It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denial of JESUS = End of Humanity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bintim
There was no Jesus. Get over it.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. I stumbled across a twitter beef with Deadmau5 a couple of years ago and judging by Deadmau5's reaction to the individual has made me start to think otherwise.

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If this is how you think christianity works, then you need to go back to square one and start all over....Because you don't even remotely have it right with what you said here... Neither has any other non christian here....good try though..I am not even remotely afraid to die and I know a lot of christians are not...It is not about getting rewarded...having peace of mind...or anything like that, at least to me....I actually don't see the point in trying to explain it to you as you can even understand why you would believe in a higher being in the 1st place...Are you one of the " enlightened " that just thinks you live and die and thats it....?

My faith is about thankfulness.... That someone had enough love for me to come and live a crappy poor life and then sacrifice themself for all the wrong things I would ever do in this life..Before this the wages of sin were DEATH ( not a physical death, the second final, spiritual death ).Thankfulness that it was a choice that did not need to happen so that I had a chance to yes, be saved...Thankfulness of the good things in my life and the understanding of why the bad things happened( growth )....This is the very basis of love...and thats what Christianity is about...something well over your head it would seem.....

Athiests views appear to be that " Well we don't know why life is here or how it started, but its definitely got NOTHING to do with a GOD !!! " How ridiculous.....Why is it so hard to believe in a being greater than you ? a reply to: Woodcarver

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It has been 2000 years or so since anyone saw this character Jesus and the end of humanity hasn't ended yet. The world has been waiting for the second coming since the first century so he is taking his sweet old time. The end of the world has been predicted since 30ce over 200 times and counting by main stream Christianity and its offshoots. Religion is like ice-cream lots of flavours but some have a few more nuts in them.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Lack of respect for others' beliefs = end of humanity. (Most) Christians have no respect for others' beliefs. Of course some atheists bash on Christianity but there are still atheists who simply don't believe in Christ or any god but still respect that you have your beliefs. I'm sure a Hindu, Bhuddist, or pagan have so much more respect for others than most Christians/Catholics. The 5,000,000+ people who died in the crucades, thousands killed in the inquisition, and Salem witch trials prove some pretty good points.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
YOU obviously did not understand i am not goin to argue w you its pointless i was stating a belief i told you im not going to argue cause it cant be proven both ways so stop trying to beat the dead horse a reply to: Woodcarver

Don't you mean you won't talk to some one who disagrees with you? You make a thread like this to bait atheists and now you won't talk about it?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: wyrmboy12
If this is how you think christianity works, then you need to go back to square one and start all over....Because you don't even remotely have it right with what you said here... Neither has any other non christian here....good try though..I am not even remotely afraid to die and I know a lot of christians are not...It is not about getting rewarded...having peace of mind...or anything like that, at least to me....I actually don't see the point in trying to explain it to you as you can even understand why you would believe in a higher being in the 1st place...Are you one of the " enlightened " that just thinks you live and die and thats it....?

My faith is about thankfulness.... That someone had enough love for me to come and live a crappy poor life and then sacrifice themself for all the wrong things I would ever do in this life..Before this the wages of sin were DEATH ( not a physical death, the second final, spiritual death ).Thankfulness that it was a choice that did not need to happen so that I had a chance to yes, be saved...Thankfulness of the good things in my life and the understanding of why the bad things happened( growth )....This is the very basis of love...and thats what Christianity is about...something well over your head it would seem.....

Athiests views appear to be that " Well we don't know why life is here or how it started, but its definitely got NOTHING to do with a GOD !!! " How ridiculous.....Why is it so hard to believe in a being greater than you ? a reply to: Woodcarver

Here is an old story, but i'll retell it.

There is this great guy who has built the most wonderful school for all the children. Any one can send their kids there, it's open to all but they have to use the busses provided by the school and these busses have very strict yet arbitrary rules. Most of the kids won't even make it to the school because the rules are impossible to follow and there are so many different versions of the rules, nobody really knows what they are. For those kids, this kind fellow has built a horrible torture chamber in the basement to burn and punish them for not following his rules he made up.

Im glad you understand the purpose of a scapegoat. Who else would you let be punished and killed so that you can have a more comfortable life?

So if you had to guess, how many people actually make it to some kind of heaven?
Probably not many huh? 10%? Maybe less of all humans ever? All those people, all those babies? They are all burning and being tortured according to your bible. And your ok with that, because your gonna be saved. Well thank god for that.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It wasent to bait anyone whether bhuddist, muslim, jewish, catholic, satanist, and last but not least athiest the problem was i made a statement you cant understand or agree w so you attack it instead of being an adult and saying ok let him have his beliefs the only thing your trying to do is discredited me and my beliefs...so no im not going to respond cause you have no good intentions but to discredit where i truly care for people my beliefs may not be spot on like some fellow christians that have come tore you a new one and have been smarter than to engage in a futile argument w you...sorry bud keep burning your minutes remember yours are counted...a reply to: Woodcarver

edit on 10-10-2014 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You have proven alot w what you just said and needs no further explanation one who truly grasps what is and was taught understands it but for the amount of knowledge you have you really dont understand..a reply to: Woodcarver

edit on 10-10-2014 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This is most def a bait thread. Your claim, "denial of jesus will end humanity"

Well lets do some math. There are around 2 billion people who follow at least one of the 30,000 dif christian denominations. That leaves around 5 billion people who would openly deny jesus in one way or another.

Christianity has the fastest declining population for any organized religion.

Oh yea. And you haven't explained why this claim is valid. You have just been asserting that jesus is good and disbelief is bad.

The reason i do this is to show that there are no valid reasons to believe in jesus as a magical miracle healer and savior for all.

I didn't see where any one had anything valid to add to your argument so i don't reckon anyone "tore me a new one". All i saw was people making unsubstantiated claims and opinions with nothing to back them up. I can eat that all day. Every time someone fails to site facts and show their work, It only serves to strengthen my side of the discourse.

Thanks for the win.

Denial of jesus will not end humanity.

a reply to: ATF1886

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
And neither have you substantiated any evidence so i guess you can call this a draw... sorry as much knowledge you claim you have only bashed i can give you scriptual quotes and scientist proven things all day but the ignorant mind sees what it wants good day to you sir...a reply to: Woodcarver

2 Corinthians 6:14 ESV
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

2 Chronicles 15:12-13 ESV
And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, "should be put to death", whether young or old, man or woman.

1 Corinthians 15:33 ESV
Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”

Athiest link
edit on 23-10-2014 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join