It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mesmerizing Drone Video Reveals Massive Size of Hong Kong Protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

This mesmerizing footage, captured by drone Monday night in Hong Kong, shows a massive crowd of demonstrators making their way through the city's financial district. The protesters are calling for democratic elections in the city and for the resignation of Hong Kong's chief executive, Leung Chun-ying.

I don't have many words about the video. It gave me the chills when I watched it. Very empowering stuff.

Thousands of pro-democracy demonstrators gathered in Hong Kong on Monday to continue calls for free and open elections for the city's chief executive in 2017.

The video is best viewed in high definition. Any thoughts are appreciated.

edit on 29-9-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Amazing footage. You don't see such massings of humanity like that everyday.I just hope this isn't another Tianamine Square in the making.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's refreshing to see drones used in a positive way

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I wonder if Jackie Chan will don riot gear and go around beating the protestors. Because, you know, Chinese people need to be controlled.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Its about time that the majority stand up to the minority that's kept us under control for so long!!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Now *THAT's* a Protest !!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Any American city had a protest that big, that drone would have been shot out of the air within minutes.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

And all for helping get the word out....But you're probably right.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Any American city had a protest that big, that drone would have been shot out of the air within minutes.

Not if it shot you first.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Isn't the US suppose to invade and Deliver Democracy to those that want it?

Go ahead Obama...I Dare ya!

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
its funny because, we in America have the same problem, but have the illusion of choice and are fooled. If you live in China you are less likely to live in prison than America, yet most believe we are a freedom loving country. Its weird to think, but sometimes I think the corporations have put us on an alternate timeline. I've been watching to much continuum :/

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

Comparing China's past to the United State's past is nothing a like. Military's fought over the land the U.S is seated upon, a dictator committed genocide on his own people to bring upon a useless government. They are protesting so that won't ever happen again.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The political situation in mainland China may be tilted by these courageous people....but I greatly fear for their safety
The Chinese Govt is not known for its compassion ....

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The political situation in mainland China may be tilted by these courageous people....but I greatly fear for their safety
The Chinese Govt is not known for its compassion ....

True that. Last time they brought out the tanks. I doubt they would want to use them with all their shiny buildings around there. I won't even think what other options that leaves them. Probably many scarier options than tanks.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

It's great that people are getting together to have their voice heard...but will it really matter? We have democracy in the United States correct? Yet most people on here would say it's all a rigged system anyway so what does democracy really mean in any country today?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Peace

I double dare ya..

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

no it would not be shot out of the sky .

because if it was an american city the protesters would be too busy looting stores and trying to not get killed by your police

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
It's refreshing to see drones used in a positive way

Just curious, how is the drone being used in a positive way? The only way I could figure is helping spread awareness, if that's what you meant. There are probably many police and news helicopters with great footage but it's in their best interest not to release it. Monkey see monkey do.

After searching some better sources, I still couldn't figure out who put it up there. What would stop any government from using these drones for facial recognition and a head count. After they have identified you, they could track your movement until you've reached a quiet location and quickly send a burst of focused electrons through your head. A good way to take out the leader.

I've probably watched too many movies!

edit on 30-9-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I love how the Chinese gather in insane numbers, and the surrounding buildings and businesses aren't burned to the ground

Thank you for showing us that there are still ways to differentiate us from animals
edit on 30-9-2014 by bojimbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: jude11

Peace

I double dare ya..

Now it's time to DOUBLE DOG DARE YA!....

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join