It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tyra banks empowering females with makeup

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

"Dissing people" is not a thing I wish to become good at, it is something which sabotages my own intents and choices. I try not to do it. It is not productive in communication.

And yet you do it still.

How do you fit in the ever-complained about attraction to "bad boys" into this hypothesis ? Why so many women go for the guys who are the rebels of society, instead of the nice guys? The "bad boy" has no social status... and yet women go nuts for them.

All that you said is an oxymoron it does not exist. Females dont like the bad boys, its a fetish they like the bad boys as long as there not really bad, ie its play pretend. And women dont like nice guys either not because of anything else but the fact that there not good at play pretending bring a thrill or two. Its a game you see, and that is all.

My opinion is that it is the draw of a strong personal power. I came to this conclusion through honest introspection and deep discussion with other female friends over the last 30 years.

Ya its a fetish, each and every woman must first convince herself first. Like I said its a game, it goes in circles, like watching Oprah, the majority of guys are just tag along and do whatever. Strong personal power is just a word that means nothing, in any given circumstance all that stuff will fly out the window in a second if the circumstances agreed upon are not meet. Like I said its the unspoken rules of engagement.

So.... that would explain comments like "The modern female and society is pretty much indistinguishable in both thought and habit." which at first glance, seems non-sensical- but if you are forming your idea of the feminine psyche through looking around you at the outward appearences of society, you will gain an idea that that society puts forth, through media and propaganda.

Like I told you our society and the ones of the past every single one of them have had a big influence from the feminine side. Today and even back in Babylon we have lived under a subverted matriarchy under the disguise of a patriarchy. Its kind of how like were supposed to be a democracy or a republic but were really more of a fascist oligarchy corporatocracy.

-That women and men are mindless slaves to their sex drives and desire to have money and buy things.

Well ya, a lot of them are. After all must keep things going, a consumer society after all and all that jive.

It might be interesting for you to do some in depth exploration- get to know women deeper, so that they share with you what their feelings and motivations are. A long term relationship can be an opportunity to communicate on a deeper level and find out what is underneath that image capitalist society is broadcasting.

Oh I know what is underneath that image of capitalist society, I even know why and how it was created, and even its ultimate goal. As for the rest, I shall keep it in mind, sounds interesting I suppose.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
OMG more writing.

Even in the animal kingdom, having a numerous group of females is a sign of power for a male in a social animal.

Yes it is I suppose. Besides even in the human animal kingdom plenty of females dig that sort of stuff.

This urge goes way deep beyond corporations.

Nah! Not really, its just another thing tacked on.

Do you really get a lot of exchange going with people who share their deepest thoughts with you? Or do they "go away" ?

I have plenty of deep and meaningful exchanges with some, but really between talking to you or talking to myself or a post well there is no comparison the post and myself would win hand down. Not to say your not interesting, I mean I dont mean to insult you but, I really dont think anything you said is new or something I have not heard before many many times.

Okay, to help you out, it seems you have never had a long term relationship with a woman. If you know any men that are married, ask them if they do not find their wives putting on pretty things, or make up, and admiring themselves in the mirror, with no one around.

lol its a non issue.

Most of my married friends only come around when something is up, last time was some years ago. He wanted to hit the downtown night life, I personally dont go as its boring and to many glaring lights its way to bright. But ya we ended up just drinking form bar to bar, and him hitting on chicks, then he would take out his wallet and look at a picture of his kid make some hurm noise and move on, even almost starting a fight with some dude but eventually it wanes off. In the morning I am sure whatever was wrong they got over it.

The whole make up and dress up mirror thing, its like I said a non issue.

This is common for many women to do. They have drives and desires which are not sexual in nature, (just as men do). They have a self consciousness as well, that is not totally dependent upon sexual attention from others.

OK.

Why enter debate upon relationships between men and women, if you not only have little to no experience of them, but have no desire or intent to ever take part in them?

"The eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the crow...William Blake" Read up on it, you may learn something.

I don't know what kinds of video games you play, but I certainly would not pretend to know all about them! I would undoubtedly make a fool of myself, and it would serve me no purpose.

Well ya your videogame knowledge is even more lacking then your relationship knowledge. But I suppose I should not tease you on that, I am sure in your own way and for plenty of guys you would be quite knowledgeable. However what has any of that got to do with me? Not much I would say.

All I can say is I disagree. I have direct experience of otherwise, having been a woman attracted to men who had no car or money.

You keep saying that? What does that # even mean?

