It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dissolution of the United States as a Superpower

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Everything in the news today is ISIL this, and bombing-Syria that. The U.S. continues to play toadie for the Global Elitists with unending conflict in the MidEast. All so the Elitists can line their pockets with zillions from armament sales, and be first-in-line to get their claws into Syria's "proposed" gas/oil pipeline to Europe.

But here's a fun exercise: Guess what the other Superpowers are doing while the U.S. dabbles endlessly in MidEast civil wars?

nextbigfuture.com...
SOUTH AFRICA SIGNS $10 BILLION NUCLEAR DEAL WITH RUSSIA
(Sept. 2014) Russia also expects to sign a contract with Jordan within the next couple years, to develop their first nuclear power plant. And China is angling to get a piece of India's $150+ Billion nuclear energy buildup.

www.bloomberg.com...
(May 2014) RUSSIA AND CHINA SIGN $400 BILLION GAS PIPELINE DEAL

www.bloomberg.com...
(April 2014) CHINA CHALLENGES OBAMA'S ASIA "PIVOT" WITH RAPID MILITARY BUILD-UP
"Years of (Chinese) military spending gains have boosted the capabilities of the People’s Liberation Army faster than many defense analysts expected, casting a shadow over relations between China and its neighbors and sparking doubts about long-term prospects for the U.S. presence in the Pacific. "

And what about internal U.S. signs that point to a corrupt, go-it-alone administration that does NOT have the 'will of the people' behind it?

www.coachisright.com...
(2012) OBAMA GIVING OIL-RICH ALASKAN ISLANDS TO RUSSIA
Although some sites point out that the U.S. has never claimed ownership of the islands, which apparently lie closer to Russia than Alaska. But my question is: What did we get from Russia in return?

www.newsmax.com... m_campaign=widgetphase2
(Sept. 2014) EX-SEAL CHARGES: 'MORALE IN AMERICAN MILITARY IS TERRIBLE RIGHT NOW'
"Former U.S. Navy SEAL Carl Higbie is standing by his controversial declaration that 90 percent of America's military troops do not support President Barack Obama." (That's the DUH! award for the day! Means our brave fighting men have more sense than what's in our White House, endlessly pushing us into MidEast Civil Wars at the behest of the Global Elitists!)
edit on 24-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarification

edit on 24-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: added material

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

All I hear is bla bla bla. usa sucks.

bla bla bla. usa is on the way out.

The poster doth protest too much, methinks.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

All I hear is bla bla bla. usa sucks.

bla bla bla. usa is on the way out.

The poster doth protest too much, methinks.

USA sucks?

On the way out?

Protest?

I must have read the wrong OP. Couldn't find those references anywhere in the post.

Peace

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

USA will fall one day. All superpowers do.

But my bet is the USA has at least another 100 years left in it.

As far as superpowers go its pretty young and only been a super power since the 1940's.

Sure the USA $14 trillion debt bomb may explode and turn the USA into a 3rd world craphole but then it will take the rest of the world down with it too. Sure it will be a hobo but will likely end up king of the Hobo's.

As for Russia and China?

Well Russia military is still decades behind even the UK let alone the USA and China only just starting to experiment with modern weapons.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Actually, we're approaching 18 trillion in debt ( see usdebtclock.org )

2nd a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

In 2010 CBS mentioned the Decline and Fall of the American Empire

Alfred W. McCoy is professor of history at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. A TomDispatch regular, he is the author, most recently, of Policing America's Empire: The United States, the Philippines, and the Rise of the Surveillance State (2009). He is also the convener of the "Empires in Transition" project, a global working group of 140 historians from universities on four continents. This piece originally appeared on TomDispatch.

A soft landing for America 40 years from now? Don't bet on it. The demise of the United States as the global superpower could come far more quickly than anyone imagines. If Washington is dreaming of 2040 or 2050 as the end of the American Century, a more realistic assessment of domestic and global trends suggests that in 2025, just 15 years from now, it could all be over except for the shouting.

Despite the aura of omnipotence most empires project, a look at their history should remind us that they are fragile organisms. So delicate is their ecology of power that, when things start to go truly bad, empires regularly unravel with unholy speed: just a year for Portugal, two years for the Soviet Union, eight years for France, 11 years for the Ottomans, 17 years for Great Britain, and, in all likelihood, 22 years for the United States, counting from the crucial year 2003.

Future historians are likely to identify the Bush administration's rash invasion of Iraq in that year as the start of America's downfall. However, instead of the bloodshed that marked the end of so many past empires, with cities burning and civilians slaughtered, this twenty-first century imperial collapse could come relatively quietly through the invisible tendrils of economic collapse or cyberwarfare.

But have no doubt: when Washington's global dominion finally ends, there will be painful daily reminders of what such a loss of power means for Americans in every walk of life. As a half-dozen European nations have discovered, imperial decline tends to have a remarkably demoralizing impact on a society, regularly bringing at least a generation of economic privation. As the economy cools, political temperatures rise, often sparking serious domestic unrest.

