It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tyra banks empowering females with makeup

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am somewhat out of it in terms of current american pop culture. I know who Tyra is, but am not familiar with her current activities. I am trying to get a sense from what I read here.

I'll tell you my most immediate thoughts, and what I don't think is being acknowledged here-

When a woman is constantly recognized for her physical beauty, there is sometimes a bit of frustration involved. Because other aspects of your personality and actions are not given the attention they deserve.
Everything you accomplish (through hard work and determination, sharp intelligence, etc.) is constantly chalked up to your looks. "She got that job/promotion only because she's pretty".

Add that to the awareness of the jealousy other women feel around you, that the women around you judge you as better than they, and feel bad about themselves because of your appearance, which you were born with. Not only strangers, but sometimes your most beloved friends and family! That feels horrible. You don't want to make people feel that way about themselves. You don't feel looks are that important, but they do, obviously.

I think the accusations that she is unaware of how the other half has it is unfair. How do you know that? Perhaps she does, and it pains her.

Perhaps she would like to help the women who make these comparisons to feel better about themselves. She may be quite aware that there is so much more importance to a person than appearance- but those who feel jealous and low in her presence start from there, as if it is of vital importance. It seems to be a key to all other successes, and they will create their reality- if they feel unattractive, then their confidence and courage in other endeavors is weak.

So with that knowledge, she is doing what she can. Try to find ways to help those women gain some confidence in their appearance, so that they can move beyond it and into other explorations of their capabilities.

"Make up is used to attract men"- god, that is right up there with the self centered assertions like "She isn't talking to me/having sex with me because she is trying to punish me for something I did" . The kind of thing that makes me grince my teeth! Perhaps it isn't all about you, men??? Perhaps she isn't talking to you simply because she feels hurt and wants to retreat within herself protectively? Maybe she isn't sleeping with you because she doesn't feel attracted to you right now- she is sad and her body just isn't responding with sexual desire?

Maybe she puts on make up not with the intent to attract a man, but with the intent to look into the mirror and see beauty, to feel an exterior manifestation of her internal beauty? To feel that the balanced, loving, colorful, open, luminous, sensual, joyful emotions within her are exteriorized, for her own experience? To be able to move within a vehicle that is letting all those positive emotions come to life? So that just walking through her own empty house, she can the movement of them...

Sometimes make up aids a women to let go of all those internal positive feelings, and those enable her to feel more powerful.... power is the sensation of your inner qualities and emotions flowing freely from the source within, and outwards through your body. Once you get that flowing, then you might not need makeup so much anymore.

But the problem of being a woman that your society deems as "beautiful", and experiencing the women around you shutting down their flow in your presence, and becoming less powerful, less confident, less beautiful emotionally (because jealous petty snarkiness is not very beautiful....) is painful.
And what good would it do for that woman to preach that appearances are not that important? They would just say "Yeah right, it's easy for her, she got a free ride all her life just because of her appearance! She doesn't know what she is talking about!"
So she does what she can - okay ladies, if you think appearance is so important, and it is the only way you will let compassionate bounty and emotional beauty move through you, lets look at ways you can feel more beautiful in appearance..."

Nobody ever feels compassion for the challenges of the pretty girl, and that is just a manifestation of their own superficial focus and values. It is not because looking at her, you feel a nasty ugly superficial way that that is how SHE is. Look deeper for other qualities she might have, and you can feel those coming through yourself.
edit on 23-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma
What the hell are you talking about?

Sorry all that you said is a non issue. If that is the scope of your problems as a female then you dont really have many problems, in fact you just may be inventing more problems then actually exist...K.

The issue on females and make up has been settled its 50% makeup and 50% sanity. Now on the previous video, what do you think about the sea, and why do you think the bushman reacted like that to it?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
What the hell are you talking about?

Sorry all that you said is a non issue. If that is the scope of your problems as a female then you dont really have many problems, in fact you just may be inventing more problems then actually exist...K.

I was responding to some of the comments people had posted here after the OP. The comments about make up being only for attracting men, the ones about her being insensitive to how it is for people in less fortunate circumstances, and how all she cares about is making money for herself.

That may be a non-issue for you. But if others say it, it is an issue for them.

Discussing one particular type of problem some women can have does not mean it is the scope of all problems one can have as a female.
There are all kinds of problems and challenges a woman can have.

The issue on females and make up has been settled its 50% makeup and 50% sanity. Now on the previous video, what do you think about the sea, and why do you think the bushman reacted like that to it?

I don't know what you mean by "the issue is settled" - that means you have given your opinion, so none others are valid anymore?

Neither do I understand the phrase "its 50% makeup and 50% sanity" . What does that mean?

I watched a bit of the video, but it is very long. The place of feminine power and animals (the animal within as well) is one I share with the author of the OP. I do work on the side training horses and dogs, and moved out into a rural mountainous area to have that contact with nature and the animals. But everyone is an individual, and not all in the same place, focusing on the same thing. I don't think all women need to be into the same thing I am into.

The sea, the bushmen, and their reaction to it.... what exactly does that have to do with Tyra Banks Empowering Women With Makeup? (the topic of this thread)
edit on 24-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I do not think there is any clear topic to the thread.

As for most of what you said about issues women have, most of them were created by them.

I don't know what you mean by "the issue is settled" - that means you have given your opinion, so none others are valid anymore?

Generally yes, unless you or others have something to say, then its settled.

Neither do I understand the phrase "its 50% makeup and 50% sanity" . What does that mean?

It means 50% sanity to hide the other 50% insanity. Hence makeup. It is a good ration but one very few would be able to achieve, in reality it is more like 80% makeup and 10% sanity. Either way its another none issue, I just dont see all that many women as in zero who have problems finding guys, and its been like that for all of history. Hence the whole thing is just stupid and a waste of time, its a circle jerk done by women for psychological reasons. And yes there is a ratio to it.

The sea, the bushmen, and their reaction to it.... what exactly does that have to do with Tyra Banks Empowering Women With Makeup?

The video was about a female in her element. I dont know what all that stuff about female power and taming wildlife has to do with anything, it was just a show, like you said not everybody is into the same thing. And even on that show when that woman was with the cheetahs, well there cheetahs and wild animals do not attack anything that is bigger then them, they merely respond to environmental stimuli, but if that was a pack of hungry hyenas or hungry anything else she would be dead. So I would not advise women try to tame the wild animal or animal instinct or the (animal within) because frankly there not very good at it outside of a maintained and controlled environment. But I would advise them to find there element like that female from that short video did.

And the bushman has everything to do with this thread topic, and so does the sea. And that well its one of those things you either see and know or dont, but explaining is a waste of time on that part.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Generally yes, unless you or others have something to say, then its settled.

Obviously, I had something to say on it, so it is not.

I just dont see all that many women as in zero who have problems finding guys, and its been like that for all of history. Hence the whole thing is just stupid and a waste of time, its a circle jerk done by women for psychological reasons. And yes there is a ratio to it.

Obviously you did not read my post you were objecting to, which attempted to explain that makeup is not all about "finding guys".

Yes, women do things for psychological reasons, as do men.
For example, insulting and trying to shut down a stranger who voices a different opinion than their own- there is no constructive reason to do that on the exterior, it is needless conflict creation- it will not change me or my opinion.

