It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers Leak Chinese Government Files by the Tens of Thousands

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Well, well, well the shoe is on the other foot for the chinese hack attack's now, wonder how there state sponsored cyber criminal's will react to this.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Well, well, well the shoe is on the other foot for the chinese hack attack's now, wonder how there state sponsored cyber criminal's will react to this.

Whats the big deal, Ten bucks says we'll just find out about a bunch of stuff they stole from Russia, USA, The UK, EU etc etc etc.

I'll take it though and a # 4 to go.

Please.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I am getting on a bit and have a psychological allergy to mobile phones so can still not talk the abbreviation made on key pad's so don't really know what hash four mean's but I agree totally with the rest, still it would be nice if something about the almost now forgotten Tienanmen square riots was uncovered, you know most chinese know nothing about it and that was a key piece of there own history as well as the terrible massacre of pro democracy demonstrator's in Beijing that it culminated in, like any government regardless of weather they are communist or capitalist they are a group of crook's, you know chairman mao used to have coach loads of young virgins brought to him as it was believed it would be good for his yang and his health, he had syphalus and raped hundreds if not thousands of them under doctors orders, how could anyone carry HIS little red book around with them and for a chinese girl suicide is often preferrable to that and he of course starved millions of the very poorest (the people he was supposedly championing) during the cultural revolution when he ordered chinese culture and history to be obliterated (like Chin), strange form of communism even when compared to the evil of stalinist russia and how that left Lennins marxist inspired ideals in ruin's turning it into a military dictatorship.
edit on 13-10-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
How does this help the pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong exactly?

Anonymous you so spooky and cool...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
Who says anon like countless other seemingly civilian orgs are not just cia front?

How the heck do anon get away with being "anon" when the US military / NSA built the whole internet in the first place.

Bull# alarms are ringing.

. The National Security Agency has had agents in China, Germany, and South Korea working on programs that use “physical subversion” to infiltrate and compromise networks and devices, according to documents obtained by The Intercept.

The documents, leaked by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden, also indicate that the agency has used “under cover” operatives to gain access to sensitive data and systems in the global communications industry, and that these secret agents may have even dealt with American firms. The documents describe a range of clandestine field activities that are among the agency’s “core secrets” when it comes to computer network attacks, details of which are apparently shared with only a small number of officials outside the NSA

CORE SECRETS: NSA SABOTEURS IN CHINA AND GERMANY

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very wise to see this. I hope someone else pays attention. It's all orchestrated.
tetra

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kalunom

The feed back from secret document's may give leverage to western government's and india, in turn applying pressure to china who currently are throwing there weight around in the south china sea and have invaded area's claimed by other nation's that they previously never claimed until they started to develop a navy, this in turn will disrupt China's intelligence services restoring some balance after the fiasco with the intelligence service's of the west and may allow leaks to be plugged along with the financial power this will draw back to the other nation's making china more open to negotiation and less likely to abuse the HK demonstrator's though sadly less likely is not by much.

Anyway unlike many other groups who are a problem I would open up a city or even give an island to the citizens of hong kong if I could as they are a financial powerhouse and Britain with it's idiot governor missed out on doing exactly that, Japan could if they wanted and so could America though now it is under Chinese control it is probably far too late and of course it is also a matter of location, all they want is democracy and for China to stick to it's post British agreement which it has renaged upon.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Most guarded secrets? I don't think so.

Anything that would be considered a guarded secret will never be connected to the internet.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Anything that would be considered a guarded secret will never be connected to the internet.

Applause!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Most guarded secrets? I don't think so.

Think again.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Guys this info was in every single combat mission briefing I've ever flown and was part of a briefing classified as secret or top secret. The reason it's classified is simple. Its part of a classified briefing. The data itself isn't classified, but when you add anything to a briefing, it becomes classified to the level of the most classified piece of info in the briefing, like the coordinates of the air refueling tracks over Iraq and Afghanistan. There's plenty of normal stuff like weather briefs in a classified briefing that aren't classified by themselves, but classified when added.

Lunar or Solar phases considered secret on some Military Projects/Missions?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

I don't have to think again. I worked in the intel world and I know exactly what a guarded secret means and that it is not connected to the internet, for obvious reason as seen in the OP.

Yes, anything can be and will be considered classified for various reasons but guarded secrets are just that, guarded.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I am getting on a bit and have a psychological allergy to mobile phones so can still not talk the abbreviation made on key pad's so don't really know what hash four mean's but I agree totally with the rest, still it would be nice if something about the almost now forgotten Tienanmen square riots was uncovered, you know most chinese know nothing about it and that was a key piece of there own history as well as the terrible massacre of pro democracy demonstrator's in Beijing that it culminated in, like any government regardless of weather they are communist or capitalist they are a group of crook's, you know chairman mao used to have coach loads of young virgins brought to him as it was believed it would be good for his yang and his health, he had syphalus and raped hundreds if not thousands of them under doctors orders, how could anyone carry HIS little red book around with them and for a chinese girl suicide is often preferrable to that and he of course starved millions of the very poorest (the people he was supposedly championing) during the cultural revolution when he ordered chinese culture and history to be obliterated (like Chin), strange form of communism even when compared to the evil of stalinist russia and how that left Lennins marxist inspired ideals in ruin's turning it into a military dictatorship.

