It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tyra banks empowering females with makeup

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma
That's nice. Hey maybe you should write a book about it. Hey! I got an idea on the tittle. How about! Alice in wonderland? Or was that already taken? I am not sure but you will have to look that up. But either way, sounds like groovy stuff.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I may be a lot off topic with this post, boats and all.

Nah! It seems to be exactly on topic to me. After all its what it seems this whole thing is about...Keeping boats afloat and peoples made-up worlds from conflicting with each other. In other words, whatever floats there boat.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

See, for me, beauty IS power. It is feminine power. Masculine power has a different form, but in both cases, it is power that people are attracted to. Think of the power of fire and the power of water. Water has a long term type of effect- the Grand Canyon was carved out of rock by water! Fire has short term effect, it's influence is quickly observed and evident. Water seeks balance.... always seeking an equal level, a merging oneness. Fire seeks a contrast, between light and darkness- the flame and the black carbonized materials it has touched. The beauty of the changing colors in the ocean, or the reflective quality of bodies of water, may seem diffused and gentle, but their movements can still have a profound effect upon land, and life forms. Tides and tidal waves can be formidable forces. They are still necessary for life to exist and survive. If you look at emotions like aggressivity, and explosive force, they have a power that is like fire. (masculine) Emotions like love, grace, forgiveness, they have a power like water. (feminine) It is a mistake to under estimate the less obvious, yet just as strong, power of water- don't forget, water can put out a fire too.

Funny that you should think and equate femininity with water. I mean sure the grand canyon was carved out by water over millions of years, but you overlook that big ball of fire in the sky, which will turn this whole planet into dust eventually, in fact its so hot that it will melt wood and forests.

But ya! Enough with the funny talk. Have you ever pondered that maybe you give yourself and this whole femininity thing more credit then it deserves. I mean come on, lets get serious here, the majority of females are not even good at half the things you seem to attribute to them, in fact some do suck at it big time. But I suppose that would just be a matter of practice.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Whatever.

Yeah. There are some idiotic women out there, and there are idiotic men as well.
That doesn't mean there is an equal power force in both masculinity and femininity that can be tapped and realized by the non-idiots.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I was defending women who have difficulty perceiving their inner power without some sort of physical/material aid.
I don't need to be one of them to understand and defend them.

I have already answered all these questions indepth.

There is power in subtility, in love, in compassion, in grace, in balance, in equality, in understanding, in empathy, in integration.
Those are the feminine force that can be just as persuasive and influencial in the world as all the conflict, opposition, hostility and aggressivity.

If it weren't so.... we would so many men be afraid of it ?
edit on 18-11-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Ya well I like your other approach better then the whole red blue fire water thing. I dont know somehow it seems a whole lot more real and more the real you and what you really believe, and that other stuff just tacked on things.

But like you said, whatever.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I was defending women who have difficulty perceiving their inner power without some sort of physical/material aid. I don't need to be one of them to understand and defend them. I have already answered all these questions indepth.

What? No you haven't. All you keep saying is that makeup makes you feel more powerful. Of all that you said it just seems like jumping around to from topic to topic to avoid any real topic. When I ask how is makeup making you fell more powerful? You just keep saying the same things over and over and that in now way has to do with guys. I mean face it, your just making stuff up because you did not have a real answer.

There is power in subtility, in love, in compassion, in grace, in balance, in equality, in understanding, in empathy, in integration. Those are the feminine force that can be just as persuasive and influencial in the world as all the conflict, opposition, hostility and aggressivity. If it weren't so.... we would so many men be afraid of it ?

Yes. But you make one mistake there, you assume all those traits and things are feminine by nature and attributed to females only. And then you go on to say that all conflict, opposition, hostility, and aggressivity is what? I suppose those would be not feminine traits right?

Ya! I mean I will try to not insult you as much, who know maybe it will make you go away faster. But I call shenanigans on all that, its just like some bad caricatured story you got in your head. I have yet to see any prof of this magical traited femininity you seem to claim that you and all females posses.

In fact looking at it from a logical perspective all and any of these can be attributed to a sort of displaced dysmorphia of personifications based purely on biological outlooks on the gender and social aspect and prospect of one gender compared to the other, which again is based purely on social expectations and outlooks even on trends. Its basically a house of cards, and nothing concrete. Believing may make it so, or it may not, depending on the circumstances me thinks.
edit on 10pmTuesdaypm182014f2pmTue, 18 Nov 2014 22:14:35 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
All you keep saying is that makeup makes you feel more powerful.
When I ask how is makeup making you fell more powerful? You just keep saying the same things over and over and that in now way has to do with guys. I mean face it, your just making stuff up because you did not have a real answer.