It does, however, serve a purpose for you, psychologically. Women want to feel their inner harmony coming through them, men want to feel their inner aggressive force come through them.

She wants to feel beautiful, he wants to feel strong, doesn't really matter whether anyone outside recognizes that, does it? I can see you as an immature ignorant pansy, and you still felt like you were a boss in this exchange. It is your own self judgement and and acceptance you seek, not mine.
So it is with women, and judging whether they are beautiful or not.

The video was about a female in her element. I dont know what all that stuff about female power and taming wildlife has to do with anything, .... I would not advise women try to tame the wild animal

Ah, you contradict yourself. You wrote earlier in this thread-

What females really need to learn is how to handle and tame wild animals,

(that"s a copy and paste, btw- your last post on the first page)

What's with the turn around? Can't make up your mind or what?
Or is your conflict more internal, psychological, than with me?
It seems you have an internal conflict that you are bring outside, here, with others, creating problems that don't need to be. Is that your percentage of insanity?
edit on 25-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Do I really have to explain every little thing?

Obviously you did not read my post you were objecting to, which attempted to explain that makeup is not all about "finding guys".

Like I said its a circle female circle jerk, mental games, and its an impossibility for females not to find guys, no matter what they do or believe or even look like, they could be wearing a chewawa on there head and talking about how Oprah is the second coming of Christ and if she is anywhere in the looks department or even if she is not, chances are she will find a guy makeup or no makeup, its a little something called million to billions of years of evolution. In fact its why our whole consumer society works. Like I said Its a non issue, in fact its such a non issue that they make up issues over it just so they can sound deep.

Yes, women do things for psychological reasons, as do men. For example, insulting and trying to shut down a stranger who voices a different opinion than their own- there is no constructive reason to do that on the exterior, it is needless conflict creation- it will not change me or my opinion.

Well YA!

It does, however, serve a purpose for you, psychologically. Women want to feel their inner harmony coming through them, men want to feel their inner aggressive force come through them.

Do you speak for all women and all men now?

She wants to feel beautiful, he wants to feel strong, doesn't really matter whether anyone outside recognizes that, does it? I can see you as an immature ignorant pansy, and you still felt like you were a boss in this exchange. It is your own self judgement and and acceptance you seek, not mine. So it is with women, and judging whether they are beautiful or not.

I dont even know what to say to this. Do you actually comprehend what people read or do you just see what you want to see in what people say and write.

Ah, you contradict yourself. You wrote earlier in this thread-

Nope! I just cant be bothered to explain every little thing I wrote. Besides I was not talking to you or women, but I suppose what I should have said was. Women need to learn to tame wild animals, as long as they dont actually try to do it outside of a controlled construct environment. Because then it would be a different thing. Hence they should find there element, to which a great percentage of women that would not be it. Like you for instance, you have been around plenty of animals like you said, but none of them were anything but domesticated animals, and that goes for the human animal element as well. Hence you would have zero understanding of things on any other level then the one that was already set up for you. But you are in your element as long as you dont cross those set ups. Go play with your horsie is what i am saying.

OK. Get it now, I suppose I can go more into detail, but I do not want to write a novel on here.

What's with the turn around? Can't make up your mind or what? Or is your conflict more internal, psychological, than with me?

Dude I dont even know who are, but I think your that fake frencie guy or gal from some months ago or whatever. In fact I think you were the bored housewife one, but I could be wrong because I dont necessarily keep track of all the nutters I run into online. Trust me the chances that we will ever meet or run into eachoter other then on random threads on this site is zero. Also I would not try to psychological profile me, of all the shows you watched and books you read and all the things dudes have been telling you because you wanted to hear, well I would not be on any of those lists, so it would be silly. It like a watching a hamster trying to read a book, its just not going to happen.

It seems you have an internal conflict that you are bring outside, here, with others, creating problems that don't need to be. Is that your percentage of insanity?

Oh there are plenty of problems in and around inherent in this topic, its why most females avoid it. They like everything already set up and easy to knock down, like bowling. But the op raised and interesting topic, to which you seem oblivious to. Tyra Banks and makeup sale is just the latest trend of this insanity, but hey lets all play makebelieve with none issues, I mean really?

And my insanity percentage is 70/40 today so thanks for asking.

Listen you obviously got a chip on your shoulder. And I am quite sure that whatever that chip is....Is also a huge and big totally major non issue.
edit on 3amSaturdayam252014f6amSat, 25 Oct 2014 03:41:12 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Drop the subject of women being able to attract guys. It has nothing to do with make up.

The psychological cicle jerk men do, in trying to appear strong is just the same. Do you do it in order to attract females? I am guessing not. It is about feeling good about yourself. These insulting combatative words are your "makeup".

Women like to experience their harmony coming through them, men like to experience their oppositional force coming through them.

That harmony is what allows a woman to bond with even a wild animal, while a man can dominate or kill it.

You are the bushman, who cannot understand the power of feminine harmony, and fears it.
edit on 25-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
As for "the system"...

In modern American society, men no longer have to hunt and kill for their tribe. They no longer have to be warriors to protect their tribe from other ones.

Women no longer have to cooperate with each other and agree upon the morals they will establish in the groups young, to create harmonious relations in the group. They do not have to gather medicinal herbs and heal the sick or injured, or sing the songs which keep alive the history and myths which bond their people.

So men work out with weights, and join the military, or troll message boards with verbal attacks.
Women cover themselves in harmonious colors and shake their ass to Beyoncé, and preach empathy and oneness in cyber communities.

And these drives are so pressing, they are willing to pay to fulfil them.

Not evrryone can live out in the wildlands. Not now.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Drop the subject of women being able to attract guys. It has nothing to do with make up.

Off course it has nothing to do with makeup, or even Tyra Banks shows or the many females moping about things in them, or why those shows or people like Tyra never had anything to do with anything, I mean sure she may have made somebody feel good sometime somewere, but that is besides the point, like I said its a circle jerk. And it never has or had to do with anything concrete. Finally you just may understand some simple things.

The psychological cicle jerk men do, in trying to appear strong is just the same. Do you do it in order to attract females? I am guessing not. It is about feeling good about yourself. These insulting combative words are your "makeup".

UM! Nope! Wrong again. I suppose to somebody like you the world would revolve around you, and every guy out there is either trying to get with you, or messing with you, or being combative when they disagree on the opinions you have, I suppose you probably never came across a guy who generally and truly is not impressed by you even in the slightest.

Its a common trait among females, no doubt a curse.
It must be bizarre for you running into somebody who truly does not care about playing games with you. Hey that's what husbands and boyfriends are for, and I am quite sure you have plenty of one and the others, now go bother them with whatever issues you have.

So I know this may blow your mind and such. But ussually when i say mean things toward you its because I mean them. For instance I think all that you said above in that quote above is stupid, and idiotic, and maybe you should go away.

Generally I say those things not so I appear strong, or to attract females, or make myself feel good. Thats just stupid, I say them because I mean them, but mostly so you can mozy on along and so that the chances of us running into each other again on other threads or anywhere really, becomes somewhere close to "zero" And because I really think your just bull#ing, and probably never been called out on it simply because of the fact that your female and everybody just nodded there heads at all the # you say.

