It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that a Drill Sergeant or a Police Officer? Belligerent Cop Loses it On Man for Knowing His Rights

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is the email I sent the Illinois State Police...

To whom it may concern,

I came across the clip below earlier today and was very disturbed to see an officer acting in this manner. They knew they were being video taped, yet the officer (unsure of his name) was acting extremely hostile and belligerent towards the driver during the road side stop. As a tax paying citizen of Illinois, I never want to be fearful of my police. I was under the impression the Illinois State Police was to serve and protect, and not scare/put fear in the citizens of this state. The guy in the video wasn't being rude, he was just trying to express his constitutional rights and the officer apparently didn't like the push back he received from this gentlemen. I'm hopeful I will get an explanation from your department in regards to officer protocol and whether you approve of how this officer acted in this clip. I will be sending a copy of this to the Illinois Attorney General for their office to look at to see if they see any problems with how the officer acted.

The clip of the Illinois State Trooper.

www.youtube.com...

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you,

John P.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
All I can say is...Holy Crap!

I was just stopped at an unconstitutional CHECKPOINT in DeKalb, Illinois. This was Illinois State Police conducting the unconstitutional searches. You won’t believe how this just went down! I completely forgot to ask for name and badge number because this guy scared the # out of me. He was not aware that he was being recorded when he ripped my door open. Unbelievable! This kind of misconduct and behavior is not acceptable. This is what happens when you exercise your Constitutional Rights as a law abiding American citizen. Share the hell out of this and make this video go viral!

Nighthawk, you live in Illinois, the most corrupt state outside of Cali. I know you heard the sayings:

There are 3 K's in Kankakee
If you are black once you leave cook county going south you can't stop until you get to Boomtown on the other side of Cairo.
Champaign and Pulaski county are so racist, they go after whites they suspect support "other races".

I've seen some incredible overzealous police down in Chambama to the point I've never ever gone back. Talk about jumping out like Dukes of Hazzard out of bushes at night with NO LIGHTS on 57.

I've see Pulaski county (SIU) police get Radio Planes to clock your speed so they can car chase you in unmarked cars like they trying to car jack you.

Don't get me started on CPD and tint, or hey, you're in a 85 Monte Carlo/Cutlass/Grand Prix you must be a hood drug dealer, or going to see one.

It's Illinois....things like this been going on for ages. Be thankful they didn't impound and crush your car!!!!

thefreethoughtproject.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: nighthawk1954

See the "good cop" behind him, doing nothing. This guys in a rage for no reason yet the others just let him be.

America, land of the Police State. When they say jump, you say how high.

Hell, there at least five or six cops standing letting that happen. But that is a good way to get shot for nothin.'

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

See the "good cop" behind him, doing nothing. This guys in a rage for no reason yet the others just let him be.

Hell, there at least five or six cops standing letting that happen. But that is a good way to get shot for nothin.'

Agreed, would be nice if one of those cops would have stepped in to deescalate the situation.. But instead they all stand back like cowards... Unless, well, they agree with how the officer acted in the youtube clip.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I'm sorry but this guy was acting like a total tool and deserved a good 'verbal'. Look how fast he handed over his DL and got on his way. Immediately out of the gate he was being belligerent thinking he had some legal grounds for being 'annoying' when all he had to do was let the cops do their jobs. He probably would have been gone sooner if he hadn't made such a stink about it.

Before you all flame me, I am well aware of the police corruption and I understand how bad it's getting. Especially with the puppycide thing going on but c'mon already. We all know you catch more flies with honey. What he did was just asking for it.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

I'm sorry but this guy was acting like a total tool and deserved a good 'verbal'. Look how fast he handed over his DL and got on his way. Immediately out of the gate he was being belligerent thinking he had some legal grounds for being 'annoying' when all he had to do was let the cops do their jobs. He probably would have been gone sooner if he hadn't made such a stink about it.

Before you all flame me, I am well aware of the police corruption and I understand how bad it's getting. Especially with the puppycide thing going on but c'mon already. We all know you catch more flies with honey. What he did was just asking for it.

These searches are illegal, he felt that his rights were being abused, he had EVERY RIGHT to question the officer... Why can't a cop just answer a question when asked one? The guy asked "am i being detained?" Is it so hard to say yes or no.. and if yes, please explain why... The cop was EXTREMELY unprofessional, and I HOPE all cops who act like this are dealt with by their supervisors... We don't owe these cops sh*t... If they feel their job is too stressful or too dificult then go find a new one.. Cops are held to a higher standard because for obvious reasons, they are held to higher standards and I expect them to act like decent human beings.

You wrote "He probably would have been gone sooner if he hadn't made such a stink about it."

So you want people to just conform to the BS searches that our Govt are imposing on us that are unconstitutional?
edit on 21-9-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What a piece of trash cop. This cop obviously became a cop for the wrong reason. You do not speak to the public in this manner. This town should demand that this little idiot prick be fired. I don't think people of this state/town should stop until he's working as a cashier at Burger King.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
What a piece of trash cop. This cop obviously became a cop for the wrong reason. You do not speak to the public in this manner. This town should demand that this little idiot prick be fired. I don't think people of this state/town should stop until he's working as a cashier at Burger King.

