It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima No. 1 at risk of 26-meter tsunami: Tepco

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Fukushima No. 1 at risk of 26-meter tsunami: Tepco

Tokyo Electric Power Co. has warned its stricken Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant could be hit by tsunami as high as 26.3 meters. The deluge would likely cause seawater to mingle with the radiation-tainted water accumulating in the basements of the reactor buildings at the six-unit plant, allowing 100 trillion becquerels of cesium to escape, according to an estimate that Tepco revealed Friday at a meeting of the Nuclear Regulation Authority.

Tepco said a tsunami of that size occurs once every 10,000 to 100,000 years.

The Fukushima No. 1 plant, more than 40 years old, was crippled by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami after waves as high as 15.5 meters...

Source

WOW, those are massive waves, that can`t be good.

If it wasn`t already bad enough over there, if this happens you get another massive contamination of the ocean again. And what about those spend fuel basins are they already emptied, does any one know that ?
edit on 4-10-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

What kind of nonsense scaremongering is this?

It could get hit by a meteorite from the Orion star cluster to ha know

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Okay so... I'm intrigued, but I don't follow where these claims are coming from...

Watch; here I go -

"200 Meter waves will hit the west coast today!"

But where's the evidence?

I don't follow. Supporting... Anything? All I see here is pot-stirring, and a reminder that Fuk. 1 is damaged. Are there earthquakes happening off the coast right now? Why are they proposing this level of catastrophe is going to happen 'now'?

Telemetry? Anything?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Doesn't look good. Stay calm and be prepared.

Japan’s Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) plans to verify the accuracy of Tepco's estimate and the "appropriateness" of countermeasures being taken in the face of the threat posed by the typhoon.

Source

edit on 4-10-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

See now you have my attention.

Eyes up.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It was about the Typhoon.

edit on 4-10-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I actual forgot to put that link also, thanks !

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Hello? Causation? Hello hello?

edit on Rpm100414v092014u40 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Makes more sense now thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Makes more sense now thanks.

Sorry, I`m a bit tired, going offline now seems a better idea.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18494443]BornAgainAlien[/pos

storm surge from the typhoon...should have been included in the first post...not looking good.....hope it doesn't happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

RSOE's link shows the projected track.

Phanfone Track

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

RSOE's link shows the projected track.

Phanfone Track

Good work!

Residents should prepare for widespread street flooding, damage to trees and some structures, power outages and flight cancelations. The worst of Phanfone will blast Tokyo later Sunday night through Monday morning.

The southern coast of Honshu, from the prefectures of Wakayama to Chiba, will bear the brunt of Phanfone's fury. Destructive wind gusts of 160 to 195 kph (100 to 120 mph) threaten to cause widespread and significant damage to tree and structures. Residents should prepare for extensive and lengthy power outages.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

hope someone secures the Cranes ,

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just to make it clear, that article is talking of the chances of a tsunami that size -- that is, a wave or series of waves caused by an earthquake or other major event like a (submarine) volcanic eruption. Tsunamis are seismic waves, not weather events.

So, this article was not about waves from a storm surge. It's simply considering the statistical likelihood of a very large tsunami event, hence the 10,000- to 100,000-year figure.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There is a very important Formula 1 race taking place at Suzuka tomorrow, right at the eye of the tornado at 15:00 (Japan time).
I hope it wont be canceled...

edit on SatSat, 04 Oct 2014 15:12:12 -05001PMkuSaturdaypm by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
Just to make it clear, that article is talking of the chances of a tsunami that size -- that is, a wave or series of waves caused by an earthquake or other major event like a (submarine) volcanic eruption. Tsunamis are seismic waves, not weather events.

So, this article was not about waves from a storm surge. It's simply considering the statistical likelihood of a very large tsunami event, hence the 10,000- to 100,000-year figure.

Just checking in...

Yes, you`re right it, that`s misleading...but thinking about it, that would have been freaking high for a storm surge.

Normally I would have read a bit better, but I`m catching a cold too it think...brain is not working that well, time to hit the sack.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The run off from rain washes down the slope onto, around and in the site anyway. It doesn't take a Tsunami to do that.

Propaganda generated to make us concerned about a rare Tsunami when runoff has been going on all along.

Every time it rains (or they leak).
edit on 4-10-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

They knew all this prior to building such where it is.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Well it looks like someone is listening

So hows that Tsunami doing?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join