It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dissolution of the United States as a Superpower

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: MKMoniker

USA will fall one day. All superpowers do.

But my bet is the USA has at least another 100 years left in it.

As far as superpowers go its pretty young and only been a super power since the 1940's.

Sure the USA $14 trillion debt bomb may explode and turn the USA into a 3rd world craphole but then it will take the rest of the world down with it too. Sure it will be a hobo but will likely end up king of the Hobo's.

As for Russia and China?

Well Russia military is still decades behind even the UK let alone the USA and China only just starting to experiment with modern weapons.

I'll take that bet. The USA has something special happening right now. It started in 2008 (not really that strange). It's called a Pluto return. The downside for the USA's Pluto return is opposite it's Sun and most of it's other planets.

Pluto signifies death, transformation, and rebirth. I am highly skeptical that the USA will survive it's Pluto return unscathed. Keep in mind, we have until 2024. I'm not so sure the USA will remain as it currently is.

See, the USA has very similar planets to Ariel Castro, the man that kidnapped the three girls and hid them away in a house. Sound like something the USA might do? ...do some heinous s#!t and try to hide it? Yeah, sounds nothing like the USA - "we're the good guys."

Can the intrusive, manipulative, deceitful, and Cancerous USA survive? I don't think so, but it's going to be one wild ride until 2024.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Thank you for your interesting post.

"Pluto signifies death, transformation, and rebirth. I am highly skeptical that the USA will survive it's Pluto return unscathed. Keep in mind, we have until 2024. I'm not so sure the USA will remain as it currently is.

See, the USA has very similar planets to Ariel Castro, the man that kidnapped the three girls and hid them away in a house. Sound like something the USA might do?"

The comparison to kidnapper/rapist Ariel Castro is interesting. And with Team Obama in power, there is a LOT going on that is kept out of the media. From Park Rangers telling folks to NOT go hiking, cause too many people are disappearing. To the rapes (and possible resulting suicides) in our militaries:

www.gq.com...
MALE ON MALE MILITARY RAPE OUTNUMBERS MALE ON FEMALE RAPE

I know Pluto's energies enhance/sharpen the vibes around death, destruction, transformation and rebirth. But this can happen in a very broad sense, from the individual to the entire planet. Let's hope and pray we have saner, smarter heads as leaders of countries SOON (we're stuck with Obama-drama until 2016), and that beneficial "transformation" only happens on an individual scale.

edit on 19-11-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarification

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

MKMoniker, when Pluto was in Cancer and conjunct the USA's natal Sun in August 1923 - Warren G. Harding died in office.

I would disagree. The last time Pluto was in Capricorn (current placement) was 1762-1778, the time period for the American Revolution. Arguably something beneficial, not on an individual scale, came out of it. (But I am still pondering whether or not the creation of the USA was good or not.)

However, Capricorn being structure/government/banking/finance we are in for a crazy transformation. It started in 2008 when Pluto entered Capricorn and the financial crisis occurred - reminding us that our financial system is a house of cards. We didn't heed the warning, as many average citizens would agree.

Pluto moved into opposition of the USA's Sun in May of this year. It's stays in opposition until early 2018 (if memory serves) and has several direct opposition points during this period.

More importantly, next fall Saturn moves into Sagittarius.
Saturn was in Sagittarius for the 1929 Black Tuesday and the 1987 Black Monday. Aries is in Uranus (not a great placement), just like it was in 1929. The problem is Aries in Uranus this time around will be squaring Pluto in Capricorn, and both will be squaring/opposing the USA's natal Sun. (Cardinal energy can be some of the worst.)

So, yes - I believe next Fall will be the turning/tipping point, once Saturn is out of Scorpio (propping up the market) and moves fully into Sagittarius.
edit on 19-11-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Who says the US was ever an empire? They were used, abused and stretched to limit and beyond by globalist rulers that don't hold passports. I doubt the people that truly run the show have ever stepped foot on American soil.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Who else spends 600 billion dollars a year on war machines? Better look at the facts.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
FINALLY, American citizens are willing to stand up to what's really wrong at the core of our country ...

www.nytimes.com... 39149

CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE, GAYS ARE TOLD, AS "RIGHTS" BATTLE RISES

If criminals aren't supposed to have more "rights" that the law-abiding citizenry, why do homosexuals think their loud-and-obnoxious "activism" trumps heterosexuals' rights?

www.gaynazis.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I continue to be disturbed that "someone" is stoking a Race War in this country. And Ferguson continues to be ground-zero. The officer has resigned, but instead of building bridges and healing, the so-called "officials" keep stoking the simmering rage in the black community.

www.npr.org...
ST. LOUIS GRAND JURY SAYS SOME WITNESSES LIED
(This is nothing new. Eye witnesses to any crime are notoriously unreliable. So why release this non-story?)

