It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denial of JESUS = End of Humanity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

it's hard to explain, you'd have to do your own investigation into why every other form of kitchen sink messiah is tolerated but the so-called 'real deal' (Jesus) is a big no-no

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Blimey what a twat.
Op you are following a book made by man not god.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
a reply to: proob4

it's hard to explain, you'd have to do your own investigation into why every other form of kitchen sink messiah is tolerated but the so-called 'real deal' (Jesus) is a big no-no

I'll tear them all down. This is a thread about jesus though. Make athread about each of the others and i will visit your threads.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Once again misinterpretation but i did not come to judge let alone argue with you like i said before its my faith i will not budge call me what you want keep taking passages and turning it to your benefit thats fine thats your belief and i am not the judge faith goes beyond what can be proven and what cannot be proven my friend i leave you to your endeavors of trying to prove the unproveable continue living in your fantasy that it did not just like i live in my "SUPPOSED" FANTASY.. a reply to: Woodcarver

I didnt misinterpret any passages. I quoted them word for word. If you would like to discuss them, then that would be interesting but you have no proof and therfor you need faith to justify your continued belief.

At least answer this. What is the consequence for not following gods rules?

OP thinks it's the end of humanity. What a horrible thing to teach people.
edit on 8-10-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
I dont condemn any one i am not the condemer everyone is entitled to thier beliefs like i said "FreeWill" though it may not be in line with my beliefes does not mean i condemn when Jesus was here he was here to help the needy!!a reply to: suz62

Free will? Do you pray for a god to take care of your family and friends? Do you believe that god or jesus guides you? Or is manipulating the world to help you out because your a believer?

Do you think Gods do this for anyone? In near accidents, do you thank god that no one was hurt? In catastrophes, do you pray to god to help those in trouble? Do you believe that everything works out according to some god's plan?

When you earn a reward, do you thank god for his help? When you slight someone, do you ask god for forgiveness?

These are all the opposite of free will.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Good for you! Look how many come on here to attack you for your beliefs, rather than just let you be, or even respect you for the choice you have made for yourself. . It's because we've chosen to live our lives without thinking about the consequences. I'm guilty of it to...living as we want without thinking about it. That's the easy way out. It scares them, ya know, regardless of what they pretend. They may be wrong after all, and then what? This is how they (the non-believer) deals with it, by lashing out at you, the believer. It matters none, because we've all f'd up this world so badly it's getting ready to bring balance back to nature. The signs are everywhere...judgment day is coming very soon and we'll all learn the truth!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

So, what about those uncounted billions over the eons who had never heard about Jesus. Are they condemned? Or are they given a free pass? These two questions more than any go to show the nature of Jesus/God.

It is said in order in enter the Kingdom, one must believe. This is why Jesus came to Earth. To show the way. However, he set his sights on a single group of people. Not the Asians, not the Africans and especially not the Native Americans. So, tell me, if Denial of Jesus = End of humanity, what about those people he never bothered going to? Saved or not?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thank you sir im not lookin to make stars or friends i was merely stating My Faith and My Belief obviously one can do that round theese woods... yea im not worried if im wrong im wrong i die life goes on and WHAT IF IM RIGHT??? but because woodcarver says so maybe we should all run and jump off the cliff with him... im jokin calm down relax see alot of people assume im a bible thumpin preaching preacher im jst a simple christian with a simple belief reply to: Rezlooper

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Cant answer for them let alone anyone My names ATF1886 not GOD...a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
YOU obviously did not understand i am not goin to argue w you its pointless i was stating a belief i told you im not going to argue cause it cant be proven both ways so stop trying to beat the dead horse a reply to: Woodcarver

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I suggest you read "Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth" by Reza Azlan. Also, if you can find it, he gave an excellent interview to Terry Gross on NPR'S Fresh Air. The book, to me at least, appears to be a great piece of research that accurately depicts the political environment, apocalyptic fervor, and the Zealot movement in Roman Palestine at the time of Jesus. Also it provides just what it claims in the title, an accurate description of Jesus the man using well sourced and researched historical sources as well as "Q-source" Biblical material as oppossed to relying on books written by men who did not know Jesus, dogma established for reasons of political and social control at the council of Nicea(a purely political decision making body with no interest in spirituality whatsoever) and the entire lot of personally/institutionally motivated statements regarding Jesus that have come down through the centuries. The book also does a great job providing information with regard to a number of formative events in the early church. I hate to challenge your faith, and you are more than entitled to it, but I find faith in light of reliable historical evidence a bit odd. That is to say what is now Christianity is not what was Christianity and what Jesus now represents is not what he has always represented to all people. Case in point; The Gnostic Gospels. The gospel of Thomas is a particularly good starting point. Another interesting resource is "Ancient Christian Magic: Coptic Texts of Ritual Power" edited by Marvin W. Meyer and Richard Smith, which discusses exactly what the title suggests. I personally despise most organized religion on the grounds that for the most part religion is right up thee with, and likely predates, money as a mechanism of institutional control. Through the ages, Christianity included, there has been corruption and cruelty on a massive scale with lies abound. That said I am not opposed to spirituality. I do believe that there is in fact a universal unconsciousness or universal/quantum mind, some place in the ether where soul can exist at perhaps varying astral planes. I very much subscribe to the concept of synchronicity as pioneered by Jung and find many of the precepts of Eastern Wisdom to be quite wise indeed. I also believe in The Truth but loathe the notion that any one person, institution or belief holds a monopoly on it. They say all roads lead to Rome, perhaps many paths lead to The Truth. I find it very interesting that some schools of Gnosticism and Buddhism define many aspects of the human experience as suffering, perhaps a Hell on Earth. As I understand it, the relief from that suffering is achieving a state of disconnectedness with material reality and and a sort of assention to or union with the collective consciousness/quantum mind/The Truth/The One. Sorry to get off on a rant here but I thought I'd add my thoughts

