It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politician Loves Weed And Hip-Hop, Combining Both In His Campaign Video [VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Where do I begin with Mike Dunafon and Wyclef Jean’s “The Trap Video?” According to The Cannabist, the song is a metaphor, amplifying the misguided fear-mongering of John Hickenlooper’s now infamous "Don’t be a Lab Rat" ad campaign. Dunafon’s “The Trap” highlights Dunafon’s promise to be an Independent governor, who is not “taking money from vested interests and is willing to talk about the most divisive issues, which include things such as “local control over fracking, the release of non-violent cannabis prisoners, and investing to create a world-class cannabis and hemp industry in Colorado,” Gawker reported.

www.rawstory.com...

It's kind of catchy, but his voice kinda gives it a MAD tv sketch vibe, yet the most truth you'll see in a political ad.
The article goes on to state he isn't the first politician to try this, remember Mit Romney? Of course you don't.

Apologies if its been posted.
edit on 27-9-2014 by Lysergic because: beavers

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing! It is refreshing and enjoyable to see. I must admit, my husband said immediately, he is an independent! No one will really know who he is!

So kudos to him in finding such an 'in your face' way to get attention! I will keep my eye on him to see if Colorado will continue to break ahead of the other states and prove that we the people are tired of the old run down politics as usual approach.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
HAHA Love this

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow, that's really good! I'm not even generally into hiphop, and that's a good song..lol.

I'm going to go learn more about this guy. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Did anyone else notice how dialated his eyes were?

I don't know how I feel about this vid, but something tells me that the younger generation will eat this up

Was that..... Really a cigar?
edit on 27-9-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Cigars don't aid critical thinking so I think not, well it wasn't filled with tobacco anyway lol

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm convinced this issue will be a huge part of the 2016 election cycle, as well it should be. We need to swing open the prison industry doors and stop this police state nonsense!!!

We have a fortune in new green technology and products that we can't take advantage of because of laws passed in the 1920's and 1930's!!! Seriously we could recoup some of the trillion dollars spent on the drug war and be a freer people!!!

Come on 2016!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
paradigms shifting though... if he's not their voice the next man will be

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Politicians know it's coming so of course they will try and get votes and seem like they are like "regular folk", which I assure you, they are not. But it is funny to see.

new topics

top topics

join