It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority of Muslims are scared of being tarred with the same brush:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

right i hope you hold catholic priests in the same light then...lets face it these pedophiles have been raping children since day dot and even have their own system of dodging the charges(internal justice) they just send the priest to another place to start all over...granted they are not killing people but how is it any better ?...should all Catholics be held to same contempt ?

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I was raised catholic, went to a catholic private school, and was an alter boy for 3 years! I stopped practicing being a catholic years before the pedophiles came to light. I witnessed hypocrisy in the catholic religion as I was growing up and have argued that point with friends for years. Religion has played with peoples minds for thousands of years. People will continue to follow their religious beliefs believing it is the only way to their salvation. (Another ridiculous belief that religious organizations believe they know exactly what waits for them after death).

It's amazing how they believe an all powerful God would allow humanity to interpret the bibles writings in so many different ways. To prove that the world is so screwed up with what they believe is true when it comes to God and these "sacred writings", is to look at how many different religious beliefs and interpretations we have throughout our world. In the past and even to it's current day, these "sacred writings" have been responsible for beatings, killings, wars, discrimination and controlling the minds of millions of people.

When your own clergymen are involved in one of the most heinous crimes such as molestation of children, and the Vatican itself tries to protect them, there's something terribly askew. I've known a lot of guys, who were once close to the Catholic church like myself, who have now distanced themselves from it. When we talk about it, it's uncanny how we all saw the hypocrisy in our own religion.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

..i asked the question because it seemed to me you were lumping all muslims in the one boat...i was waiting for your answer before i would ask why are catholics not protesting in the street against these crimes.....but you have already answered the question in your previous post from where i asked the question(hope that makes sense)...

religion it would seem is only here to confuse and divide us all further..where to go from here i wonder

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tow69
a reply to: Thurisaz

Simple question for you

If this is the case then why have we NOT heard from any one of the Muslim community condemning ISIL and what they are doing?

NOT ONE WORD

I will say silence speaks volumes

That's a complete lie...
I'm not going to waste my time finding links to every Muslim that's come out and condemned IS because there is a great many...

Stop spreading lies and do some research!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: TechniXcality

I'm fairly certain that these radicals are being aided by Western interests to create a new boogyman. We have to keep the wars going, the military industrial complex has to keep making money at the expense of US lives!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

With all due respect...
You said Muslims should deal with this...
Now you're saying there is western intervention...

So how do you expect the average Muslim to fight the MIC?
Most global powers couldn't do that let alone a moderate unarmed family man...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Muslims don't deserve any special treatment.

When a nut job shoots up a school, Everybody yells that gun owners are responsible. No just that nut job is responsible.

When an atheist sues to have a cross removed, all atheists are anti Christian.

When a cop shoots an unarmed kid, all cops are killers.

Well guess what. when a terrorist is a Muslim extremist, all Muslims are extremists.

Why should Muslims get the benefit of a doubt but not anybody else?

Difference being that we surely would argue a case for the Cops, Atheists and Gun Owners...

That would be the righteous thing to do...

So why not do it for Muslims?

edit on 23-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You know what I mind though...no matter how much there was condemnation...(because..those are only words)...the biggest problem I see here is...reluctance of the "moderate" muslim majority to oust the extremists. Every single one of those extremists probably has many family members that are of moderate persuasion...if they have to chose between between their extremist family member and handing him over to the "authorities"...they will most likely choose the former and keep silent. That...coupled with a corrupt govrnement is the sole reason, extremists like ISIS even exist.

You know why is that ? Because you take religion too seriously. I find it ridiculous, but it is a telling sign that not all is well, when you muslims go bonkers over somebody "insulting" your prophet...or even drawing a cartoon of him. The entire muslim community is immediately up in "arms"...issuing fetvas or what not. That's a sign my good man...

Now, you may be a convert muslim...and being a westerner...gives you a unique perspective, but it also distances you somewhat from the "original" muslims that reside in the ME.

I wanna ask you two questions, just to see where your "muslimhood" stands...if you don't mind.

1. Do you take insult in various caricatures or the mere mention of the prophet in a derogatory way...an insult to your religious beliefs and what would you do about it ?

2. Don't know if you're married but...if you are or will be...would your wife be wearing a hijab or whatever the name is. To be more specific...would she necessarily be a muslim also...or you wouldn't mind marrying a western woman and letting her remain true to her customs and way of life ?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I agree with all of that, but when wa the last time a christian beheaded someone in public? Just saying.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

The rug heads themselves.

Absolutely shows where ATS mods and super mods stand when someone can be outright racist in their vitriol...

If I started a thread about Jews and referred to them as "hook noses" I'd be banned instantly...
If I said some of the things that have been said in this thread and reversed it to Israeli extremists I'd be an anti Semite and banned straight away...

Some Mods here are a waste of space...
But what's the odds that my post is removed and the rest remain???

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tow69

oh yes, some Muslims have started their own action group against ISIS:

"Not in our Name"

Young UK Muslims in protest at Islamic terrorists

#NotInMyName: Young Muslims speak out against Islamic State on social media

Young Muslims have taken to social media to protest against the Islamic State militant group, saying the extremists do not represent Islam.

