It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Cantor, Wall Street's Puppet Senator moving onto bigger and better things

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I just essentially threw this topic in an Ebola thread then I thought "just make a thread about it to break up all the Ebola ones".

Eric Cantor (the living symbol of crony capitalism) became the first Senate Majority leader in all of US history to lose his seat. The moment he lost he immediately quit his job at congress to work at a major wall street institution called Moelis and Co where he'll get a 3.4 million dollar paycheck. He was comforted by Jamie Dixon of JP Morgan on his loss to boot. It's all in my link but the part that really jumped out to me was this.

“Some will bemoan, ‘Oh, Eric cashed in, and this is all about him chasing money,’” said Mike Ference, Cantor’s former senior policy adviser and now a partner at Washington-based lobbying firm S-3 Group. “Smarter people get that’s not actually true. There have to be respectable men and women who run, quite frankly, the system.”

This guy was an obvious flunky for Wall Street and now is being given a job there despite knowing literally about economics and finance as he told his chief of staff.

Seriously read the article. It's disgusting. They taunt us to our faces and we mostly don't know or don't care. Link below.

mobile.businessweek.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Instead of Cantor’s $193,400 pay as House majority leader, the firm will give him a base salary of $400,000 plus $1 million in restricted stock, $400,000 cash and a “reasonable” New York apartment, Securities and Exchange Commission filings show. Next year, Cantor, who worked for his father’s real estate company before he went into politics, will get $1.2 million on top of an additional $400,000 in stock.

Time for him to cash in apparently.

Republicans and Democrats have mocked Cantor’s ties to the banking industry. Robert Reich, a labor secretary for President Bill Clinton, wrote on his Facebook page that the new job shows Washington and Wall Street’s “entrenched culture of mutual behind-kissing.” David Stockman, a head of President Ronald Reagan’s Office of Management and Budget, said on his website that Cantor’s legislative support for big business made him a “bagman for Wall Street.”

Hey, something people from both sides can agree on...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
If you were ever looking for a trail that leads to the New World Order, the Men Behind the Curtain, The Powers That Be ...

Still waiting for Paul Ryan to be fingered.

S&F

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

My morning Pinot about came out my nose

I actually had to look it up. Imagine that. Cantor is listed as Jewish. Not that I ascribe to the whole "Zionist" thing, but there are a disproportionate amount of people in charge of a helluva lot of money that claim the same faith (as well as university professors) considering out of the roughly 350 million US citizens they make up about 4-6%.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
If you were ever looking for a trail that leads to the New World Order, the Men Behind the Curtain, The Powers That Be ...

Still waiting for Paul Ryan to be fingered.

S&F

What about Ted 'I'm a more questionable natural born citizen than Obama since my Dad is Cuban and I was Born in Canadia" Cruz, but the Cock brothers own the SCOTUS now. Or "My daddy was a career politician so I am no better than a Bush or Kennedy" in Rand Paul.

If any of my ATS friends can help me emigrate. I'm highly gifted. Give me a manual and two weeks and I can do anything. Surgery might take a month and a little wetwork.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Thanks for making me smile.

If any of my ATS friends can help me emigrate. I'm highly gifted. Give me a manual and two weeks and I can do anything.

See you in two weeks.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Ha!

I hear Belize is nice. Canadia (yeah, I spell it wrong on purpose. You gave us Kirk-Fu and whatever a beiber is. I like poutine, though.) Is on the short list as well.

Uruguay?
Rodinus, old friend, need an onologist for the family winery? I don't know any French, but I'm willing to learn. I also briefly worked as a vet tech small animals. But as long as I dont have to be around horses, we're cool. Snakes, lizards, no problem. I helped someone shoot a ball python that was 12 ft. Long in six places. I had to hold body straight and keep her from biting me.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Thanks for making me smile.

If any of my ATS friends can help me emigrate. I'm highly gifted. Give me a manual and two weeks and I can do anything.

See you in two weeks.

