It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Memorial idea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Just a thought. I think it would be nice to see an ATS memorial for valued members who have passed on. (Notice I didn't say died, though those would be included as well.)

There are members here who I greatly enjoyed over time and all of a sudden *Poof!*, they're gone for a year plus. Not banned, but no posts for a long time, but yet still an active account. I'll be honest. I worry about these members and wonder what happened. They may have just said, "the hell with it", and wandered away and in some cases other members who knew the individual let the rest of us know what happened.

My suggestion would be that after a two year time period of no activity, members could nominate some one missing to the Wall. And Admin would close the account. (If the member is still alive, they can always contact admin and have the account reactivated, right?) I have actually gave my sister my ATS account in my will in the case of my own death. I just think it would be nice to let people know that I am not ignoring them.

Just a list of names and maybe avatars, not a forum. MOD and Admin administered only. Kind of like a ATS cemetery.

What do y'all think?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Nice idea! I worry about people I haven't seen in a while myself.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Excellent Idea TDawg. You have my support.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I like your idea.

The only "hic" I see in the "cup" is how and by whom are those memorialized members chosen?

It's not too hard to do and I think it might spur some great further discussion on some of the topics those members made so popular back in their day...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I suggested the same thing two and a half years ago but it got nowhere.
ATS Memorial Hall
I still think it's a good idea.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Maybe by "Stars"? There are many members here who do not start that many threads, so not many Flags, but they do contribute greatly to the conversation of many threads.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I suggested the same thing two and a half years ago but it got nowhere.
ATS Memorial Hall
I still think it's a good idea.

Great minds think alike...though I would venture to say that my mind about average. Should have used the search feature, eh?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
On the other side of the coin, when my husband died I made a post that he had passed away to inform the members, but I don't know if the Admin closed his account. I even mentioned that they could close the account, but that wouldn't seem necessary because he obviously wouldn't be posting to it again.

Dead men tell no tales...

After his death I went off the grid for a few years. It took me time to recover from losing someone so important to me, and as my world started coming back together I would look in on ATS. There may have been 2 or 3 years during that time when my account here was totally inactive, but it was here and available to me when I wanted to do some reading, or just look at the changes going on. My account was open and available to me when I needed it, and I could log in without the need to jump through hoops to prove I was still alive or have it reactivated.

I definitely wouldn't have wanted to be put on a "WALL OF THE MISSING". It would have given some members more cause for concern than was warranted, and then they might have tried to contact me through other avenues at a time I was already overwhelmed with the things I needed to deal with.

I'm only shooting your idea down because of a personnel experience I've recently been through, others may think very differently. But please consider, many ATS members place a high value on their privacy, and there are many possible reasons people stop posting here.

Pointing them out as missing isn't a good thing because of the added attention it might bring when that's the last thing they may want.

anx..........

new topics

top topics

join