It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurdish protesters storm Dutch parliament in The Hague!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Kurdish protesters storm Dutch parliament in The Hague

Several dozen Kurds have stormed the Dutch parliament building in The Hague, making their way inside the lobby following a spontaneous demonstration against Islamic State fighters attacking the Kurdish town of Kobani in Syria.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

RT

I'll be posting updates

UPDATE

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Dozens of Kurds stormed the national parliament building in The Hague on Monday night in a protest against Islamic State fighters who are attacking a Kurdish town in northern Syria, Kurdish officials in the Netherlands said.
Riot squads and hundreds of officers were deployed and helicopters were flying overhead, said a demonstrator at the scene.
Around 100 protesters forced their way through to the main hall of the building and were sitting on the floor with banners, one of which read "Stop Kobani."
"The situation in Kobani is getting of control. IS has stormed the town and a lot of civilians are being killed. We want the West to do more to stop the situation in Syria," said the protester, who asked not to be named.

Source

edit on 6-10-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

No biggie, I was reading it about an hour ago.

There are just as many protesters as police and they are calm.

Police is now talking to them.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The Background Story to this:

2,000 evacuated as ISIS flag raised on outskirts of Kobani, Syria

The black Islamic State flag has been raised over a building on the outskirts of a strategic town of Kobani on the Syrian-Kurdish border, according to various sources. However, Kurds defending the border town say that the city has not yet fallen.

Attacks in the town intensified on Sunday when Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS or ISIL) militants besieged the city.

The black flag was seen at the top of a four story building, according to the images shot from Turkey. A Turkish military officer who preferred to remain anonymous confirmed to Reuters that the flag had been that of the Islamists.

RT

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The Kurds in Syria are fleeing to the Turkish border and being denied passage. The Kurds in Turkey are protesting at the border and being gassed and turned back by the Turks. What are the Kurds doing in the Hague now? Protesting ISIS?

Something is missing from this narrative, I hope someone pierces the veil of western main stream media propaganda and tells us whats really going on.

The Kurds want their own country. Since the US controls Iraq and wants control of Syria, and since Saddam was allowed to murder the Kurds with VX nerve gas provided by the US government, I have a sneaky suspicion this is not all it appears to be.

I hear Turkey is massing tanks on the border and even shelling Kobani in Syria.

Remembering Turkey is NATO and won't do squat without permission from Headquarters.

edit on 6-10-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The Kurds in Syria are fleeing to the Turkish border and being denied passage. The Kurds in Turkey are protesting at the border and being gassed and turned back by the Turks. What are the Kurds doing in the Hague now? Protesting ISIS?

Something is missing from this narrative, I hope someone pierces the veil of western main stream media propaganda and tells us whats really going on.

The Kurds want their own country. Since the US controls Iraq and wants control of Syria, and since Saddam was allowed to murder the Kurds with VX nerve gas provided by the US government, I have a sneaky suspicion this is not all it appears to be.

Remembering Turkey is NATO and won't do squat without permission from Headquarters.

Turkey's goals is to eradicate the Kurds. They'll team up with ISIS.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
They want to stay till they have spoken to our Parliament, I don`t think the police is going to let them stay all night, it`s now 23:51 over here.

Good luck to them, they probably will get kicked out if they don`t go themselves within a few hours.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I really dont understand quite what the coalition is supposed to be doing. All afternoon the photo of ISIS fighters with black flag as been plastered all over papers and internet. If it is possible to take a photograph from Turkish border why isnt it possible to strike them from the air or have a sniper shooting at them! Why are Turkey just sat there doing nothing? I know the history of Turkey and the kurds isnt a good one but surely Turkey should be concerned for its own citizens. Someone has also commented ISIS supporters will already be in Turkey so the invasion wont necessarily come from the borders but from within Turkey and the borders. Next step after this Europe?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Turkey's goals is to eradicate the Kurds. They'll team up with ISIS.

You mean NATO wants the Kurds dead. ISIs is a bastard child of US foreign policy, imo.

So the idea that Turks are shooting and US is bombing inside Syria has nothing whatsoever to do with Syria…
is what we are supposed to think, right?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Demonstrations also in Stockholm, Berlin, Vienna and on airports.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
In Turkey are also protests and Turkish police is using water canons and tear gas to try to break it up, and there are cars burning.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thoughts from Istanbul ( Constantinapolis)

So far 160.000 more Kurds have crossed the border and the orderly admittance of refugees is taking place day and night .

Most Kurds in Turkey actually want Turkey to go to war against ISIS . Most Turkish Nationalists are also on the bandwagon to go teach these " Arab and Foreign terrorists " a lesson about Islam . After all , Istanbul is still the house of Last Caliph .
Kurds living in Turkey are increasingly asking PKK to go fight against ISIS .

