It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority of Muslims are scared of being tarred with the same brush:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: grandmakdw

Exactly, it is called Abrogation. Whatever was revealed to Mohammad the most recently is considered to abrogate what was revealed earlier. So Allah can change his mind and Allah got more and more violent and warlike and intolerant and time went on.

Indeed, must see documentary

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
In my opinion the reason non-extremist Muslims are scared is because they way they seem to act.

It seems like every country on the planet is having muslim issues. While they may not be blowing up public markets or beheading people they are causing a ruckus.

I understand fleeing your country because of violence or oppression, but why try to establish those same oppressive laws in your new country? We have all heard of the muslim patrols in the UK and sharia zones.

We hear of Somali cab drivers that won't allow service dogs in their cabs, muslim women who refuse to work a supermarket checkout lane if alcohol is purchased.

We hear of being banned from entering your childs school in military uniform or being told to remove a flag so as not to offend anybody. Now we all know that it isn't the Amish they are worried about, it is cow towing to the muslims.

You hear about schools and prisons having to change their menus to accommodate muslims,

You get groups like the English Defence League that want to protect English traditions and you call them racist thugs. Yet the majority of time it is the muslims that incite violence.

You see new parties of Gov'ts rising up with the base message of stopping the muslim problems in their countries. These parties aren't starting and attracting followers because of extremists in some other country. They are gaining power to combat the moderate muslim problems.

so in my mind, you combine all those things with the fact that pretty much act of terrorism in the last 10 years has been carried out by muslims and I guess they should be afraid.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

I don't see good Muslims protesting in the streets against these terrorists. If they believe their religion is a religion of peace, maybe they should be more out spoken against radical Islam! If I was a Muslim and saw how my religion was causing people to take up arms against non-Muslims, I would simply renounce my Muslim faith immediately. If religious writings are being interpreted to kill anyone who is not Muslim, than you really need to question if a loving and peaceful God would want you to interpret and follow something so evil.

To follow any religion that is judgmental, protects criminals, and uses it's faith to justify killings is not the word of a loving God. To believe otherwise is like wearing blinders. You only want to see the good but ignore the evil.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sure....a vast majority of Muslims do not want the rest of the world to shun them as being extremist-Jihadists who kill in glee~~~ instead of doing their task in a solemn exercise-of-justice manner...

the Muslim slackers 'know full well' if they get cornered by a ISIS team...they too will be dead meat

the 'luke-warm' Muslims also know that radical-extremist-'kill everyone'-Jihadists are a part of their body-of-religion.. yes a small BUT necessary part of the Ummah...and to criticize that part of Islam is to blaspheme the Koran & the Jihad spouting Clerics at Friday Noon Sermons...
hey! they don't want their family massacred too~~~ so they keep their mouths silent and protests unto-themselves

an integral part of Islam is to have cells/sects of blood-lust fanatics (in the name of religion) to freely operate without condemnation

everyone on the site has the true nature of Jihad Islam wrong--- they are looking through western lenses---
and thinking the majority Muslims can bring peace/change/ end the killing....Wrong
ISIS groups or Armies are the Norm not the exception !

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I completely understand your point, but I think there should be separation between certain ideas. What I mean is this: say you have a group following doctrine that teaches them to persecute and act in a violent manner towards those who do not share their beliefs, yet the majority of that group do not commit such acts against those with opposing religious views. They simply live their lives and go about their business, while others in their group heed the teachings laid down in their doctrine and act violently towards those not affiliated with their group. Should those who are in no way affiliated with the doctrine, those who the doctrine state should be persecuted, be asked to live among those who subscribe to that doctrine?

I am not saying that the teachings of Islam are to kill non-believers, but obviously it is in there somewhere, otherwise the concept of jihad wouldn't be used to recruit Muslims to fight against the west in general. So the first thing that needs to be established is whether the teachings truly state that Muslims should attack or persecute non-Muslims. Let us make the assumption, for argument's sake, that Muslims are taught by their religion to persecute non-believers. If that is the case, then why would you want to live in an area with Muslims, since you cannot know who will follow the tenets of the religion and who will not?

I mean if they truly believe in the religion, and the religion teaches them that everyone else is not worthy of living or something similar to that, then either we must believe they are not true believers or that they are just biding their time to strike. Again, this is hypothetical. If this is what Islam teaches then it cannot be compared to Christianity and the horrible acts perpetrated by Christians, such as the Inquisition, simply because the religion itself does not teach these things. Since I have a greater understanding of Christianity than Islam, I know for a fact that Christianity, which was based on the teachings of Jesus and which replaced and superceded the older Jewish teachings, teaches tolerance for others, whether they believe the same thing that you believe. At the very least it does not teach that "infidels," or non-believers, should be persecuted in any way. Thus any atrocious acts committed in the name of Christianity cannot be blamed on the religion, since it does not teach that.

But if Islam does teach something of that nature, then the religion IS to blame. That is my whole point. If the religion teaches violence towards others, we should not ignore it and say people are practicing "freedom of religion." We would not do this with any non-religious group. If a group's doctrine taught killing, persecution, violation of the civil liberties of others, and certain members within that group took these teachings to heart and started killing those not affiliated with their group, then we would, rightly so, label the entire group a terrorist organization, and would not allow them to exist above ground. So I say that if Islam truly teaches the persecution of non-believers, then in no way should those who subscribe to the belief system be allowed to openly practice their intolerant beliefs. Again, because people would be committing atrocities in the name of that group. And again, if the doctrine teaches this then it is a problem with the entire doctrine, but if the people are committing these horrible acts when the doctrine does not tell them to, then it is strictly their fault, and has nothing to do with the doctrine.