My student loans are in default. We paid off my ex's. Now im screwed. Maybe I should give up bacon and get a beanie...i can read Akkadian is it that different than Hebrew?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Strange Connections.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

DICK CHENEY=HALLIBURTON
And should we make a Venn diagram of Bush family connections to the Saudi government which beheads more people than IS?

No bid.

Your partisan rhetoric has no place here.
EVERY politician goes on to a job of "consulting"

Your putting an Obama or democratic party member after each
Shows your intentions.

You have no problem with corruption and hypocrisy. As long as it goes with RUSHBO!

You should start a new thread with that diagram so you can all high five each other when "your chosen non-progressives" have been given sweetheart deals as well.

edit on 3-10-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Jealousy gets nowhere.

Big Banking/Big Business has infiltrated all major political parties.

Here's some other Venns...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wonder what exactly they mean by this:
"There have to be respectable men and women who run, quite frankly, the system.”

In this sense, I believe that "Respectable" = evil. I don't respect them. I don't think they are smart, either. Parasites are cunning. Parasites do what parasites do.

I knew what Cantor was. There are many like him. Many. Ted Cruz comes to mind

edit on 3-10-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I knew what Cantor was. There are many like him. Many. Ted Cruz comes to mind

Yup.

Ted's wife is a managing director at Goldman Sachs.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Right from the article

“We’ve all enjoyed having Eric in the Congress,” Goldman Sachs President Gary Cohn told Bloomberg Television the day after the primary defeat. “He was willing to try and create a coalition of believers, trying to create compromise, understanding that he couldn’t get everything.”

Is there really anything else that needs to be said?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
We're getting very very very close to textbook fascism these days. It's not republican or democrat anymore and it's getting very blatant. The corporate controllers laugh at us every day while they rob us blind and everyday people never talk about it.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
We're getting very very very close to textbook fascism these days. It's not republican or democrat anymore and it's getting very blatant. The corporate controllers laugh at us every day while they rob us blind and everyday people never talk about it.

Close? We've been there for a good 10 years at this point, it's just that it's becoming more apparent now.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So let's convince more people. Do you want history to treat you like the German people? We shouldn't be sympathizers. Just because they're winning doesn't mean they've won.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I do what I can at the moment. I'll do more in the future if/when I'm in a position to do that. In the end I'm just one person with few resources currently. I can write about these issues (and I do), I can post on forums about them (and I do) , and I can talk about them to everyone that will listen (which sadly, does not include my "representatives" in Congress). But, that's about the limit of my influence... if I'm successful in the future that will change, but politics is a world for corporations and the super wealthy these days, of which I am neither.

The truth is so depressing that people just don't want to think about or address it.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm right with you man but just don't have that attitude. Our minds control our reality. My aunt is more active than most teenagers at 60 plus because she has a great attitude. My father is only like two years older than her but appears ten or twenty years older because he let this corrupt system beat him down. Attitude controls so much.

I have no resources and few connections but as I've lifted myself out of the apathetic malaise which dominated my life ever since I started being oppressed in 5th grade over the last year I've turned everything around. I've dropped 90% of my bad habits. I've built up my professional success (without going back to college or giving into corporate style 9-5 bs). I've cut down unnecessary spending across the board. I've picked up an amazing boyfriend. I've reconnected with my family after being the primary cause of strife for almost 20 years.

This is only the beginning. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my life but while I figure out a path I'm dedicated to improving myself in every way I can. I've been considering going into politics even though I'm completely untenable by modern standards and it will likely end in failure by modern standard. But failure like everything else is subjective. Does anyone call Lincoln a failure? The country shattered on his watch and he ended up dead. By modern standards of politics that's failure. Would you call Teddy Roosevelt a failure? He lost his re-election bid as a third party candidate. By today's standards that would make him a washed up joke but last I checked he was one of our greatest leaders.

No ones saying you have to fix the world but whatever you decide to do don't ever be hopeless. Hope is the greatest motivator there is.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I'm probably just splitting hairs but Cantor was House majority leader. Not senate.

More on topic, I'm really, really not surprised by this. If anyone is then they're not paying attention.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join