Plenty of guys in fact almost all dont generally just have cars and money one day. In fact most of the dudes I know did not, and those that did came from more wealthy families. And there have been plenty of females who went across the ocean for guys in worse circumstances then you or your husband, in fact it happens all the time. And sometimes it works, and sometimes not. In fact the majority of females sort of have a thing from going to France and falling in love and doing that whole thing, not that many can afford the trip but some do and have done that. In fact for the past years even way back when you were in you teens and seeing as all the jobs are outsourced to countries like France and other places, its a better and much easier option to most females then staying home and trying to start a life from there.

In fact I have a few female relatives who did the exact same thing as you, and some went to Italy or Greece, they like the lifestyle there, but in all. Its whatever, and besides I am quite sure if your then car-less or money-less husband did not have prospects the thought would have never even entered your mind.

Then, as now, you refused to acknowledge that I refered to "POWER".. Powerful men! It seems you are unable to separate "power" and "material wealth".

OMG you really dont read do you? I can separate anything from anything, in fact I would be quite happy living by myself on a mountain with no human contact whatsoever. Not everybody can do it, but I can, to me that # means nothing. So really its you and yes a majority of females who cant separate power and material wealth, in fact its the driving force of our consumer society. But that's cool I get it, its what you are after all, and its one reason this society was created. If that were not the case things would be drastically different.

So ya hopefully you may get it now.

How can you grasp what a powerful will is? What personal power is?

Its something somebody like you can never understand.

A powerful man has a self discipline over his mind so that he can focus on his goals (whatever they may be) and not trip himself up with misdirected actions or words. It is... integrity.

The world is big, way bigger then you can grasp or even imagine. And plenty of things are going on at all times...The most of which you will never understand or see...Yet in time they will effect you, and even then you will be oblivious to how or why, but i would not worry about it, you only got a few more years left and will be dust and gone and even your kids kids as well by the time the party really gets started.

But ya nice speech, sounds like something I would hear on the TV in a commercial about buying suits from the mens warehouse store.

Watch the focus of a lion, or an eagle, when preparing to attack. Their eyes do not waver elsewhere; their attention does not fly from their intent; they do not waste energy looking at what other animals around are doing, or whether they look good, etc. They have one thing in mind and they direct all their energy into that intent.

Yes and that's why they will likely be going extinct in the next thousand years or so. Poor little animals did not even learn to speak a language yet, or even how to fire a gun or walk on the moon. Like the dinosaurs, so intent were they about there daily lives and so much energy they put into it, that they even did not notice that meteor the size of a small nation hurling toward them.

Tunnel vision not withstanding, life is so much simpler and easier when you dont have to look around you.

They channel and control their energy and attention. That is self mastery, that is power.

OK, what can I say. Your blind to the world around you, and you just may be the smarter one, which is just saying a lot about the rest. But in all from what I see, your just somebody who has been indulged to much. Like a fat kid who gets to much chocolate cake.

The guy may be intending to simply ride 6 miles on his bike, but if he does it without sidetracking himself, without stopping to yell some insults at someone along the way, or admire the scenery, he has power. If he can undertake a project without sabotaging his own goal through distracting and irrelevant actions, he has POWER.

lol its something everybody does.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Listen I have wasted enough time with you. There really is absolutely nothing I can learn from you.

So stop following me around on this site hoping to catch me in one of these conversations in your wayward ways. If you have some questions, or want to know something, well then ask. I really have little patience with you people, its like a merry go round full of nothing. But if you want to play psychiatrist I can do that, I have met even more people who have even bigger non issues then you do, though your up there on the non issues part.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
And yet you do it still.

I also fart sometimes in public. I am a human. That does not mean I work on doing it as loud and smelly as possible. I make efforts not to do it.

Its a game you see, and that is all.

Oh I guess you could say life is all a game. That doesn't mean much. You play games on a screen- why? Probably for many reasons- including getting some thrills and fun from them! From a sense of accomplishment when you are playing them well, and power when you master them. The game of developing personal power (self mastership, mastering your own body and emotions) is the same type of thing- except it involves the real world and real relationships with real people.

Strong personal power is just a word that means nothing, in any given circumstance all that stuff will fly out the window in a second if the circumstances agreed upon are not meet. Like I said its the unspoken rules of engagement.

I disagree. I and most women I know are really turned off by a guy who can't say "no" to us when they want to. It is the biggest turn off. That's when you hear the more demure ones say, "He was just too nice", and the more brash would say, "He just had no balls". Women will sometimes challenge and provoke a man to try to get him to lay down the line, mounting in drama until he will do so.

Like I told you our society and the ones of the past every single one of them have had a big influence from the feminine side.

We're getting to things we can agree upon! No matter what, as individuals, or as a society, we always have a masculine and feminine side to us, repress one in favor of the other consciously, the other will just be a subconscious (and usually bitter, subversive, perverted) hidden influence. The taboo effect. This is why I tend to think it is better to value both, and consciously acknowledge their qualities, rather than try to reject them. They will play a part regardless.

