It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare, 4 years later, an attitudinal approach

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

I lost a friend because of Obama care.
She was 72 years old and was refused a colonoscopy. A year later she died of colon cancer.
She was also only allowed 2 weeks of physical therapy after her surgery.
Hospitals and doctors in my area refuse to accept Medicare and Obama care.
So even if you have Obama care you can't get treatment.
So do not praise Obama care within my hearing.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Oh come on....it is truly wonderful.........I mean, my Health insurance plan increased in the monthly premium by $300, increased in the Deduction, lowered the hospitals I am in network with and was told by the insurance company, BCBS, that this is due to them not being able to carry the top level insurance for much longer due to changes in the insurance world.

SO.......it is super fantastic. I love that Govt has FORCED everyone into a program that is becoming essentially the VA.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yeah, I mean, damn those states for not taking the Federal bribe....er tax money to play the game.

Can't have people actually paying for their life choices....must have everyone else fund it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yes, and offset by fellow tax payers.
That is great for you.........that you can leach off of the others within the US.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Well folks? We have more uninsured than before we started.

Well duh of course we do. How many of these cheap ass companies cut their employee's hours so they wouldn't have to provide health insurance for their employees?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: searching411

She was 72 years old and was refused a colonoscopy. A year later she died of colon cancer.

If the doctors and hospitals had accepted Obamacare would she have lived? Looks like the real problem was the doctors and the hospitals for not accepting Obamacare.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

they thought that republicans would want the poor to have some basic healthcare...

So, the evil Republicans, the ones that the Democrats have been trying to convince us want to force grandma and grandpa to eat dog food.... were expected to support Obama's plan??
That doesn't make much sense.

So you didn't know that the Republicans had been pushing this everyone has to have insurance agenda for years? Romney was the first to push it on the people when he was Governor.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
that's your problem, not mine....

Paying for someone else's entitlements = not the recipient's problem... gotcha!
:RollinDemEyes:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

On a state level. We have gone over this many times before.

Not on a Federal Govt level.

And the Think Tank was doing what a Think Tank does....come up with scenarios.

This is not very difficult to understand....even for Progressives.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Don't you know.....you just need to fork over your money, and stop complaining.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Don't you know.....you just need to fork over your money, and stop complaining.

Many times I have regretted my obsessive level of condom usage in my early 20's. Had I known that I'd end up with so many mouths to feed, bodies to clothe, and noses to wipe regardless of my own personal responsibilities, I'd have never concerned myself with being a mature, responsible individual...

Mistakes were certainly made.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

No good deed or responsible act goes unpunished by the Govt.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: butcherguy

they thought that republicans would want the poor to have some basic healthcare...

So, the evil Republicans, the ones that the Democrats have been trying to convince us want to force grandma and grandpa to eat dog food.... were expected to support Obama's plan??
That doesn't make much sense.

So you didn't know that the Republicans had been pushing this everyone has to have insurance agenda for years? Romney was the first to push it on the people when he was Governor.

You need to talk to Jimmyx.
He doesn't know it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
On the bright side, we now have @ 11 million illegal aliens signed up for it!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: searching411

Did she die from a lack of receiving a colposcopy? Or lack of physical therapy? You said she received a surgery? If so, what for? A surgery indicated by a colonoscopy? Hospitals in your area refuse to accept Medicare? So they only accept private insurance? And you mention a "year later" she died? She was on Obamacare over a year ago? It just rolled out? Lastly...ACA or Obamacare made it mandatory that all plans provide for Physical Therapy under the "Essential Benefits" Umbrella"...also they require insurance companies to cover Colonoscopies with zero out of pocket expense...Ditto Medicare..

How again did your friend die due to Obamcare??

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The ACA is a flop. It has driven prices up and the policies we can get now have higher deductibles. Didn't help me out a bit, except the plans I had for my kids are now more expensive.

Also, I wouldn't blame the progressives here. The progressives wanted a single-payer plan in which everyone was covered.

The ACA is a fascist piece of crap that was put in place to funnel more money out of our pockets and in to the hands of the rich corporate insurance companies.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Please Beez... decorum. It's undocumented immigrants now. Sheesh!

To paraphrase a certain colonel from Full Metal Jacket:

Son, all I've ever asked of my middle class citizens is that they pay everyone else's entitlements as they would the debts of God. We are here to help the uninsured, because inside every uninsured there is an insured American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this keeping your earned money craze blows over.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

VA style Healthcare here we come. Hope everyone is ready for 2-6 month wait times, wait lists being pencil whipped, poor care and motrin as the cure all.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: beezzer

Please Beez... decorum. It's undocumented immigrants now. Sheesh!

To paraphrase a certain colonel from Full Metal Jacket:

Son, all I've ever asked of my middle class citizens is that they pay everyone else's entitlements as they would the debts of God. We are here to help the uninsured, because inside every uninsured there is an insured American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this keeping your earned money craze blows over.

Not sure what to do with someone who substitutes the g-word for Vietnamese, with the "uninsured"?

On your earlier post, I can think of better reasons than pesky entitlements to be grateful you limited reproduction in your youth.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Every prediction the GOP and Far Right made about Obamacare has been debunked by reality...

Enrollment now exceeds CBO Projections.

Rates insurers have released for 2015 are actually a lower rate of increase than in years past...slowing growth of healthcare expenses.

The rate of uninsured has dropped to it's lowest in years..

15 Million new people on the rolls between CHIP, Medicaid and the Exchange.

It seems to me that the far right is left with nothing but personal fabrications and stories...I know someone that Obamacare killed!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join