It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Texas health worker with Ebola - will be moved to Atlanta

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
2nd Texas health worker with Ebola will be moved to Atlanta

This one will go to Emory Hospital. She's very sick.
She , like Pham was exposed to copious amounts of bodily fluids.

DALLAS — Three days after a nurse who treated a Liberian man with Ebola was found to have the virus, a second worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas has tested positive for the disease, state and federal health officials said Wednesday.

....Preliminary tests were performed late Tuesday by the laboratory for the Texas Department of State Health Services in Austin, and the results were received about midnight. Additional tests to confirm the positive reading were being done by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta. Officials interviewed the worker to identify anyone else who might have been exposed, the state health agency said in a statement, but it was unclear whether others were being monitored. The woman lived alone.

NY Times

What's bad with this one is protocol was broken yet again. She hopped a flight to Cleveland after being exposed to ebola. Hmmm what's next, cases in Cleveland? Then wherever those cases went to?

CNN

CNN The second Dallas health care worker who contracted the Ebola virus was on a flight the day before her symptoms, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday. Now, the CDC wants to interview all 132 passengers who were on the plane with her. The woman's name is Amber Vinson, the Reuters news agency reported. "Because of the proximity in time between the evening flight and first report of illness the following morning, CDC is reaching out to passengers who flew on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth Oct. 13," the CDC said in a statement. The flight landed Monday at 8:16 p.m. CT.

edit on 15-10-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Why not spread the Love?
Emory? More like some CDC campus around the metro...they have a good live guinea pig nicely wrapped.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

i don't understand all the moving people around for treatment...wouldn't it cost less to just buy the required inventory needed to treat it?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
wow just wow. Did anyone of these people actually go to school for the profession they have?
OK fine atlanta might be better for this . . . but really? Why not just Make people stay.

Freaking dults.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Cleveland hasn't won any big league sports pennets or trophies in decades and now this!? Cleveland is truly cursed. Luckily, one of the 16 Level 4 Bio-Hazard units in the US is in Kent, OH.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It says that the workera that treated duncan were allowed to travel but not by commercial airlines. What did she nees to do in Ohio. Seems Brantleys blood is helping Pham. This other patient is ill but stable.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Also.. what did she do in Cleveland? Did she stay there? I'm like 5 hours away from Cleveland. Obviously im not concerned, but imagine she couldve driven to man cities and states from Cleveland.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

I'm up here in Cleveland *cough-cough* and I heard on the news that she took a Frontier Airlines flight, *ACHOO!* and that Clevelands City Government says there is nothing to *YAAAKKKKK!* worry about.

I'm cool. Got a hankie?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Oh good grief. This woman is a nurse. What the hell was she thinking boarding a flight? It seems to me that any and all individuals working with any additional Ebola cases need a significant review of proper protocols and testing to assure that they are not freaking morons.

Honestly, this woman's behavior is so moronic that the threat of charges should be considered because she totally endangered the public.

Argh.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

Oh good grief. This woman is a nurse. What the hell was she thinking boarding a flight? It seems to me that any and all individuals working with any additional Ebola cases need a significant review of proper protocols and testing to assure that they are not freaking morons.

Honestly, this woman's behavior is so moronic that the threat of charges should be considered because she totally endangered the public.

Argh.

But...but...she has a edumication, so she must be smart! I've met quite a few very educated and smart (common sense) nurses in my time.

But I have also met quite a few who were...to put it bluntly, wacka-doodles with no common sense. But they were supposedly educated.

IF she survives this, she should be fined, on top of her Medical bills and fired as well. What a idiot!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is an example of why the majority of people cannot be trusted to do the correct thing. Honor system isn't much of an actual working system.

edit

Type a person's name into the no fly list. Should that take, oh, 5 seconds. Isn't that list for the public safety.
edit on 10/15/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Where is the info that she is being moved and that she is very sick? All this info is in the other thread...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

i don't understand all the moving people around for treatment...wouldn't it cost less to just buy the required inventory needed to treat it?

Yes it would , but they haven't done that yet,so need to move this one ASAP to Atlanta. She will be in a bio containment unit, so she isn't able to infect other health care workers in Dallas, if kept there.

Really, Duncan should have been placed in a level 4 zone when this discovered he had ebola. The nurses in Dallas were not trained. This mistake could very well be the cause for thousands of cases across North america and beyond. They should have picked this guy up right away or rushed in better trained health care workers
I have no confidence anyone of them take this seriously enough

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Nothing like closing the barn door after the horse has escaped.
Nice to see that officials are handling this situation with the same level of competence they showed during Katrina.
My faith in government is renewed.

/sarcasm off

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Also.. what did she do in Cleveland? Did she stay there? I'm like 5 hours away from Cleveland. Obviously im not concerned, but imagine she couldve driven to man cities and states from Cleveland.

I'm not sure about her reasons for travel or what she did there. I'm trying to find out more regarding this

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Where is the info that she is being moved and that she is very sick? All this info is in the other thread...

Sorry, I've not found an online source yet about her being sick. I'm quoting what I heard on the news. They said I'll, but I can't type the word ILL, without using all caps on this stupid ios 8 on my iPad. Turns it into 'I'll

Will find and post.

ETA

source
The nurse, identified by her family as Amber Joy Vinson, 29, reported a fever on Tuesday and was immediately isolated at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, officials said. Federal health officials said she is ill and will soon be transferred to a biocontainment unit at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta.

The info she's being moved is there.
I don't know about another thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Not trying to bait here but.........

Why didnt they move Duncan then? Why is she special.......? he was so sick he died.....

They need to stop moving people, for one it increases exposure........

2. What are they going to do when they get more cases? which they will!

They need to equip these hospitals to handle this, and not just a case or two......

CDC and those responsible for makign sure they have the right equipment are criminally negligent

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Cleveland hasn't won any big league sports pennets or trophies in decades and now this!? Cleveland is truly cursed. Luckily, one of the 16 Level 4 Bio-Hazard units in the US is in Kent, OH.

You're kidding about the level 4 bio hazard unit in Kent, right??

I'm a nurse in the same county as Kent, and we certainly don't have any level 4 bio hazard unit in Kent!

If you're joking and it just went way over my head, I'm sorry!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Would it make too much sense to outfit one FEMA camp as a field hospital for Ebola patients, and have ONE plane dedicated to transferring patients?

Maybe I'm over-thinking things......

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Nevermind, sorry, Google says kent state has a level 4 unit. I never knew that. Again, sorry!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join