I simply objected to your opinion that the female influence is dominant in our society. It is influencial and active though!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

OMG more writing.

Eh, you might want to take a look at the posts here, and see who has written the most between us....

The whole make up and dress up mirror thing, its like I said a non issue.

It is really the base of this topic. I can understand if it is not an issue for you. But then why dive into discussion on it then?

Well ya your videogame knowledge is even more lacking then your relationship knowledge. But I suppose I should not tease you on that, I am sure in your own way and for plenty of guys you would be quite knowledgeable. However what has any of that got to do with me? Not much I would say.

Are you looking in my posts to find out about yourself...???? I was not aware that was what you were looking for!

I have direct experience of otherwise, having been a woman attracted to men who had no car or money.

You keep saying that? What does that # even mean?
Plenty of guys in fact almost all dont generally just have cars and money one day. In fact most of the dudes I know did not, and those that did came from more wealthy families. And there have been plenty of females who went across the ocean for guys in worse circumstances then you or your husband, in fact it happens all the time. And sometimes it works, and sometimes not. In fact the majority of females sort of have a thing from going to France and falling in love and doing that whole thing, not that many can afford the trip but some do and have done that. In fact for the past years even way back when you were in you teens and seeing as all the jobs are outsourced to countries like France and other places, its a better and much easier option to most females then staying home and trying to start a life from there.

In fact I have a few female relatives who did the exact same thing as you, and some went to Italy or Greece, they like the lifestyle there, but in all. Its whatever, and besides I am quite sure if your then car-less or money-less husband did not have prospects the thought would have never even entered your mind.

There are some wierd opinions in there... like jobs being outsourced to France? That is the last thing that could happen- it is way too expensive! Employees are way too protected by the law, companies way too taxed. I won't bother going through every false assertion in that paragraph.... to stay focused, what that "#" was saying is that money is not the only thing that attracts females- which you claimed earlier.
Here you pointed out novelty and adventure as one of the possible influences- agreed. My husband had no prospects. He had completely thrown out his life to set off on adventure, with no security ropes. I found that pretty ballsy. Couragious, and confident. These qualites are much more attractive than a friggin' car !

I can separate anything from anything, in fact I would be quite happy living by myself on a mountain with no human contact whatsoever. Not everybody can do it, but I can, to me that # means nothing. So really its you and yes a majority of females who cant separate power and material wealth, in fact its the driving force of our consumer society.

Eh, the comment was on your comprehension of the references being used in conversation- when I say "power" you repeatedly respond as if I am speaking of "wealth"- that is not what I am speaking of.
If you do that with all women (subvert their meanings) then yes, i guess you are only going to see in them what you want to see. Not what really is.

About personal power-

Its something somebody like you can never understand.

Yet I can explicitely describe it, can you? I would be interested to hear what your perception of it is.

The world is big, way bigger then you can grasp or even imagine. And plenty of things are going on at all times...The most of which you will never understand or see...

Uh, okay, thanks for the heads up. It already seems pretty big to me. But then a twelve hour flight with three toddlers can make it seem even bigger..
So... you have travelled much? Seen many cultures and places? You sound very wise and experienced....is that true?

If he can undertake a project without sabotaging his own goal through distracting and irrelevant actions, he has POWER.

lol its something everybody does.

Oh no- it is rather rare! Many people have trouble keeping focus on their goals and not being sidetracked by their own inner impulses and desires. Just keeping their mind focused on a topic is quite difficult for many people.
edit on 31-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Listen I have wasted enough time with you. There really is absolutely nothing I can learn from you.

So stop following me around on this site hoping to catch me in one of these conversations in your wayward ways. If you have some questions, or want to know something, well then ask.

Uh, you know what? I am sitting here wondering if I should be so cruel as to point this out... like I said, I am not really into trying to humiliate or insult others. I do not take pleasure in it. But this feels like when a friend has a booger hanging out of their nose and nobody dares to tell them? What is more caring? To let them walk around like that, or to let them know so they can deal with it?

I have not seen anything by you anywhere else on this site....you reminded me of a conversation we had long ago, and then I had memories of it. But I don't think I have seen you on any other thread since- we must not go to the same sorts of topics often. But I surely haven't "followed you around".... and your accusation that I have gone trying to do so is kind of like dropping your pants in public. I just realized why you bragged about how much you have read about me from the many other threads I have written in or started - you have been following me!

Honestly? I wouldn't have made the connection and figured that out if you hadn't spouted this nonsense. You have exposed yourself.

Well, I guess I should be flattered. Though it is a bit creepy.
edit on 31-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
OMG your still here? Why wont you go away?