The Turkish and Kurdish Nationalists are actually aligning . For example ; existing Iraqi Kurdistan is expected to make a decision to re-join Turkey proper if Iraq's break up is inevitable.
Similar scenario is also considered for parts of Syria too . After all these people's grandparents were all Ottomans less then 100 years ago.

The Turkish plan to join the coalition has brought out the fact that all 3 countries ( USA , UK , Turkey ) have their own different agendas in relation to the areas future .

Turks will go for safe zones in Syria and ask USA and UK for No Fly Zone . Turkish army will only go further then these safe zones once USA & UK agrees to go against Esad too and not just ISIS . Turks don't want to kill ISIS to face Esad .

The safe zones will probably be declared UN protected area and Turkish government will ask for UN to send UN troops .

Under this scenario , incursion in to Syrian territory will be with a limited mandate .

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Do not mistake the Kurds for a single group or that they have the same agenda. They do not. They do not want thier own country they want a few countries in different places becuase the Kurds do not get agree with each other any more than anybody else in the region.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The Turks want all non-Sunnis destroyed. If the Sunnis happen to be Kurds, the Turks want them destroyed. Genocide is in the Turkish DNA, and ISIS/ISIL/IS/Daesh is spawned from the same strand of madness that infects Sunni Islam in the main.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti
a reply to: intrptr

The Turks want all non-Sunnis destroyed. If the Sunnis happen to be Kurds, the Turks want them destroyed. Genocide is in the Turkish DNA, and ISIS/ISIL/IS/Daesh is spawned from the same strand of madness that infects Sunni Islam in the main.

There are millions of Shia Turks(Azerbaycan,Iran) , Christian Turks(Chuvashistan,Baskortistan,Moldovia) as well as Shaman Turks(Yakutistan,Mongolia,China) .
Needless to say there there are also millions of Sunni Turks too .

So over all Sunni Turkish interest is not to kill all of Shia Azerbaycan Turks . What an absurd perpective to think that Turks want all Non Sunnis to be destroyed. Far from it , Azerbaycan & Turkey Turks are setting an example with their motto = " Two government but one nation " .

Think it through pls .

Turkey's interest is not to have a Shia nor sunni ISIS belt at her southern borders .

Turkey wants secular Arab democracies because this is in the mutual interest to everyone including Turks and Arabs .

edit on 6-10-2014 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

They do not want their own country they want a few countries in different places because the Kurds do not get agree with each other any more than anybody else in the region.

Well sure, they still want to fly the rebel flag in the southern US, too. I think the Kurd majority though want back that place that use to be called Kurdistan.
edit on 6-10-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

The Turks want all non-Sunnis destroyed. If the Sunnis happen to be Kurds, the Turks want them destroyed.

Yah, okay and the white establishment hate blacks in Ferguson, too. I meant what the Turks do militarily is closely watched and controlled by NATO command. They won't lift a finger unless told to. Saying the Turks want this or that is dismissing their role in NATO.

Genocide is in the Turkish DNA,

NATO is their DNA, foremost. Racism goes along for the ride.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Your reply makes the most sense so far. What do you think of Turkeys status in NATO but not the EU?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Your reply makes the most sense so far. What do you think of Turkeys status in NATO but not the EU?

EU with it's current status first needs to admit Bosnia and Albania into the Union.

Of course when it comes to protecting the Europeans with NATO , Turks were/are doing a great job so far .
When it comes to fairplay on the commercial affairs , EU it seems doesn't want equal footing with Turks.
Example : Anything made or grown in EU countries can be sold in Turkey without tariffs or trade restrictions or Taxes.( There are exceptions though )
Anything that is made in Turkey is subjected to tariffs , trade restriction and/or taxes before being allowed in EU countries .

This is obviously nothing new in history . Europeans have always sought capitulations from Turks and they mostly got it .

Turkey is heading for a triple growth of GDP in next 10 years . So economically it will only become more attractive to EU then ever.

Culturally speaking , some argue that Turks are not of European stock nor European Culture . Both arguments are actually fallacies .

By and large I think it is disgracefull for EU to live under Turkish protection while denying equal access rights to Turks .

Turkey's status with NATO is how it should be . Turkey's EU status is , as I said , a disgrace .

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Turkey's EU status is , as I said , a disgrace .

Thanks for that reply. Are there any predominantly Muslim nations in the EU?

Theres your sign.
edit on 7-10-2014 by intrptr because: bb code and change

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Turkey's EU status is , as I said , a disgrace .

Thanks for that reply. Are there any predominantly Muslim nations in the EU?

Theres your sign.

No because Europe is a more of cultural union not a geographical union.

Here's a Video of what happened yesterday in Hamburg, Germany.

Pro-ISIS clashes against Kurds

top topics

<<   2 >>

join