It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my brother just won his first pro fight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
pretty cool i think.
3rd round knock out is a good way to make your pro debut. his fight was the fight of the night as well.

www.sherdog.com...

i spent hours and hours on the mat with him and my other brother....i was showing him submissions when he was 10.
hopefully all my blood, sweat, and tears will finally pay off...hahahaha

serious though....i did have him and my other bro on the mats when they were kids. they used to wrestle at school as well. after practice the coach would let me take my brothers and a couple others that were interested onto the other mats to show them different transitions and submissions that were against the rules in folk style high school wrestling.
we had mats at the house too and there were always friends of my bros around wanting to roll.

i miss those days....

thats back when i could tap my brother out with the quickness too. now he would probably tune me up pretty fast.

ever since those early days at home he said he wanted to be a fighter.
he is 28 so he is getting a late start. he will never make it to the upper echelon of the sport but he officially did it. he became a pro fighter.
i used to want it too but i never got there....

anyway.....just wanted to brag about my little bro.

edit*
looks like my bro has a crazy reach advantage

only thing about those long limbs is when you get on the ground with a guy that knows submissions it makes a long/easy target

edit on 14-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Congrats to you and your brother.

Any win on the 'MMA' stage is a big deal - I'm sure he'll see plenty more fights and I wish him the same success.

My only question - where's the KO Video bro?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

My only question - where's the KO Video bro?

i dont have a vid right now.
i searched and found an audio vid after the fight. im sure he had people in his camp filming the fight....
if/when i get the vid i will put it up.
i will have to have my mom see if there is a vid on his facebook...i dont do the social media crap so if its there i wont see it.

ill text now to see if i can get the vid

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i texted about the vid.

couple more pics...

putting someone to sleep

i know he will never make it to the top just cause of his age. already 28 and only 1 pro fight....
i also know he is not the toughest dude around...there are going to b people that know more and train harder. there always is.

i will say this and as his brother i know....people that accept fights with them have no idea what theyre getting into. he is fearless. he's a nice guy but he is aggressive too. when he was younger he was always fast to fight.
not a bully but didnt know how to walk away really.

now though. he is older. he has years of training and discipline.....now he has control.
he's gonna mess people up.....
im getting excited.....cant wait to see it happen.

when he was in his teens and i was mid 20's i used to mess him up bad....he kept coming though. he never, ever wanted to stop.....he's like that now plus he has control and training....
i think he is going to make some waves....

amyway, if/when i get the vid i will toss it up

edit*
my mom said we will have the vid soon.
dont know what they are doing with it....

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You must be so proud! I'm sincerely happy for both
you and your (not so lil) bro. My little cousin has just started
kickboxing, lol, teaching her how to break a jaw with
your elbow or a well placed kick has been a really
special bonding experience.

While I was trying to
teach her how to keep her defences up when an
opponent rains down punches on you, she completely
took me by surprise (because I was in relaxed, showing
my family to do dangerous stuff mode), she totally
took advantage and uppercutted me in the gut ,winded me,
and -nearly- knocked me on my ass. It was such
an evil, underhanded, backstabbing thing to do
it nearly brought a tear to my eye, I was so proud.

star and flag for you and your scary brother

edit on 14-10-2014 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelegateZero88
You must be so proud! I'm sincerely happy for both
you and your (not so lil) bro. :

im stoked for him....i joke and say i take the credit but i really didnt have anything to do with it.
when he was younger he used to watch all the fights with me...i used to break the fights down for him and he explain this or that. like i said we had mats at home and we would roll all the time....

he passed me up a long time ago....

i hope he does well. i think he will...

here is the gym he trains at/fights out of

www.cmmagym.com...

apparently the jui jitsu instructor there trained with fabio costa from a gracia barra academy.
all the gracie barra guys have a pretty good lineage so it seems like my bro is on good hands.

i know about 2 years ago he was at another camp and was devoting a lot of time to catch wrestling and those submissions and transitions.....
hopefully as he gets more fights he will use some of the catch wrestling.....that would be nice.

people are not going to know what hit them...

edit*
he does look scary but he is a goof ball

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
people are not going to know what hit them...

I really hope so, it's a really special feeling
when one of your own grows up to
be a fighter. I'll look out for the name,
I watch a lot of fighting, I wish both you
and him all the best for your future endeavours,
it'd be great to be screaming at the screen
"Come on ATS ! Kick his ass!"

All the best

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelegateZero88

, it's a really special feeling
when one of your own grows up to be a fighter.