But fine if you want to word banter I can do that. I shall commence in 1..2...3...here it goes word banter engage.

I also fart sometimes in public. I am a human. That does not mean I work on doing it as loud and smelly as possible. I make efforts not to do it.

Sorry what your saying is that you do poop and your poop doth stink? Listen fake frenchi, how do I put this delicately to not insult your sensibilities...I have had heard the french are rude people, I suppose it must be true because even the fake french seem to be quite rude...Now why dont you go suck on a snail or something.

Is that loud enough for ya?

The game of developing personal power (self mastership, mastering your own body and emotions) is the same type of thing- except it involves the real world and real relationships with real people.

Ya! Ya! whatever. Listen if you have not noticed I was trying to insult you so you would go away. Seems that did not work, I suppose I should have done the more simpering thing maybe that would have made you go away faster, no doubt with this whole mastering and power fetish thing you got...Ah well mistakes do happen, so maybe next time.

I disagree. I and most women I know are really turned off by a guy who can't say "no" to us when they want to. It is the biggest turn off. That's when you hear the more demure ones say, "He was just too nice", and the more brash would say, "He just had no balls". Women will sometimes challenge and provoke a man to try to get him to lay down the line, mounting in drama until he will do so.

OH my god. You watch to much Oprah. Listen I dont care, I dont think any guy cares, and those that do well women are already married to them, and even then they probably only did it to get them to shut up about the stupid Oprah drama psychology thing. Why is it that you think I should care what you want or you gal friends want guys to act like? Whatever the case I am quite sure there is a whole bunch of men out there who would be exactly and say exactly what you and your bored friends would want to hear. Its called a club, or the local pub, or even church, or pretty much any other places females meet guys at.

I really really have no time or energy to deal with play pretend games, and the chicken coop gossip.

We're getting to things we can agree upon! No matter what, as individuals, or as a society, we always have a masculine and feminine side to us, repress one in favor of the other consciously, the other will just be a subconscious (and usually bitter, subversive, perverted) hidden influence. The taboo effect. This is why I tend to think it is better to value both, and consciously acknowledge their qualities, rather than try to reject them. They will play a part regardless.

You know what. I agree completely. But I also think that maybe you and whatever else woman should follow your own advice.

I simply objected to your opinion that the female influence is dominant in our society. It is influencial and active though!

Ah! you can reject anything you want. However what I said is true if you dont see it that's not my problem.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

It is really the base of this topic. I can understand if it is not an issue for you. But then why dive into discussion on it then?

Your the one that keeps bring it up.

Are you looking in my posts to find out about yourself...???? I was not aware that was what you were looking for!

No! Why would I do that? What could I possibly find in your posts that has anything to do with me?

Even if I was, it would be like looking at a puddle grooming magazine in the hopes that I would find information on and about what is wrong with my computer, you see if your going to do that the thing to do would be to look at a computer fixing magazine not a puddle grooming magazine.

From what I gather even if I was looking for that you would be kind of on the bottom of the list of those that would be knowledgeable about that. So ya what you purpose is preposterous. Do you see how that works? Or must I explain more. Fell free to try and twist my words and meanings in any way you like, but you should know I am better at that then you also.

There are some wierd opinions in there... like jobs being outsourced to France? That is the last thing that could happen- it is way too expensive! Employees are way too protected by the law, companies way too taxed. I won't bother going through every false assertion in that paragraph.... to stay focused, what that "#" was saying is that money is not the only thing that attracts females- which you claimed earlier.

Now your just straight up lying. Or your just not aware of how corporations and the markets work.

Here you pointed out novelty and adventure as one of the possible influences- agreed. My husband had no prospects. He had completely thrown out his life to set off on adventure, with no security ropes. I found that pretty ballsy. Couragious, and confident. These qualites are much more attractive than a friggin' car !

Did he now. Well how quaint of him, not everybody has the freedom to do that. But what is your point?

Eh, the comment was on your comprehension of the references being used in conversation- when I say "power" you repeatedly respond as if I am speaking of "wealth"- that is not what I am speaking of. If you do that with all women (subvert their meanings) then yes, i guess you are only going to see in them what you want to see. Not what really is.

Is this like the whole will to power thing some pages back? I specifically remember you said one that people with money and power get you off. Then went on about how you like power and such, then even in this thread you went on about the will to power like you even have an inkling what Nietzsche was talking about.

And now? Well who know what the hell your trying to get off with this "power" thing, but some posts back I think you said men who attract lots of women are powerful, whatever that means, but generally there are three types of men who do that, men who are rich and successful or famous attract lots of women, men who know how to ease up onto a women psyche and ego also get lots of women, and off curse pimps and male pornstars get lots of females also.

