It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel 12 Prophesy for The End Of Days.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I would here like to present an observation I have made concerning the prophesy of dates given by Daniel in the last Chapter of "The Little Book" which I myself (and many other Bible commentators) believe to be the same "little book" spoken of by St John in The Revelation of Jesus Christ.

Firstly, I would like to here quote in full the text of Daniel 12 so you the reader can have a clear reference to what I am going to present:

Daniel 12 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Time of the End

12 “At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above;[a] and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

5 Then I, Daniel, looked, and behold, two others stood, one on this bank of the stream and one on that bank of the stream. 6 And someone said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream, “How long shall it be till the end of these wonders?” 7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream; he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time, and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished. 8 I heard, but I did not understand. Then I said, “O my lord, what shall be the outcome of these things?” 9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many shall purify themselves and make themselves white and be refined, but the wicked shall act wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand. 11 And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is he who waits and arrives at the 1,335 days. 13 But go your way till the end. And you shall rest and shall stand in your allotted place at the end of the days.”

I want to deal mainly here with the meaning of the "1,290 days" and the "1, 135 days". If you google the "day for a year interpretation of Bible prophesy" you will notice that it is common and widespread to use this model and indeed it is even mentioned in the Bible.

Daniel, it is understood, was among the Hebrews who were taken to Babylon at the first deportation. The year for the first deportation is about 599 BC (when this first began).

It would have been this approximate time when what Daniel refers to as "the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away" occurred. Now for some simple maths: If we assume the day for a year model when interpreting the "1290" days, that it becomes 1290 years we arrive at the year 691 AD. According to this method "the abomination that makes desolate is set up" in 691 AD.

The Dome of The Rock just so happened to be completed in approximately 691 AD. I have been to Jerusalem and researched hard and I am 100% convinced that the Dome is standing exactly on top of Mount Moriah where the 1st Hebrew Temple stood. This is also the same spot where it is said Abraham took Isaac as instructed and where the Patriarch was spared having to sacrifice his son.

For the Hebrews the Dome scripturally is desecrating the Temple and it might be contested that for Christians also the very writing on the walls of the Dome quoting Muhammad as saying that God does not have a Son is denying Christ as God's Son (anti Christ in the strongest possible terms). Research it for yourself and you will understand that what I have written is a fact. On top of Mount Moriah where the first temple stood is a Persian Mosque with writing from Muhammad that Christ is NOT God's Son. Obviously, for both Daniel and John, this would be a desecration of YHVH's Temple.

Next Daniel refers to the "1135 days". If we count from 691 AD the year we arrive at is 2026 AD, where Daniel tells us "Blessed is he who waits and arrives at the 1,335 days"

I am crazily wondering if this day for a year method has any significance to Daniel's prophesy? Perhaps too much looking into things has led me off on a tangent, but you have to admit it is an interesting observation and speculation.

Also, both these sets of days if you calculate them into years you arrive at roughly 3.5 years each (with slight variation, but near enough). That adds up to the 7 years spoken of in John's Revelation, with two sets of "a time, two times and half a time" that is so often used in both the Old and New Covenant Prophesies.

Also, note how at the end of Daniel's Prophesy he is told to "seal up" the prophesy until the time of the end. John, however, at the end of the Revelation is told specifically NOT to seal up the Prophesy. One interpretation of this is that Daniel's prophesy is only meant to be fulfilled at the end, where John's Prophesy began straight away. That is how I understand the use of the word "seal" in these two texts.

This has been something I have been musing on for a fair few months now. I am not saying I have anything right here, just a peculiar pattern I have noticed. I do hope I have explained this for you well enough.

Thanks for your indulgence.

edit on 14-10-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/15/2014 by AshleyD because: Mod edit: Fixed bold tags.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
In Revelation the 1260 days is the time of the gentiles who trample the outer court under foot and Israel became a nation in 1948 I don't Know the start of construction of the Dome.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I can't wait for this "end of days" to actually happen. Then I wouldn't have to read all these darn "end of days" posts. There's so many and so many of you. This is why I'm an atheist. Screw this end of day nonsense and let me get back to being a godless bigot.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
In Mathew Jesus calls it the (Abomination that causes Desolation) so if Israel decides to tear it down or blow it up, I believe it would bring about War.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Interesting. I also have two other theories that when you work out the details they seem to put the "last days" in the 2020s as well. Here's what I figured out.

Theory 1. The fig tree parable of Matthew 24.