I suppose it must be quite a shock to find some guy does not simply agree with you simply because your female...Quite a shocker indeed, the majority of them seem to be quite shocked when I disagree with them on things. Some are even shocked that I am not impressed by the fact that there female, and some even seem to take it as an insult when I call them an idiot when they say something I think is quite idiotic...Imagine that, I suppose for some females it must be really hard to imagine such a thing.

So ya, sorry I dont believe any of the # you say...What prof do you have on any of it? None that I have seen so far.

Women like to experience their harmony coming through them, men like to experience their oppositional force coming through them. That harmony is what allows a woman to bond with even a wild animal, while a man can dominate or kill it. You are the bushman, who cannot understand the power of feminine harmony, and fears it.

Oh I understand more then you. In fact you may want to contemplate that you dont understand half as much as you think you do. Lets just say if any of this that we ran into on this thread or the others with you is any way indictment of this feminine harmony you seem to think you and all females posses...I would say you are severely lacking in that department. And if you are any indictment of other females, well that does not bode well for things now does it.

But hey lets not get ahead of ourselfs with make believe, there has never been any prof of this feminine harmony you speak about, I do believe its been proven and proven time and time again to be just another fairy tale.

As for "the system"... In modern American society, men no longer have to hunt and kill for their tribe. They no longer have to be warriors to protect their tribe from other ones. Women no longer have to cooperate with each other and agree upon the morals they will establish in the groups young, to create harmonious relations in the group. They do not have to gather medicinal herbs and heal the sick or injured, or sing the songs which keep alive the history and myths which bond their people. So men work out with weights, and join the military, or troll message boards with verbal attacks. Women cover themselves in harmonious colors and shake their ass to Beyoncé, and preach empathy and oneness in cyber communities. And these drives are so pressing, they are willing to pay to fulfil them. Not evrryone can live out in the wildlands. Not now.

Well that's modern society...Ain't it grand. Its good enough, could be worse, could be better, but whatever.

Like I said 50% makeup and 50% sanity, sounds like a good standard, though a bit unrealistic.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

And it never has or had to do with anything concrete. Finally you just may understand some simple things.

Since my very first post in this thread denied attracting men as having anything to do with makeup, I obviously didn't come to any new understanding. I am simply repeating the same assertion.

The psychological cicle jerk men do, in trying to appear strong is just the same. Do you do it in order to attract females? I am guessing not. It is about feeling good about yourself. These insulting combative words are your "makeup".

UM! Nope! Wrong again. I suppose to somebody like you the world would revolve around you, and every guy out there is either trying to get with you, or messing with you, or being combative when they disagree on the opinions you have, I suppose you probably never came across a guy who generally and truly is not impressed by you even in the slightest.

That you think so highly of me, assuming that I probably have never come across a man who is not impressed by me says a lot about how you perceive me. It is not true, of course, but it is flattering that you find my words so powerful. Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, I find the personal slurs you have injected over and over (the fake frenchie bored housewife etc.) to be combatative (and showing a lack of experience in intellectual debate. ) Being combative is okay and normal- using personal slurs is a mistake in debate, however, and shooting yourself in the foot.

And you don't seem to read very well- the above quote from me you answered says, Do you do it in order to attract females?I am guessing not. .
So... you are just confirming what I said- you do not do this to attract women.
(really only very small boys would, adult men stopped throwing rocks and pulling hair of the girl they like at about the age of 9)
I assumed this is an obvious assertion.

So I know this may blow your mind and such. But ussually when i say mean things toward you its because I mean them. For instance I think all that you said above in that quote above is stupid, and idiotic, and maybe you should go away.

I am sure a part of you does mean them- the part that itches to wrestle with others to feel your strength, or to hunt an animal. The other part has assumed all men that come across me are impressed by me- does that make me a very big and strong potential prey?

but mostly so you can mozy on along and so that the chances of us running into each other again on other threads or anywhere really, becomes somewhere close to "zero"

Oh so you thought a few crazy immature personal slurs would ...what? Scare me away? You initiated a debate, I accepted.
Now you are faced with that choice of yours.

I suppose it must be quite a shock to find some guy does not simply agree with you simply because your female...Quite a shocker indeed, the majority of them seem to be quite shocked when I disagree with them on things.

Not at all shocked! I very often have disagreements with men here and in my daily life, and we have intellectual debates, and it is enjoyable for both of us! They do not agree with me, even though I am female. But that is with mature grown men who know how to do intellectual debate.

Lets just say if any of this that we ran into on this thread or the others with you is any way indictment of this feminine harmony you seem to think you and all females posses...I would say you are severely lacking in that department. And if you are any indictment of other females, well that does not bode well for things now does it.

I have also embraced and value my masculine side- which is why I can appreciate and understand males, including my husband of 23 years, and my grown sons. I understand their need to have oppositional relations and combats. I can employ my feminine or masculine powers as is appropriate. This here is my masculine side. If you wanted to put your feminine side into the exchange, I would happy to switch to that too!
But seeing as you have a huge issue with females, thinking that to open to other beings is to risk being eaten up, I don't expect you will be doing that anytime soon.

edit on 26-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Since my very first post in this thread denied attracting men as having anything to do with makeup, I obviously didn't come to any new understanding. I am simply repeating the same assertion.

Changing words does not mean changing intentions, I remember no such thing.

That you think so highly of me, assuming that I probably have never come across a man who is not impressed by me says a lot about how you perceive me. It is not true, of course, but it is flattering that you find my words so powerful. Thanks for the compliment.

Powerful??? Ah whatever, dont even know what the above means.

Yes, I find the personal slurs you have injected over and over (the fake frenchie bored housewife etc.) to be combatative (and showing a lack of experience in intellectual debate. ) Being combative is okay and normal- using personal slurs is a mistake in debate, however, and shooting yourself in the foot.

Listen I specifically remember on other threads you were saying your some American who went to France or married some french dude then were whining about some things about there in culture, then something about swingers and something yada yada, and being bored, etc etc. So ya the things I said about you are by all accounts a pretty curate description. And that is how you shall be in my head, I am quite sure there is something more to you, but I am also much more sure that it not much more.

So... you are just confirming what I said- you do not do this to attract women. (really only very small boys would, adult men stopped throwing rocks and pulling hair of the girl they like at about the age of 9) I assumed this is an obvious assertion.

I suppose spending time in a different country has effected your English reading comprehension. In fact I will tell you the truth, I made up that makeup sanity percentage because I thought it would be the equivelnt of all that Tyra Banks stuff. And also when I read you first post, generally I dont waste my time reading anything I come across on this site from you, but anyways I read you post and what do we know. More bull# about how nobody understands you and how everybody should feel how you feel because your some sort of good looking succesfull woman and everybody at your work is jealous of you because you husband is well off, etc etc.

Now first of all, if that is you in those avatars of yours, then your not that good looking. And second we cant have all these mopy females start whining about even less non issues then they already do, you are a bad influence, you seem like some sort of spoiled bored fake french housewife who just got bored of riding her horsie in the country and going to parties so she starts whining online about that other idiot females and the whole jealousy female thing.

Now I have met some real non issues in my time, and yours is right on top of the list. Its a bad precedent, next were going to have them all emulate and whine about the stupidest things in there lifes as well. Compounding non issue with non issues in a whole soap opera of non issues. Adding to the circle jerk exponential.

I am sure a part of you does mean them- the part that itches to wrestle with others to feel your strength, or to hunt an animal. The other part has assumed all men that come across me are impressed by me- does that make me a very big and strong potential prey?

