It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that a Drill Sergeant or a Police Officer? Belligerent Cop Loses it On Man for Knowing His Rights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The problem isn't the orders, it's who executes them. It's the same with the uniform. The uniform does not make a person bad, it's the person. I've run into nice officers so many times; I needed directions last week and the officer was awesome. Felt like he was someone I was hanging out with after class.

Some just get big heads. It's a shame because the media will report them but not the ones who do try to serve and protect to the best of their abilities.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Your Right and they have my wife's dad was cop in New York from the late sixties... became a quadriplegic do to the job ...one cop checked and came back to her and said Holy # you had one hell of a dad... and shook her hand.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

That reminds me of a story I heard years ago. Whenever this person got stopped, he would put a police cadet's training manual on his dashboard. He claimed he got out of all traffic stops due to it. I can imagine nowadays they'd debunk that in two seconds and he could get in trouble depending on the situation/officer.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Well tell those danged illegals.

It's gone too far that's why. I understand where your coming from. The older I get the more compliant I am.(within reason)

That being said the attitude of Leo's in general coupled with average citizens being over policed and mistreated has left a sour taste in my mouth. If you wish to be respected I suggest your garner and wield a form of respect and proper treatment as well.

After all I have not asked to be subjected to unavoidable interference by LE. I have not violated any law forcing me to be subject to suffer such. So damn it, forgive me if I may be a little unnerved.

After all isn't that Leo's excuse for being aggressive? That street goes both ways.....

edit on 9/21/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Can't blame the police officer here he's being put into this situation by the department.

Take issue with your local authorities.

So being an a'hole is departmental policy?

Noted...we'll get that revised.

EDIT:
And to add further...the issue here isn't constitutional...it's about the negative demeanor of the officer. The same as with the case where the officer threw a k-9 dog into the vehicle of a suspect who had surrendered. This isn't about departmental policy as I have stated before. It's about officers who lose their s# daily and are a literal menace to society.
edit on 9/21/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wonder why this guy didnt lock his door, seems like a rookie mistake if your gonna go the route he did.
I bet my big toe this guy was former service, just the way he got up in the dudes face the way he did brings me back to the recruit depot, shoot even the drill instructor style cover. Been 'pecked' by those a number of times.

And wth is a roadside safety check??

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

After all the incidents I've seen over the years, I think the question of where all the "good cops" are at is a DAMNED good one. It's right there in this video, for one of a million or so instances, where nothing is done. A man is strapped into his car being terrorized by a fully armed pig and his blue line buddy does nothing.

If I did this to another person, I'd see jail. If I did this to a cop, I'd be dead. So what is going to happen to this brown shirt? I bet he gets commended and a raise.

I'll just never understand the hate they show in videos like this. They hate us so much that they don't care that they are being filmed because they will get away with it. That dehumanization is quite frankly disgusting but shows how deep this is. That there is programming at work, propaganda at it's finest. I bet this pig thinks there is a boogeyman in each car, under every bed, in very closet and we must be protected from ourselves(but not from thugs like him, as he's the "good guy").

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The Police Cadet program here in New England each phase they go thru every year is very physical...700 kids ..300 instructors ....@ years ago my daughter was the No.1 cadet...she got 7 job offers from Chiefs of 7 departments ,
She asked why are you offering me this, I am only 17...their reply was you are No.1 ..there's only 1 number one each year.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What was the safety check? Vehicle? Looked like a ticket trolling for license and insurance.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Gotta bring in revenue.

They can't check for safety without popping the hood and inspecting the tires and brake systems.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

That dude needs to stop acting like such a b*tch when a cop is yelling at you... There are people all around, cars, cops, etc. its not like he's going to shoot you.... oh wait... he might... lol

I live in Illinois..... Relatively close to Dekalb county, as in 35 minute drive away... I WISH I would have known about this irritable cop working that night, I would have had some FUN with him for sure... hahaha...

Such Egomaniacs in uniform. It's so absurd, you can only laugh at these delusional cops who think they're all that..

"It's a privilege not a right to drive"....... Ummmm okay...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Don't you just love when cops make you feel all warm and safe!!! Tax dollars for a good cause, right?

In my home town, the mayor of my city is a former police officer who served on the force for a good 20-25 years before taking office. His nickname was "Officer Friendly" because he was a friendly guy, not being sarcastic here... I guess those days are LONG gone...

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Btw- I took that youtube link and just emailed it to the Illinois State Police email address asking them if this is standard protocol for an officer to act like this. I also expressed how I'm disappointed that my Illinois tax dollars are going to fund psychos patrolling the streets like this and if they don't respond to my email (to my satisfaction) I'm contacting the Illinois Attorney General...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Good job. I'll be curious about the reply you get, if any.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Btw- I took that youtube link and just emailed it to the Illinois State Police email address asking them if this is standard protocol for an officer to act like this. I also expressed how I'm disappointed that my Illinois tax dollars are going to fund psychos patrolling the streets like this and if they don't respond to my email (to my satisfaction) I'm contacting the Illinois Attorney General...

This^^^^

All americans should do the same!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm not gonna lie, I get a little confused with road side police checks. Is it illegal or not? Does it differ from state to state or is this federal? Also, if they are illegal, what is the course of action to take when being stopped? What rights do you express? How do you address the officer? What SHOULD you say? What should you stay away from doing? I really want to understand this, but I've seen some videos where the cops get frustrated and let the motorist go and I've seen others where the cops act like you are resisting/refusing to cooperate and threaten charges... Just trying to better understand this...

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: jhn7537

Good job. I'll be curious about the reply you get, if any.

I will share it immediately if/when I hear back... Knowing that I threatened the Attorney General I think I will hear something, unless they don't give two #s...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

This^^^^

Totally agree... American's need to hold these people accountable for their actions.. Police are here to serve and protect, not put fear in people and in that YT clip, the guy was obviously scared when the cop got in his face

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

People who are subject to these unconstitutional safety checks should organize and file a mass lawsuit. There's strength in numbers, and I'm sure there are a lot of attorneys who would love to take the case.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

This^^^^

Totally agree... American's need to hold these people accountable for their actions.. Police are here to serve and protect, not put fear in people and in that YT clip, the guy was obviously scared when the cop got in his face

Great. When will 'you' be emailing the department ? Let us have a copy of the email sent and the reply.
We will all be eagerly awaiting an update.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join