And now this:

www.nytimes.com... 49939149&_r=0

BROOKLYN POLICE OFFICERS SHOT AND KILLED IN THEIR PATROL CAR AT POINT BLANK RANGE
"Two police officers sitting in their patrol car in Brooklyn were shot at point-blank range and killed on Saturday afternoon by a man who, officials said, had traveled to the city from Baltimore vowing to kill officers. The suspect then committed suicide with the same gun, the authorities said."

(If nothing else, please open the link and see that first photo beneath the headline. It's all about "respect" folks.

(And for God's Sake, get some perspective! Every sideways glance, every angry outburst, every request for help from another customer in a store is NOT 'disrespect'!)

libertyunyielding.com...
ESSAY ON HELPING ANOTHER CUSTOMER IN A STORE - ASKED OR UNASKED
"Americans awoke this week to the news that someone once asked Mrs. Obama to help her get something off the top shelf at Target. Apparently, this was evidence of racism to Michelle Obama.

"Just a few months ago, an older lady riding a motorized cart around my local Wal-Mart asked me if I’d mind to get some frozen dinners for her from a top shelf in the frozen foods aisle. For whatever reason, I didn’t automatically think my status as a person was being demeaned. I just asked her which dinners she wanted.

"I didn’t know I was being dissed. Or micro-aggressed. Or whatever it was when it happened to Michelle Obama."

(This has happened to everyone! If you can see beyond your own arrogant self-importance, consider this: The person asking just may genuinely need a tiny favor, and you are the closest person to ask. Nothing more. I've been standing in the doorway of a darkened movie theater, waiting for my eyes to adjust, and had an older lady latch onto my arm and ask for help finding a seat in the dark. I did what she asked, and put her in an aisle seat.

(I stopped a shopping cart in a store one-time when the babysitter pushing it was not paying attention, and the little boy riding on the bottom level had fallen off - but his shoe was still stuck, and he was crying and being dragged. I stopped the cart with a sharp "Pay attention! His foot's stuck and you're dragging him!" to the bimbo babysitter - Yes, I did! - and got the little boy's shoe unstuck.)

(There are people out there trying to make their own little world a little nicer, by vowing to do one small act of kindness a day. In this month of major religious holidays, why not try that? Instead of misinterpreting every innocent request for "help" as racial micro-aggression, dissing, or looking down on you as "the help"? Just don't put yourself in danger, like opening your door to strangers or offering to take a Christmas package on a flight - since it may be illegal drugs, and you an unwitting mule. )

edit on 21-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
More-of-same Department. Couple of breaking stories today about Team Obama's genius for picking appointees - and protecting the worst:

At the Dept. of Justice, Eric Holder has resigned, and a Black female prosecutor from Brooklyn, Loretta Lynch, has been appointed to replace him. She faces Congress next month for Confirmation.

And the #2 at DOJ will also be a woman, appointed today to replace DOJ's Bad Boy Appointee, James Cole. Some background on him:

pjmedia.com...
(Dec. 2013) POLITICAL APPOINTEE, #2 AT DOJ HAD DUBIOUS TRACK RECORD
"James Cole is the #2 man at DOJ. He has been knee-deep in a cornucopia of bad behavior at the Justice Department including Fast and Furious, meddling in the drafting of reports by independent DOJ lawyers appointed by a federal judge in a case infested with DOJ misconduct, and the secret monitoring of reporter’s emails such as James Rosen at Fox."

Obama announced his appointment of Sally Yates as the #2 at DOJ today:

www.washingtonpost.com... 908-8939-11e4-8ff4-fb93129c9c8b_story.html
SALLY YATES AS OBAMA'S NOMINEE FOR JUSTICE DEPARTMENT'S SECOND IN COMMAND
"Sally Quillian Yates , a longtime prosecutor and the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia since 2010, is expected to be announced as the pick for deputy attorney general, the official who runs Justice Department operations day to day."

"Yates would replace Deputy Attorney General James M. Cole , who is stepping down in January to take a job in the private sector.

"The Senate is expected to begin the confirmation hearing for attorney general nominee Loretta Lynch in the second or third week of January. Holder has said he will remain as attorney general until a nominee is confirmed."

