It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC is investigating a vomiting passenger at Newark, NJ, airport. Believed to be from Liberia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

No Its me, , father protecting his family, wifey and kids. Grrrrrrrrrah

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

I told you guys back in August and July. Give it a month and it would show up in the US. Check out my previous posts.

Hate to say "I told you so", but I told you so!

Travel from those countries should have been closed months ago!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Don't think that this is the end. It isn't. But people will have to be smart and show love to survive. It takes a special type of person to do that. A new type of human? Is this how evolution and natural selection happens?

I've been following this outbreak since June when I first found out about it and there were only 660 deaths. But I knew that something was very different this time when everyone else I had the courage to talk about Ebola with were sure that this outbreak would just die out like the previous ones. Well everyone now knows that it is not.

I am not planning to help or allow Ebola to kill me, so over the last few months I have figured out ways to avoid the normal human contact you have with everyday strangers in NYC. I've figured out ways to avoid touching subway train poles (which is the biggest hazard for contracting Ebola in a large metropolitan city, IMO) and I just figured out a way to disinfect the door handles in my apartment building if the crap really hits the fan. Bleach spray plus a blow dryer while opening up doors with latex gloves?

It would be a nightmarish way to live if we had to worry about infection 24/7 but we might very well have to. But if we start now and practice staying clean before this virus really starts to show up here, by the time it does show up here we will be smarter people, "advanced" in the ways of avoiding Ebola. Taking precautions at every turn will eventually become second nature, much like killing or avoiding zombies is second nature to the characters in The Walking Dead. It just becomes part of everyday life.

All animals do this. All animals learn and evolve. This may be the crossroads for our species. The ones who will survive this will be the new humans.

My biggest fear is being around humans who are not smart enough to perceive the actual threat. Many in my neighborhood are poor and they don't understand how viruses work and spread. They freely eat food from unlicensed food vendors on the street. They don't wash their hands. They spit on sidewalks. They don't watch where they are walking and bump into people on the street because they are looking at their cellphones. These are the people who are in the most danger.

The ignorant may die from Ebola but the enlightened may survive.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: windwaker
The ignorant may die from Ebola but the enlightened may survive.

That, my friend, would be the entire point. Hate to tell ya though it isn't very likely you've made the "enlightened" list.

I'm kidding of course. I hope.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: windwaker

I hope you have a good face mask cos if someone even coughs or sneezes near you, you can get it... I would avoid trains full stop. Even taxis etc... Instead stock up on food and water and stay in as much as you can... Crappy I know but at least you'll live!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
CNN interviewing the passenger sitting right next to him:

the man became incoherent with an hour left in flight..
asked for help...
said his eyes hurt, felt like they were floating, he had never experienced it before...
said he was from Liberia...
Had a young daughter with him...
Sat in Row 27..
Rows 25 through 28 had to stay on plane...
CDC came on in full suits...
***HE DID NOT SEE MAN VOMIT....
CDC put a mask on man and daughter and exited....

Other passengers on plane about an hour and a half total...
Later told passenger was was not contagious...
Deboarded...

Interviewee and other passengers were in baggage claim when an announcement was made not to let any of the passengers from that flight leave...
Held for hours in airport...
CDC took all contact info, etc...

I cannot believe how matter of fact and calm that man was... WOW.

I am so glad you made this post. The passenger sitting next to him said he was complaining of his eyes hurting but he wasn't vomiting? Is the vomiting just a rumor?

Here is what greatly concerns me about this interview:

In the book THE HOT ZONE there is a passage about this very same condition, the start of Ebola: (pg. 14)

"The headache typically begins on the 7th day of exposure. Monet felt a throbbing pain behind his eyeballs...His headache grew worse, his eyeballs ached."

"Then, on the third day after his headache started he felt nauseated, spiked a fever, and began to vomit."

If the man on the flight did not vomit (like the guy sitting next to him said he never saw him do this) then I believe we are in trouble. The hospital determined his symptoms did not fit Ebola and sent him home then it's very possible he was misdiagnosed (just like in Dallas!) I mean, during the press conference they did not say they actually tested him for the virus!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

New information ~ those numbers have definitely increased 30 days later

Immigrants from Ebola outbreak nations caught along the border

Immigrants from West African countries have entered the US illegally, according to Chris Cabrera with the National Border Patrol Council.
Not too long ago we did catch some people, I believe, from Liberia," he said.