In fact I do remember you going on about trying the whole swinging thing out with your husband in the other threads, and seems there more then a handful of females into that even on this site, and most of those clubs are started by women, and were even way back in Babylon, and even way back when there were leaving there fetuses everywhere or for those blood sacrifice cults they started, even now a days most such cults are begun and enticed by women. I could go on about all the things you said and what they mean, but why bother. Since they could mean anything and you keep changing the meanings to suit you.

And so, now out of all the things you said, what is it that I am supposed to think on what you want me to believe that "power" means? It definitely sounds like a fetish of yours, but that would just make you normal among females. Even on ATS there are plenty of those, I think there was even a group some years back who all were members here who were into that. But really who cares.

So what we have here is either that you really such at communicating and getting things through or you just keep changing the meanings for some reason till one suits you. Or a bit of both and all mixed and match to suit whatever mood or agenda you have in your head at the current moment.

So am I ever gonna get to hear what you mean about all these things? Or are you just gonna keep alluding to this mysterious "power" men have which makes them attract many many women? Can you like break it down into a simple few sentences that say directly what the hell you mean and are talking about please. Keep it short and succinct. I really dont want to read any more then I have to.

Yet I can explicitely describe it, can you? I would be interested to hear what your perception of it is.

You go first.

Uh, okay, thanks for the heads up. It already seems pretty big to me. But then a twelve hour flight with three toddlers can make it seem even bigger.. So... you have travelled much? Seen many cultures and places? You sound very wise and experienced....is that true?

Depends on whos asking. But yes in ways you can not understand it is true.

Also 12 hour flights suck, especially if its with toddlers, and especially if your in coach and cant even fit in the seat and you knees and lets are at such a cramped angle that your leg goes to sleep from lack of blood flow. It suck indeed I can agree with you on that. The best thing to do in such situations is not to travel with toddlers or small kids.

Oh no- it is rather rare! Many people have trouble keeping focus on their goals and not being sidetracked by their own inner impulses and desires. Just keeping their mind focused on a topic is quite difficult for many people.

It has its uses and life is much much easier when you dont have to focus on anything else. But it also has its pitfalls, and they are many, but all of that is dependent on your environment and even gender and a great many things including something come to bite you back in the future, be it a year from now or a thousand, it always comes back around. But I am quite sure you would know nothing about that outside of getting dudes to keep focused on your world, while you may be great at that, you seem to be blind to a great many things. But so are a majority of women, so I dont blame you, your after all just living in a tunnel. Envision that.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I have not seen anything by you anywhere else on this site....you reminded me of a conversation we had long ago, and then I had memories of it. But I don't think I have seen you on any other thread since- we must not go to the same sorts of topics often. But I surely haven't "followed you around".... and your accusation that I have gone trying to do so is kind of like dropping your pants in public. I just realized why you bragged about how much you have read about me from the many other threads I have written in or started - you have been following me! Honestly? I wouldn't have made the connection and figured that out if you hadn't spouted this nonsense. You have exposed yourself. Well, I guess I should be flattered. Though it is a bit creepy.

Nice try but no. I have been informed that you have been flowing me on this site. I would take its word over yours any day or night, so quit trying to change things around. And there was only a few other threads we ran into each other, I was specifically speaking about those all two of them. Though I forgot what they were about. Anyways must have not been important if I dont remember them.

But anyways listen. I dont know what you want, or what your trying to convince me of. Maybe you should just go on ahead and say whats on your mind and get over with it. If you want me to quit insulting you just say so, I suppose I can do that. it would take a whole lot of effort, but I suppose it can be done.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I NEED TO WEAR MORE MAKE UP I AM BI-POLAR SO WHAT SHOW IS THIS I NEED HELP....TRULY SHELLS4U

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Nice try but no. I have been informed that you have been flowing me on this site. I would take its word over yours any day or night, so quit trying to change things around. And there was only a few other threads we ran into each other, I was specifically speaking about those all two of them. Though I forgot what they were about. Anyways must have not been important if I dont remember them.

But anyways listen. I dont know what you want, or what your trying to convince me of. Maybe you should just go on ahead and say whats on your mind and get over with it. If you want me to quit insulting you just say so, I suppose I can do that. it would take a whole lot of effort, but I suppose it can be done.

No, you are lying. There is no way anyone could have "informed" you of such a thing- it is quite simply false. You are the one that claimed you know so much about me from threads I have started. So you've been reading them. I don't know anything about you except what we exchanged in one thread a long time ago.

