It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry suggests Iran could lead fight against Isil if US 'fails miserably'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well nothing like the high levels of government being extra confident !!

Secretary of State John Kerry actually said this while under some "pressure" during a Q&A session in the Senate.

Are these politicians really *THAT* insecure?

Do they even know and understand what is going on?

Maybe it's all about the "Sunni" vs. "Shii'te" gas pipelines?

Secretary of state's hypothetical scenario likely to frustrate White House and stoke Sunni suspicions

John Kerry suggested today that the task of defeating the Islamic State could fall to Iran and the Syrian government if the US was "failing miserably" in its effort to defeat the jihadists.

The hypothetical scenario raised by the secretary of state is likely to be a new frustration for the White House, which has spent the day quashing speculation by American generals that US ground troops could be sent back to Iraq.

John Kerry suggests Iran could lead fight against Isil if US 'fails miserably'

What's Going On ??

Rubio Questions Kerry On Administration's Strategy To Defeat ISIL

www.youtube.com...=182

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Kerry is such a stupid F**K that when questioned about Building Seven, first he said he'd never heard of it, then declared that it 'must have been built badly', then went on to infer it must have been demolished... all the while Teresa is standing by his side looking rather alarmed at the questioning.

It's been over a decade and these people give no indication that their research skills outpace any of the bimbos on Faux Spews..

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Are these politicians really *THAT* insecure?

Yep, but the word I would use would be BONEHEADED.

Some applaud that ISIS is fighting Iranian Shiite "fire" with Sunni "fire"; that a new Sunni state is taking shape at the very heart of what they regard as a historical Sunni patrimony; and they are drawn by Da'ish's strict Salafist ideology.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores Read more: www.upi.com...

Saudi Arabia now "has the opportunity to regain its leading role" in the region after it "subsided in favor of Iran and Turkey following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and the U.S. invasion of Iraq," in 2003, observed political analyst Abdullah al-Shummari. Read more: www.upi.com...

The actions we have taken.

The actions we ARE taking.

Is fueling that fire burning in the Middle East since Muhammad walked the earth.

ALL ROADS lead to the House of Saud, and the House of the 'Supreme Leader'.

The current government,and it's pundits (the Kerry's) offer NO solution.

edit on 19-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm gonna repeat this in every thread that I hear it stated...

IS are not Sunni!!!

Never has been, never will be...

Al Baghdadi wasn't elected via Shura...
He is a self proclaimed Caliph...
That is a direct violation of Sunni beliefs...

It's closer to Shia beliefs, they feel that God's Angels will decide...
That's as long as the person is a descendent of Muhammad (pbuh)...

Sunnis believe it can be anybody so long as they are righteous & elected...
Neither of which Al Baghdadi is...

IS are not Sunni
edit on 19-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Kerry is a bubble head like most elite in power, with that say, I feel that Iran is in more danger from ISIS that we may think and our government knows it, yes it knows it.

Why? because ISIS have a way to infiltrate the unhappy population in Iran that wants to end the power of the religious leaders and they maybe wrongly geared to believe that ISIS is the way to go.

I see a very dangerous road ahead for Iran if ISIS is not stopped.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

ISIS is call "Sunni Jihadist", it most be a reason why.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I see a very dangerous road ahead for Iran if ISIS is not stopped.

For the Saudi monarchy, and the Iranian theocracy.

What I am trying to figure out is if they are going to get rid of them evil zionists first.

Of course all the foreign fighters from all over northern Africa, and EU, and here.

Are making it dangerous to us.

Since the 'commander in golfer has decided that Ebola represents a greater threat to us than radical islamic fascism.

I am left wondering when the new theatre of warfare is going to open up in Africa.

No matter what way I am looking at current events.

We are the biggest losers, and we are definitely screwed.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yes the reason being their's and the media's lies...

Did you read what I said?

This is against Sunni beliefs...

I'd have thought this was quite simple to understand!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Moreover...
To believe that what these people are doing is anything like Jihad is an insult to freedom fighters & martyrs from all backgrounds...

