It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC is investigating a vomiting passenger at Newark, NJ, airport. Believed to be from Liberia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyD

Everyone take a good long look at what is nearly about to happen. In 3 weeks time from this post if more then a dozen Americans living and residing in the USA catch Ebola, it will all ready be too late.

The CDC and government sources are not complete idiots, they know this also. Why they don't set up proceedures for quarentine and keep allowing potential ebola terrorists, acts of desperation and simply didn't know scenerios into our communities is eye opening.

There is no foolproof way to protect our borders from this, but at least put the priority on protecting the innocent, not the airlines or government relations.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Big can of worms, indeed.

Let's cut the BS, put our intelligence agencies to work looking at whom is coming to this country, where they are coming from and if they have even been near Liberia.......deny entry.

If were going to pay for a multi-billion dollar intelligence network, let's put it to good use.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247
So true. If a US citizen's passport is perfectly in order on the day of departure--but will expire the day before they were scheduled to return home--a ticket will not be issued. I know. It happened to my son.

edit on 4-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

That thought crossed my mind earlier. Apparently Duncan is in critical condition.

How many have survived it in the U.S. so far anyway? Two?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Officially - Three. Brantly, Writbol and the guy in Nebraska whose name I can never remember.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Actually three, but they did because they received the ZMapp serum, anybody with ebola now in the US will not be soo lucky as the is no more serum available thanks to the right to properties been under scrutiny by our greedy bastard big pharma companies, so people will die because of that.

Mr. Duncan will be treated with regular means and cocktails of anti viral in the hopes that he will survive.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyD

So the exodus of infected people from Liberia is in the rise due to the policies that our president ignore because his illegal immigration agenda.

I expect that along the Mexico border many will tried to get in if they can not fly to the US, because is open to no only south Americans but anybody that can get in.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

These people are coming in legally, which defies logic. There's no time to debate, refuse entry from affected countries now, if there's debate it will only lead to an influx as people hurry to get in before travel bans are implemented.

I don't know how realistic it is for Ebola patients to sneak across the border, that journey takes a while. I remember working with a guy in a restaurant who said it took him over a week to cross.

edit on Sat26Sat, 04 Oct 2014 18:26:01 -05003114Sat by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's been said that the cost of an airplane ticket from Liberia to the US is approximately 4 to 6k.
You can see Various Prices
Patient Zero quit his job at a shipping company on Sept 4th.

Additional info about his job:

For the past year, Mr. Duncan had worked as a driver at Safeway Cargo, the Liberian customs clearance agent for FedEx, said Henry Brunson, the company’s manager. In a statement, FedEx said that Mr. Duncan was employed as a personal driver for the company’s general manager, not to work for FedEx’s global operations.

According to got news ...

Thomas Duncan flew from Monrovia (ROB) to Brussels (BRU) on Brussels Airlines flight 1247 (SN1247) which departed ROB on Thurs. Sept. 18 and arrived in BRU early moring Fri. Sept. 19. He did not depart BRU until the next day aboard United Airlines flight (UA951) which arrived at Dulles (IAD) the same day. He had a round-trip ticket, which was purchased on Sept. 2 from an IATA accredited travel agency in Lagos, Nigeria. It appears his ticket was purchased by a company named “Silson Global Business Liberia Ltd.”.

What is Silson Glogal Business Liberia Ltd?

Liberia Contact Information
Silson Global Business Liberia Limited
Authorized Service Contractor for UPS
20th Street
Tubman Boulevard - Sinkor
Monrovia
Liberia

www.ups.com...

Just a little curious about the who/what/when/where/why the tickets were purchased. Any ideas?
edit on 4-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

Added: And now two more Liberian nationals have arrived via the Brussels route to the US. So, 8 to 12k in tickets, right? (Give or take.)
I myself would need to scrimp a bit to afford one ticket like this.
edit on 4-10-2014 by drwill because: food for thought

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Update: Test shows passengers on Newark flight do not have Ebola - @ABC7NY

Test or screen? I thought testing took 24 to 48 hours?

Did they develop some type of an instant screen over the last week?

What laboratory determined this and how did the sample get to the laboratory to complete the test in less than 5 hours?

edit on 4-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Well it's much easier for TPTB to use UPS than terrorists. Just saying.
edit on 4-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043 it was huge news when we brought those drs back here to the usa and they got better...Of course people are going to try and come here for a better chance to survive....talk about pandoras box.....

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
It's bothersome. Probably has a nice, normal explanation, but I am puzzled.
I read a book by the author of Prozac Nation, and she used FedEx for all types of nefarious shipping.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

I was just kidding

But this whole Duncan thing doesn't make any sense. It was introduced here on purpose. Whether or not he was a willing participant I have no clue.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Imagine the carnage if this thing hits South of our Border. Our Emergency Rooms will be overwhelmed, they are already used as Primary Health Care for Millions of our South and Central American Friends. I'm not wishing this, but it would be a Real Mess. Peace
Arjunanda. a reply to: DirtyD

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: option158

This reminds me of the CDC press conference today.

A question was asked regarding if the patient would be getting any experimental drugs or treatments. The CDC rep said "yes" experimental treatments are available if the patient wants them, but that they could be dangerous because they are untested.

If someone is in Liberia and everyone is dying around them, and they hear that, they are likely to hop a plane and hope for their chances with an experimental treatment.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

There are many unanswered questions...unfortunately, they may stay that way.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: arjunanda
Imagine the carnage if this thing hits South of our Border. Our Emergency Rooms will be overwhelmed, they are already used as Primary Health Care for Millions of our South and Central American Friends. I'm not wishing this, but it would be a Real Mess. Peace
Arjunanda. a reply to: DirtyD

That could be part of the plan.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
I heard that, too. And just the other day one of the talking heads mentioned that Zmapp would be available in a few months. I had been under the impression that the serum supply had been exhausted.
Source: CNN

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Per the CDC press interview today, it takes 72 hours for results from an ebola test.

I don't see how they would already know the results for the man on the plane today.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join