Message to foreign governments: You can encrypt anything just by never using punctuation and spelling things creatively.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I agree "some" but anything?
You're having an exaggeration.

I don't have to think again.
well im not saying you dont know what you're talking about, im saying youre exaggerating and playing semantics:

I worked in the intel world and I know exactly what a guarded secret means
Pretty much the same thing as a classified secret i would imagine.

and that it is not connected to the internet, for obvious reason as seen in the OP.
I dont believe you buddy.
More semantics:

Yes, anything can be and will be considered classified for various reasons but guarded secrets are just that, guarded.

edit on 13-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Really? Semantics? Exaggerations? And based off of what, your assumptions?

Fact is anything that is a guarded secret is not connected to the internet for all the obvious reasons.

Obvious reasons.

Did you know the US has their own classified internet(s)? Anything guarded is connected to that, not our unclass internet.

Not an exaggeration, not arguing semantics, it's a fact.

A guarded secret is not guarded if it's connected to the unclass internet. There is no denying this.

edit on 13-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Did you know the US has their own classified internet(s)? Anything guarded is connected to that, not our unclass internet.
If you're suggesting there isn't any bleed through, then i would be surprised if thats entirely true.

A guarded secret is not guarded if it's connected to the unclass internet. There is no denying this.

Intelligence / information may exist on both networks, there's no denying this either, because it both comes from the real world. When you say its "guarded" youre implying that it only exists in those guarded networks. I agree that guarded network do exist, but where guarded information is concerned, i dont agree that "anything" gaurded wont be in the "unclass" internet.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I am getting on a bit and have a psychological allergy to mobile phones so can still not talk the abbreviation made on key pad's so don't really know what hash four mean's...

Its a reference to the menu boards at fast food restaurants. Number 4... and Super-Size it!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I gotta admit, some of your post makes no sense and that your base for your argument, ie semantics.

I'm telling you from first hand experience that these networks are completely separate and do not bleed through. That's the whole point of classification, so it doesn't get in the wrong hands.

Guarded secrets are not connected to the internet so Anon can hack it. That is just a fact you keep calling semantics.

I'm done repeating myself so the best I can offer you is agree to completely disagree.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Guarded secrets are not connected to the internet so Anon cant hack it.

I take your point,
an email on a gaurded military network can never be intercepted by the wider world, unless it gets uploaded onto physical hardware and leaked into the wider world (as with Edward Snowden & Chelsea Manning(which was the point i was trying to make) in other words the truth is out there... but it cant be hacked, it can only be leaked.

The big problem with that however is no government is entirely stable. It never has been. Leaks are nothing new. The Manhatten project for example. Countless spies working on that project leaked data to foreign governments when it was supposed to be top secret. The spies leaking data from within the so called gaurded networks, may not be found out for decades, and there is no way of knowing where that data ends up once its compromised. So in theory, its possible that absolutely NOTHING is guarded behind those networks as potential copies exists on countless other networks and therefore its as good as unguarded so long as spies and leakers exist, which they always will... Im not saying that data can be hacked which you have implied i was trying to say... im saying this data can be leaked & therefore calling it gaurded is a misleading reference to the network (which cant be hacked but can be compromised via leaks), and not to the data itself which may now be anywhere including on these files (reference to the OP).

Another issue is that more and more intel is ungaurded (as you call it) in the realm of global comms. Espionage and counter espionage is a very very pressing concern for governments around the world. So to come on this thread and proclaim with a reference to military intel networks that "gaurded" data worth having is not on the internet is like saying the best music is live, which may be true, but we all know live music can be recorded, so your point is absolute garbage. Your point is absolutely moot.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Anonymous/hackers.

This screams of being NSA.

What better way for the NSA to hide the fact it was them then post it as a anonymous hack.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Espionage is nothing new but you make sound like it's as easy as 1-2-3. Infiltrating the military, intel agencies, and gov't itself gaining access to classified materials is not easy and probably rarely accomplished, these days.

Compartmented information and the need to know. If you don't need to know you don't have access, even if you are trying. Just because you have a clearance doesn't mean you have access to all things classified. Each compartment has its own encryption.

Yeah whistlebowers are great but this thread isn't about them, it's about hackers being able to get their hands on real guarded secrets, which they cannot. That's why you don't, nor will you, ever hear about Anon uncovering these guarded secrets. Best they can do is hack all the civilian contractors, like Stratfor. Even if they did somehow gain access to classified internets everything they encounter will be encrypted and they'll never crack the codes. They'll basically just hack into garble.

Bottom line, the gov't, intel agencies, military never have guarded secrets connected to the internet. It's literally illegal and comes with huge consequences. Why you continue to argue this point is beyond me.

My point isn't garbage, it isn't mute, your opinions on the matter are though.
edit on 13-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

While I agree with you in principle there really is no definite way to know until we look , but as was pointed out in the source this also isn't entirely military/police/state databases and emails. Some of this # is basic everyday websites for shopping or social networking...

If it helps I also have a pretty hefty list of names,email addys and password for Nasa..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join