I guess you really do have a reading comprehension. What I meant is that I never ran into a female that did not think everything revolved around her. Basically some ego you have there. Its disgusting. So I suppose lots of dudes like that and look for it, though the only thing it would make you in my view is something to avoid, sort of how like if your walking in a bard you try to avoid steeping on the horse poop. But hey whatever floats your boat I suppose, plenty of other dudes who are into that stuff.

Not at all shocked! I very often have disagreements with men here and in my daily life, and we have intellectual debates, and it is enjoyable for both of us! They do not agree with me, even though I am female. But that is with mature grown men who know how to do intellectual debate.

Oh wow! Thats great maybe you should avoid any threads I am in, or avoid me all together and maybe you should go talk to them about your non issues. To tell the truth other then the fact of why I seem to run into your type sometimes and how to avoid it I really dont care. And really there is nothing you can tell me, or that I would find all that enlightening. In fact I am starting to regret the removing of the whole "ignore" button they had on ATS years ago, that way at least I would not have to put effort in not reading anything you wrote, with it on all of you could literally disappear and not exist even if we were on the same thread. They should really bring that function back.

I have also embraced and value my masculine side- which is why I can appreciate and understand males, including my husband of 23 years, and my grown sons. I understand their need to have oppositional relations and combats. I can employ my feminine or masculine powers as is appropriate. This here is my masculine side. If you wanted to put your feminine side into the exchange, I would happy to switch to that too! But seeing as you have a huge issue with females, thinking that to open to other beings is to risk being eaten up, I don't expect you will be doing that anytime soon.

I have no issues with females, I have issues with certain type of females. And for all intensive purposes you seem to be one. Dont take this the wrong way, but even if I was all that which you said. Why would I be asking you about it? It's sort of obvious your kind of clueless on things. And on that which you are not? Well you better just stick to what you can handle and understand.

I suppose you fancy yourself some sort of psychiatrist or shrink, who know maybe you even read a book or two on the subject, or who knows maybe even seen one or two in action, and who know maybe you even seen one in action when there patient did actually have a problem they did not just need somebody to tell them what they wanted to hear.

If that is part of the case, maybe you should follow my advice on such thing. My advice is as such bellow.

Like I said females function works best when in there element, so why dont you stay in it and go play makebelieve and have grown up conversations with all those other guys in your life about more non issue topics, and then you can all pat yourselfs on the back and fell real good about it all...OK! If your good at that then maybe you should continue to do that whatever it is you think your good at, after all it is your element.

Now I sense your just some other nut who wants to be cracked, besides being a bored fake frenchy housewife that is, and maybe you want something from me, so who knows. In which case I assure you, you will get over whatever it is. But really why do you keep responding to me? You cant be that bored. Maybe you should mozy on along there and have them grown up conversations with all them other mature guys in your life. You know if this continues it would look quite suspicious, I may even start thinking you like me.

So ya, by by. There really is nothing more to say, and this thread is way off topic now.
edit on 10pmSundaypm262014f0pmSun, 26 Oct 2014 22:59:22 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Yes, you are raving way off topic. Despite my repeated attempts to get back to it.
The reason I didn't "go away" is because I was hoping to get back to the topic, which is of interest to me- the current american trends in capitalistic cult of personality- how that evolved into being, what internal forces drive it.

The point I tried to help you with is not whether or not your really "mean" your characterizations of me, but that what you think of me as a person is irrelevant in a discussion on specific ideas.
- It destroys your position and arguments to continually bring those up. It also deprives you of the opportunity to develop further your ideas through opposition.

It is the same as if you started to try lifting a weight, found it difficult, so resorted to staring at it yelling insults, or doing a haka. It is non-constructive, does nothing to the weight, and only serves your "non-issue" mental frustrations (to use your own terms).

You can go on repeating that you really mean your insults, that you claim are so "shocking", but I assure you they are not to anyone but yourself. I would prefer to watch you grow and excell in your mental creativity and use your mental muscles for more than creating elaborate "you are a poopy-head" talk. But it is your choice and I will ignore that for now and continue on with the topic at hand.

Back to topic, and not for you:

The fact is, all of the societies humans build run upon our shared psychological drives, as much as our physical necessities.
Capitalism and Democracy in particular, aims to use these as it's fuel. Edward Bernays helped our american society excel in the manipulation of these appetites. These systems are sometimes criticized as creating false needs in consumers, but they don't so much create them, but provoke, stimulate, and the twist needs already existing into other forms.

Women are no more victim of this than are men- just look at any car magazine aimed towards men, try to find a pic of the newest models that DON'T have a sexy woman leaning on it!

Arguing that men who actually think they will get such a woman if they buy that car is useless and distracting from what is really happening- Having young beautiful women is associated with power in our culture. If you look deeper into the drive being stimulated, it is power.

The will to power exists in all humans, regardless of gender. As our adolescent friend here pointed out- anyone can get sex, if they are not too picky about the partner- sex is a minor drive compared to power, (and power is largely a a major force between sexual drives). A clever capitalist doesn't bank simply on the reproductive drives, but on the deeper and more compelling drive to experience of power.

So certain faces and personalities are associated with power, and used to propel products that promise a sense of power.
(In this example, the promise is not that you will attract a man, it is that you will feel powerful).

What I was trying to point out before being sidetracked, is that, our psyches run on their own rules, and our perspectives about "how things are" can be quite self- fulfilling. The guy who buys the car, and his brain associates it with power, will feel powerful when sitting behind the wheel of his new car.... and his confidence in himself will cause him to make choices of action he wouldn't have done before he had his new car.

The woman who suddenly feel more beautiful will have a different way of behaving then, and make different choices.

So... it is a longer route, going from such superficial symbols and ideas, down to practical changes- it would be faster if the man or woman could just switch to belief in their internal power and get it flowing without these "things" being associated with these personalities. But some people just can't seem to find that switch and need the help of these props to get it flowing!

Tyra Banks, for example, may be completely aware that helping other women to feel more powerful in a feminine sense could be done without any make up, but aware also that many of them are not able to use those alternatives in this modern society. She could just say "f*ck it then. Let them stay unhappy and thinking they are less valuable than me" but perhaps she has compassion for her fellow humans, and can't just not care. So she takes the road that is longer, but will be more effective for this time and people.

Sometimes, if you really care, you are willing to take the longer round about paths to help others, if they don't want, or can't, take the quicker route.
edit on 27-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Listen I am quite sure that I know what your about, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...Well you get the picture.

I have had my experience of trolls with agendas in fact looks like some still are trying to do that. You would think saying things clearly and even forcefully they would understand. But I suppose not. Seems they have a understanding and communication problem as well. And ultimately I know what they and your are even if you do not or think otherwise.

And yes that is the words I used to describe you, because that is what you seem to me from all that you said and I ever heard you talk about online. I suppose I can clean it up and bull# it up so that it does not insult you, but really that is still what I would think of you unless I see or observe other wise...But anyways.

Its good you got back on topic.

The fact is, all of the societies humans build run upon our shared psychological drives, as much as our physical necessities. Capitalism and Democracy in particular, aims to use these as it's fuel. Edward Bernays helped our american society excel in the manipulation of these appetites. These systems are sometimes criticized as creating false needs in consumers, but they don't so much create them, but provoke, stimulate, and the twist needs already existing into other forms.