And now "The Intercept" has named the CIA official at the center of the Torture Scandals. And she's still in a high-ranking position at the CIA:

firstlook.org...
SENIOR CIA OFFICER AT CENTER OF TORTURE SCANDALS - STILL UNFIRED
"NBC News yesterday called her a “key apologist” for the CIA’s torture program. A follow-up New Yorker article dubbed her “The Unidentified Queen of Torture” and in part “the model for the lead character in ‘Zero Dark Thirty.’” Yet in both articles she was anonymous.

"The person described by both NBC and The New Yorker is senior CIA officer (you can read the article). Multiple news outlets have reported that as the result of a long string of significant errors and malfeasance, her competence and integrity are doubted — even by some within the agency.

"NBC, while withholding her identity, noted that the same unnamed officer “also participated in ‘enhanced interrogations’ of self-professed 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, witnessed the waterboarding of terror suspect Abu Zubaydah and ordered the detention of a suspected terrorist who turned out to be unconnected to al Qaeda, according to the report.”

"The New Yorker‘s Jane Mayer, writing yesterday about the NBC article, added that the officer “is still in a position of high authority over counterterrorism at the C.I.A.” This officer, Mayer noted, is the same one who “dropped the ball when the C.I.A. was given information that might very well have prevented the 9/11 attacks; she gleefully participated in torture sessions afterward; she misinterpreted intelligence in such a way that it sent the C.I.A. on an absurd chase for Al Qaeda sleeper cells in Montana."

(NOTE: Darned amazing how it took her years to find bin Laden - when he's really been dead since Dec. 2001. All I can figure out about this female CIA Official, is that Hillary wants her left in place to be her CIA Director...)

edit on 22-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

By FAR the most powerful military, and a steadily improving debt:GDP rato... The US has some issues, but, if anything, US power is on the rise, and our fiscal situation is improving. $18T in debt is a huge deal if your economy is the size of Canada's, but not for the US. It did, however, trick a lot of prior (and China) into buying gold high for years.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

By FAR the most powerful military, and a steadily improving debt:GDP rato... The US has some issues, but, if anything, US power is on the rise, and our fiscal situation is improving. $18T in debt is a huge deal if your economy is the size of Canada's, but not for the US. It did, however, trick a lot of prior (and China) into buying gold high for years.

The US is a major super Power, there is no doubt about it. But how super the US is Depends on other NATO nations support. Most of the actions we see around the world is mostly conducted by NATO collabertation.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Thanks for posting. Some good points made:

Dogstar23 - True, but the U.S. is trillions in debt. And Team Obama's reckless incompetence keeps getting our credit ratings dinged (another Obama First). So we are making our debt payments unnecessarily larger, in a sluggish economy where many workers have to piece together part time jobs with no benefits to stay afloat.

So even if the Labor Dept. reports fewer unemployment claims and more added jobs, the reality remains that only the upper 50% of our country are paying any taxes.

And if Europe succeeds in changing the Dollar Standard to the Euro Standard, our money will be worth even less.

www.dailyjobcuts.com...
DAILY JOB CUTS

************************************************************************************************

"But how super the US is Depends on other NATO nations support. Most of the actions we see around the world is mostly conducted by NATO collabertation."

Spy66 - Good point. That would also explain why we spend billions to keep a "cutting edge" in military hardware and systems - even if it's gobbled up mostly by R&D. Let's hope we never have to prove if our "cutting edge military hardware" really works.

As it stand now, the Pentagon is too dependent on satellites for everything. And most of those satellites contain computer chips made in China, and rocket engines made in Russia to get them into orbit. So how "formidable" could our militaries be if these other Superpowers cut off their supplies, or - worse - sleeper-sabotaged them first?

www.forbes.com...
(May 2013) LET'S OUTSOURCE OUR ENTIRE DEFENSE BASE TO CHINA!
"American dependence on China grows by the day. The latest news is that the United States has been reduced to leasing a Chinese satellite to handle communications with U.S. military bases in Africa.

"Surprising, isn’t it? The nation that launched the world’s first communications satellite (I remember it well – it was called Telstar) has so lost its manufacturing mojo, that it has to rely on its most formidable military adversary to provide the hardware for some of its most sensitive communications.

"This at a time when underlying unemployment rates among U.S. manufacturing workers remain at near-depression levels."

www.washingtontimes.com...
(Sept. 2014) U.S. DEPENDENCE ON RUSSIAN ROCKET ENGINES
"The rising tensions with Russia over its aggression in Ukraine is creating national security concerns inside the Pentagon, where the military’s largest satellite program is reliant on a rocket engine produced by Moscow.

