It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurds: Air strikes push Islamic State back from Kobani

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think they (Turkey) had contemplated using a false flag to get involved awhile back so they may be advocating it but what would be the political blow back if they did it overtly ? I don't know .I would think that if the powers that be would stop helping ISIS ,I think Syria could take care of their own territory . Iraq with the help of Iran could have also helped there as well .Hey I am not a war strategist and I have no idea what political loyalties and strategic measures they may deem necessary . It's a multi polar world after-all . a reply to: SLAYER69

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I never said that, but Syria is barely a state at all right now and Assad is already overthrown. He will never be able to show his face in public again without it being blown off his shoulders.

Nobody should give a damn about what Assad wants - or even thinks he wants - because he was a major player in starting half of this mess

The man doesn't even have a country to rule anymore. Enough of this bandying about.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The issue here are the Kurds and their fight for survival.

Syria has a right to it's sovereignty no matter who's running whats left of the place. Arming the Kurds *who are willing to fight* to the teeth, take in the refuges and provide air-support, Food, Ammo, maybe even Logistic support but a full on military incursion into Syrian Territory would be seen and condemned as outright NATO aggression and would go over like a loud fart in a crowded elevator.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I seen a vid the other day where the women are getting involved in the fight .One of the Achilles heels of the ISIS jehadist is that if a women kills them then there is no heaven and no 70 virgins .Could be a very good stragity in the coming months . The girls in the vids were almost taunting them to try and make their day lol a reply to: SLAYER69

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Yes, of course a country has a right to it's sovereignty. The thing is, none of us knows who to support in the fight because they're all the devil.

If any of us thinks we know, it's the acceptance of an unacceptable agenda. Syria destroyed itself.

It's a terrible humanitarian crisis - but not everyone can be saved. Not everything can be fixed.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Is there a flaw in this logic? Turkey wants into the EU. Has since forever. Turkey has an extremely powerful military. Irradiate ISIS and you're in the EU. They're already in NATO. Win/win imo.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over."

-William Tecumseh Sherman

War is war is war is war.

I don't even remember what peace is like.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Arming the Kurds properly is and has been apparently going over like a stinky fart in an elevator.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Arming the Kurds properly is and has been apparently going over like a stinky fart in an elevator.

Question

Do you support arming the kurds so they could defend themselves and their families in Iraq/Syria etc
edit on 9-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
There was talk awhile back that Turkey was thinking about a false flag to go into Syria after Assad .Why do they want Assad gone ? And if they do then why would they want to kill ISIS that wants to get rid of Syria ? There is much more here then what meets the eyes but if you put your imagination to work the official stories make no sense and what you are left with is that Turkey and the other ME forces are using and helping ISIS . But why ? a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I have to ask: Where the "hell" are those bullets/ weapon shells coming from? This is not a game with "infinite ammo". They do not have factories to produce ammo for "complicated", diverse or/and advanced weaponry!!

Someone has to be "feeding" those ISIS fanatics. But whom? If "supposedly" everybody Hate them!!

They are fighting these War for months. At the time US and his allies have the Intel to know from here those "infinite" shell are coming from. Or is that so "hard" to discover and publish?
edit on 9/10/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: the2ofusr1
I suspect its more to do with a pipeline that cuts Russia out for some reason. I keep reading about odd bits of why Assad isn't wanted but the guy had kept the warring factions apart and living peacefully before all this started.

Take a look to «The (failed) project» of the "ISLAMIC Pipeline" vs the ARABIC Pipeline (from US allies):

RED: Islamic Pipeline / GREEN:Arabic Pipeline
Iran, Iraq, Syria sign major gas pipeline deal
You can read more about this here

There is also this video to put some perspective one this major strategic "alliances" / interests.

Why Syria? An Examination of the Iran-Iraq-Syria Pipeline.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Question

Do you support arming the kurds so they could defend themselves and their families in Iraq/Syria etc

Yes. The problem seems to be that right now they are just so much fodder. There are problems apparently with arming them well enough to be offensive as this is a concern for other players in the area. The US sure as heck isnt going to be able to kiss Turk azz and arm the Kurds at the same time.....just for starters.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Everyone should read this news archive. Somethings start to make sense. Remember, this leaked news,was published in 29 January 2013

just some words:
QATAR

We’ve got a new offer. It’s about Syria again. Qataris propose an attractive deal

We’ll have to deliver a CW to Homs, a Soviet origin g-shell from Libya similar to those that Assad should have.