Available economic, educational, and military data indicate that, when it comes to U.S. global power, negative trends will aggregate rapidly by 2020 and are likely to reach a critical mass no later than 2030. The American Century, proclaimed so triumphantly at the start of World War II, will be tattered and fading by 2025, its eighth decade, and could be history by 2030.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The USA is and has been in decline for years.

Once the debt was allowed to run unchecked that was the beginning of the end.

Then when the people who ran the government said the constitution was no good, outdated, and should be ignored or rewritten, that was the second step toward the end of the USA in a form that would be recognizable.

Morality has also run amok, leading to the rampant dissolution of the family. It is the family unit that holds society together.

Now there are more people choosing not to create family, more single adults, than there are adults in a family living unit.

Also, one now sees many articles and TV commentaries on the joys of childlessness and not creating a family unit at all as adults.

Rather living a hedonistic and self centered lifestyle has become the desired state of adults in the USA. (Which is exactly why the US is stealing children from S. America)

There will come a point when the US government will have to default because of unchecked and ever rising debt.

At that point or earlier, states will have started to flee the union, as Texas is heavily discussing now, and as Hawaii has for many decades.

It is inevitable.

History does repeat itself. It has happened to every "empire" it will happen to the USA.

edit on 9Wed, 24 Sep 2014 09:35:15 -0500am92409amk243 by grandmakdw because: highlight thought

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The USA has been taken over by NWO for a long long time. They don't care about nations. America is the fall guy for the final act. $10 says China agreed to their goals and are being given the reins. They already have access to most of the technology America has produced through hacking and corporate deals.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Thanks for all the interesting posts!

I didn't start this discussion as a "Let's trash the U.S." thread. I love this country, and I'm proud to be an American. I was trying to point out how the other Superpowers (Russia and China) are locking in dominant nuclear and oil/gas deals all over the world, including with each other, that will solidify their Superpower status for decades.

But the longer the U.S. continues to be a toadie for the Global Elitists by throwing away men, money and materials in unwinnable civil wars in the MidEast, the farther we will drift from Superpower status.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What makes you think that the US,China, and Russia aren't in it together?

Is patriotism above profit?

Does China manufacture the chips that control defense system for the US and Russia ?

defensetech.org...
www.cbsnews.com...

Either our elected officials aren't only scumbags but idiots as well. Or perhaps the us against them mentality is just manufactured B$.

Interesting that Putin said he would take Snowden only if he promised to not release any harmful information in regards to the US. While the axis of evil wasn't really interested in getting him.

I can't say without a doubt but it is becoming a bit clearer each day that there is some type of global investing entity (organized or not) that decides the winners and loosers among nations. This group appears to precede any nations patriotism and it appears that global conflicts are orchestrated to some point.
edit on 06930America/ChicagoWed, 24 Sep 2014 10:06:38 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Let's get real for a second. Our military tech is decades ahead of the competition. Our dollar is still the world reserve, and even though it will wane over time, it's not going to collapse anytime soon. Our debt to gdp ratio isn't all too high compared to many other countries, and the rate at which it's climbing is certainly not "out of control".

There's nothing to show the US is collapsing in any real respect, rather maturing and retooling a bit.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Here's your "global investing entity (organized or not) that decides the winners and losers among nations, that precedes any nation's patriotism, and everything is orchestrated."

www.propagandamatrix.com...
ANOTHER MID-EAST WAR WITH SYRIA ON BILDERBERG'S 2013 AGENDA
"According to veteran journalist Jim Tucker, during a recent meeting in London, several elitists shared the sentiment that a mid-east war targeting Iran and Syria could be on the agenda for the secretive Bilderberg Group's 2013 confab.

"War in the Middle East has been on the minds of Bilderberg members," states the report, referring to an exchange between Vernon E. Jordan Jr. and another attendee about Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's increasing hostility towards Iran.

Jordan's fellow attendee responded, "The bigger the war, the better the chances of establishing a global banking system to finance such ventures."

The conversation took place during a meeting in London on February 25 and was reportedly overheard by a source, "who travels extensively and regularly attends gatherings hosted by the country’s top elites." Jim Tucker is renowned for having sources inside Bilderberg who routinely leak to him the group's annual location and agenda weeks beforehand.

US Secretary of State John Kerry also weighed in, responding to concerns that there had been no boots on the ground and no direct US or NATO military intervention in Syria by remarking, "we can fix that."