During the 2013 fiscal year, statistics from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security website show Border Patrol agents apprehended 112 immigrants from Guinea, 231 from Liberia and 145 immigrants from Sierra Leone, which are the three countries currently experiencing the most cases of Ebola.

more here

edit on 5-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1
True!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There is going to be those that are in an infected area who know there is a chance they might have caught ebola and will travel out of africa out of fear of geting sick in a third world country....

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

I'm considering this. I'm 24/7 trying to figure out a way around using public transportation which is the only real threat to me since I live alone in NYC. I may be able to compromise by increasing the amount of time and distance that I walk to get to work instead of using public transportation. I may not be able to avoid the subway completely, but if I minimize my exposure to it as much as possible I decrease the odds of me coming in contact with the virus if it should ever happen to reach NYC.

I may start saving up money so that if the situation gets worse in November I would just stop working for the winter months and stay at home. A "Winter vacation" if you will.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

You have a valid point. The authorities are not securing the borders and there have already been people from Liberia where outbreaks of the disease occurred coming over the unsecured border. We also have other diseases from illegals over the unsecured border. The Conspiracy theory part of me thinks it's a deliberate poisoning of the well.

edit on 5-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
I have not embraced this theory, but I'm coming around. I wanted to think that incompetence and bureaucracy was
responsible for the inexcusable delays in the response to Doctors Without Borders' pleas. I began to wonder if Obama was more concerned about his legacy--how history will judge him and his presidency? (Will anyone be left to document anything?)
Maybe Obama couldn't find a way to be a nice guy and still protect the people from a deluge of desperate, possibly infected travelers?
Meh.
Bet a stockpile of Zmapp has been earmarked for his loved ones. No worries about the borders or a pandemic.
But now? Maybe it is deliberate. I don't know. Can he be that stupid? Otherwise, he would be pressuring Dr. Freaky for his resignation.

edit on 5-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Don't even know if it's all him .... Rockefellers et al had big depop plan a century ago when Margaret Sanger pushed sterilizing women.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: research100
I'm guessing that while he had been vomiting, he probably did not have a fever.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Delaware reports it's isolated a possible Ebola patient:

Delaware Tests For Ebola

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
Good point.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

How long before they just shoot the plane out of the sky to prevent infecting others and in a very scary way, we "thank" them for it? Somehow, I don't think it will be very long. I wouldn't be surprised if it's very shortly here.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

How long before they just shoot the plane out of the sky to prevent infecting others and in a very scary way, we "thank" them for it? Somehow, I don't think it will be very long. I wouldn't be surprised if it's very shortly here.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
Figure this out.

The passenger suspected of possibly having Ebola was taken to University Hospital in Newark for further evaluation. Upon his arrival, the emergency room there was not accepting any other patients for four hours.

Oh yeah, THAT'S not suspicious at all!
Something smells rotten in the state of Denmark.....

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
WHAT!

EXCLUSIVE: Friend of Texas Ebola patient who visited him in hospital has been told he can return to work as nursing assistant... but his family must remain in quarantine

The friend of Texas Ebola patient, Thomas Duncan, who visited the man on the day he was admitted to hospital has been told he can return to work as a nursing assistant.

A nursing assistant!

Aaron Yah, wife Youngor Jallah and four children ages 2,4,6, and 11 have been quarantined

Yah and Jallah visited Texas Ebola patient Thomas Duncan in hospital
Jallah, whose eyes appeared sticky and whose children were coughing, said she touched Duncan - her stepfather to be - when she gave him tea
CDC finally visited their flat last night and said Yah can go back to work
His family must stay in quarantine, he says his work tasks will be limited

link

The stepdaughter, Jallah, wife of Yah, was also given clearance to go back to work. If she's already sickly, what the holy hell is the CDC thinking, other than infecting more people?

Let's Infect The Whole Country

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join