It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush event misrepresented audience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is a very curious story indeed.

Bush event misrepresented audience
May 28, 2003 ::

By now, various national media have reported upon George Bush�s visit to Indianapolis, and the extent to which his handlers manipulated the images of the crowd in attendance. The New York Times and CNN, among others, detailed White House efforts to encourage attendees of Bush�s speech to remove their ties, so that their appearance would more represent the stereotype of ordinary Hoosiers.

What NUVO has recently turned up goes well beyond asking individuals to remove their ties, however.

�That was the first thing,� said an Indianapolis resident who attended the speech and wishes to remain anonymous. �They told us to take off our ties. That was OK by me, mine was half-choking me anyways. I hate ties. But then, right before they started broadcasting, they stopped us again.�

The anonymous source said that White House handlers approached dozens of people in the crowd, distributing white, button-down shirts.

�I guess they didn�t like the fact that my shirt was made in Pakistan,� explained the source. �They wanted us to wear shirts that were made in the United States.�
After the incident of the shirts, the speech and celebration continued without apparent incident.

However, it was after the event that the real trouble began. Television broadcasts of the Bush speech, distributed locally as well as nationally and internationally, reveal a computer generated audience as a backdrop for the president.

�That�s why I called you guys,� said the source. �When I tuned in to the TV news that night, and saw what they�d done, I just could not believe it.�

The source said he spotted himself in the audience, but that the woman beside him was black, not white.

�I should know,� the source quipped. �She�s my wife and last time I looked she was white.�

NUVO was able to locate a smuggled amateur video of the Bush event, and by matching that document with the subsequently broadcast visuals, it�s clear that the Bush handlers manipulated the images of the audience to reflect more diversity of age and race than truly existed.

In the fabricated broadcasts, blacks, Latinos and whites are evenly distributed in number, with the occasional Asian, Native American and Pacific Islander. Also evident are numerous hip-looking young people, ogling the president with absolute attentiveness.

Our raw footage reveals an audience of predominantly white, middle-aged people, picking their noses, placing fingers in their ears and digging around in a circular motion, prying crusty matter out of their eyes, as well as one gentleman who was flossing his teeth with thread he plucked from his frayed sock.

We would show you the stunning contrast between the two video versions, but unfortunately you are reading a newspaper, which makes moving images almost impossible to convey with any verisimilitude.

�It just made me sick,� said the source, referring to whatever it was he was talking about. �You can�t believe anything these days anymore.

�But,� he added, smiling, �I�ll probably go ahead and vote for Bush next time anyways. I think he�s a great leader.�

[Edited on 30-5-2003 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of B.S. to me.

I tell ya, some people take this conspiracy stuff too far.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Maybe, I've said before that I try to take everything I read and hear witha grain of salt, but what if it is true?

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
The anonymous source said that White House handlers approached dozens of people in the crowd, distributing white, button-down shirts.
�I guess they didn�t like the fact that my shirt was made in Pakistan,� explained the source. �They wanted us to wear shirts that were made in the United States.�

Our raw footage reveals an audience of predominantly white, middle-aged people, picking their noses, placing fingers in their ears and digging around in a circular motion, prying crusty matter out of their eyes, as well as one gentleman who was flossing his teeth with thread he plucked from his frayed sock.

Well, those two parts of the statement are enough for me.
They've got "hoax" written all over them.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Speaking as a proud Hoosier...i'm a lil offended. What does a ordinary hoosier look like? We are a diverse group of folk I'm sure there were plenty of black and latinos and asians there. And maybe the guys wife went to the restroom and they used a seat filler who knows...either way old white men picking at themselves is wildly over blown. I was caught in traffic on 38th Street and seen all type of folk flowing in and out.

garbage.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Whether true or not, we do know that media has manipulated coverage in the past. This sounds like crap to me, but it could be true goven the nature of the leader and his goons.

Its common to doctor up media footage or, to use camera tricks to make things bigger than they are. Protesters have been known to do this to make a rally or gathering look bigger than it really is. It wouldnt surprise me if the Bush team used similar tactics, tho I dunno about computer generation. Possible. Who knows?

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Bush will do anything in his power to get the minority vote.

Face is George, we just don't like you!

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
No one with half a brain can like Bush.

Dont understand why the military likes him. he wasa draft dodger AND went AWOL from the Air National guard.

Even having two blacks on his cabinet cannot hide the fact that he still has Ashcroft and Rumsfeld.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I wouldn't be too surprised if this was true. Stage managing events is pretty common, as ever it's all about the image and how you want to be seen, not how you are.

Found a reference to this story at the end of an article praising Bush for his 'advancement' in his oratorical style.

