It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Clooney got married. So what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
George Clooney got married.

Opened up my computer to check the online news and there it is. All over the place with big characters media outlets are announcing to the whole world that a citizen got married to another citizen. Turned on the TV and there it was again, in every news channel or broadcast George Clooney's marriage was the news of the day.

And strongly I felt humiliated as a human being. I felt like I've been punched hard in the stomach and was lacking air. I felt ashamed to the bone that my fellow humans are dumbed down to such degree to even consider as a mainstream news a marriage of two people. I wish to the newly weds all the luck and happiness and a long life together. A union between two people is always wonderful. But I don't need to see it on the news, I don't need to hear it fervently over and over in every radio and tv channel or see it in every newspaper. What is wrong with humanity?

Is it more important that thousands of ebola patients dying every day and the risk of outbreak in our borders? Is it more important than what's happening in Syria, or with ISIS or with Russia in Ukraine or... The list is endless.

So have we became so stupid and short sighted to be lead this way, in every direction the media brings us? Has humanity lost all the purpose of existence to wast its time with a marriage between two people, (two out of 7 billion) while every thing around us is dangerously becoming crushing and oppressive?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Agreed. Don't care, don't see how it's relevant.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Welcome to the Loser Nation.

Many people don't have real life of their own, and don't want one. It's much easier to live vicariously through The Box.

Yes, sad.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
But but but, it's George clooney marring old what's her name! And you don't even care???
Dude...

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Tequila

Why didnt you go take shots?
edit on 9America/Chicagop06pmSunday5109 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
it sells papers, and or gets clicks.

why?
because it's about attractive people doing attractive things.

edit on 28-9-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Now we are going to be bombarded in the checkout line at the supermarket with 10 different celebrity gossip magazines with the happy newlywed's and their gorgeous smiles and extra white teeth...sigh. They'll have the pictures from the helicopters or drones you know will have been flying overhead.

Wonder if Julian Assange was there via Skype? That's really the only thing I'm curious about.
edit on 28-9-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's on the news to break women's hearts. Watch. Sales of typical feminine comfort items will significantly rise.

Marketing 103.

Good/kind'a-sort'a-maybe CT material.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Bread and circuses. They're entertainers so they're entertaining. Solely to distract from real issues that truly affect everybody. S + F, I couldn't see the big deal. And how many boats do you need to go through Venice? Does the wife have security concerns? I know she's a "human rights lawyer"...

"They pay me to wear makeup for a living. Now pay attention to us while the world falls apart!"

Yeah, Clooney. The one who left his brains in his pet pot-bellied pig.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The only time a Commoners marriage makes it into the news is if they get Married in the Nude, or they get Married while Jumping out of a Plane, or they get Married while Jumping out of a Plane in the Nude.

WARNING - Male T&A Visual

For First Vid - Should anyone here present know of any reason that this couple should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace.

edit on 28-9-2014 by James1970 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think it's funny. His wife looks like a man.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Why is this on my ATS???

First I heard of his marriage. OK moving on.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
To be fair, Georgy boy has made some good films, however I don't see why I should lose time in my life commenting on a thread about something that means absolutely nothing!

Oh hold on...I just did.

The irony is galactic

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1970
The only time a Commoners marriage makes it into the news is if they get Married in the Nude, or they get Married while Jumping out of a Plane, or they get Married while Jumping out of a Plane in the Nude.

WARNING - Male T&A Visual

For First Vid - Should anyone here present know of any reason that this couple should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace.

A couple getting married naked video and all the T&A I see is of a dude. Not even a hot dude!

Dude

I autta smak u

Edit: don't t&c me bro, I'm just makin funny
edit on 9 28 2014 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I stared your post, it was very funny.

I hope I don't get a T&C violation, for posting Disturbing Content.

Not even a hot dude!

This part of your post worries me though

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Good Rant! I couldn't agree more. I can't believe how the national media is treating Clooney's wedding as headline news! Really, who the hell cares? There's a heck of a lot more important things affecting people around the world than a celebrities stupid wedding. Before that, it was Kim Kardashian being attacked at a Paris fashion show!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

haha I must have missed it. Call it skills. Call it experience. As I've gotten older I've completely stopped hearing about such things and I have a facebook account. Facebook is so I can talk with my X as I don't have a phone or any other way. Dont' turn on the TV and internet sites are picked before hand so I don't go to ABC for instance.

What more can I say? The last "popular people doing things" story that I noticed had to do with justin bieber.

I hear about things in ferguson instantly. I listened live to aurora and sandyhook.. When you listen live you hear cops saying things like "we have 1 suspect down (asking for the Navy) and in pursuit of 2 more (who were caught).. and I know when ww3 is about to pop for the 10th time haha. I come to ATS. I don't need anyone else to tell me something. my news is what I am thinking about that day. I don't let other people do the thinking for me. Most of my new information comes from my imagination flowing through things and then a google search, or a physical experiment.

You know, I think you get what you pay for silly.
As in: Create or be created.

btw I still don't know who clooney married...

Ha ha.

Grr I am so pissed off at this thing I just clicked on and gave ad revenue to...
If only there was a way to change them! hehehehehe...

edit on 29-9-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Wouldve never know had you not made this thread.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

He got all James Bond with the cameras. All cameras were provided by the hosts, guests couldn't bring their or had to check it if necessary. If an image of the nuptials is released to the press, The Clooney's can hack in to the cameras to find out what camera assigned to which guest took the picture.

Why do I even know this?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
MSM is dying. Trying to get hits from this as news just going to kill it faster.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join