So basically it is either the fault of the people alone, or it is the fault of both the people and the doctrine. This would be like someone getting prosecuted because they told others to go out and kill. Charles Manson is the main person that comes to mind as an example. So if Islam teaches to go out and kill non-believers, then it is the fault of Islam just as much as the person who commits the act, and Islam should be prosecuted as well. But again, it first must be established what Islam teaches. I suspect that these groups couldn't use it as a basis for "jihad" if it didn't truly teach these things. So if Islam teaches this hate, then it should not be allowed to exist as strictly a religion within the US, and should be outlawed as a terrorist group, because it is a problem of doctrine, even if most people chose not to obey it.
edit on 9/22/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Thanks for patronizing me

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If someone says all Muslims want to kill infidels, you may as well say all Christians are Westboro Baptist.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Understand,IF WE clean this mess ISLAM will be defined by THIS,it's BEYOND WWII the horror is delivered 6th century style.

Only ISLAM itself can redeem their name America is still occupied by those who orchestrate the world via money.WE as a people ONLY wish civility,OUR customs BESIDE others but a free mind seeks decadent tastes that Islam will have to let be as well as accepting ALL of the people of the book,Or else we go die slaughtering those animals only to see others who won't like us for it.
AND the revenge clock continues...Each hour another killing.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is a war of appearances, we must be careful with what the media says. Objectivity is not the objective.

Sadly, the few who cause trouble dictate how we live since we change the way we live based on these few.

They want us to live in fear. If we don't live like a terrorist is hiding in every suitcase we would actually be fighting the fear. We are currently nurturing this fear.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: TechniXcality

LOL...aren't you sweet and innocenti. If you really believe that...than you are forgiven.
I really dont understand what you mean by that could you further explain please?
edit on 23-9-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CheeryYellow
If someone says all Muslims want to kill infidels, you may as well say all Christians are Westboro Baptist.

That isn't even an insult, but I'll extrapolate on your generalization and play along:

I believe all christians are assholes, carry tacky signs and want an excuse to sue someone and all muslims are terrorists and want to bring about a global caliphate and institute shariah law upon us all.

When a 'moderate' muslim speaks, they're actually engaging in al taqiyya, or lying to us lowly kufars. But it's ok, because their version of sky daddy says it's acceptable. When a christian speaks it's generally to denigrate others while stroking their own ego.

Oh, and I would love to hear about all the suicide bombings that Westboro have committed in....well forever.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

well...you sort off had it coming.

I believe Western interests are matters of our nations security and should be trusted that at the very least our people and their protection are priority.

...western interests are matters of our (your) nations security ?...and should be trusted.... ? people's protection is priority ??

Have you just woken up from a 50-year slumber ? Perhaps you are like Captain America...thawed out....and need an update on the world affairs. Much has changed in recent decades.

Oh...btw...if nobody told you by now...we are in a global warming phase. Back in your days it was cooling if you remember.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton
Oh, and I would love to hear about all the suicide bombings that Westboro have committed in....well forever.

I doubt they could figure out how to make it work.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I am done being politically correct. The best thing to do if you follow Islam is to stop following Islam. If you truly follow it you must become a murderer.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Who are you to determine how to truly follow Islam? Are you a theologian?

The Bible (Old Testament) says that if your kid back talks you, you take them into town and have the villagers stone to death.

So if you "truly" follow Christianity (and Judaism) then, since this is what the text says, you'd have to have your children killed for back talking you too.

The problem is these texts are all contradictory from place to place and you can pick and choose verses to say anything you want.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CheeryYellow
I recommend giving up the Christianity farce as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CheeryYellow

The Westboro Baptist church just attends a lot of funerals-they don't cause them,thats your difference.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

To follow any religion that is judgmental, protects criminals, and uses it's faith to justify killings is not the word of a loving God. To believe otherwise is like wearing blinders. You only want to see the good but ignore the evil.

right i hope you hold catholic priests in the same light then...lets face it these pedophiles have been raping children since day dot and even have their own system of dodging the charges(internal justice) they just send the priest to another place to start all over...granted they are not killing people but how is it any better ?...should all Catholics be held to same contempt ?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
There are over 30,000 denominations of Christianity. Roughly ten fairly ones. Islam only has about five sects and only two of them are major. You can generalize about muslims a little more than you can Christians. I dont support hating on someone just for being muslim but im saying when it comes to those in the middle eastern cultures there is less variety. This is not just a religion thing it is also a cultural policy thing. The places where islam thrive many of them have policies and social structures that are more volotile and risk making the religion more dangerous. Christians that are trouble exist in parts of africa and these groups need to be stopped as well. The problem is when religion gets to people ignorant about science and other cultures. It becomes a threat to the world. Islam being a few hundred years later creation than christianity is still showing its childish violent tantrums like christians did a few hundred years ago. Policies of countries need to change and social structures need to change so islam actually becomes less a threat. Some random muslim in america who barely even reads the quran is obviously not anyone to worry as few cares that much to object moderates.
edit on 23-9-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

All muslims believe in sharia (the path).
You are obviously practicing taqiyya (condoned lying for the benefit of islam)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join