It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC is investigating a vomiting passenger at Newark, NJ, airport. Believed to be from Liberia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

im wondering if they are intentionally running to america in hopes of getting "better" health care...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

1) Ebola is not Airborne so risk is low that other patients were infected although not zero. Main risk is someone using a bathroom after him.

2) My point was the immigration officers that came on board were NOT at risk. As someone moaned on why they were not wearing hazmatz and only blue gloves. My point was the infected person had already been moved, so unless they were going to lick the seat were the infected guy had sat they were NOT at risk just handing out forms.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: BlueAjahso unless they were going to lick the seat were the infected guy had sat they were NOT at risk just handing out forms.

And what about the next passenger in that seat? What if it was a toddler that did lick it?

No need to answer...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windwaker

It should be the the scariest Halloween in years!

Not even pin's and razor's in treats can hold a candle to this one(that is unless those pin's and razor's were handled by Ebola infected first)!

Seriously though, I've accepted my fate, I just haven't accepted that fate for my children. The most dangerous animal in this world is a mother protecting its young, let's just hope this doesn't happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

My understanding is an initial screen (EMIT) takes 24 hours. If the EMIT doesn't pass with flying colors then it goes into confirmation. Confirmation takes anywhere from 24 to 48 hours.

It took 3 days to confirm Duncan's test. Why would this case be any different?

edit on 4-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: BlueAjahso unless they were going to lick the seat were the infected guy had sat they were NOT at risk just handing out forms.

And what about the next passenger in that seat? What if it was a toddler that did lick it?

No need to answer...

I already said they were at risk. low but still at risk.

My point was the immigration staff that went on board were not and the blue gloves were fin protection.

The patient was removed and even if he HAD infected those next to him they would take at least 3 before being infectious themselves.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Interesting thought.

If I lived in the immediate Dallas area, I don't think I would allow my children to go trick-or-treating this year!
edit on 10/4/14 by BlueAjah because: clarified location

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I think we need to remain calm and keep our wits about us. If things start to get out of control.....then we can throw our hands in the air and run around like our hair is on fire.

The last thing the federal government would want is an outbreak, because it would cause a disturbance in their money gravy train. They have a vested interest in keeping the worker bees safe.

So let's just wait and stay cool until there is a reason to worry.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Untill I see several Americans catching ebola and I do mean Americans that have not left the USA or work in the public sector(such as healthcare) my kids will have free roam.

I only let them trick or treat in our neighborhood anyway, they get as much candy in 20 houses as I used to get in 60. They're still very young, 3 & 7.
edit on 10/4/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
hazmat suit re: Monsters inc..

I digress
edit on 4-10-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Best costume idea for 2014!

I can see the faces on my neighbors now as I walk both my kids in full hazmat suit's to their doors.

That's an awesome idea!

Add: . . . and practical too! Lol

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
They are reporting that Duncan's family has been moved to a 4 bedroom house in Dallas County with acreage. They wont release the location of course.

Chances are high that the immediate family will end up with the virus.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyD

When people are in desperate mode they will risk anything in other to survive, that is human nature, sadly those illegal immigrants that are from the southern American countries will be caught with those infected and will also be infected too.

If something is not done soon and the fight for the ebola property rights is not over with things are not going to look very pretty when the flu season is upon us.

People will be in panic move as more will be found infected in the US, people will be rushing by the hundreds thinking that their flu is ebola.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I am going to tell you secret, I am one of those people that research before I can come out with a conclusion, I try to keep a positive attitude to life and everything around me, I most of the time am a very happy and out going person, but for some reason I been finding myself thinking about the spread of ebola in the US, like Antebellum I probably will go into full action once the ebola starts to hit regular Americans and no just immigrants from Africa.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

In this day and age, if they show up without a hazmat uniform, it will be scary.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Something that back my south of the border concern

The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is fueling concerns that the porous U.S.-Mexico border poses a growing health risk, with statistics showing dozens of people from the epicenter of the Ebola scare illegally entered the U.S. -- or tried to -- this year alone.

Breitbart.com on Monday published a Customs and Border Protection document breaking down where illegal immigrants who turn themselves in or are caught by immigration authorities are coming from. The statistics reportedly showed they are traveling from more than 75 different countries.

Among them, between January and July of this year, at least 71 reportedly arrived from the three West African nations hit with the current Ebola outbreak.

The numbers come after Rep. Phil Gingrey, R-Ga., wrote to the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last month raising concerns about illegal immigrants carrying "swine flu, dengue fever, Ebola virus and tuberculosis."

"As the unaccompanied children continue to be transported to shelters around the country on commercial airlines and other forms of transportation, I have serious concerns that the diseases carried by these children may begin to spread too rapidly to control," he wrote.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
WHAT!

EXCLUSIVE: Friend of Texas Ebola patient who visited him in hospital has been told he can return to work as nursing assistant... but his family must remain in quarantine

The friend of Texas Ebola patient, Thomas Duncan, who visited the man on the day he was admitted to hospital has been told he can return to work as a nursing assistant.

A nursing assistant!

Aaron Yah, wife Youngor Jallah and four children ages 2,4,6, and 11 have been quarantined

Yah and Jallah visited Texas Ebola patient Thomas Duncan in hospital
Jallah, whose eyes appeared sticky and whose children were coughing, said she touched Duncan - her stepfather to be - when she gave him tea
CDC finally visited their flat last night and said Yah can go back to work
His family must stay in quarantine, he says his work tasks will be limited

link

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Thank you, that was perfectly stated!

As for this:

People will be in panic move as more will be found infected in the US, people will be rushing by the hundreds thinking that their flu is ebola.

It has been proven true time and again. Go to any hospital and mention Avian Flu or Anthrax and you'll get the answer: mass hysteria. Then they have to triage the sick, the appearently sick and the insane.

a reply to: MrLimpet

How horrible that must be for these individuals.
Being so young, living with the fear of death looming in front of you and not being able to leave or see the ones you love before it's too late.
I hope others that have the urge to travel here try to understand their effect on others before doing it.
What a tragedy for those kids.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
What else can you say at this point.......................:-(

WORCESTER, Mass. —Dr. Rick Sacra, of Holden, who doctors said was successfully treated for Ebola at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, was admitted to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester Saturday morning with a respiratory illness.

Doctors do not think it likely that Sacra, who has been suffering from a persistent cough and low-grade fever for several days, has suffered a relapse of Ebola.

"Even though the likelihood of Dr. Sacra having a relapse of Ebola is extremely low, doctors will run tests to be 100 percent sure,” said Dr. Phil Smith, medical director of the Biocontainment Unit at The Nebraska Medical Center.

Read more: www.wcvb.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

But America already has it now, we have to stop flights in and out of america and africa to try and contain this... At least until we know things are clear... But it's not very likely so ebola, coming to a country near you soon!

I think they want this to spread to be honest.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join