I have been up front about what I wanted- to explore this topic of women and makeup, and cult of personality in modern american culture. You can insult all you want, I will ignore that, and continue discussing that topic. Reading another persons thoughts and views on it is thought provoking. Provoking thought is a good thing. No agreement is needed for that to happen. (in fact it can be counter productive in some cases- people stop thinking when everyone just agrees).
edit on 1-11-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: shells4u
I NEED TO WEAR MORE MAKE UP I AM BI-POLAR SO WHAT SHOW IS THIS I NEED HELP....TRULY SHELLS4U

I will respond as if this serious, in order to illustrate a point.

If you are bi-polar, you need to see a doctor. Make up will do nothing for you.

If you are a normal woman, you may find that doing your make up BETTER may make you feel more confident.

For example, if you have the habit of putting a bunch of black eyeliner around your eyes and in the inner rim, wearing red lipstick, and drawing thin fake eyebrows in, that may be making people react to you as if you are a female gang banger- with lack of respect, and as if you are uneducated. This could wear you down throughout the day and make you feel bad.

If you can learn to use a subtle natural color on eyes, a light lip gloss, and letting your eyebrows grow back and just brushing them, people might start looking at you differently, making a diferent assessment, and reacting differently to you- assuming you might be more educated and capable.

You might feel, as you look at yourself in the morning mirror, that you FEEL more classy, more refined, and more "yourself"- beautiful in both body and soul. More gentle, kind and loving, as you are inside. This could make you feel more confident and less frustrated, to see that is coming through your appearance.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Your the one that keeps bring it up.

That is the topic of this thread. It is appropriate to bring it up here.

What could I possibly find in your posts that has anything to do with me?

You asked,

However what has any of that got to do with me? Not much I would say.

Why ask that? YOU are not the topic here. It is normal that you will find no info about yourself in what I say.

Did he now. Well how quaint of him, not everybody has the freedom to do that. But what is your point?

Wealth and possessions are not the only thing that attracts women. (again)

I specifically remember you said one that people with money and power get you off. Then went on about how you like power and such,

I did say that power attracts me in a man. I did not say money. You repeatedly added that, no matter how many times I corrected you. As you are doing here.

So am I ever gonna get to hear what you mean about all these things? Or are you just gonna keep alluding to this mysterious "power" men have which makes them attract many many women? Can you like break it down into a simple few sentences that say directly what the hell you mean and are talking about please. Keep it short and succinct.

Okay, I will repeat the same phrases I used many times in the previous posts in this thread:

Power is self mastership.
It is self discipline.
The ability to channel ones emotions, drives and impulses into conscious intents and goals, without self contradiction or sabotaging ones chosen intents

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Listen if you have not noticed I was trying to insult you so you would go away. Seems that did not work

That is a very ineffective tactic. I would think you would have noticed already.

You said this topic is a non-issue for you... so why don't YOU leave this thread then? I am interested in the topic, so have reason to stay.

OH my god. You watch to much Oprah.

I have never seen Oprah. That show does not exist here. I am aware that she is a known personality in the US and has a show, and I saw her in The Color Purple"... but fail to see her relevance to this topic.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I have been up front about what I wanted- to explore this topic of women and makeup, and cult of personality in modern american culture. You can insult all you want, I will ignore that, and continue discussing that topic. Reading another persons thoughts and views on it is thought provoking. Provoking thought is a good thing. No agreement is needed for that to happen. (in fact it can be counter productive in some cases- people stop thinking when everyone just agrees).

Believe what you will on what I said, I do not carry all my thoughts with me at all times its to cumbersome. But you know there is no topic of which to speak about concerning women and makeup. And so none of us is on topic, and if there was a topic it would likely be a few sentences long in that case.

If anything for the majority makeup seems to be a habit, or a ritual they do before there daily routine. Maybe you should ask yourself why, because I assure you most dudes do not notice such things, and most women likely do, but you may as well be talking about Pokemon cards collections, because outside the circle nobody cares enough to really notice.

But hey everybody has there thing or there morning rituals, and makeup may be the least strange.

I did say that power attracts me in a man. I did not say money. You repeatedly added that, no matter how many times I corrected you. As you are doing here.

Like I said you are nowhere near as clear on things as you like to believe. In fact, I think all those years living in another country may have effected your prowess at the English language. Quite frankly you just suck at communicating, you have shifted so many times back and forth on such subjects that it becomes pointless to listen to you at all. But yes now it seems your back to trying to take the H out of H2O and still call it wet. I mean sure power may not necessarily mean money, but I have never met a human and especially female who did not equate one with the other.

Your like some caricature, or just a bad explainer. And what with this whole "power" fetish you got going, its like something a power ranger villian would be quoting over and over an episode, or something from the lord of the rings with golom standing over the ring of power and going "my precious"

Who knows whats up with you, as you change the subject so much its like you almost expect me to believe you. But hey its a flaw among many females, most of which never really had to even consider the basics of things because they knew there looks alone would attract the answers they wanted.