False needs for false people. Nothing more to say, the wretched automatons.

Women are no more victim of this than are men- just look at any car magazine aimed towards men, try to find a pic of the newest models that DON'T have a sexy woman leaning on it!

Last time I purposefully looked at at car magazine was over 10 years ago, but i have seen them in the isle while shopping. Most of them do have scantly clad females leaning on them, but not all. But that's not ultimately a product of shopping culture that's a product of biology and the fact that if guys were not interested in scantly clad females they then would not likely be interested in females period.

In any which case the automobile would have to sell on merits alone. But most car enthusiasts know what there buying including the ones who look at such magazines, the scantily clad females are just decor and nothing more. Now a days if they really wanted to see that they would go online or to there local pub and possibly see much more then that. Especially if they had such car, even you said wealth or even the promise of it attracts females. So ya its not like men have to grab females by the hair and make them pose for such pictures, they do it willingly and because they want to.

Its the ebb and flow of the human male and female dynamic. Its only pretty when you dont see it up close, and everybody just pretends that it isn't.

Arguing that men who actually think they will get such a woman if they buy that car is useless and distracting from what is really happening- Having young beautiful women is associated with power in our culture. If you look deeper into the drive being stimulated, it is power.

Well ya most young and beautiful women who would they be attracted to if they had two choices. That guy with holes in his jeans and looks like a bum, or the guy in the nice suit and the expensive car. It is the culmination of millions and millions of years of biology. Its not only about power, or social status, its about who they are.

Listen you were whining earlier about how your other female co workers were cloding against you. Well what would be worse in the mind of a female that a bunch of female coworkers were jealous of her looks and her husbands success and lot in life. Or that they were not jealous at all and didn't care at all?

The answer off course is that they were jealous is a much much better thing, because if they were not then said female would think there is something wrong with her guy or even that he is a losers, and off course we know were it would go from there, its only happened countless times in all ages and in all civilization that have ever existed on earth.

You see you make a fatal error in all your judgements on every female makes. They only tend to look at things from one perspective...Theirs...When in fact there are many many many perspectives, there is even an alien perspective, but you dont want to know that, and its likely for another thread.

And also most of what people and especially females read about Democracy Republic Berneies and all, well its all prefabricated way ahead of time and then pushed on the masses. So the mass of data out there is merely propaganda and agendas. Most of which most guys take seriously and believe and all of which females take seriously and believe. There are many reasons why I said its much easier to subvert the female mental makeup then it is the male mental makeup, but either way it does not matter once you got a hold of one you got the other.

The will to power exists in all humans, regardless of gender. As our adolescent friend here pointed out- anyone can get sex, if they are not too picky about the partner- sex is a minor drive compared to power, (and power is largely a a major force between sexual drives). A clever capitalist doesn't bank simply on the reproductive drives, but on the deeper and more compelling drive to experience of power.

So what are you telling me that you at one time read Nietzsches, the will to power book.

I have the book around here somewhere, I used to use it as a paperweight. Its a good book, but not many people would understand I personally like thus spoke Zarathustra its got a more serious tone then then the will to power, but he says more in one sentence in that book, then he says in pages and pages of his other book. But it is good to see what your and peoples real opinions are on some of the topics, oh yes you get a real measure of what there all about then.

But i would not worry about capitalists you see its just a word and every civilization so far has had the same creed only there means and decor were different. In all every dog has its day, and generally when that day is up, everybody on mass jump ship to whatever the new thing on the block is. Kind of like flees off a dogs back.

So certain faces and personalities are associated with power, and used to propel products that promise a sense of power. (In this example, the promise is not that you will attract a man, it is that you will feel powerful).

jebus lebus hebus your lost.
So does a stripper weaving along a pole. She has every mans attention and fells quite powerful, at least for her allotted time. What exactly are you saying? Or is this just one of those things you read somewhere and now like to quote.

The truth is the world is the way it is because of a simple reason. Because people like it so, you may even say it mirrors there soul. And females...Well its been known for a long time that females are attracted to power and feeling powerful. Its not a bad thing, but depending on the situation it will be a bad thing and in another situation and time a good thing.

But I suppose to somebody like you, its the all encompassing truth. You know with a little magic, sometimes the world has a habit to take everything you think you know and turn it on its head. And when that happens 100% of people that live or have lived so far change there mind pretty quickly and quite fast.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Um more # to quote on.

What I was trying to point out before being sidetracked, is that, our psyches run on their own rules, and our perspectives about "how things are" can be quite self- fulfilling. The guy who buys the car, and his brain associates it with power, will feel powerful when sitting behind the wheel of his new car.... and his confidence in himself will cause him to make choices of action he wouldn't have done before he had his new car.

Off course it is know as the pussy magnet. If it did not work then nobody would be buying such outrageously over priced cars that really serve no function besides that. Its an outlook on male psychology and the pull and ebb and flow and the effect of female psychology on the male psychology. One is not that much different then the other, only in the way they go about things. Like the ocean, one pulls and compels the other.

The woman who suddenly feel more beautiful will have a different way of behaving then, and make different choices.

Well yes off course, after all what purpose would there be for a woman who does not feel more beautiful? Right? A woman who thus wants to be beautiful then looks for the guy who can supply that. Hence our whole way of life, you see we do not life in a Patriarchy, we life in a wayward subverted matriarchy. Hence why dudes buy cars, because the dudes with cars are 100% more likely to get more love form the opposite sex then the ones without. They are merely just the product of there environments, and of there raising, born and bred to be the way they are by not only society but by there fathers and yes mostly by there mothers. Though now a days that equation is not even needed that much. Thats what the TV and school and books and other media is for, I mean if people did not tell them what to be, how would they know?

So... it is a longer route, going from such superficial symbols and ideas, down to practical changes- it would be faster if the man or woman could just switch to belief in their internal power and get it flowing without these "things" being associated with these personalities. But some people just can't seem to find that switch and need the help of these props to get it flowing!

No thats just a female out look. All males do things in society to thrive and attract females, and all of society is a mirror of the things females covet. So hence it is and always was what they wanted and what they are. You just see it different because you looking at it from a female perspective, and so while you say they should switch there belief and change.

When you know that you will never have to, and never in your entire life have had to, in fact generation after generation for untold generation females never had to. Its only in this day and age that things have switched a little, and wow how they whine when even 1% of things change, in fact one day when they may have to actually have more then a vagina and some looks like a well paying job or some credence other then being female, and after a few thousand years of that, they may get an inkling of what it is like from the other side. Till then its just make believe.

So yes, what I am saying it is much better if you were a guy to be the most ugliest and ickiest dude in the world and be rich, then it is to be female and be really ugly and super rich. One the male would get a whole lot more action then the other. And that is only one of the differences between the genders.

Tyra Banks, for example, may be completely aware that helping other women to feel more powerful in a feminine sense could be done without any make up, but aware also that many of them are not able to use those alternatives in this modern society. She could just say "f*ck it then. Let them stay unhappy and thinking they are less valuable than me" but perhaps she has compassion for her fellow humans, and can't just not care. So she takes the road that is longer, but will be more effective for this time and people.

