It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI probing suspect's recent conversion to Islam in Oklahoma beheading

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The alleged suspect, Alton Nolen, 30, was recently fired from Vaughan Foods in Moore prior to Thursday’s attack. Moore Police Sgt. Jeremy Lewis told KFOR that Nolen drove to the front of the business and struck a vehicle before walking inside. He then attacked Colleen Hufford, 54, stabbing her several times before severing her head. He also stabbed another woman at the plant, 43-year-old Traci Johnson.

FBI probing suspect's recent conversion to Islam in Oklahoma beheading

Is ISIS here? This is pretty disturbing. I bet Obama calls in another work place incident.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dizzie56

What is the deal with the Radical Muslims cutting stuff off all the time. They behead everyone who they are mad at, which appears to be just about everyone who isn't thim. Xenophobia. They cut off hands for stealing, they cut off this. You can't reason with Xenophobic beings, you can either chose to let them cut you down, or cut them down.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think it will be interesting to see what the FBI comes up with after they look thru his computer.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I would use caution in believing the headline of this story for 2 reasons.

First off, this is a FOX news headline and no where in the story does it confirm the FBI made that statement. All it says is "reportedly".

At the end of the story is this:

Calls seeking comment by FBI officials were not immediately returned.

I have been watching FOX do nothing but ramp up rhetoric for the "War Machine" and promote fear towards Muslims since this IS, ISIS, ISIL, propaganda to create the next wave of taking more of our freedoms away started.

The guy had a violent past. Just look at his priors. Just another nut job! But hey, the MSM can't let a good crisis go to waste now can they?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They might investigate it....

... and then STILL forget to add it to their database.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

www.usatoday.com...

What about USA Today? They certainly arent fox news and they reported it as well. And the only one spreading fear/hate towards muslims at this point is ISIS themselves by cutting peoples heads off and threatening to do the same around the world. Please, please, please, wake up before its to late.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So yeah, Islam is a 'peaceful' religion
ANYONE that says that is full of BS

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
from the story...

Nolen, according to state corrections records, was convicted in January 2011 of multiple felony drug offenses, assault and battery on a police officer and escape from detention. He was released from prison in March 2013.

Well?

Islam "conversion"?

Maybe it's time for an "American Crusades" to appear.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

USA today will not allow anyone unless they are subscriber read their report. So there is no way to confirm whether or not the FBI is investigating it or not.

I am very awake, and I am not suggesting ISIS is NOT a threat, I am urging caution to buy into the fear campaign that is being marketed to people.

I made a post a week or so ago about the FBI is monitoring 40 US citizens that are members of ISIS that are currently in our country. If they are to be so feared, why hasn't the FBI arrested them?

Even if this guy was a member of ISIS it proves one thing. Our intelligence agencies are a failure. All of the Draconian measures being used against us in the name of protecting us are useless?

First it was the Patriot ACT, then the NDAA, what are they planning on next?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Another rumor is that he was fired after converting to islam.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't think they want to start doing it here in America. I fear what the backlash would entail for all foreign people. Why can't we just leave each other the hell alone?!?

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
from the story...

Nolen, according to state corrections records, was convicted in January 2011 of multiple felony drug offenses, assault and battery on a police officer and escape from detention. He was released from prison in March 2013.

Well?

Islam "conversion"?

Maybe it's time for an "American Crusades" to appear.

An important side issue is that one of the employers went and got his AR-15 "evil assault rifle" out of his car and stopped the killer cold. BANG! THE right to keep and bear arms stops an maniac with a knife instantly.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The link works fine for me and Im certainly not a subscriber to USA Today. I understand where you are coming from in the "whats next" of laws against our personaly privacy but I also trully believe that these ISIS ******** are out to do harm to anybody that they can. As far as the FBI monitory some citizens that are reported to be with ISIS I have no idea why they havent been arrested, I dont work for them. Perhaps they are waiting to see if they lead them onto bigger fish.

Either way, in your first post you tried to attribute the Fox article right off the bat to fear mongering against Islam. A simple google search would bring up more articles that show he had recently converted to Islam before this happened, thats how I got the USA today article. What his conversion has to do with it time will only tell. Either way, your quick jump to discredit the article just because it came from Fox news just shows your own prejudice.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Another article for those who cant view the others.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

It was a bad choice of protection if the suspect managed to stab one person and cut off anothers head before he could wield any help. It sounds kinda crazy without being there because they were at a slaughtering plant. Seems like lots of protection could be found in that place.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I'll bet a great number of these radical homegrown's have a prison record, it is time to take this right out of prison as a right to practice.

Many converts, known as 'convenience Muslims', admitted they changed faiths because as a Muslim they were entitled to more time outside of their cells and offered better food.
Muslim prisoners are also excluded from work and education on Fridays so they can attend prayers.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Just a thought...

edit on 9/26/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I read about this on ABC news this morning, before the Islamic connection was made.

I did not need psychic powers to know that an Islamic connection was coming.

The warning had already been thrown out when whatever government agency warned about homegrown extremist and disgruntled employees last week.

Sadly, the Islamic connection is detrimental to the conversation as it will scare the crap out of people and get them to relinquish more rights to the real enemy. I don't care about Islam saving face here. That is a lost cause. I only worry about weak people who seek more security from a fabricated threat.

It all sucks really, I hope the perp gets his day in court and the terrorist label he has earned.

Boba

My thoughts go out to the victims and coworkers.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: NavyDoc

It was a bad choice of protection if the suspect managed to stab one person and cut off anothers head before he could wield any help. It sounds kinda crazy without being there because they were at a slaughtering plant. Seems like lots of protection could be found in that place.

Protection has zero value if no one is willing to use it.

The facts of the matter is that the man had this weapon and used it to stop a violent criminal in the middle of his violent acts.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I guess it is time to ask the government to control sharp objects, such as knives. If the perp knew that they were illegal, this never would have happened!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

He was the COO. I doubt that he was marching around the plant waiting for a knife wielding killer to storm into the plant. Anyway, the AR 15 does in fact remains to have been effective.
The reports I heard on ABC radio said that the woman that was not killed but only injured owes th boss her life. The same report stated that the killer had been fired for constantly trying to convert coworkers to Islam.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join