"The Air Force said it has begun looking for alternatives to the RD-180 rocket engines for its Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle program — the fourth largest line item in the U.S. defense budget — now that Russia has threatened to cut off the technology in its tit-for-tat struggle with the U.S.

"Lawmakers and national security analysts said they were aghast that the military allowed itself to become so dependent on Russian military technology during an era of uneasy relations."
edit on 23-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
File this under Sign of the Times, or No Publicity For Great Ideas:

finance.yahoo.com...
MINNESOTA TOWN HAS BEEN OFFERING FREE LAND FOR 3 YEARS - BUT NO TAKERS
"Claremont, which has about 500 residents, has had no takers in the three years it has been offering free lots to anyone with a qualifying income who is willing to build a house, Minnesota Public Radio News reported (http://(link tracking not allowed)/1AE46QS ). The city, which is located between Owatonna and Rochester, has three churches, three parks, a gas station and a bank — all within one square mile.

"City officials hired a developer about a decade ago to build a 15-home subdivision on the city's north end in the hopes of attracting workers from the neighboring cities to live there. Claremont issued $450,000 in bonds, but the developer defaulted by 2006 after building one home.

"City Clerk and Treasurer Liz Sorg said the city reclaimed the land, but no one wanted to buy the lots."

(NOTE: I know the Rust Belt, with harsh and snowy winters, isn't considered an ideal place to live. And you do have to build something on a lot to qualify. But you'd think all those unemployed guys who rushed to the North Dakota oil boom (state next to Minnesota) would be used to the weather and willing to live in that area:

www.governing.com...
(2011) NORTH DAKOTA'S OIL BOOM BOTH A BLESSING AND A CURSE
"The Bakken boom has brought a population surge to the state, and the onslaught of new residents is straining public resources nearly to the breaking point. “They are definitely in a period of growing pains right now, and I mean pain in the literal sense of the word,” says Gov. Jack Dalrymple of the oil-producing communities.

“It’s a boom. It’s a rush. That certainly isn’t pleasant for everybody, but I think most people realize that once they kind of get over this period of furious drilling activity, it’s really going to be a great thing for that part of the state.”

"The biggest struggle in the region, though, is the shortage of housing. When people in other parts of the country talk about a “housing shortage,” they don’t mean it literally. There are usually still plenty of available places for residents making decent money. But when people in western North Dakota discuss the housing shortage, they’re serious. There’s literally no place to sleep.

"The housing crunch has left local communities facing a dilemma. Build too little, and they’ll wind up with a city overrun by RV parks and unsafe living conditions. Build too much, and they could repeat the disastrous situation that arose in the 1980s when the last boom went bust. Back then, many cities were happy to help developers fill the housing void by building infrastructure for new homes in the hopes that the units would not only accommodate their new residents, but also generate property tax revenue.

"Then, almost overnight, oil prices fell. The industry pulled out, and the developers left town since they owed more in property taxes on undeveloped land than the value of the land itself. In Williston, the city took ownership of those developments -- it eventually owned a quarter of the town -- and was stuck with more than $25 million in debt on the infrastructure without a tax base to pay it off."

(NOTE: I'm certainly not suggesting N. Dakota oil field workers "commute" from Minnesota. But a family could take over a Minnesota lot and throw up a pre-fab structure, to be closer to Dad working in N. Dakota next door:

www.apartmenttherapy.com...
(2011) BEST AFFORDABLE SMALL/PRE-FAB HOMES
edit on 24-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...
COSBY TEAM'S STRATEGY
This is not so much about Cosby's drug-and-rape charges, as about the way powerful men in recent decades - allegedly including JFK and Bill Clinton - have gotten away with serial rape. And the dubious strategy has ALSO been used on others whom TPTB want "shammed into silence."

STRATEGY: Hush Accusers, Insult Them, Blame the Media

"An examination of how (Cosby's Legal) team has dealt with scandals over the past two decades and into this fall reveals an organized and expensive effort that involved quashing accusations as they emerged while raising questions about the accusers’ character and motives, both publicly and surreptitiously.

"And the team has never been shy about blasting the news media for engaging in a feeding frenzy even as the team made deals, or slipped the news organizations information that would cast Mr. Cosby’s accusers in a negative light.

