It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel 12 Prophesy for The End Of Days.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I had never heard that .Do you have a link to what you are claiming ?

All I did was google his name, and many results on the first page talked of his Y2K claims and his poor reputation.

I would've thought that you maybe would have done even the slighted amount of research on a person before you believe what he claims and before you post links to his videos as a factor in your posts/opinion.

If God claims to know the end from the beginning then he can put into prophecy a message we can discern it to be true after the fact and not before.

If that was the case wouldn't such an entity make sure that the prophecies were not vague and could not be misinterpreted (as they have been countless times).

Much like prophecy but I think Chuck Messler does a good job of it imo.

All the folk that bought into his Y2K claims would disagree methinks....look into it.....you wouldn't want to be deceived.

Its only when you study prophecy's fulfillment can you have a reasonable degree of certainty what the future might look like .Or you can say to yourself , nothing to see here and move along .Either way it is a personal decision what you believe and how certain you are about it ....peace

Sure personal choice can come into it, but only if you don't care whether or not the things you believe are true or not.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I went and did a bit of reading how y2k came into the conversation with Chuck Missler and think that it really had nothing to do with prophecy but did have something to do with the hype that was going on at the time all around the web and such .this is direct from his site .
"In our very first briefing pack in 1998 we said we hoped Y2K would turn out to be nothing. Our purpose was to alert people to a potentially dangerous situation and prepare them in case it turned out that way. The fact that most of the world's population was spared the negative impacts that more dire scenarios could have produced is a cause for praise and a direct answer to all of those that prayed for this very outcome. We never "predicted" or "prophesied" what was going to happen. We, carefully and clearly, stated that our suggested preparations were based on "not knowing" what would happen." www.khouse.org...

"If that was the case wouldn't such an entity make sure that the prophecies were not vague and could not be misinterpreted (as they have been countless times). " it's not really unreasonable to think that way but that may not be the approach that God would take if He is a all knowing God . I get a kick out of the scientific papers that are put out that seem to carry much more vagueness but predict things like global warming and the like .While calming it to be absolute facts .Or news sources that seem to make things up on the fly that do not resemble the truth even a vague manner .

Nobody want's to think that the tings that you believe in is not true , so some things need to be looked at and studied to see if they might be .That is the thing about faith I find more and more interesting when looking at Bible prophecy . I hear people make false claims about the bible all the time and if you happen to show them that what they are saying is not true they are not thankful at all but run off to another thread to repeat the same false statements . I guess you could say they are happy in their ignorance .Hey it takes all kinds to make the world go around and there are none missing . I am ok with that as that is what the bible teaches if you study it . a reply to: Prezbo369

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I went and did a bit of reading how y2k came into the conversation with Chuck Missler and think that it really had nothing to do with prophecy but did have something to do with the hype that was going on at the time all around the web and such .

He either took advantage of the hype at the time just to make money off the gullible, or made a future prediction because he truly believed that the world was going to end.

Either way i'm struggling to see why anyone would give him even the slightest amount of credibility.

this is direct from his site .
"In our very first briefing pack in 1998 we said we hoped Y2K would turn out to be nothing. Our purpose was to alert people to a potentially dangerous situation and prepare them in case it turned out that way. The fact that most of the world's population was spared the negative impacts that more dire scenarios could have produced is a cause for praise and a direct answer to all of those that prayed for this very outcome. We never "predicted" or "prophesied" what was going to happen. We, carefully and clearly, stated that our suggested preparations were based on "not knowing" what would happen." www.khouse.org...

"If that was the case wouldn't such an entity make sure that the prophecies were not vague and could not be misinterpreted (as they have been countless times). "

LOL yeah, all this AFTER his 'prediction' failed.....amazing!

it's not really unreasonable to think that way but that may not be the approach that God would take if He is a all knowing God . I get a kick out of the scientific papers that are put out that seem to carry much more vagueness but predict things like global warming and the like .While calming it to be absolute facts .Or news sources that seem to make things up on the fly that do not resemble the truth even a vague manner .