Well, I already emailed the Illinois State Police today, hopefully I will get a reply tomorrow to share with you all... And I agree, as a Illinois resident, who lives relatively close to where this happened, this is 100% unacceptable and unprofessional..

I guess the point I'm trying to make is WHY should we make their life easier when they don't care to make ours easier, with these stupid roadside checks?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537The guy asked "am i being detained?" Is it so hard to say yes or no.. and if yes, please explain why... The cop was EXTREMELY unprofessional, and I HOPE all cops who act like this are dealt with by their supervisors...

IIRC, when he asked the first cop, "Am I being detained?" the response was, "No, but you are not free to leave." If you're not free to leave, you are technically under arrest. At that point, he might have asked on what charge he was being arrested.

Also, in Illinois, "safety checks" like this have some requirements. There is some good information here on the constitutionality of the checks, as well as the limitations PD operates under.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I don't know what's going down over there regarding these weird random check stops, but a check stop is a check stop isn't it? During the holidays there's check stops too but people seem to be more willing to comply knowing they're only looking for drunk drivers. My point is, you don't roll into a check stop and start inciting the cops first thing. That's the WRONG way to approach it my friend.You can still stand your ground but timing is everything. At least I would try to get a sense of the cop first before I started in. The first one seemed nice, clearly the second one was tired of the disrespect. And the second one didn't even touch him, just gave him a verbal smack down. That's like going through border control and making a big fuss about going through your luggage. The wrong thing to do.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm glad to see someone take some initiative and do something about it! Great job!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What a total prick.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

I don't know what's going down over there regarding these weird random check stops, but a check stop is a check stop isn't it? During the holidays there's check stops too but people seem to be more willing to comply knowing they're only looking for drunk drivers. My point is, you don't roll into a check stop and start inciting the cops first thing. That's the WRONG way to approach it my friend.You can still stand your ground but timing is everything. At least I would try to get a sense of the cop first before I started in. The first one seemed nice, clearly the second one was tired of the disrespect. And the second one didn't even touch him, just gave him a verbal smack down. That's like going through border control and making a big fuss about going through your luggage. The wrong thing to do.

Come on, you can't honestly equate going through a border crossing with a random checkpoint stop on some expressway??? When you are going through a border crossing, the country you are entering has EVERY right to inspect/check whatever is entering their country... That is WAY different than some innocent bystander just driving down the road and being forced to comply with a belligerent officer.

It starts with random searches like this, next you will see cops just randomly busting through your front door of your house to see if you have drugs or doing anything illicit... The point I'm making is you correct the problem early, so it doesn't develop into a major problem down the road... Understand that the cops/Govt. will gladly keep taking away our rights if we don't stand up and do something about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You're right, they're not the same thing. But you respond to authority politely, at least you're supposed to. I've seen worse cases of police abusing their authority. What's wrong with just getting your id ready, show it to them and be on your way? If they asked him to step out and starting making a fuss about nothing then perhaps he would have a point.

I think my logic is, don't make waves. At least not roadside, it's futile. Make waves on a larger scale because by yourself, you're out numbered.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
But but, the new u2 album on my phone. HOW DARE THEY

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I agree that decent humans should treat ANYONE with respect and courtesy, but the issue here is that we have a division growing in the country, citizens vs LEO, where there isn't trust between the two groups and it's just ripping this country a part... From Ferguson, to these searches, to the police force in essence militarizing themselves.. It's almost like we need to hit a reset button and get EVERYONE back on the same page, or I anticipate it getting much more worse in the not so near future.

I disagree with you on the point you made about how we're "supposed" to respond to authority politely.. I guess it's a double-edged sword, meaning I always give respect (just the way I was raised), so it's second nature to me, but I don't feel cops feel that same way and they should... There should be a mutual respect, but I've noticed recently (last decade or so) that it's rare to get respect from officers (just speaking from my experience).

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The thing that would have myself concerned is now the LEO has my address. What is to stop him from taking this to a personal level (made him look like a chump in front of his peers). Look at how he acted when it was not called for, is that a sane person's reaction?
I would be concerned that he has the "authority" to make me and mine lives a living hell.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

That is the way it is in Canada in America it is not that way. In America for the police to legally stop you you have to break the law such as a broken light or not coming to a full stop at a stop sign or light. These "safety checks" that these cops are doing are illegal and the guy had every right to protest his being stopped for no reason.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: Aliensun

Agreed, would be nice if one of those cops would have stepped in to deescalate the situation.. But instead they all stand back like cowards... Unless, well, they agree with how the officer acted in the youtube clip.

I think they agree. Because they are all POS.

edit on 21-9-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I dunno. You'd be surprised how far a 'how's your day sir?" will go. Not long ago I got pulled over for no seat belt plus I was speeding, motorcycle cop. Had my drone sitting beside me in the passenger seat too, was heading out to fly. We talked, even got into a minor debate about seat belt fatality statistics and I bragged about how amazing of a driver I am. He asked me about my drone and we talked briefly about how far it can go and how much it costs. All I got was the seat belt ticket and and he let me know he's letting me off the speeding. Point is, cops are just regular people too but when you immediately jump out of the gate on them, they go into 'work mode'. You don't want that. You want them in 'people' mode. Tone of voice and choice of words means everything.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join