They want us to deploy our Ukrainian personnel that should speak Russian (..)

The emails were released by a Malaysian hacker

at the time:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said his biggest concern was how the U.S. and allies would secure the chemical and biological weapons sites scattered across Syria and ensure the components don't end up in the wrong hands if the regime falls, particularly under violent conditions.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Some of the weapons and armament was taken in Libya when with the help of NATO and the CIA covert operations smuggling arms operation happened .I guess the Ambassador uncovered it and well ,"what does it matter now" But that was the first of the line of fighters that went to Syria ,after they released their comrades from the prisons that held them . Aside from some of the food they probably stole as they wrecked destruction on their path to where they are now .

I watched a ISIS recruiting recently where they showed them baking bread to give to the kids they are training and telling them just how much they love them .Almost heart warming...NOT a reply to: voyger2

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Another thing about these air strikes......as any good tactician knows 101, you maximize air superiority, in these cases, when the ISIS is moving its men and equipment in the open while moving from one town to the next.

Close air support of troops on the line is another sort of air support. Surgical strikes are another sort of air support.

That these guys can move men and equipment to the next town without the threat of being destroyed, by air, does not amount to any real air support.

Whats going on there now, whats being called air support, is more like trying to cover the ground game with a deep safety. It as Ron White might say.....trying to use a fire alarm as an oven timer.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Some of the weapons and armament was taken in Libya when with the help of NATO and the CIA covert operations smuggling arms operation happened . a reply to: voyger2

I can agree with that. But if that is True:
Where did they stored it? There should have been a large convoy to remove/transfer the arsenal. How is it that nobody know or as seen that "transfer/movement" occurring? These kind of information off storage facility's from an enemy in a sovereign territory, should spread fast.. So why nobody saw anything: storage facilities/convoys ...

For the time they are fighting (for more than one year.. i believe) the ammo should have finished.

But yet, it wont! "Someone/s" haves to be feeding this fanatics. That shouldn't be difficult to spot for US Air force / or others with eyes on the ground... After all, almost of the territory is a desert .. should be easy to spot "periodic" movement from satellite view.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

ISIS captured just a butt load of goods from the Iraqi army. One expert has said enough weapons and ammo for three divisions and that includes american, russian, chines and some other captured equipment. Small arms and ammo out the azz to be sure. RPGs, machine guns, AKs and plenty of bullets.

Every time they overrun a Syrian army position they have gotten even more.

Folks also need to understand that the ISIS fighter is a hard core and dedicated sort of troop. Their morale is very high due to victories and the influx of supporters coming in from abroad.

We will see what they are worth when they take on the Mahdi Army which may be soon.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There is good reason to believe that the CIA has access to Air Cargo transport weather Military or Commercial .The Brits were caught transporting Taliban fighters in the Afghanistan war and all that Opium that is coming out is thought to use NATO into Turkey . When you see the depth of corruption ,you cant rule out who might be providing the logistics and who might be told to just look the other way . a reply to: voyger2

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Something else to think about......

In order to conduct air strikes for close support of combat troops you need to have a forward air team on the ground to direct fire. That would include direct communication with the air craft.

Who is going this? Are special forces american of some sort on the ground with the Kurds?

Notice how these little details are kept out of the news?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

ISIS captured just a butt load of goods from the Iraqi army.

Since you touch the issue, another point that raise a flag for me, it was how fast Iraq military flee and lost their equipment:

The speed with which the security forces lost control of one of Iraq’s biggest cities was striking, and it was a major humiliation for the government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki

Fighters with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), an al-Qaeda offshoot, overran the western bank of the city overnight after U.S.-trained Iraqi soldiers and police officers abandoned their posts, in some instances discarding their uniforms as they sought to escape the advance of the militants.

Insurgents seize Iraqi city of Mosul as security forces flee

Al-Qaeda force captures Fallujah amid rise in violence in Iraq

there was a "report" :

the government says it is incapable of stemming the flow of hardened militants, who are often better equipped than Iraqi forces, across the border from Syria.

Look to the map above, i don't believe they are coming from Syria's border, but, from Saudi Arabia on of the major players against the construction of Islamic Pipeline vs Arabic pipeline..

Edit:
Turkey is also against the Islamic Pipeline because it bypasses Turkey's proposed Nabucco Gas Pipeline to Austria.
and not to forget:
Qatar and Saudi Arabia have a lot of business with Western oil companies like Exxon-Mobile, Shell, etc.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join