It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking---Medical Personnel Surround Inbound Flight at Logan Airport

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
from that part of the world you should be mroe worried about MERS, I get new notifcations and deaths everyday relating to it. There was a lot of concern with the Haj and the insane amount of people that travel through that area would see it finally spread out to another country.
I believe its close to a 40% mortality rate but it hasnt met the WHO definition for a PHEIC but is very close. If it spreads out of ME it will most likely become a PHEIC and dealing with that and Ebola would be headache.
I wont lose sleep on Ebola but lets hope its just over cautious reaction.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Yup anyone can be a terrorist now. You don't need guns or bombs. Just load yourself up with any infectious disease and go around hugging as many of your adversaries as you can.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: IAMTAT
I brought this up a few weeks ago. The HAJJ ... extreme crowding in poor sanitary conditions and nobody is checking people for infection before entering the crowd. The infected areas in West Africa do have muslim populations who probably travelled for the HAJJ. It looked like a potentially very bad situation set up to me ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Is this some new way for TPTB to decrease population .. can it be that if you wipe out a large amound of the population in the world you can save the big economic bubble and build robotics to fill in the gaps?

And start over again with halvation of the world population?
I'm beginning to think that that's the case also because lots of wars going on and that we become more aware that we've all been lied to.

How will they call it operation armor geddon?

Or is this just a joke to scare us like the Mexican flu ..
It reminds me of something I've seen before...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin
a reply to: jaynkeel

Yup anyone can be a terrorist now. You don't need guns or bombs. Just load yourself up with any infectious disease and go around hugging as many of your adversaries as you can.

Like I said not sure I would call it terrorism, I suppose state sponsored terrorism. But more like a blind eye on other countries part and perhaps a hope that it will make a negative impact here, thereby crumbling our system here leading to an easier time in the future for whatever country involved. And if it's right it looks like they are doing a great job.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: whyamIhere

this is truly gonna be a logistical nightmare with the flu season coming up....and it is good we take precautions but we are gonna hear the boy cry wolf too many times and become more complacent than we already are

Maybe that is the idea? They (government) isn't stopping it from coming here...hell, the first few were brought here for treatment. Maybe the idea isn't to spread ebola itself, but the fear of it.

They let it into the country and get the people pissed off, then they "do what the people want" and stop flights and start containment. When flu season starts, watch who this administration puts into fenced in "hospitals" (or is that camps). The descenters such as republicans, tea party, "gun nuts", etc. Anyone with the flu could be hidden away for quite a while until "they have time" to test them.

Not saying it is so...just saying it is possible.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

this is truly gonna be a logistical nightmare with the flu season coming up....and it is good we take precautions but we are gonna hear the boy cry wolf too many times and become more complacent than we already are

Maybe that is the idea? They (government) isn't stopping it from coming here...hell, the first few were brought here for treatment. Maybe the idea isn't to spread ebola itself, but the fear of it.

They let it into the country and get the people pissed off, then they "do what the people want" and stop flights and start containment. When flu season starts, watch who this administration puts into fenced in "hospitals" (or is that camps). The descenters such as republicans, tea party, "gun nuts", etc. Anyone with the flu could be hidden away for quite a while until "they have time" to test them. Maybe with an election coming up?

Not saying it is so...just saying it is possible.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It's like last month all over again, we have to wait and see how this evolves.

Only then we'll get the bigger picture.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So what was it? I doubt five people began exhibiting symptoms of Ebola during the flight.

More like a little food poisoning from the in flight meal.

Sounds fishy to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Tell me about it.

I swear I got food poisoning from the rice from my flight to Japan 2 weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Yes you are right, I read an article on a person from Liberia that knew Mr. Duncan he no only told the real story of Mr. Duncan (a littler bit controvertial due to the story been told here) but also that people in Liberia right now, will do anything and pay anything to get a visa to the US, since the 3 Americans were given the serum and recuperated.

a reply to: crazyewok

I agree, I expect at least a level of contagion in developed countries with successful control and Isolation of cases.

The problem is that with the flu season coming, I do not stop saying that it will create panic within people that will run to the ERs because the early symptoms of Flu so close to ebola, this will create the perfect scenario for vaccination pushing of the trial vaccines been manufactured.

Remember that the millions and millions of dollars that US government has spend on vaccines along with the big pharma will not want to lose their investments.

So I expect the propaganda and scaremongering to grow during the Flu season, indirectly in order to get people screaming for vaccinations.

The best thing to do if the ebola infection stays isolated and by Dec. is not too close to your backyards, is to get your ready to use anti viral for influenza from your doctor or pharmacy, get your Pneumonia vaccine or flu vaccine, if you have weak immune system and try to avoid ERs if you are healthy enough to care for your flu at home, if sick.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

It was planned that way. Come on and wake up. This ebola scare was planned to create panic. Ebola has to be one of the easiest viruses to contain yet they're not containing it? In this day of modern medicine?

Possibly but have you thought of the possibility that it is just a different kind of strand?
You mean strain? Have they tested it and determined that? I mean where's all the info? They already told us it's not an airborne virus.

Yes strain sorry....I don't remember where but some doctors said that it has mutated over 300 times. There is a difference from it being airborne like in the movies and aresol spread through like sneezes. The book I read talked about this in detail. If you are standing across the room and an ebola patient sneezes towards you and a droplet is absorbed you are highly at risk to get ebola. So it did travel through the air but the virus is not airborne.