All the best

yeah, its pretty cool.
there was a point i wanted to be a fighter. i did some amateur stuff here ad there but i never took it anywhere. life kind of got in the way. now im older and have chronic medical problems...a family...the closest i will get is him i suppose.

i know he has another fight in a couple months. i hope he does not take on too many fights close together.
i'll be smiling every time he walks to the cage though....
people just have no idea......

he has always been talented with his hands and the past 5 years he has been doing serious grappling.
plus, he is just shy of 6 foot 5. he is awkward and that is going to throw people off.
he is very tall for his weight class. he moves at strange angles when he is cutting someone off.

lots of little nuances that most people(especially people that dont fight) will not even notice. lots of little things that are going to add up and throw his opponent off their game.

i think if he would have had his first pro fight 5-8 years ago he might have had a chance to make it to the top.
28 is just too late of a start.
fighters have a short shelf life

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yep, you should be proud. Big ol' rangy boy yer bro---now we probably know why you have "giant" in your name!

Nice thread with pics and everything. SnF.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
He should be in the cryptozoology thread !
Only kiddin good to see a guy done good .
Respect , peace .

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Respect , peace .

He's built like me , people do the tango !
We do the orangutango !

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Respect , peace .

He's built like me , people do the tango !
We do the orangutango !

Hahaha that's funny

Good luck to your Bro .. He looks like a handful

My bro is fighting for the British throw down title next week and he's 43

So your never to old my friend .. I wish him all the best because it's a tuff game to be in .. Any man/woman 😃 who gets in the ring deserves respect

edit on 102014fAmerica/ChicagopmTue, 14 Oct 2014 15:40:25 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

edit on 102014fAmerica/ChicagopmTue, 14 Oct 2014 15:44:01 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

edit on 102014fAmerica/ChicagopmTue, 14 Oct 2014 15:45:07 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nofear39

good luck to your bro too.
yeah, my brother is a handful.
he is going to give whoever he fights a hard time...

how long has your brother been fighting?
whats his style?

your location is wales...lots of catch wrestling over there?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

originally posted by: nofear39

good luck to your bro too.
yeah, my brother is a handful.
he is going to give whoever he fights a hard time...

how long has your brother been fighting?
whats his style?

your location is wales...lots of catch wrestling over there?

He's a boxer .. He started boxing when he was 10 .. Had his 1st fight (amateur ) at 13 .. He's had over 100 fights and boxed for Wales 15-20 times I think ..

He took a few years out and started back this year .. He's had 3 fights since and no he's fighting for a title
fair play to him

I'm not sure why its called the throw down title when he's boxing tho haha its a mixed martial arts Nite MMA so all types of fights that Nite

I'm just like you pal .. Proud as punch

edit on 102014fAmerica/ChicagopmTue, 14 Oct 2014 17:38:53 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

edit on 102014fAmerica/ChicagopmTue, 14 Oct 2014 17:38:19 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

edit on 102014fAmerica/ChicagopmTue, 14 Oct 2014 17:40:28 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Long limbs make for nice targets .. but they also let you lock in submissions and sweeps other guys can't pull off. things your opponent won't see coming unless he has a training partner that also has freak limbs. Congrats to your brother!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
here is a write up about my brothers fight....still waiting for the vid

firststopfantasy.com...

Mike Hazzard has arrived.

Considered arguably the most exciting bout to go down this past weekend at Conflict 21: Havoc at the Civic Center, Mike Hazzard versus Warren Smith absolutely did not disappoint on the hype leading in. Hazzard faced one of the grittiest and durable warriors in the South that night, a man who fights the best fighters he can get his hands on. This was not simply a debut for Hazzard, it was a culmination that had began long ago. He didn’t just dive into the pro fight scene, he cannonballed and the waves will be something to see indeed.

For those who missed previous coverage or the fight itself, it was one of those barnburners that you show up hoping to see. We have all come to fight nights waiting for this kind of fight, and Savannah was treated to it in spades. Warren kept the pressure high, never let off the gas, and Mike was able to be one step ahead almost the whole time. He showed impressive skills against the cage, both with his back to it and his opponents. He stuffed multiple takedowns, absorbed some good shots, used his reach advantage extremely well, and we finally saw some elbows too.

Smith brought everything, an entire arsenal all the way down to foot stomps. You could not ask for a more challenging and stalwart opponent to kick off a pro career. Both men showed incredible heart and solid technique throughout, and the plethora of fans on their feet for three rounds was proof. As if to cap this stunner off, and cement himself as a true threat on the pro level, Hazzard closed out the fight with a blasting right hand that leveled Smith about halfway through the final round.

Whatever comes next for Mike Hazzard, Southeast fight fans should make sure not to miss it. What Hazzard displayed Saturday night was exactly the sort of “new blood” we need to really shake things up at 170 around here. The right hand that knocked Smith out was something Hazzard employed intentionally based off the way Warren kept taking the fight to the cage. The point being, he was adjusting, evolving, taking the moment and changing it’s direction in his favor. Showing all the things we want to see in a pro, and I for one cannot wait to see what is revealed in the battles to come.

edit on 16-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Beautiful front kick to the face!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Congrats, that's awesome!

Your brother looks huge! Wowsers!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join