Science never ever claims anything absolutely, you'd know this if you'd ever even looked at a scientific paper.....and the fact we are communicating like this is a testament (heh) to the reliability and trust science has earnt. The same cannot be said of any religious book or scripture. And if you're comparing news sources with the scientific method, I have to conclude you have no clue when it comes to science, you just know it contradicts your beliefs.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"He either took advantage of the hype at the time just to make money off the gullible, or made a future prediction because he truly believed that the world was going to end." I don't think you will find that he claimed the world was going to end but may have ,like so many other people at the time looked at y2k as having the possibility to cause havoc in the world if it would have shut down the web ,and so spoke about some precautions people may want to prepare for . You could say the same thing for a weather man that sees a storm heading for a population and makes some suggestions as to how to prepare for a bad situation . I think that may have been more for a concern as to what could of happened and didn't then anything to do with being a prophet which he has never claimed to be as far as I know of .

He does have credibility as a biblical scholar and as a teacher for those that are in the faith . As far as anyone having credibility to someone out of the faith that just seems silly .Someone outside of the faith does not take the word of God seriously but usually has contempt for it ,and those that would look to it to learn from . (not all, but some)

You are claiming he made a prediction or prophecy . Now show me where he did this if you can .with link please .some Science can predict some things with a great deal of accuracy while some computer models are not very accurate at all ie.climate models made by climate scientist . I can claim that because of gravity ,something I drop will hit the ground and be 100% accurate . Where science has a certain amount of variability is in how long it will take for the object to hit the ground .

Where science seems to get into trouble is when they start to project into the future ,especially when dealing with a very complex subject as climate and the future a reply to: Prezbo369

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Enough said:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: shieldmaiden

Thank you.

Sorry to reply so late. I was just now looking how the thread went.

Honestly, I don't know if this is correct. It is just an interesting observation.

It is very hard to even have written what I found because as a human being I do not want to be disrespectful to other faiths and obviously this is a very contentious subject indeed.

I am not one of those people who dismiss the Prophets. Daniel and Revelations are so similar in so many wyas in what they say. This last Chapter of Daniel I think could be a very important Prophesy in our age.

If you come to any conclusion about this please do let me know. I am trying to learn.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Thank you to everyone who posted here.

I have read all the replies so far.

I am only saying what I wrote was an observation. It was interesting enough for me to want to share it.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Why doesn't anyone believe Daniel? He wrote of 'days', not years.

If you believe him, then some interesting stuff comes up. For instance, three and a half [prophetic] years of 360 days each = 1,260 days, which is also 180 weeks, or 42 months. Now reference all those verses using these figures, and you come up with an interesting scenario.

(If you doubt the use of 360 days for a prophetic year, check out this website: www.360calendar.com...)

Daniel also told of these times being for a total period of 2,300 days. First there are the 70 weeks, of 7 weeks and 62 weeks - but that only comes to 69 weeks, so one week is missing!

This 'missing week' is made up of the agreement being broken mid-week (3.5 days) and the Two Witnesses bodies being left to lie in the street for 3.5 days. These two events 'bracket' the 1,260 days given to the Antichrist/Little Horn/4th Beast/Beast from the Sea to have power over the saints = the Tribulation.

As Yeshua prophesied, "They will hand you over to Tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations, on account of / because of my name"... "and this gospel [sic] of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a witness to all the nations AND THEN THE END WILL COME!" (Matthew 24:9 & 14)

So if you add the three and a half years (1,260 days) to the 70 weeks (490 days) and you're left with 550 days of the 2,300 still to account for.

After the destruction of the 4th and Terrible Beast of Daniel, the first three beasts will continue for a year and a season, which is one and a half years (in those days the year was divided into two seasons. Ref: Peake's Commentary), which is 360 + 180 days = 540 days.

During this time the bones will be searched out and marked for burial over a period of 7 months, which is 210 days or 30 weeks. The rebuilding of the Temple, which was completed during the 70 weeks, and which the Two Witnesses preached outside of for 1,260 days, and which the Gentiles trampled the courtyard of for 42 months, will be re-cleansed/re-sanctified during this time.

This still leaves 10 days of the 2,300 days unaccounted for. Daniel uses 10 days to convince the King that they should eat their own food and Yeshua promises in Revelation that he will give Tribulation for 10 days, so 10 days has some serious religious significance!

Is this the period during which the Battle of Armageddon will be fought?

Ending in the Feast of the Birds who will eat the flesh of those slain, and resulting in the bare bones searched for during the 7 months?

What do you think? Maybe someone here can account for 'why' the 1,290 days and the 1,335 days, which I still don't have a handle on - yet.

P.S. Doesn't this also show that Daniel is now an 'open' (unsealed) book, which proves we are in end times / the latter days?

edit on 19/12/2014 by Maigret because: To add P.S.

edit on 19/12/2014 by Maigret because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join