British charity Active Change Foundation, who organised the campaign, said #notinmyname gave Muslims the opportunity to "denounce" the "violent" actions of IS in their own words.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
I agree with all of that, but when wa the last time a christian beheaded someone in public? Just saying.

sometime during the crusades...at least a 1000 years ago en.wikipedia.org...

they evolved from killing into child molestation...
edit on 23-9-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CheeryYellow
If someone says all Muslims want to kill infidels, you may as well say all Christians are Westboro Baptist.

yeah.. that is even scarier!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

1. Do you take insult in various caricatures or the mere mention of the prophet in a derogatory way...an insult to your religious beliefs and what would you do about it ?

Yes I do, seeing as we do not want depictions of the Prophet in any light...
Even in a good light it's tantamount to Idolatry...
He was a great man, but he was just a man not a deity...
And it is offensive in any light to have graven images... It's one of Moses commandments!

I don't know how I would react, I can be volatile for less, maybe that comes across extremist to some...
I'm not here to impress people though I'm here to learn!!!

2. Don't know if you're married but...if you are or will be...would your wife be wearing a hijab or whatever the name is. To be more specific...would she necessarily be a muslim also...or you wouldn't mind marrying a western woman and letting her remain true to her customs and way of life ?

My partner is Muslim, and she can wear what she wants... We are Sunni not Wahhabi...
Maybe you didn't read my Signature, but women are equal...
And our mothers are above all including our fathers...3 times more important as said the Prophet (pbuh)...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Thurisaz
No... I am saying that not all Muslims are terrorists.

Not all Muslims are terrorists, no, but these days, most terrorists are Muslims.

yeah, if you believe everything that the you read on MSN.

10 years ago, the term, Juvenile Offender was synonymous with Aboriginal Youth. MSN targeted them as well and still do.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

The same writings order hold the same importance in the Koran, however, in the earliest writings love and tolerance are taught; the later writings supersede the early writings,; in the later writings killing infidels is taught as what a Muslim should be doing. According to the Koran, Muslims are to obey the later writings rather than the early writings.

So a person that believes in the God of Abraham is an Infidel to a Muslim?

Maybe I should take the class you took because the Muslims I learned from taught me a different Islam or at least different definitions of terms and how they fit in context to the whole.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

originally posted by: CheeryYellow
If someone says all Muslims want to kill infidels, you may as well say all Christians are Westboro Baptist.

I believe all christians are assholes, carry tacky signs and want an excuse to sue someone and all muslims are terrorists and want to bring about a global caliphate and institute shariah law upon us all.

hmm well I am not Christian but I do respect the charitable work and their community efforts. Salvation Army and Red Cross for example devote much to the homeless and needy without expecting anything.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Well, I don't know any Christians who condone The Westboro Babtist Church's behavior, not a one. No one speaks up for them in any way. People show up regularly to to protest them, in fact, by physically joining together in a non-violent way to prevent them from trying to do their sick deeds.

This is what the Muslims need to do. Step in and physically prevent them from taking over and organize.

I don't want the U.S. to get involved. Saudi Arabia has plenty of dough, why can't they take care of the problem? Seriously, the U.S. needs to stay the heck away.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

sometime during the crusades...at least a 1000 years ago en.wikipedia.org...

they evolved from killing into child molestation...

And we're trying to fix that, actively trying to fix it and putting our own religions up against the wall and holding them to account. Not as much as they deserve, but something is happening, at least.

The fact remains that it is extremist muslims that are committing murders and terrorism - not christians. Again, I want to be clear that I think all religions are insane - but is islam especially insane?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: artnut

Well, I don't know any Christians who condone The Westboro Babtist Church's behavior, not a one. No one speaks up for them in any way. People show up regularly to to protest them, in fact, by physically joining together in a non-violent way to prevent them from trying to do their sick deeds.

This is what the Muslims need to do. Step in and physically prevent them from taking over and organize.

I don't want the U.S. to get involved. Saudi Arabia has plenty of dough, why can't they take care of the problem? Seriously, the U.S. needs to stay the heck away.

ANd yet hardly a peep from the arab or muslim world.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Absolutely shows where ATS mods and super mods stand when someone can be outright racist in their vitriol...

If I started a thread about Jews and referred to them as "hook noses" I'd be banned instantly...
If I said some of the things that have been said in this thread and reversed it to Israeli extremists I'd be an anti Semite and banned straight away...

Some Mods here are a waste of space...
But what's the odds that my post is removed and the rest remain???

Sure must be lonely up there on that cross.

But I understand, since you're apparently far too busy bitching about racism (Tell me, what race exactly is a muslim? Wouldn't xenophobic be more apropos? Or maybe it's natural to have an aversion to a 'religion'' that is known to spontaneously
) you're ability to use the ATS search function must of been diminished.

ATS Search: JOOS

Maybe, just maybe the reason that the majority of the world is so pissed at 'moderate' muslims is because there is an ENTIRE sub-continent of your ilk that can't seem to put their dick beaters down and defend their religion of peace from those who bastardize it.

So if "Some Mods here are a waste of space..." just because they don't remove mean 'ol hurtful words, what does that make you since you're here and not on the streets of London with a bullhorn denouncing militant islam, sharia law, isis, hamas, etc., etc., etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join