I am pretty sure that Tyra does what she does is because she make quite a bit of money at it. The rest is just a matter of opinion, it is a show after all and its there to entertain. In all Tyra Banks is definitely not nowere near as good looking as people make her out to be, and her opinions on matters, I am quite sure she has them and that she is a smart lady, but well I could find 15yr olds who I find have a more broad look on the same opinions. Tyra is purely there because its something women want to see, like every other show on TV that caters to a demographic.

Sometimes, if you really care, you are willing to take the longer round about paths to help others, if they don't want, or can't, take the quicker route.

And sometimes when people are so full of #, they trip over there own #, and end up making up # on spot, so as to not get bogged down in all the other # they said, and as quick way to move on before anybody asks them what the hell does that even mean...Kind of like this quote you said. If I may be so bold to ask...What does that # I quoted above even mean?

[
edit on 12amTuesdayam282014f2amTue, 28 Oct 2014 00:27:14 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

But most car enthusiasts know what there buying including the ones who look at such magazines, the scantily clad females are just decor and nothing more. Now a days if they really wanted to see that they would go online or to there local pub and possibly see much more then that.

So we agree on one point- the message in the ad is not "You will get sex if you buy this"- they can get sex anywhere already.
The more or less subliminal message here is- "This product has POWER. If you own it, you will experience POWER."

Its not only about power, or social status, its about who they are.

Exactly. Personal empowerment does not necessarily mean social status. A man who masters himself is attractive to females, and yet could be totally rejected by society, or be honored by it. Personal power and social status are not inseparable.

You see you make a fatal error in all your judgements on every female makes. They only tend to look at things from one perspective...Theirs...When in fact there are many many many perspectives, there is even an alien perspective, but you dont want to know that, and its likely for another thread.

I spend lots of time exploring perspectives other than my own. I often explore and defend the perspective of a man, and I am not a man. (and have many men exclaim that I had a pretty accurate understanding). I often defend and explain the perspectives of french people, though they are very different than myself (and have their own specific reasoning and validity). I enter debates regularly in which I defend a point of view that is the opposite of my own. I consider it very important to practice this.
But try to focus- this subject is not about me individually. You are floating off again.

I wonder- where do you get your understanding of the female mental processes?

So the mass of data out there is merely propaganda and agendas. Most of which most guys take seriously and believe and all of which females take seriously and believe. There are many reasons why I said its much easier to subvert the female mental makeup then it is the male mental makeup,

I disagree. I find that males and females are equally vulnerable to manipulation by the media and propaganda.

I suspect, however, that a much smaller percentage of men are inclined to admit when it has happened!
Men are generally as willing to acknowledge or expose their flaws of mind as women are of their physical flaws.
It is not because a person denies having made a mistaken judgement call, or because they covered up their cellulite, that it never happened, or that they don't have it.

So what are you telling me that you at one time read Nietzsches, the will to power book.

No, I am telling you exactly what I said, on the subject. This is not about me individually . Focus... try to discipline your mind here.

Most people these days are aware of the pull of power in themselves, whether they have ever read or even heard of Nietzsche .... hence the "Tyra Banks Empowering Women with Makeup".... did you assume that was a secret reference made only for readers of Nietzsche to grasp???

So does a stripper weaving along a pole. She has every mans attention and fells quite powerful, at least for her allotted time. What exactly are you saying?

I'll try another approach at saying the same thing, see if you can understand. What if I responded to your above comment with:

"Women who do that are so stupid! They do that to get guys, but they can get laid easily without it! They must be insane and lacking in rational thought. "

It does seem rather irrational for a woman to do that in order to get laid. Just as much as it is for a woman to put on make up to get laid.

But perhaps the flaw is not in her thinking, but in yours- you have made a mistaken assumption about her intent, that is why your assertion lacks rationality and seems 'insane".

If we discuss

X + 3 = 9

And you say, X being 2, this statement is completely false, and insane!

That would suggest that your guess on what X is, is mistaken.

Is that more clear?
edit on 28-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Off course it is know as the pussy magnet. If it did not work then nobody would be buying such outrageously over priced cars that really serve no function besides that. Its an outlook on male psychology and the pull and ebb and flow and the effect of female psychology on the male psychology. One is not that much different then the other, only in the way they go about things. Like the ocean, one pulls and compels the other.

So, in your opinion, the only draw is sexual pleasure? Even if a man can get that at any moment, from his own hand?

I am suggesting that the females are symbol of something even deeper. A deeper urge to feel empowered.

A woman who thus wants to be beautiful then looks for the guy who can supply that.

It is only from the attention of a man that a woman can feel beautiful, you think?
Explain then, how a woman can feel beautiful alone in her own home? Why she would put on make up while alone, or clothes which please her esthetic senses? Or wear these things when she already has a mate she is happy with and who she is aware sees her as beautiful (and even more so without makeup or clothes).

Again, I wonder- what are your references for these opinions on how female minds work and perceive? They are rather curious.

Hence our whole way of life, you see we do not life in a Patriarchy, we life in a wayward subverted matriarchy. Hence why dudes buy cars, because the dudes with cars are 100% more likely to get more love form the opposite sex then the ones without.

Hm. That sounds like the perspective of a guy who has difficulty attracting women, and instead of acknowledging he shows a lack of personal empowerment through his behavior, just chalks it up to not having the correct possessions. -Because that is an excuse which avoids introspection and acknowledgement of internal flaws in judgement and self discipline.

All I can say is I disagree. I have direct experience of otherwise, having been a woman attracted to men who had no car or money.

We each have different opinions on that, according to our differing life experiences, I guess.

No thats just a female out look. All males do things in society to thrive and attract females

How is that a man who has a female already (that is content with what they have together) will seek to have a promotion at work, for example? Or get into a competative sports match with another man? Do you not perceive any other urge or draw behind that?

I am pretty sure that Tyra does what she does is because she make quite a bit of money at it.

You have the right to your opinion. I am not ready to be "sure" about the internal thoughts and intents she has, because I don't know her. I am aware, however that there are multiple possibilities- they are not limited to money (she has a lot of that already). I do not share the view that only motivations men or women can have is money or sex.

If I may be so bold to ask...What does that # I quoted above even mean?

Okay, I will try to re-word for you. For example, if the other doesn't understand what is said, someone who cares will make effort to use different wording, to use metaphors, examples, which can better aid the listener to understand, according to their specific personality. That takes time, it is a longer route.

The person who doesn't care would not bother- they would simply say, "I told you already, you didn't get it the first time, you are just an idiot then."

In the example of women with make up-
Tyra could say, "just believe you are beautiful and go on about your business! You don't need to see exterior evidence of that in the mirror! You can just feel it inside and know it is true!"

For many people, that short route doesn't work. They need to pass from visible exterior evidence to internal experience - a woman might need to see the face she has as beautiful, a man might need to see the car he has as forceful, for that internal power to be "real" and believable to them inside.
So they have to go through that longer route of starting with the superficial and integrating it within. So be it.

A person who does not care would not help them do that, they would just say, "You are an idiot" and make no further effort.

ETA- re-reading, I got the following feeling- we might have a problem communicating here because we do not refer to the same thing when the word "Power" is used?

You do understand that I am speaking of "internal" experience of power... of mastery over self, not others? Not external power over others? Right?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So we agree on one point- the message in the ad is not "You will get sex if you buy this"- they can get sex anywhere already. The more or less subliminal message here is- "This product has POWER. If you own it, you will experience POWER."

