It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority of Muslims are scared of being tarred with the same brush:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There are assholes in every religion/culture. Are we going to believe that all Christians are bad because a minority of them formed cults and committed terrible acts? What about the issues within the Catholic Church? Is the entire Church bad because of a minority? Do the wrongs of a minority negate all the good/charitable deeds the Church does?

The Muslims that do not have anything to do with ISIS are scared. There are People protesting and calling for 'ALL Muslims' to be deported.

That is ignorant.

Why are so many fleeing on foot?
The Syrian Kurds fleeing Isis add to headaches for Turkey and Obama

The influx of refugees and calls for Turkey’s Kurds to fight Isis pile the pressure on Ankara and Washington

Some might say they are Christians that are fleeing because of Muslim persecution. The Sunni's are not Christian.
I have seen some terrible footage of Muslim men, women and children being persecuted by other Muslims.

These 'other Muslims' are a fraction of their population, they are extremists.

We have extremists in every culture. I just hope that People will calm down and not allow 'fear' to gazump their intellect.

edit on CDT09uMon, 22 Sep 2014 09:15:13 -05001513am264 by Thurisaz because: grammar: preview button is not working

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
There are assholes in every religion/culture. Are we going to believe that all Christians are bad because a minority of them formed cults and committed terrible acts? What about the issues within the Catholic Church? Is the entire Church bad because of a minority? Does those People who did wrong negate all the good/charitable deeds the Church does?

The Muslims that do not have anything to do with ISIS are scared. There are People protesting and calling for 'ALL Muslims' to be deported.

That is ignorant.

The influx of refugees and calls for Turkey’s Kurds to fight Isis pile the pressure on Ankara and Washington

Some might say they are Christians that are fleeing because of Muslim persecution. The Sunni's are not Christian.
I have seen some terrible footage of Muslim men, women and children being persecuted by other Muslims.

We have extremists in every culture. I just hope that People will calm down and not allow 'fear' to gazump their intellect.

I think the trouble is that when it comes to muslim extremists there seems to be a LOT more out there than any other religion, and those that are out there have done some terrible acts to get notoriety.

I don't look at it as ignorance, I look at it as fear. Take away the problem causing group and unless another comes in that is as bad then you have taken care of the problem. All they are doing is using religion for a reason to kill at this point.

I say wipe out religion in general....there would be a lot less to argue about and a lot less killing. Why do people need religion anyways? There is no proof of anything beyond life so they are all arguing over a book(s) that were written a long time ago with no proof of anything occurring after death from them.

Burn all religious books and lets see how things pan out....after that we can get rid of government.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
How embarrassing:

Jacqui Lambie says sharia supporters are 'maniacs' who will rape and murder 'until every woman in Australia wears a burka'

Jacqui Lambie has redoubled her attack on supporters of Islamic sharia law, telling Parliament they are "maniacs and depraved humans" who will not stop committing "cold-blooded butchery and rapes until every woman in Australia wears a burka".

The Palmer United Party senator has expressed strong views on the "evil" of sharia law, but yesterday struggled to explain what it was during an interview on the ABC's Insiders program.

In a lengthy speech in Parliament today, Senator Lambie acknowledged her difficulties in articulating theology.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Just imagine if the Muslims had interfered in the Northern Ireland conflict, what would Christians have had to say? Sometimes it's wiser to allow sectarian differences to sort themselves out. In the West, I dare say we do not understand what all the differences in Islamic culture are about especially when rooted in religion. The Muslims I know are ok people and if we exclude them all because of our own ignorance then we do nothing at all to advance the cause of peace.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

How embarrassing

Just to be clear.
Are you saying you support Sharia law?

edit on 9 22 2014 by stosh64 because: added quote txt

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
No... I am saying that not all Muslims are terrorists.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

There are assholes in every religion/culture. Are we going to believe that all Christians are bad because a minority of them formed cults and committed terrible acts? What about the issues within the Catholic Church? Is the entire Church bad because of a minority? Do the wrongs of a minority negate all the good/charitable deeds the Church does?

That is ignorant.

And not so long ago on your other thread..?

it is so scary.

I sharpened my kitchen knives today and even had one near me in case I was attacked by these extremists.

a man who looked like a Muslim walked past my house and I was ready, just in case.
Can't have guns in AU so my big butcher knife should protect me. My Son is away hunting at the moment so I am here all by my wee self.

There are Muslims living in my neighborhood.

sorry, care to explain

edit on 22-9-2014 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: amkia

yes it was satirical...

note the SPAM at the bottom of the post.

(I thought SPAM explained that)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Because Syria is a hell hole. The number of refugees is in the millions now, primarily spread between Lebanon, Turkey and Jordan.

Link and map

I don't suppose that Turkey had anything to do with that either. They have only been sending in trained, armed insurgents across their border for years now. Let alone all the American bases on their soil that have been pounding various countries in the Middle Eastern region as a whole. Reap the whirlwind, Turkey.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Its funny that non muslims are always the ones defending their honor. Where is the billion man outcry from the Muslim world denouncing and exterminating these so called extremists?
edit on 22-9-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

No... I am saying that not all Muslims are terrorists.

Not all, but they sure do make the news around the world daily for terrorist acts. Maybe the good ones should fight back with as much fervor as they can muster instead of just saying they aren't bad to local news.

I mean, if a Christian group was in the US and beheading people and suicide bombing public places.....I am pretty sure they would be squashed quickly by mostly the armed public and many whom may not even be Christian....there would be no need for military intervention. I can say one thing we don't allow to stick around in the US is terrorism of any kind.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

OK Just wanted to be clear. I wasn't sure if you were supporting Sharia by quoting that in your second post.

link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I am not defending anyone's honor.

It is a matter of balance.

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And then us in the US are looked at as bad because "That's their right". Be damned everyone else's rights living here.

+4 more 
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well, my opinion always has been:

If you don't like the radicals in your midst, crack down on them and police your own people. If you don't want to be painted with a broad brush by a few rotten apples -- throw out the rotten apples.

If the Muslim majority that aren't extremist did *something* instead of sitting on their hands -- it would go a long way. So far the perception of non-Muslim, Western people is that the Muslim majority is "silent" -- and thereby complicit with the radical terrorist actions.

Condemn, reach out, educate and help crack down on the radicals in your ranks -- this would go a long, long way. Staying silent is not that much different than outright supporting them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 22-9-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

it was embarrassing because one of our own Politicians looked like a complete dumb ass when questioned about it.

Lambie had no idea of facts but got swept up into public opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Balance interesting where is the balance in the Muslim world? Because right now it sure seems extremists are joining the cause everyday..

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

yes I agree...but the trend appears that they run away and seek refuge in other Countries.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom

yes I agree...but the trend appears that they run away and seek refuge in other Countries.

The running is going to end at some point. Muslims want everyone else to obey their laws but they come to other countries and want to force their will and say "We want rights". NO. It works both ways. I'm sick of bending for Muslims coming to the US and want all kinds of rights but if an American goes to a predominately Muslim country, we have no rights. Same goes for any other individual from a non-Muslim country.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

1 understands the logic in your OP Thurisaz , for stereo typing can be a incorrect assumption placed on a group on a consensus level. And as you shared within various religious groups exist extremist and deceptives.

Hopefully the peaceful (receptive to global) PEACE Islamic brethren of EA*RTH can get through this w/o being labeled by other religious on a consensus as the extremist are... Its comparable to some non HUMANs feeling all humans of EA*RTH are the same and behave/think the same which many do not...

NAMASTE*******

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join