So ya! I think maybe you should start slow and try to explain things simply. You know context is everything. But hey your not the only female out there with a "power" fetish, I listed a few examples in my other thread as well, maybe you should go down that list and pick which applies to you, oh and feel free to change things up here and there.

Okay, I will repeat the same phrases I used many times in the previous posts in this thread: Power is self mastership. It is self discipline. The ability to channel ones emotions, drives and impulses into conscious intents and goals, without self contradiction or sabotaging ones chosen intents.

Ok and that does not mean jack #.

Context, I think I said it before. But going on what you said, and if were to judge you on that context. Well you definitely have zero power over anything and really, your most and best quality may just be that your a female. And its likely the number one reason why you got to were you are, or got anybody to agree with you on anything.

I mean you definitely are not that good of a communicator, and forget about mastering yourself. Why on this thread and the other alone I have got you to change your interpretations on simple things over a dozen time. Oh yes! I do believe what you mean by mastering yourself and power is basically what every other female means. They want somebody else to do it, preferably a male, because frankly they are incapable of it or dont want to put in the effort.

Now I think that maybe you should go take some ESL classes, to brush up on the basics. Then maybe you can communicate better, who knows maybe you may even one day have a better understanding and mastery of the English language to communicate through with somebody on what exactly you mean by "power" and all other fetishes you may have. Or you can just stick to explaining things to your husband or boyfriends or all you other guy friends...You see that nod of there head means they agree with you, not necessarily that they know what your talking about. But I would not despair the nod is all that is needed for all and any good relationship.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

That is a very ineffective tactic. I would think you would have noticed already. You said this topic is a non-issue for you... so why don't YOU leave this thread then? I am interested in the topic, so have reason to stay.

First your a liar, you are not interested in the topic at the very least, in fact I do not think even you believe there is much to say on the topic of makeup.

And second I am only responding to you because you keep responding to me. The topic of makeup I think is a non issue and women make a big deal out of it, because frankly everybody has to have hobbies. I mean I can not respond to you, but so far I felt like it. When I do not feel like it anymore I will stop doing so.

I have never seen Oprah. That show does not exist here. I am aware that she is a known personality in the US and has a show, and I saw her in The Color Purple"... but fail to see her relevance to this topic.

Oprah was an expression for the round about you people play at. It is done mostly by females, and mostly about non issues, making mountains out of molehills and lions out of mouses. I am quite sure there are some interesting things on that show, but i am quite sure that it may be dwarfed by what I said above.

But in all I used it mostly as an expression, of people mainly females trying to cut around corners. I myself off course probably only watched 20 minutes of the show, and that's just the total accumulations of the times I flipped to the channel and show over the past 20 years.

But I suppose Jerry Lewis is more of your think. I have heard somewhere that he quite popular out over there and even had his own show or some such. I could try to explain things with a Jerry Lewis twist to them. But really that would be to funny even for me. Besides I am quite sure that in France the place of all things fashionable and the birth place of the female gaggle on all things fashionable and feminine they have there equivalent of Oprah as well, complete with who is banging who and which celebrity is in style and which president or powerful man is represented by which woman behind the scenes and all that jive. But you would know more about that then me. You see everybody has there distractions, but I am quite sure I pegged ya early on in the thread and in other threads. And I have seen nothing to say otherwise.

There you go, see I can totally chat with people like you without insulting you or calling you rude names. It was quite a bother but I am like totally proud of myself. I suppose it can be done, you see I maid one critical mistake before in trying to read what you said. Now I merely skip things, and everything makes much more sense when you dont have to actually read or try to interpret things to much.

Yup! It totally makes sense to me now....Nods head.

Ah I'm just a messing with a ya. Its been semi interesting the things you have to say. But I dont think there really is much more to say on anything, much less the subject of makeup.
edit on 11pmSaturdaypm012014f6pmSat, 01 Nov 2014 23:10:21 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

If anything for the majority makeup seems to be a habit, or a ritual they do before there daily routine. Maybe you should ask yourself why, because I assure you most dudes do not notice such things, and most women likely do, but you may as well be talking about Pokemon cards collections, because outside the circle nobody cares enough to really notice.

Oh, I am quite aware that men are not attached to make up. My husband prefers me without it. Most men do. But since pleasing men is not the reason I do it, that is irrelevant to me. I don't like when my mate practices shooting his guns out back either, but he is not doing that to please me (or any other female), so my feelings about it is irrelevant. So it is for my usage of make up.

The ritual does have deeper meaning and reason for me, and for many other women, and apparently that is incomprehensible to a man.