Um OK! Whatever floats yer boat. You got some weird ass fetishes, but ya whatever.

Exactly. Personal empowerment does not necessarily mean social status. A man who masters himself is attractive to females, and yet could be totally rejected by society, or be honored by it. Personal power and social status are not inseparable.

Generally it does, especially among females and there outlook on everything and especially the world and society. The modern female and society is pretty much indistinguishable in both thought and habit. You contradict yourself so many times its ridiculous. I suppose this would be the part were I would nod my head so we can move on, in all I think all outcomes are pretty much set. So ya! Whatever floats yer boat.

I spend lots of time exploring perspectives other than my own. I often explore and defend the perspective of a man, and I am not a man. (and have many men exclaim that I had a pretty accurate understanding). I often defend and explain the perspectives of french people, though they are very different than myself (and have their own specific reasoning and validity). I enter debates regularly in which I defend a point of view that is the opposite of my own. I consider it very important to practice this. But try to focus- this subject is not about me individually. You are floating off again.

Just because people tell you one thing does not mean you actually are. And just because you actually believe one thing does not mean that it actually is. I suppose you may believe that, but everybody is free to believe anything, it makes for some interesting and ridiculously hilarious moments.

Many places and everywhere, some you would not believe if I told you, but mostly by looking around me and in the world at large in general.

No, I am telling you exactly what I said, on the subject. This is not about me individually . Focus... try to discipline your mind here. Most people these days are aware of the pull of power in themselves, whether they have ever read or even heard of Nietzsche .... hence the "Tyra Banks Empowering Women with Makeup".... did you assume that was a secret reference made only for readers of Nietzsche to grasp??

Your whole outlook and especially the way your talking about things is straight ripped from Nietzsche books. That whole will to power you were going on a few posts above is pretty much cookie cutter copy and paste. So yes. Offcourse its not about you, I seriously doubt you would be capable of even having such ideas if the old mister mustachio did not first write it down. I would not be to miffed, your not the only one to not have an original thought, why Nietzsche books inspired and gave rise to a whole host of things, including things such as that whole WW2 its why they banned some of his books in Nazi Germany they did not want anybody else to get the same ideas they got from his books, and even that whole capitalist thing you were going on a while back in the thread, in fact whole business for a long time modeled themselfs after a particular way of thinking he outlined in his books, and a whole bunch of other thing, the most important of which I am quite sure you missed.

So ya! Why would you think anything was about you? No offense but you even suck at dissing people, so ya why try it?

I suspect, however, that a much smaller percentage of men are inclined to admit when it has happened! Men are generally as willing to acknowledge or expose their flaws of mind as women are of their physical flaws. It is not because a person denies having made a mistaken judgement call, or because they covered up their cellulite, that it never happened, or that they don't have it.

I have no idea what that # means.

But I take it, that it has something to do of a nature with one story I ran into on my Facebook some days ago about Renee Zellweger face change, and the many other such stories from all walks of life. Your talking to the wrong guy about this stuff. There are however plenty of dudes who would know what your talking about. You should go talk to them.

Most people these days are aware of the pull of power in themselves, whether they have ever read or even heard of Nietzsche .... hence the "Tyra Banks Empowering Women with Makeup".... did you assume that was a secret reference made only for readers of Nietzsche to grasp?

No what I said is why are you using terminology from his book? And you seem to use it a lot. In you could just be not very skilled at communicating and getting things through, dont be sad I seem to run into a lot of people like that, your not the only dyslexic female out there, in fact there seems to be a whole lot of them. But yes the will to power and that whole terminology you were using and going on about has nothing to do with Tyra Banks show, or empowering women with makeup. So why try to change subjects now? Listen obviously you have some questions to ask, or something that you dont understand, which would be quite a many of them...So get on with it. I seriously doupt you give a # about Tyra Banks or helping people through makeup.

I'll try another approach at saying the same thing, see if you can understand. What if I responded to your above comment with: "Women who do that are so stupid! They do that to get guys, but they can get laid easily without it! They must be insane and lacking in rational thought. " It does seem rather irrational for a woman to do that in order to get laid.

Not necessarily I mean a guy who can afford some of them fancy expensive cars can get lots of other females. So ya there is a reason why they wear makeup and do all those things. They are not lacking in rational thought, there just trying to keep one step above the competition by the means they have at hand. If she wanted to get laid she would have gone to a bar, and even there like attracts like, and just like guys do things to make themselfs seem more so to will females. It is the environment and the rules of the game they have created for themself over time and generation, they are merely abiding by it. They have created there heaven and hell, like everybody else.

But perhaps the flaw is not in her thinking, but in yours- you have made a mistaken assumption about her intent, that is why your assertion lacks rationality and seems 'insane".

No such thing has creeper up in my rationality. It only seems insane because you all must play by the rules you created to achieve the ends you made up. Basically its a game, one which over eons bull# has piled upon bull# and became a reality. When somebody comes up and does not include the necessary rhythm or says the thing not on the cue card, everybody freaks and most especially females because its not on unspoken tirades everybody aspects and is waiting to be cued on, so they can then take take there prescribed action.

All the world is a stage and all the players are merely waiting for the ques.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

So, in your opinion, the only draw is sexual pleasure? Even if a man can get that at any moment, from his own hand? I am suggesting that the females are symbol of something even deeper. A deeper urge to feel empowered.

Well there are plenty of dudes and dudetts who get off that stuff, its the base of those magazines you were talking about earlier and the ones females read. And besides females now a days are a sales pitch, they are mostly mascots for corporations and people in power.

It is only from the attention of a man that a woman can feel beautiful, you think? Explain then, how a woman can feel beautiful alone in her own home? Why she would put on make up while alone, or clothes which please her esthetic senses?

WTF are you talking about. Do you like read at all? Or do you just spout things you think and try to somehow squeeze them into something that I wrote. Tully you do suck at communicating.

I'm not sure what your getting at but it sounds like some sort of asexual creature. In which case, does not exist on this earth. An asexual woman, its kind of an oxymoron and contradiction dont you think?

Hm. That sounds like the perspective of a guy who has difficulty attracting women, and instead of acknowledging he shows a lack of personal empowerment through his behavior, just chalks it up to not having the correct possessions. -Because that is an excuse which avoids introspection and acknowledgement of internal flaws in judgement and self discipline.

Nope that is the world you live in, and the velvet drapes which have been thrown over it. You all have set your rules and you will life and die by them. I merely got better things to do then play games with idiots. Not that its not fun, but it gets old fast. And there really is nothing there but glitter.

All I can say is I disagree. I have direct experience of otherwise, having been a woman attracted to men who had no car or money. We each have different opinions on that, according to our differing life experiences, I guess.

And yet you have vehemently said the exact opposite on this thread a few times and on other threads which i can remember you being on more then a few times, in fact you specifically said guys with wealth and money turn you on in them. I can only say make up your mind already, or like I told you before. Make a schedule of the days and months or ages you would like one guy with money and one without money, or if this is a age thing through out the life of a female make a list of those as well.

Till then I dont think anything you say means anything.

How is that a man who has a female already (that is content with what they have together) will seek to have a promotion at work, for example? Or get into a competative sports match with another man? Do you not perceive any other urge or draw behind that?

