It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking---Medical Personnel Surround Inbound Flight at Logan Airport

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The airlines know whether or not they have been to Africa, most likely. If the plane was stopped because they had flu-like symptoms maybe a passenger said something stupid.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

If this keeps up the world will ban U.S. citizens. Because Obola did nothing to stop it from coming into our country!

Are you saying the rest of the world banned flights from Africa?
There are a lot of big business concerns, closing a country off is no little thing.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: IAMTAT

Actually if they are coming from Saudi Arabia, I doubt this would be a 'terror attack' but then again aren't the Saudi's helping in the fight against ISIL?

Weren't he supposed terrorist from 911 from Saudi?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Here we go...

The Password is "Travel Ban".

EAST BOSTON (WGGB) — Emergency personnel have surrounded an inbound flight at Boston’s Logan International Airport. WCVB-TV reports that the inbound plane – Emirates flight 237 from Dubai – landed at Logan a short time ago and was greeted by medical crews wearing HAZMAT suits. Massport tells WFXT-TV that five passengers on-board are exhibiting flu-like symptoms, but those people were not recently in West Africa.

This isn't that difficult. Where is that pen and phone when we need it.

They say they haven't been to Africa. Who knows ?

But they do all have fevers.

WGGB

There is more to the world of diseases than Ebola you know?

MERS is circling round the ME and in some ways could do a dam lot more damage.
edit on 13-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin
Maybe those passengers haven't been to West Africa, but perhaps the plane they're all on has. Planes are notoriously difficult to decontaminate.

I've had it with the CDC. Here's why:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the post.

You cant catch Ebola and become ill even on a 24 hour flight. Ebola takes at LEAST a couple of days before symptoms show.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
To people mentioning that you don't develop symptoms during the duration of the flight...

Maybe they already had symptoms, and that is why they were chosen to fly FROM THE MIDDLE EAST to the USA and spread the disease in the first place? Biological warfare at its most basic, yet most effective.
edit on 13-10-2014 by Millions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Millions

I believe crazy is correct MERS makes more sense considering where they were coming from.

One case of ebola in the states is one too many but I think people are starting to get a bit over paranoid, it's going to be a long flu season.

Maybe the online retailers are spreading the fear so people spend more money online instead of stores.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

this is truly gonna be a logistical nightmare with the flu season coming up....and it is good we take precautions but we are gonna hear the boy cry wolf too many times and become more complacent than we already are
It was planned that way. Come on and wake up. This ebola scare was planned to create panic. Ebola has to be one of the easiest viruses to contain yet they're not containing it? In this day of modern medicine?

Possibly but have you thought of the possibility that it is just a different kind of strand?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

this is truly gonna be a logistical nightmare with the flu season coming up....and it is good we take precautions but we are gonna hear the boy cry wolf too many times and become more complacent than we already are
It was planned that way. Come on and wake up. This ebola scare was planned to create panic. Ebola has to be one of the easiest viruses to contain yet they're not containing it? In this day of modern medicine?

Possibly but have you thought of the possibility that it is just a different kind of strand?
You mean strain? Have they tested it and determined that? I mean where's all the info? They already told us it's not an airborne virus.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I stand corrected. Perhaps these travelers were on a different plane days prior that carried the Ebola virus. Or perhaps these travelers contracted Ebola before they boarded the plane, oh, say maybe last week. Or perhaps these travelers are suffering from mass hysteria and there is nothing wrong wIth them at all. Who the heck knows? What I DO know is that if the affected West African countries had been deemed off limits to international travel, and properly quarantined, as exampled by Nigeria, whose on-top-of-it government successfully contained the virus after closing off their airports, etc, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. At this point, all bets are off, and no one can predict what happens next.
edit on bMonday00000013Mon, 13 Oct 2014 21:35:51 -0500pm93510 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

edit on bMondayu13Mon, 13 Oct 2014 21:38:32 -0500pm93810 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

edit on bMonday00000013Mon, 13 Oct 2014 21:40:04 -0500pm94010 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy

What is wrong with this picture? Is every person in an official capacity in this country insane?? Or just stupid?

The system is so bloated, corrupt and ineffective everyone thinks someone else is going to handle/fix it so they do nothing in order not to risk their jobs/paychecks/elections.

If these people had fever, they are symptomatic/actively sick - according to the CDC's own criteria. So, shouldn't everyone else on the plane be subject to quarantine, at least until the test comes back?

I mean WTF!? Contact tracing is tough enough without just saying "Hey, sure, get your bags an go, DERP!".

edit on 10/13/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It is ineptitude at the highest levels, people put into powerful positions that are unqualified.
I have been noticing it for years now and wondering how these people get these positions.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well if the government is so hard bend on getting the darn people into the country infected or "showing signs of infection" after coming from oversea, this is the right way to do things.

Keep the darn people isolated in plastic bags. sealed containers or else and away from the rest of the healthy population until they are tested.

I applaud what is been done

edit on 13-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Stopping planes from Africa won't do a thing, since most folks flying in are doing so via connecting flights. We can't force all countries to not accept flights from Africa. Best we can do is try to track passengers.. via their passports.. and stop their entry. And that would be a logistical nightmare I think.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I posted this very idea on another ebola thread . I totally agree that since they announced the apparent success of ZMAPP that America would be the desired destination of anyone with symptoms and the money and means to get there .Its not like they are going to tell the truth at any type of screening . Its a little surprising that people from West Africa are hard to track if they were to try and get in by travelling through a second or third country . One would have thought that could be easily done ,but i don't know enough about it to comment further . However if i lived there i would be more worried about it taking hold in Mexico. One would imagine the sick would just walk straight in .

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Thanks for posting this. I'll be watching with interest.
Screw geopolitical correctness!!! STOP flights from West Africa NOW!

This has nothing and I mean NOTHING to do with being politically correct dear readers. This is about power and money. TPTB are happy people are looking at this way instead of the real reasons.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Millions

I believe crazy is correct MERS makes more sense considering where they were coming from.

Yeah people forget the MERS issue.

Im only really knowledgeable in the field of bacteriology but most virologists I know are more worried on MERS than Ebola.

Ebola likely to kill at most a few hundred people in say the UK and US, it not likely to spread much further than travellers and medical staff and possibly there family's before they are isolated. MERS though could blow up into a pretty big pandemic. Places like UAE and Saudi Arabia have pretty good medical treatment and they still have circulating.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
This is all very scary stuff, we are almost 90% reliant on people telling the truth about their movements and meetings in West Africa, one guy has already died after lying about his family being infected and meeting them. Add to that the 23 day incubation period and its a ticking time bomb.

Lastly, as seen the guy that died was sharing a house with numerous other Africans so the community infection spread can be seriously high straight away.

And never mind that many from West Africa do not believe that Ebola is real as they did with HIV with their burial practices an almost guaranteed pass on of the disease.

Very scary stuff indeed......Sounds like too little and far too late..

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Only way to beat this is to find a cure fast.

There's no way to stop people traveling.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
To me personally. It's no surprise that many countries want to see the US crumble in the worst way. It would not surprise me if other countries would be extremely lax on who they let on a plane to come over here. Not entirely terrorist but on purpose if you will. I have thought this over in my head many times and it seems possible if not probable...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join