"Playing hardball with people who make (and report on) incendiary claims is hardly a new tactic in the celebrity world. But given the volume and severity of the recent charges, with numerous women saying Mr. Cosby drugged and then sexually assaulted them, some legal and public relations practitioners question the wisdom of continuing such a counter-punch."

www.psychologytoday.com...
GENERATIONS OF MALE KENNEDYS' RECKLESS (AND PREDATORY) SEX

www.washingtonpost.com...
RAND PAUL CLAIMS HALF A DOZEN WOMEN CALL BILL CLINTON A SEXUAL PREDATOR

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
While I eagerly await "Judicial Watch's" 2014 "Most Corrupt Politicians" list, lets take a stroll down the 2013 list:

www.judicialwatch.org...
JUDICIAL WATCH: TEN MOST CORRUPT POLITICIANS OF 2013
Listed alphabetically, scroll down for discussion of each. Several make this list every year (like Obama, Holder and Hillary). But what's most interesting is how many on this list are now out - or on-their-way out - of the government.

www.judicialwatch.org...
2 PROMINENT REPUBLICANS ON 2013 "CORRUPT POLITICIANS" LIST HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF CRIMES

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
theweek.com...

DEATH OF THE POPULIST PRESIDENT

Interesting account of how U.S. Presidential candidates need to be "professional campaigners" now. Gone are the driven individualists with ill-fitting suits and jokey "real guy" speeches.

Today candidates need to have a PAC, mega-money donors, "surly and cynical" press handlers still in their 20s, and surrounded by professional political handlers, and super-technology to reach every prospective voter.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

But my bet is the USA has at least another 100 years left in it.

As far as superpowers go its pretty young and only been a super power since the 1940's.

I don't think it has that long, It is going through the empire stages ALOT faster than most, like Rome did.

Seven steps in the life cycles of great powers

Glubb Pasha learned that different empires had similar cultural changes while experiencing a life cycle in a series of stages that could overlap. He generalized about empires having seven stages of development, identifying these successive ages as follows:

1. The age of outburst (or pioneers).

2. The age of conquests.

3. The age of commerce.

4. The age of affluence.

5. The age of intellect.

6. The age of decadence.

7. The age of decline and collapse.

I would say we are in stage 7, and have been for a while.

Also, to the OP.
Russia has a nice new toy too.

Russian Novorossiysk Diesel-Electric Silent/Stealth Submarine: New Silent Sub Creates Virtually-Undetectable ‘Maritime Black Hole’

www.defensereview.com... ole/

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I saw that, thanks for the photo.

But the U.S. is already moving troops around in Europe, to better counter "Russian expansion":

www.nytimes.com...
U.S. CONSOLIDATES FORCES IN GERMANY AND ITALY TO COUNTER RUSSIA

And however much you want to argue a down-sized military, we still haven't had to resort to THIS:

foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com...
SOME COUNTRIES' MILITARIES STILL TRAIN COMBAT AIRCRAFT BY LANDING ON HIGHWAYS

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
As if there was any doubt Team Obama was encouraging and "master-minding" a supposedly random racial shooting in Ferguson, here's the proof:

www.washingtontimes.com...
LIBERAL BILLIONAIRE GEORGE SOROS GAVE AT LEAST $33 MILLION IN ONE YEAR TO GROUPS THAT "EMBOLDEN ACTIVISTS"

Don't miss the part about "The Gamaliel Foundation," which Mr. Soros funds and which fueled the deomstrations in Ferguson. And the fact that Obama started his career as a community organizer at a Gamaliel affiliate in Chicago.

So now we can call the out-of-state-troublemakers that showed up in Ferguson to stoke the violence and taunt police ... "paid activists."

(NOTE: I've said all along that a Race War has been bubbling along on Team Obama's simmering-stove of "whatever it takes to create a catastrophe needing a declaration of Martial Law.")
edit on 23-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
New York must be Corruption Central. (And here I thought it was Chicago ...) Here's the latest from the State of Corruption:

nypost.com...
PHYSICIAN AT CENTER OF SHELDON SILVER BRIBERY CASE - LOSES HIS JOB

And I understand where the 60% of Republican voters are coming from, wanting a "fresh face" instead of just another above-the-law dynasty family grabbing the nomination. And, as an example, here's the latest on the Clintons:

pagesix.com...
SEX SLAVE CLAIMS BILL CLINTON VISITED EPSTEIN'S "ORGY ISLAND"

Epstein allegedly pimped out underage girls to his prominent pals, so he could gather information to blackmail them later in case he (Epstein) ever got caught for one of his alleged illegal activities. "Blackmail Insurance". Charming.
edit on 24-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join