It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't Arabs care about Arabs?: Thousands 'will most likely be massacred' if Kobani falls to j

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
How can Saudi, Egypt, Iran, Syria, Turkey, Oman, Iraq etc...just sit by and let ISIS do this to other Arabs? Why must the West come in and save the day? I don't understand why Iraq's wont fight? They all just sheepishly get herded off to their death and none of them fight back? Yes I know this time it's the "Kurds" but it seems no Arabs are willing to save their brothers. Why is this? Are they just pacifists or is it ok to kill and murder in Arab society?

Where the heck are the Arab Boots on the ground?

(Reuters) - Thousands of people "will most likely be massacred" if Kobani falls to Islamic State fighters, a U.N. envoy said on Friday, as militants fought deeper into the besieged Syrian Kurdish town in full view of Turkish tanks that have done nothing to intervene.

Reuters

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
How can Saudi, Egypt, Iran, Syria, Turkey, Oman, Iraq etc...just sit by and let ISIS do this to other Arabs? Why must the West come in and save the day? I don't understand why Iraq's wont fight? They all just sheepishly get herded off to their death and none of them fight back? Yes I know this time it's the "Kurds" but it seems no Arabs are willing to save their brothers. Why is this? Are they just pacifists or is it ok to kill and murder in Arab society?

Where the heck are the Arab Boots on the ground?

(Reuters) - Thousands of people "will most likely be massacred" if Kobani falls to Islamic State fighters, a U.N. envoy said on Friday, as militants fought deeper into the besieged Syrian Kurdish town in full view of Turkish tanks that have done nothing to intervene.

Reuters

It doesn't make sense, does it?

Think about that...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's very similar to Vietnam in the sense that those with the will to fight are having their hands tied by TPTB.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The Kurds are not arabs guys. These arab countries do not think its their business to intervene in other country's matters. There is no military alliance amongst arabs so they are not under any legal obligation to intervene.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Why is it that so many want to look at this through the eyes of the west? Life has little value in the Middle East and well frankly that view serves them well. Otherwise you wouldn't have so many people willing to strap on a vest laden with explosives. Throw in religious schisms to spice up the mix and there you have why the Arab nations could care less about Arabs in another country. Not like they care so much about the ones in their own country.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is why...

They can't defend themselves.
edit on 10-10-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Why don't Arabs realize that they are human beings just like the rest of us, and care about other humans, not just their own "race"? They bleed red just like us. They eat, poop, sleep, and live on the same ball of dirt with the rest of us. Doesn't make sense does it?
edit on 10-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
That is one of the funniest things I've seen in a LONG time...
Thanks!
Not making fun... If anyone tried to teach me to dance, they'd give up sooner than the instructor in the video did.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Kurds, shiites, sunni.

All "arabs" do not consider themselves the same.

What this really comes down to is political tinkering, though. Turkey wont help the kurds unless the U.S. agrees to overthrow assad. The u.s. wont overthrow assad because that'll piss off russia. Russia wont directly get involved because it will piss off the U.S.

Its a penile measuring contest. All the while, innocent people die.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think I heard upwards of 12,000 will be raped/tortured and murdered. It's just so sick and sad.......all of it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Because they're puppet states.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
As the poster above says, the Kurds are not Arabs, and the Arab states would quite happily sit and watch the Kurds get massacred.

Just as everybody else is basically sitting and watching the Kurds get massacred.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

If you do a littler research on the history of the middle east and the outside influences that destroyed their tribal boundaries you will understand why the middle east of the today is the result of outsiders meddling.

In order to understand the middle east you need to understand tribal and ethnic conflicts in the area that has spanned for thousands of years.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Outside of the Turks who have spent the last few decades fighting Kurds, what could any other "Arab" state do? Life is not a video game.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Economic proxy war between Iran/Russian/Syrian(Assad) interest vs Saudi Arabia/Turkey/Quatar over oil/gas to Europe.

The Wahabbi on the bottom are nuts just like they are taught to be. In US nationality and "fighting for democracy" is a tool to get people to fight for the machine. In Saudi Arabia the Wahabbi schools is a way to manipulate the people to do the house of Saud:s bidding. The difference is that the Wahabbi can be harder to control once they are of their leash.

edit on 10-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Well they could work with Iraq government and send troops to help Iraq at least fight ISIS in Iraq.
They could do a lot. I don't get why they just can stand there and let this happen while living right next door regardless of your Race or country of origin.

I was in USAF Special Operations Forces for 20 years, much of it over there, so give me a break on the video game jab. Besides I play PC games not console.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
As the poster above says, the Kurds are not Arabs, and the Arab states would quite happily sit and watch the Kurds get massacred.

Just as everybody else is basically sitting and watching the Kurds get massacred.

Yes right now its the Kurds but ISIS has killed thousands of innocents from all races and religions. How do they just sit next door and watch?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Turkish tanks along the Syrian border

Yea, if only the Kurds could get some Tank support for instance.

But hey,, an armchair general from any Video Game out there would be thinking,,

"hey i know ill send in my tanks for support"

kinda a no brainer.

But carry on General.Who ever u are.
of the Coalition.
Turkey included.
A Nato country.
Well at least there not a U.N country.

Maybe there a sunni country supporting othe sunni's like ISIS.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: MrSpad

Well they could work with Iraq government and send troops to help Iraq at least fight ISIS in Iraq.
They could do a lot. I don't get why they just can stand there and let this happen while living right next door regardless of your Race or country of origin.

I was in USAF Special Operations Forces for 20 years, much of it over there, so give me a break on the video game jab. Besides I play PC games not console.

If you were over there than you know the Arabs states militaries are small, unmotivated and poorly trained. Iraq has a few hundred thousand soldiers like that already. And your taking about Kobani on the Syrian Turkish border, they could not even get there much less defend it. Manpower on the ground is not a problem against ISIS there more than enough of it. Training that manpower is the problem. So pretty much the Arabs states can send some aircraft. Any troops would be purely for PR purposes and make zero difference on the ground.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
Turkish tanks along the Syrian border

Yea, if only the Kurds could get some Tank support for instance.

But hey,, an armchair general from any Video Game out there would be thinking,,

"hey i know ill send in my tanks for support"

kinda a no brainer.

But carry on General.Who ever u are.
of the Coalition.
Turkey included.
A Nato country.
Well at least there not a U.N country.

Maybe there a sunni country supporting othe sunni's like ISIS.

The Turks have been fighting the Kurds for decades. They are not going to defend them. The only way the Turks will roll is if the US would agree to also take out Assad. That has the support of the Turks and the Arab states and if the US would agree to after Assad along with ISIS Turkey would very likey send forces into Syria. The US and Europe however have been trying to avoid getting involved in Syria at all and are not likely to go any further that they have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join