I won't waste time, here's copy and paste of my earlier responses to you in this thread:

She may be quite aware that there is so much more importance to a person than appearance- but those who feel jealous and low in her presence start from there, as if it is of vital importance. It seems to be a key to all other successes, and they will create their reality- if they feel unattractive, then their confidence and courage in other endeavors is weak.

Try to find ways to help those women gain some confidence in their appearance, so that they can move beyond it and into other explorations of their capabilities.

with the intent to look into the mirror and see beauty, to feel an exterior manifestation of her internal beauty? To feel that the balanced, loving, colorful, open, luminous, sensual, joyful emotions within her are exteriorized, for her own experience? To be able to move within a vehicle that is letting all those positive emotions come to life

Sometimes make up aids a women to let go of all those internal positive feelings, and those enable her to feel more powerful.... power is the sensation of your inner qualities and emotions flowing freely from the source within, and outwards through your body. Once you get that flowing, then you might not need makeup so much anymore.

The woman who suddenly feels more beautiful will have a different way of behaving then, and make different choices.

The subject is not me in particular. I repeat my view on the subject each time you claim I said something other than what I said. That is bound to sound repetative, of course.

I have yet to see any prof of this magical traited femininity you seem to claim that you and all females posses.

ALL people possess these qualities as potential inside. Males and females. We each have both yin and yang, masculine and feminine qualities within us. Depending upon our nurture (experiences, education, culture..) we focus on manifesting certain ones and suppressing others. YOU possess these qualities too, whether you choose to exteriorize and be them in action or not. We're talking about females that desire to pull especially upon those qualities and bring them to life through their body, and actions.

Males who wish to experience those qualities of theirs often get that opportunity through their interactions with others in which they make effort to be gentle, compassionate, flexible, loving.... one of the reasons many men prefer to keep it traditional to treat women in such ways- it allows them a chance to experience being that.

edit on 18-11-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76
Is it the monarch programing, or is it simply the princess syndrome, does anybody even know anymore? Ah people and there unconscious habits, but ya dude...All praise to Amon Ra, or was it Amin rah, or Ramin, or maybe could have been Top Ramen...ah no! Top Ramen is not a god...I do believe that's a delectable noodle package...Yum yum.

But ya bro! The all seeing eye and all that jive. I suppose females being more prone to that stuff just got majorly worked over. But hey all fads fade with time, it just depends on how far and how long you counting the passage of time. Not that time passes, but you know what I am saying.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Is it the monarch programing, or is it simply the princess syndrome, does anybody even know anymore? Ah people and there unconscious habits

if you bothered to build on **the foundation** you'd probably make some progress with all that
but you can't ever seem to make a simple decision if something is "good" or "not"..
..and just proceed from there, like the rest of us simpletons do

or you can just spend all your time cockblocking topics on the internet

(that supposedly don't even mean anything in the first place, hurp)
some folks seem to be fulfilled with that kinda stuff..
..and disrespecting women
/shrugs

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So your picture above that you posted says what? Or are we supposed to mind read what your trying to say? Or is it supposed to represent something? You know for somebody who goes on about making sense to me, well you yourself do very little of it.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

anyone else reading this (and the other topics you & i meet in) would know why i say those things to you & why i added those little 'eye of ra' comparisons into the pics, if they didn't... they might ask a question or just make a drive-by post & it'd all be left at that...

..and then there's you, maude

thanks for the bump
edit on 1-12-2014 by UNIT76 because: typo: of/or

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

So the eye of Ra actually means something to you? ....Interesting, but not really, you do realize its just a pictorial, people and especially people of those times would have worshiped anything, if you look back then pretty much you could have gotten people to worship and give meaning to a piece of camel dudu on a stick, set to the backround of a burning bush....And today? Well things are pretty much the same only there is more paperwork involved.

So ya! What you say is only valid to those who give validation to such. I however do not, in fact its hard not to find it silly.

..and then there's you, maude thanks for the bump

I am not familiar with that terminology, I am pretty sure I know what a maude is, but then again not really. I looked online to what it means. But I gave up when I realized that it would take more then one minute to find out what it means. It's another unimportant thing most likely.

Oh! And your welcome on the bump of your thread, however I would not dwell on it. I have seen and yes quite literally tens of thousands of better topics fade into the ether of time. Generaly the stupider something is, the longer it lasts, I mean just look at all of history. So who knows I am quite sure there will be a resurgence of whatever it is your talking about in your thread again at some point in time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join