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Funny stuff, according to your own fairy tale, this is exactly what happened to this Jesus Character, no one recognized him as a son of god, and got rid of him,

I think even if this story was completely true, the BELIEVERS , the CHRISTIANS ! WILL BE THE FIRST TO TRY AND KILL HIM AGAIN.

Secondly, you guys deep down are just completely lost, and believe all of the horror stories about how you will go to hell.

How would you feel if you knew BETTER, and actually could do something about this lunacy ???? You would rather stay in this GOD-FORSAKEN system, forever, then maybe so ye shall!!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Faith and Belief are the CORNERSTONES of delusion, and mass foolishness.

Imagine if anyone actually tried to do the miracles Jesus spoke about in the Bible as you being able to do and more, it would totally go against your insane religion that teaches to worship a master.

Master Servant Slave, every religion in the end is the same, NONE OF THEM are even REMOTELY TRUE.... and deep inside every single one of you know it.

This is why these deceptions work so well, they just use multiple facets, and cause you to think you have to choose one way or another.

THE ONE WAY, that is NEVER SPOKEN OF, LETS TRY GOING THAT WAY.......... "Oh Noes That Might be DEVIL WORSHIP!"

WRONG, DIVORCE YOURSELF FROM EVERY THOUGHT YOU HAVE LEARNED HERE, and start OVER.

I think its high time to actually KNOW and FIND out EVERYTHING, not have beliefs chosen for us like a Multiple Choice Questionnaire LOL.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Plenty of jesusheads are in denial and humanity hasn't ended yet.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
So was George Washingon and Ben Franklin....Can terrorists ( Our current government and their co-horts ) really call others terrorists? Well sure, but its the pot calling the kettle black...a reply to: Zcustosmorum

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Agnostic here

This is a bait thread imo but ill bite

Correct me if I am wrong OP but didn't humanity exist before Jesus ? Or was it that human beings were not humane until the Christ child was born in that manger ? I am sure humanity will do just fine and flourish as it did when we were pagans in the event Christianity is no more. Good news for you Christianity is not in its death throes ... not yet. I agree with Jesus teachings just as I do Buddha but i remain agnostic for logical reasons. I wont debate the existence either because it is a moot argument.

See this is the problem OP, and this is what makes people frown on your ilk when you say these things, if Jesus works for you great if believing in Jesus makes you happy and makes you a better person im totally behind ya. But really this is not about Christianity and human kind going hand & hand in to extinction, if this is going to be a numbers game of Christians vs Muslims vs Jews vs Hindu's vs Atheists ect then i have to shake my head. You cant reach people with such scenarios as your headline states as some ultimatum. That is not spreading the word of Jesus either.

As I understand it. It's about his message of love and peace not us vs them. So many Christians fail to get the simplicity of it. You are a lost bunch. And this is why Christianity is being challenged, that plus people are tired of the scheme that is organized religion itself. Do you know the difference between religious doctrine and spirituality OP? You can be a christian without being religious. You can be devoid of the whole Bible and be a christian its what you do, how you treat others and finding that inner peace. By living the message. It really is spirituality and you can label yourself a Christian at the same time. Merrily merrily merrily.

As someone brought up in this thread, maybe Humanity will actually begin when organized religion is no more. This I could not agree more. Religion as a whole is counter productive, it discriminates , segregates it divides us it conquers us and commands us to follow a doctrine written by mere mortal men during the dark ages a time of much less civility and far less humane. Religion itself creates more problems than its own mission itself. Unnecessary pain and suffering , wars upon wars all for nothing. So much loss of life in the name of your religion's.

With that said OP try this. Might as well make the best of it if you are taking this path so. Get to know your Bible really well and find someone you think might benefit by being saved by spreading the word of Jesus to them love your neighbor, do on to others blah... all that good stuff. I think you will find this is more effective than making these sort of threads.

Good luck

edit on 9-10-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Been saying that for over a thousand years...in fact every generation has it's nuts whom say the end is near....not happened unless a religious nutjob decides to prove it right by nuking us all.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It is all a ruse just to scare people into the religion and filling the coffers.
Christianity is not the only religion also...many are older and like it or not in civilized society religion is dying off.
Good riddance.
Humanity FTW!!!!.
edit on 9-10-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The truly sad thing op, is this invisible faith that your willing to throw in your family for was and has been thrown down your throat since you were an infant. Stop, think, did the native americans of america know jeseus?Did the celts and the brits before rome shoved jesus down their throats know jeseus. There has been many cultures whom no idea who jeseus is and i bet wouldnt throw their family under the bus persay on a invisible entity whom they have never seen, but just have faith in. Any way just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There was no Jesus. Get over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join