It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola spread 'unavoidable' in Europe due to extensive travel - WHO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

he spread of Ebola in Europe is "unavoidable", the World Health Organization said shortly after the contraction of four new cases was announced in Spain.

“Such imported cases and similar events as have happened in Spain will happen also in the future, most likely,” stated the WHO European director Zsuzsanna Jakab told Reuters.

RT

Well isn't that just great?

They give up like this?? So we're doomed no matter what?

I'll be posting updates
edit on 7-10-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
More cases of Ebola spreading in Europe 'unavoidable', WHO says

(Reuters) - More cases of the deadly Ebola virus will almost inevitably spread in Europe but the continent is well prepared to control the disease, the World Health Organisation's (WHO) regional director said on Tuesday.

Reuters

How is the Continent well prepared, when even a nurse on the highest level of quarantine got infected???

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So these new cases of people that contracted it, how did they come into contact with the virus? Was it direct physical contact?

ETA: The nurse that contracted it in Spain did so in a make shift isolation chamber that was not a negative pressure chamber.
edit on 10/7/2014 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
So these new cases of people that contracted it, how did they come into contact with the virus? Was it direct physical contact?

The nurse in Spain was the alleged first person. Her Husband is now quarantined, too.

Sh#t just got real..

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas
They are not painting a rosy picture for everyone, that's for sure.

Problem is, I think that they are holding back on us.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Hellas
They are not painting a rosy picture for everyone, that's for sure.

People are getting scared more and more and soon they will avoid travelling or being even near heavy populated places.

This could be the beginning of a very dark period.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

The nurse that contracted it in Spain did so in a make shift isolation chamber that was not a negative pressure chamber

Granted, I would definitely want a negative pressure chamber available... But how does that chamber prevent a disease that spreads only via contact with infected body fluids?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The nurse that contracted it in Spain did so in a make shift isolation chamber that was not a negative pressure chamber

Granted, I would definitely want a negative pressure chamber available... But how does that chamber prevent a disease that spreads only via contact with infected body fluids?

Well said!! Soon they'll announce that it has mutated to an airborne virus.

ETA: Well they need a way to get it to Asia, too right?
edit on 7-10-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It doesn't, but how does a nurse that was wearing all the proper gear come into contact with the virus, if it isn't airborne?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

It doesn't, but how does a nurse that was wearing all the proper gear come into contact with the virus, if it isn't airborne?

There is a ‘nightmare’ chance that the Ebola virus could become airborne if the epidemic is not brought under control fast enough, the chief of the UN’s Ebola mission has warned.

Telegraph

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

he spread of Ebola in Europe is "unavoidable", the World Health Organization said shortly after the contraction of four new cases was announced in Spain.

“Such imported cases and similar events as have happened in Spain will happen also in the future, most likely,” stated the WHO European director Zsuzsanna Jakab told Reuters.

RT

Well isn't that just great?

They give up like this?? So we're doomed no matter what?

I'll be posting updates

I could be wrong on this but is not always this time of year that a killer outbreak of this kind of virus epidemic breaks out?

Bird flu, pig flu and all the varients always seem to come out roundabout now.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Exactly.
WHO and the CDC scare me as much as ebola at the moment.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I agree. The Dallas case was announced by the press, not the CDC.

So the first impression is one of mistrust. How many others have they 'unannounced'?

Like Fukushima went dark after the first announced radioactivity reached American shores, the "official line" will go dark on Ebola new cases after a certain point, too. I hope not. I hope the goddamn press stands up for once and becomes the independent voice they are supposed to be.

I have heard a few "health officials" being interviewed and slip by saying the current "out break"-- whoops, "case" on live tV. One was a Rachel Maddow on CNN last night. Sorry, no link.

Freudian slips I am sure…

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

A tear in her gloves perhaps, or how she takes the gear off after she's done. There are specific procedures for undressing that must be followed exactly. If it was airborne at this point it would have spread to many more people there at once, not a onesey, twosey thing.

Not saying your suggestion is impossible, just there are other explanations, in that case.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Also if they are so concerned with how this is being contained, then why did they not test the nurse in the Spain case when she asked to be tested? Why did it take her later insisting they test her before they would administer the test?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You got me. Stupid is as stupid does. Just bringing the infection home is as dumb as I can imagine. its bad enough overseas…

Further: I think as this plays out we will find two tiers of response from health industries. The one for people with money and the one for less affluent.

People with clout or hi finance will be treated and the rest of us will be left to our own devices. They figure they will be safe behind their castle walls. That is a sad state of affairs. But the reality of it.

Like health care now, in general.
edit on 7-10-2014 by intrptr because: further

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Im only going to start to worry when it goes to France.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Because its mutated and airborne. Unlike previous outbreaks which were not and easily containable.
Ebola has always been manageable when taking the right protective measures and procedures.
However, if airborne that goes out of the window!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

ETA: The nurse that contracted it in Spain did so in a make shift isolation chamber that was not a negative pressure chamber.

I just looked up when the priest in Madrid died and it was on the 12th of August. She started to become aware of her symptoms on the 30th of September. (which is way to late, since you have 2-21 days until symptoms show.)

So everybody she had contact with after the 3rd or 4th of September, is a potential infected person.

There is just now way anybody would remember who he interacted with from that date on.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It's a bit like the Story of the movie "Outbreak" with Dustin Hoffman and Rene Russo.

Storyline
In July of 1967, In Motaba River Valley, Zaire, a virus with a 100% mortality rate starts infecting people. The virus becomes known as the Motaba virus, and it's so deadly that it causes severe bleeding and liquefies internal organs, killing within 3 days. The virus wipes out Motaba River Valley, and a devastatingly huge fire bomb is dropped onto Motaba River Valley in order to reduce the chances of further infection. The bomb was dropped on the orders of corrupt General Donald McClintock, even though an army surgeon, General Bill Ford, was against the idea. 27 years later, in 1994, there is another outbreak in Motaba River Valley. At the United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID), located at Fort Detrick in Maryland, Colonel Sam Daniels is doing research on the Motaba virus, and so is his ex-wife Roberta Keough, who works at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia. A monkey carrying the Motaba virus stows away on a ...

Sounds like Motaba is actually Ebola. Looks like it too!

Current Ebola Virus DNA Strand

Motaba Virus DNA Strand From The Movie

The similarities are uncanny. Except the Ebola virus is not airborne............YET!

edit on 7-10-2014 by Tedgoat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join