I mean sure power may not necessarily mean money, but I have never met a human and especially female who did not equate one with the other.

That may be an indication of the kinds of personalities you are drawn towards, but not the whole of the female population.

I think maybe you should start slow and try to explain things simply.

I have, and each time you then asked , "What does that even mean?"
So I tried to elaborate, to put it in different words, to offer examples and metaphors to help illustrate and explain what the simple phrase meant.

Power is self mastership. It is self discipline. The ability to channel ones emotions, drives and impulses into conscious intents and goals, without self contradiction or sabotaging ones chosen intents.

Ok and that does not mean jack #.

See? Simple and short doesn't help you understand meaning.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
edit on 3-11-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

First your a liar, you are not interested in the topic at the very least, in fact I do not think even you believe there is much to say on the topic of makeup.

I have proven otherwise. Makeup alone is not the topic- the topic is about women's psychological relationship to makeup, to empowerment, and to the cult of personality in modern culture. Why women might find makeup usage as "empowering", and why they would want to get their skills in it from a personality they judge as beautiful, rather than one they judge as not beautiful.

The rest of your post had nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well it seems you are still here.

Oh, I am quite aware that men are not attached to make up. My husband prefers me without it. Most men do. But since pleasing men is not the reason I do it, that is irrelevant to me.

Well ya! I do not think most men would notice. Besides most husbands say that either way just so they wont have to talk about it because really its a dead end and its likely the last thing on his mind, the majority of men say that even if females need makeup just so that there is some peace of mind. Don't believe me, go up to him with bird # in your hair and say its the newest and latest thing, and whats what he says.

It is all irrelevant, I dont even know why you keep taking about it. You know you may want to come to some sort of point with all this eventually.

The ritual does have deeper meaning and reason for me, and for many other women, and apparently that is incomprehensible to a man.

Maybe to most men, like I said all they have to do is agree. But it is far from incomprehensible, its why everybody does everything, like I said its more ritual then anything else. Females have done it for centuries, by now its likely ingrained into there soul, and everybody else has there ritual. For instance I cant go for long periods of time without doing something physical, generally I hit the gym and excess energy goes down the drain, but its only because I have been doing that in one form or another since I was 5, by now its become ritual, I dont even think about it. And others have there thing as well, women well of curse makeup is one ritual they do, but there are others and all are not exactly mysterious why they do it.

That may be an indication of the kinds of personalities you are drawn towards, but not the whole of the female population.

No it is indication of the whole of the female species, in fact its practically science. The trick is to get them believing its not when in fact that is for some the total sum of there world. As a biological being and especially in this society it is impossible for females to procure anything else. Its basically obvious, and the veneer is thrown over it to keep everybody nullified. But there is a reason why the number one reason in something like 90% of divorce is due to financial reasons. So ya, one way or another it is what females are and can only be, and to a lesser degree males also. Its why females tend to the social aspect or prospect in males, and why males tend to the physical aspect in females, off course there are differences and many more things to it, but for the most part that is what it is about.

I have, and each time you then asked , "What does that even mean?" So I tried to elaborate, to put it in different words, to offer examples and metaphors to help illustrate and explain what the simple phrase meant.

You have done none of the sort.

Now I know females aren't generally good at communicating things through generally because over the centuries they never really had to try as things and dudes came to them due to there biology, or at least outside of a preconditioned construct. But outside of that they fail miserably at even the smallest things.

So really why bother lying about it? If that is what you call metaphors and illustrations I really dont know what to say. OK! Whatever, though a 5 year old could probably explain things better then all that junk above. You do remind me of a villain in the power rangers show, she to would always go on about "power" and all that other junk you were going on about. Your like some sort of bad caricature of a bunch of paper character in a crappy chick flick movie.

See? Simple and short doesn't help you understand meaning.

Yes. And once again, that does not mean squat. Have you ever heard of a little thing called context? You may want to try it out. But I suppose you may even think that my intent is to somehow waste time arguing nonsense with you. A blonde from afar indeed. I think its nothing but hot air. But I said it in the beginning, maybe you should try it with your husband or your boyfriends, I am quite sure they would agree with you. In whatever it is your getting on about.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I have proven otherwise. Makeup alone is not the topic- the topic is about women's psychological relationship to makeup, to empowerment, and to the cult of personality in modern culture. Why women might find makeup usage as "empowering", and why they would want to get their skills in it from a personality they judge as beautiful, rather than one they judge as not beautiful.

Like I said people need hobbies. I do not think any of this is of importance, its really just irrelevant. If females like makeup and if it makes them fell powerful...Well OK then, more power to them. But you know what?...Whatever.

Maybe one of these days you may actually want to make a point instead of just arguing about nothing in circles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join