I don't know much about the mutations or the chance of it becoming airborne but no matter what argument anyone makes...there is one fact...this is the biggest out break of the ebola virus we have ever had in history. In fact this episode has killed more in 3 months than I think have died from ebola in all of recorded history. Think about that for a moment. Something is different this time around...poerhaps the virus is spreading easier by accident or by genetics.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How much must it suck in this current climate of Ebola paranoia to be on that (or any similar) flight and not be given any info and just told to go home after guys who are likely going to spend 10 minutes in the company of someone you just spent 10 hours cramped up with in a tiny box with recycled recycled air come on with hazmat suits. (Sorry for the epic run on sentence, it is early)
Do you just go home and hope you arent carrying something that infects your family? Do you go scrub down at a hotel? Take a bath in hand sanitizer? Burn your luggage?

If there's nothing wrong with these guys the suits do nothing but breed fear and paranoia, if they are infected and infectious then just sending everyone else that had contact with them on their way seems irresponsible.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

This is more control through fear s#!t...

...expect to see it ramping up as the heinous Crab is in it's steadily increasing death throws while Pluto opposes it's utter retardation.

Remember everyone, the USA is in it's end-game right now. It has to choose to change for the better or continue down it's destructive path. It's been happening since 2008, and these type of events and issues with the American government will last until 2022. I expect destructive path and aftermath, as Crabs aren't known for their ability to compromise or change.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It was planned that way. Come on and wake up. This ebola scare was planned to create panic. Ebola has to be one of the easiest viruses to contain yet they're not containing it? In this day of modern medicine?

Possibly but have you thought of the possibility that it is just a different kind of strand?
You mean strain? Have they tested it and determined that? I mean where's all the info? They already told us it's not an airborne virus.

Yes strain sorry....I don't remember where but some doctors said that it has mutated over 300 times. There is a difference from it being airborne like in the movies and aresol spread through like sneezes. The book I read talked about this in detail. If you are standing across the room and an ebola patient sneezes towards you and a droplet is absorbed you are highly at risk to get ebola. So it did travel through the air but the virus is not airborne.

I don't know much about the mutations or the chance of it becoming airborne but no matter what argument anyone makes...there is one fact...this is the biggest out break of the ebola virus we have ever had in history. In fact this episode has killed more in 3 months than I think have died from ebola in all of recorded history. Think about that for a moment. Something is different this time around...poerhaps the virus is spreading easier by accident or by genetics.

I read a similar article and posted about it in a thread earlier. It basically said Ebola is 'heavy' so although it could travel 3 to 4 feet, through the air, it would then fall down on to a surface and couldn't stay in the air. I don't know how long it has to stay in the air before it's considered truly airborne but maybe someone else can tell us the actual medical definition of airborne. For me personally, Ebola traveling 3 to 4 feet in the air is far enough to cause concern!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think it is more than likely MERS which is known to be flourishing there. This takes 14 days from exposure to show symptoms and like Ebola, has many of the same symptoms and testing protocol. However unlike Ebola at this point, MERS is airborne and on a plane is much more dangerous to anyone on it.
CDC on MERS

Close Contacts of a Confirmed Case of MERS

If you have had close contact** with someone who has a confirmed MERS-CoV infection, you should contact a healthcare provider for an evaluation. Your healthcare provider may request laboratory testing and outline additional recommendations, depending on the findings of your evaluation and whether you have symptoms. You most likely will be asked to monitor your health for 14 days, starting from the day you were last exposed to the ill person. Watch for these symptoms:
Fever. Take your temperature twice a day.
Coughing
Shortness of breath
Other early symptoms to watch for are chills, body aches, sore throat, headache, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, and runny nose.
If you develop symptoms, call ahead to your healthcare provider as soon as possible and tell him or her about your possible exposure to MERS-CoV so the office can take steps to keep other people from getting infected. Ask your healthcare provider to call the local or state health department.

Alert from CDC on Hajj

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Maya00a

See that is the issue....no one can say what is going on with the virus....ive heard 10 different things about 10 different things...all form credible sources. I have a feeling we will learn in great detail what is going on by the time this is over haha

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Stopping planes from Africa won't do a thing, since most folks flying in are doing so via connecting flights. We can't force all countries to not accept flights from Africa. Best we can do is try to track passengers.. via their passports.. and stop their entry. And that would be a logistical nightmare I think.

No, but we CAN refuse flights from those countries, too.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Great, I have a flight to take this Thursday, and back on Sunday. I'm not sick, but I hope I don't cough for any reason while in flight! I don't want to greeted by HAZMAT dudes when I arrive at my destinations.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: fleabit
Stopping planes from Africa won't do a thing, since most folks flying in are doing so via connecting flights. We can't force all countries to not accept flights from Africa. Best we can do is try to track passengers.. via their passports.. and stop their entry. And that would be a logistical nightmare I think.

No, but we CAN refuse flights from those countries, too.

So Thomas Duncan flew from London to Dallas. So we should stop all flights from England.

Other Africans flew from Belgium to the US. So we should stop all flights from Belgium.
--------------
Are you really proposing that we stop those flights?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join