So were most/all these dead bankers in recent years working for the Bilderberg Elitists? Or did shadowy others take them out for plotting with the Elitists?

www.silverdoctors.com...
(Feb. 2014) BANKERS TAKEN OUT TO PREVENT FOREX FRAUD WHISTLE-BLOWING
"The suicided bankers had flipped during prosecution investigations, and were assassinated to prevent insider testimony of bank fraud from reaching the prosecution."

americankabuki.blogspot.com...
AMERICAN BANKER RESIGNATIONS
611 up thru April 2012, when this list was stopped.

wallstreetonparade.com...
(Feb. 2014) A RASH OF DEATHS AND A MISSING REPORTER - WITH TIES TO WALL STREET INVESTIGATIONS

edit on 24-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: add material and clarification

edit on 24-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: added material

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I think perhaps you are under the wrong impression of what a super-power is. And what denotes it and why. The US will stay one for many, many, many years to come.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Then kindly post your definition of a Superpower, Mysterioustranger. As well as your reasoning about why the U.S. will be one for a long time to come.

And how being led around by the nose by the Global Elitists (who don't have their claws into Russia or China), won't mean our early demise as a Superpower.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't understand why superpower status is such a big deal, it just means we have more influence in other countries around the world. By default we're the #1 in force projection but someone is always going to be #1 so I'm not sure how relevant that is.

Superpower or not it doesn't change our laws, our system of government, or our quality of life. It just determines how much of a say we have in others lives.

It's a pretty meaningless designation.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
americankabuki.blogspot.com...

So your source is someone who was pushing the OPPT scam, and moved in with one of the main OPPT scammers, and you also use Sorcha Faal as a source!

You really should check your sources, as they are known hoaxers.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
I don't understand why superpower status is such a big deal, it just means we have more influence in other countries around the world. By default we're the #1 in force projection but someone is always going to be #1 so I'm not sure how relevant that is.

Superpower or not it doesn't change our laws, our system of government, or our quality of life. It just determines how much of a say we have in others lives.

It's a pretty meaningless designation.

For many people, power over the lives of others is very very important.
I see this on a small scale, in everyday interactions, as well in regards to international relations.
Some people just seem to have a vision of the world in which, as my husbands grandmother always said, "Either you are the grass, or the lawn mower". If you aren't cutting down others, than someone will be cutting you down.

I don't personally find that to be true in my experience, yet people who claim this principle find it to be evident and experience it. I look at some of the Nordic countries, and the way they are able to sustain a very high level of living comfort, without being dominated by others, and without dominating any one else! -But perhaps they are older, they had their Viking days, and are past that?

One thing is clear, and it doesn't seem rational to deny- history has shown us that super powers rise and fall. The reign of this one will be no different. It WILL fall, and all evidence points to the possibility that it is past it's peak and on the downward trend. How long this will take is what we can debate. Rome didn't fall in a day, it was a long and painful process of dissolution, and I suspect it will be for the US as well. As our weaknesses begin to show, other countries will begin attempts at taking advantage of that, just as they did with Rome.

Perhaps the concept of being a mower or being mowed is a self-fulfilling prophecy? Once you've spent your time and energy on dominating others, you stimulate in them a strong drive to reflect back to you that behavior at the first chance they can get.

-And the american media and government isn't stupid. They know quite well that distracting the people from being aware of this falling is important. The quicker they gain consciousness of it, the more velocity it gains- whether they accept it or try to fight it, the result is the same.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Isn't part of "Conspiracy theory 101" that America recovered a crashed spacecraft in a desert somewherez and reversed engineered said spacecraft? And that was how many decades ago?

Besides that, with the well established lead the USA had after WWII, is rather hard to believe that it would haphazardly, carelessly relinquish that. Maybe, maybe not.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So now another discussion at ATS suggests that it's not Ebola, but the (Russian weaponized virus) Marburg that everyone is catching. Symptoms and lethality are the same - and it's air-borne transmission. Hard to believe that George W. then Obama cozying up to Putin ("I'll have more flexibility after the 2012 election.") didn't set this in motion.

Meanwhile, we keep the gravity cancelling TR-3B under wraps, and continue to throw billions at gravity-fighting NASA "space taxis." And even THEN there are lawsuits and shut-downs:

jalopnik.com...
SORE LOSER PUTS SPACEX AND BOEING SPACESHIP DEVELOPMENT ON HOLD
"In September, NASA announced it would be funding two private spacecraft designed to ferry astronauts to and from Earth orbit: Boeing's CST-100 and the SpaceX Dragon V2. A third competitor, Sierra Nevada's Dream Chaser, wasn't picked, and as a result, Sierra Nevada is challenging the decision, placing all projects on hold."

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Every "empire" has its ups and downs. The U.S. has had deplorable leadership in Washington since 2000, in my opinion.

I think it was the Internet that liberated deep/dark political secrets for the masses. But now we are in the next phase: Having uncovered such horrors under decades of deception and lies, now what do we do?

www.barnesandnoble.com...
"PAY ANY PRICE: GREED, POWER AND ENDLESS WAR" by James Risen

I haven't read this book, nor do I have any connections to the writer or publisher. It was just recommended by a news-blurb site I usually visit. And the title alone seems to speak directly to the situation in the degenerating "Superpower U.S." these days.
edit on 13-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: correct bad link

edit on 13-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: Try for a better book link

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join