People need hobbies, and how else would they do? Play bingo? Besides how else would humans and females tell if there in love and all that stuff. They must contrast and compare, it is the basis of there existence, there all encompassing world. You were going on not that long ago how all the females at your work are supposedly jealous of you because of your husband and looks, and I am quite sure you and most especially him has gotten plenty of attention.

Like I said, there is little else to it.

You have the right to your opinion. I am not ready to be "sure" about the internal thoughts and intents she has, because I don't know her. I am aware, however that there are multiple possibilities- they are not limited to money (she has a lot of that already). I do not share the view that only motivations men or women can have is money or sex.

Like I said pick the days and times when one goes and the other doesn't. Contradicting yourself must get old even for you.

Okay, I will try to re-word for you. For example, if the other doesn't understand what is said, someone who cares will make effort to use different wording, to use metaphors, examples, which can better aid the listener to understand, according to their specific personality. That takes time, it is a longer route.

Dude I am not going to sit here explain every little detail in things to you. I just assume you can grasp the basics, but that may not be the case. Do you want me to make you a metaphor? A turtle and a rabbit are racing, the turtle wins in the stories, and the rabbit in real life, but both eventually get eaten by the tiger. Such is life lets move on, who wants to go play pin the tail on the donkey.
I could go on, but no I cant because I dont want to waste time and effort.

The person who doesn't care would not bother- they would simply say, "I told you already, you didn't get it the first time, you are just an idiot then."

So basically you want me to lie about what I think on things, or use words in such a way that nobody is none the wiser...Sure I can do that.

For many people, that short route doesn't work. They need to pass from visible exterior evidence to internal experience - a woman might need to see the face she has as beautiful, a man might need to see the car he has as forceful, for that internal power to be "real" and believable to them inside. So they have to go through that longer route of starting with the superficial and integrating it within. So be it. A person who does not care would not help them do that, they would just say, "You are an idiot" and make no further effort.

So basically what your are saying is that you want me to help superficial wiseasses fell better about themselfs. Well in Tyras case I am sure she is felling better all the way to the bank. And in your case, well from what I seen you got no real issues. And to those that do have actual real issues, I may try. But the others, they can go suck a lemon it would give them that purulent look they like so much.

re-reading, I got the following feeling- we might have a problem communicating here because we do not refer to the same thing when the word "Power" is used? You do understand that I am speaking of "internal" experience of power... of mastery over self, not others? Not external power over others? Right?

NO! What happened there is that you just now realized your old tirade of the whole power and wealth thing is not going to work, and so you daftly switched horses, hoping you would get farther riding another color.

But in all we can argue the meanings of words for an eternity. I got better things to do then argue the meaning and constant new meanings to words you keep switching around on. But hey people need hobbies, for all I know you may get off on that stuff, in which case there is likely a site and place for that, or maybe a different thread.

Let me ask you something if you take the H out of H20, is it still wet? Because that is so far what you have been doing, I suppose its not your fault. After all your just some female who probably has plenty of head noders around her, I mean if somebody does not tell you your wrong, you eventually just keep on believing you right. And here I thought females and especial your type was practiced in the art of convincing those who wanted to at first be convinced.

Remember its the number rule of those who play at being a psychologist.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

No offense but you even suck at dissing people, so ya why try it?

"Dissing people" is not a thing I wish to become good at, it is something which sabotages my own intents and choices.
I try not to do it. It is not productive in communication.

Personal empowerment does not necessarily mean social status.

Generally it does, especially among females and there outlook on everything and especially the world and society. The modern female and society is pretty much indistinguishable in both thought and habit.

How do you fit in the ever-complained about attraction to "bad boys" into this hypothesis ? Why so many women go for the guys who are the rebels of society, instead of the nice guys? The "bad boy" has no social status... and yet women go nuts for them.

My opinion is that it is the draw of a strong personal power. I came to this conclusion through honest introspection and deep discussion with other female friends over the last 30 years.

Many places and everywhere, some you would not believe if I told you, but mostly by looking around me and in the world at large in general.

So.... that would explain comments like "The modern female and society is pretty much indistinguishable in both thought and habit." which at first glance, seems non-sensical- but if you are forming your idea of the feminine psyche through looking around you at the outward appearences of society, you will gain an idea that that society puts forth, through media and propaganda. -That women and men are mindless slaves to their sex drives and desire to have money and buy things.

It might be interesting for you to do some in depth exploration- get to know women deeper, so that they share with you what their feelings and motivations are. A long term relationship can be an opportunity to communicate on a deeper level and find out what is underneath that image capitalist society is broadcasting.

edit on 29-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

And besides females now a days are a sales pitch, they are mostly mascots for corporations and people in power.

Even in the animal kingdom, having a numerous group of females is a sign of power for a male in a social animal.
This urge goes way deep beyond corporations.

WTF are you talking about. Do you like read at all? Or do you just spout things you think and try to somehow squeeze them into something that I wrote. Tully you do suck at communicating.

This is your version of effective communication techniques..? How's that working out for you? Do you really get a lot of exchange going with people who share their deepest thoughts with you? Or do they "go away" ?

I'm not sure what your getting at but it sounds like some sort of asexual creature. In which case, does not exist on this earth. An asexual woman, its kind of an oxymoron and contradiction dont you think?

Okay, to help you out, it seems you have never had a long term relationship with a woman. If you know any men that are married, ask them if they do not find their wives putting on pretty things, or make up, and admiring themselves in the mirror, with no one around.

This is common for many women to do. They have drives and desires which are not sexual in nature, (just as men do).
They have a self consciousness as well, that is not totally dependent upon sexual attention from others.

I merely got better things to do then play games with idiots.

Why enter debate upon relationships between men and women, if you not only have little to no experience of them, but have no desire or intent to ever take part in them?

I don't know what kinds of video games you play, but I certainly would not pretend to know all about them! I would undoubtedly make a fool of myself, and it would serve me no purpose.

All I can say is I disagree. I have direct experience of otherwise, having been a woman attracted to men who had no car or money.

And yet you have vehemently said the exact opposite on this thread a few times and on other threads which i can remember you being on more then a few times, in fact you specifically said guys with wealth and money turn you on in them.

Then, as now, you refused to acknowledge that I refered to "POWER".. Powerful men! It seems you are unable to separate "power" and "material wealth".

How can you grasp what a powerful will is? What personal power is?

A powerful man has a self discipline over his mind so that he can focus on his goals (whatever they may be) and not trip himself up with misdirected actions or words. It is... integrity.

Watch the focus of a lion, or an eagle, when preparing to attack. Their eyes do not waver elsewhere; their attention does not fly from their intent; they do not waste energy looking at what other animals around are doing, or whether they look good, etc. They have one thing in mind and they direct all their energy into that intent.

They channel and control their energy and attention. That is self mastery, that is power.

The guy may be intending to simply ride 6 miles on his bike, but if he does it without sidetracking himself, without stopping to yell some insults at someone along the way, or admire the scenery, he has power.
If he can undertake a project without sabotaging his own goal through distracting and irrelevant actions, he has POWER.

Some men don't have any specific reason to want material wealth at the moment, so their power is not being directed towards that goal, but they will still have women falling at their feet anyway- because the guy is in control of himself. That means he can be trusted to control his instincts and animal drives, and put them to constructive use instead of wasting them or abusing them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join