Per Matthew 24 it state this in verse 14.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

And this.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

And this

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

What we are told here is that the end won't start until the gospel is preached to a representative of every nation/tribe/ethnic group in the world. Then in verses 32 to 34 compare the events of the Apocalypse to a fig tree leafing out in the spring. And compares that "springtime" to the lifetime of a generation of people. And finally in verses 6 to 8 tell us that there would be a time of war, famines, diseases, and earthquakes preceding the end times.

So then the question is "Has the Apocalypse started?" I would say yes based on the creation of the state of Israel on May 15 1948. A revival of a nation of Israel being directly and indirectly referenced to as an end time event in a number of prophesies.

So assuming that Israel is a fig leaf then the Apocalypse is 66 years old. And with Psalms 90 defining a average lifetime is 70 to 80 years then May 15 2028 would be the last possible date of the end of the end times.

Theory 2. The curse of Malachi.

In Matthew 17 Jesus Christ claimed that John the Baptist was Elijah the prophet. If so then there was a major problem with his death at the order of Herod. What is that problem? What the book of Malachi states.

Malachi 3.
1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Malachi 4.
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

According to Malachi there was supposed to be 3 messiahs. The Lord and his 2 messengers. Elijah the prophet wasn't supposed to die. When he did it triggered the curse. Then the problem was finding the details of the curse. And it was a whopper.

The details and the length of the curse is given in the book of Hosea and the day of Jezreel prophecy. In the prophecy it was predicted that Israel and Judah would face a long term Leviticus 26 curse. However in verses 6-1 and 6-2 we're given the timeframe of the curse. Here's the verses with 2nd Peter to make the days understandable here.

Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

2nd Peter 3
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Those "days" are thousand year periods of time. The curse is 2000 years long followed by a 1000 year "day of Jezreel".

So if the curse started at the death of John the Baptist then it ends in the 2020s approximately.

And with your theory we now have 3 prophesies that point at the 2020s as the end of the Apocalypse.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I agree with you, it does seem to be looking to be in 2020s sometime. a reply to: ntech

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Have you heard about Sept. 23, 2017 and the sign in the Heavens. a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Interesting, though I still don't tend to agree with you.

On another note, I don't think it's safe to say that Muslim is the anti-Christ religion because they deny God has a son. They say that the anti-Christ will come claiming he is God's son and if they deny that God has a son then how can they accept the anti-Christ. This is why they believe they will be saved. Also the anti-Christ will count nothing as sacred, where-as Muslims count all that is sacred as sacred. The anti-Christ won't have a religion as such because he holds nothing as sacred.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Dont forget that the anti-Christ will be accepted after he defeats Israels enemies .Seeing that they seem to be the Muslim nations surrounding Israel ,He wont have to convince them of anything . a reply to: Emerald53

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud
You also need to bring in what is said about the "final ruler" in ch11.
He is in power for "a week", that is seven days or years.
In the middle of the week, he "causes the sacrifice to cease", and therefore the trouble that he causes belongs to the second half of his "week".
That is, three and a half years (three and a half "times") or 1260 days (understanding 30 days to the month).
In Revelation these periods are talking about the time of persecution by the Beast.
The same should be understood here- hence, the blesssing on those who remain faithful to the end of it.

Trying to match these times to specific years is a thankless task, and best avoided.
What we need to get out of this is that there will be a "final ruler", who will bring trouble in the latter half of his time of power.
(Therefore the first half is comparatively peaceful, which is why Revelation ch8 v1 calls it a time of "silence in heaven", when heaven is not being noisy with the sounds of wrath).

To the poster who looks forward to not having to read end-time posts-
Has nobody told you that you're not obliged to read them now?

edit on 15-10-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
If they were sealed up by god till the end....don't you think its a bit rude to be trying to peek at them now? just sayin.....
Kind of a delicious form of blasphemy second guessing god.....but hey good luck with that.....

edit on 15-10-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It should be remembered that biblical predictions for the end of the world have had a 100% failure rate over the last 2000 years. But hey, you might be the one to get it right!

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond
I can't wait for this "end of days" to actually happen. Then I wouldn't have to read all these darn "end of days" posts.