"The experts say that many of Bush's speaking events seem carefully stage-managed -- further evidence of how much work goes into shaping the public's impression of him.

"That trip to the aircraft carrier was a clear manipulation," said Miles Patterson, chairman of the psychology department of the University of Missouri at St. Louis. He cited Bush's use of macho military trappings as a textbook example of "image management."

White House personnel even told people who sat behind Bush during a recent visit to Indiana to remove their neckties so they would look more like "ordinary people" on television, according to WISH-TV in Indianapolis.

"When the guy from the White House tells you to take your tie off, you don't ask why," said Brian Bosma, the state Legislature's House Republican leader.

www.newhousenews.com...

It's nothing new from the Bush administration (they're not alone though).

This from the Washington post in July '99:

"...marvelled at the efficiency of the nascent Bush operation, saying the staging of events was "at almost a White House level of execution."

His campaign is carefully stage-managed. Outside of the fund-raising events populated by thousands of wealthy contributors, Bush's public schedule was designed to put him in settings with audiences that produced visual images of a candidate reaching out to minority children. The photos sent just the signals Bush's campaign had hoped for, prompting a southern Democrat traveling in California last week to say the coverage of Bush there was "like the pope in south Texas."

A piece from Pravda (yeah, yeah, I know, but do you expect to hear it from the U.S media?) On Bush's economic forum in August '02:

"The list of invitees guaranteed that there would be no serious debate, let alone criticism of Bush-s economic policies. Excluded were any of the 2 million workers who have been thrown out of work since last year or those who have seen their 401(k) retirement benefits wiped out on the stock market. Nor were any small investors, defrauded by Enron, WorldCom and other companies, present at the event to voice their anger.

Instead the White House handpicked the 250 participants, which included corporate executives? Most of whom had donated hefty sums to Bush and the Republican Party. In addition, there were the heads of investment firms and small business owners, with the requisite representation of black and Hispanic entrepreneurs. The ordinary workers, whom Bush acknowledged had opinions too, were in fact mostly labor bureaucrats from the Teamsters and carpenters unions, which have close ties to the White House.

Not surprisingly, the consensus among this crowd was that the economy, while having some problems, was heading in the right direction under the leadership of President Bush"

And does anyone remember the Administrations refusal for Bush to do a speech to the E.U unless he received a standing ovation and a guarantee of no heckling or protests? Needless to say it didn't happen.

It's all just another branch in the big tree of propaganda.

[Edited on 2-6-2003 by kegs]

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Forgot the links...

Washington post article:

www.washingtonpost.com...

Pravda article:

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Racism removed by SimonGray

How's that for reverse racism Thorfin.

Sorry I had to show such a bad side of me, but I'll be damned if I let the poor blacks make themselves worse off by supporting democrats who just want to hike taxes and dish out welfare money so they can take all the power from the states.

As The wrestler turned Governor (forgot his name) said, "The futher away you send your money, the less you get back because of all the beauracracy handling charges".

The Democrats want to send your Money to the moon and back to make sure they can scrape every penny off the top they can.

*EDIT* Was informed by MisterBellatrix that the Governor is Jesse Ventura, thanks Mister.

Also, since talking with Mister, I feel I should stress that my "racist comment" is completely a statement of how no one should make racist comments of blacks, whites whatever, and does not reflect in any way a real feeling.

[Edited on 3-6-2003 by TheWanderer]

[Edited on 3-6-2003 by SimonGray]

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It's because I'm not a racist that made Wanderer's comment so funny and perfectly ok for me to laugh at it. And if that doesn't make sense to whoever is reading this, then that means YOU are the racist my friend!

But back to the topic at hand, I think the point you all need to look at is that sh!t has gotten so f*cked that you really don't know if it's true or not. Isn't the fact that we even have to question if the leader of our country is creating a false reality with which to decieve us??

And if the last statement by the guy in the article would realy vote for the so called "great leader" that just turned his wife into a different ethnic group to deceptively scrounge up some more votes based on lies is true, then this is the guy we need to silence before he get's a chance to vote his simple minded, retard mongoloid vote one more time.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well at first I didn't know what to make out of your comment mOjOm but after several reads it seems to be alright lol

For sure, anyone who takes offense at my comment does so themselves for that is not the intent.

I think there are more important things than to wonder if everything is just some digital mock up.

Hell the war in Iraq could be a digital mock up.

When I heard that propoganda minister say, "They are not really in Baghdad, they are not here, fight them back." I just thought to myself...lol what if he is telling the truth?

You just gotta go with the information provided, and think with a moral heart, not a "reasonable mind" because reason can be twisted through lies.

top topics

join