Lol ah geez it took me ages to get all the coffee out of my keyboard.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Do you think when Christ told his followers that not a stone would be left standing while referring to the temple at that time was not fulfilled ? I mean it did happen within the past 2000 years after all . a reply to: Prezbo369 ETA "
Isaiah prophecied that Israel would become a nation again and that it would happen in one day!
Bible passage: Isaiah 66:7-8
Prophet: Isaiah
Written: perhaps between 701-681 BC
Fulfilled: 1948
In Isaiah 66:7-8, the prophet foreshadowed the re-birth of Israel, which happened "in one day." The woman giving birth before going into labor represent Israel. This accurately describes what happened on May 14, 1948 - when the Jews declared independence for Israel as a united and sovereign nation for the first time in 2,900 years.

During that same day, the United States issued a statement recognizing Israel's sovereignty. And, only hours beforehand, a United Nations mandate expired, ending British control of the land. During a 24-hour span of time, foreign control of the land of Israel had formally ceased, and Israel had declared its independence, and its independence was acknowledged by other nations. Modern Israel was literally was born in a single day. therefinersfire.org...

edit on 15-10-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Do you think when Christ told his followers that not a stone would be left standing while referring to the temple at that time was not fulfilled ? I mean it did happen within the past 2000 years after all .

Many temples have fallen, however i'm pretty sure the end of the world hasn't happened....?

Isaiah prophecied that Israel would become a nation again and that it would happen in one day!
Bible passage: Isaiah 66:7-8
Prophet: Isaiah
Written: perhaps between 701-681 BC
Fulfilled: 1948
In Isaiah 66:7-8, the prophet foreshadowed the re-birth of Israel, which happened "in one day." The woman giving birth before going into labor represent Israel. This accurately describes what happened on May 14, 1948 - when the Jews declared independence for Israel as a united and sovereign nation for the first time in 2,900 years.

During that same day, the United States issued a statement recognizing Israel's sovereignty. And, only hours beforehand, a United Nations mandate expired, ending British control of the land. During a 24-hour span of time, foreign control of the land of Israel had formally ceased, and Israel had declared its independence, and its independence was acknowledged by other nations. Modern Israel was literally was born in a single day. therefinersfire.org...

Self fulfilling prophecy? It didn't happen miraculously did it....a great many people put a lot of effort into making that happen so it would conform with the OT.

Plus no end of the world type happenings....so i'm not sure why you mentioned it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I don't think this thread was about the end of the world ,but about end times .As far as I know ,Peter spoke about the end of the world when he said something to the effect that it would all melt but that is far into the future . In the mean time there are many things that will come to pass which is what prophecy is about .Most of it deals with Israel and only makes mention of other places on the earth with small bits of detail . a reply to: Prezbo369 ETA ...this is a good lesson on what prophecy is about .

edit on 15-10-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I don't think this thread was about the end of the world ,but about end times .

Then perhaps you're in the wrong thread?

Or maybe you could explain the differences between the two? in your opinion....

As far as I know ,Peter spoke about the end of the world when he said something to the effect that it would all melt but that is far into the future .

Tell that to the OP.

In the mean time there are many things that will come to pass which is what prophecy is about .Most of it deals with Israel and only makes mention of other places on the earth with small bits of detail .

Most of it deals with Israel because its all in the Christianised version of the Torah....

ETA ...this is a good lesson on what prophecy is about .

An hour long video by Chuck Missler? The man that thought the world would end on Y2K?

The man that made a truckload of cash selling end of the world videos about Y2K and never offered anyone a refund?

Why would I or anyone else listen to him?
edit on 15-10-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Excellent post. This is very interesting. I will be rereading and studying what you have written.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

An hour long video by Chuck Missler? The man that thought the end of the world would end on Y2K?

The man that made a truckload of cash selling end of the world videos about Y2K and never offered anyone a refund?
a reply to: Prezbo369 I had never heard that .Do you have a link to what you are claiming ? There is talk in the bible about things changing where Mystery Babylon is destroyed . It doesn't say what those changes will be exactly so until it happens we can only imagine what it will be like without false religion . When you consider end times prophecy it is only pictured in what is happening in creation .ie the world . Eternity is not in this world and exist outside of time in some kind of other dimension .

There really isn't a good way to explain 3 dimensions to a 2 dimensional world . Much like prophecy but I think Chuck Messler does a good job of it imo. History is not the present and the future is not yet but we can look at the past in the present and contemplate the future . If God claims to know the end from the beginning then he can put into prophecy a message we can discern it to be true after the fact and not before.

Its only when you study prophecy's fulfillment can you have a reasonable degree of certainty what the future might look like .Or you can say to yourself , nothing to see here and move along .Either way it is a personal decision what you believe and how certain you are about it ....peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join