They are not defending themselves...
That is not Jihad...

Sunni Jihadist is a laughable title to give them...
But as a Sunni, it's also very insulting!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the ME nations to squash ISIS?

This entire ordeal is none of our concern and there will be no peace until the people of the ME stand and take their nations back from extremists.

So Iran and Syria SHOULD step up to the plate and take care of business because the odds that we (the US) will fail is extremely high. We haven't been able to take-out Al Qaeda, so why do we think we can take-out ISIS?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Before it looks like I'm derailing the thread...

John Kerry is a s##t heel...
A skunk p###y...
A reprobate...

Not to be trusted in the slightest...
Any high ranking representative that can stand by while Zionism destroys children shouldn't be anywhere near this subject...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the ME nations to squash ISIS?

Middle east countries is where that ideology comes from, and the biggest source of financing.

Why would they get rid of something it created.

Besides it fattens their opec bank accounts.

ISIS,AQ,Taliban,Hamas,Hezzbollah is the middle east version of 'black water'

This entire ordeal is none of our concern and there will be no peace until the people of the ME stand and take their nations back from extremists.

Sure it is.

Radical Islamic fascists are 'right wing necons nation building'.

Since I live here I know how much right wing neocons are 'hated'.
edit on 19-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And why would Assad and Iran want to defeat them, if "ISIL is first," as you can hear Kerry say. I think they are in no rush to go help out when they know they are going to be next in line.

So WTF is Kerry talking about Iran and Assad going to help out ?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

IS are not Sunni!!!

IS are not Sunni

they are Sunni, since they call the Shia Apostates and are allowed to kill them (other Muslims) by the Caliph's orders

you need to absorb this 14 minute video: www.youtube.com...

THE CALIPHATE HAS RIGHT TO WAGE OFFENSIVE JIHAD because a Caliph allows it... Caliph Ibrahim is very savvy on the Law...
Now just try to find a Imam Authority that will deny Al-Baghdadi the position of Caliph that heads a Jihadist Army not just a Terrorist Sect as the West trys to persuade the World that ISIL-IS is...

No the West has a quagmire going on... the Western coalition is in fact/technically a 'Crusade' in every sense, now that the Caliphate is established....and the terror acts are just the normal purgings taking place when establishing a Caliphate

~~ internal problems which the West is unwelcome to involve themselves with~~

If ᴓbama & Congress go through with sending 400 tonnes of military arms, weapons, equipment to "moderate" Syrian Rebels, in the hopes that they will not eventually 'swear allegiance' to the Caliph/Caliphate... they are in WonderLand

I think Øbama is deceitful enough to feign an attempt to "Defeat then Destroy" (ISIL) while providing the IS-ISIL Caliphate the arms to fight Iran in a series of round-about support adventures which are meant to make it look like he is fighting ISIL instead of helping the fledgling Caliphate establish itself as a Regional Power, bigger than Iran or Turkey or Saudi Arabia or Egypt in the long term

related article: m.clarionproject.org...

5 Reasons Why the US Coalition Against ISIS is an Empty Shell

For all the 'activity' of the 26 countries in the coalition, there has been remarkably little offered in the way of concrete support.
edit on th30141115643819532014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It's none of our business....period.

Our continued meddling on the ME has only made matter worse and I agree with Kerry that when, not if, the US fails, it may be up to nations like Iran and Syria that have to step up to the plate and take care of the problem.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

IS are not Sunni!!!

IS are not Sunni

The "Words" are all part of the ongoing psy-ops.

Question: was the Ottoman Caliphate Sunni or Shii'te?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

And why would Assad and Iran want to defeat them, if "ISIL is first," as you can hear Kerry say. I think they are in no rush to go help out when they know they are going to be next in line.

So WTF is Kerry talking about Iran and Assad going to help out ?

We would be doing Assad, and Iran a favor by 'degrading' ISIS.

Iran and Iraq are now best buds.

And the biggest reason for the cluster eff Iraq has become, and Syria is because of political ideology making foreign policy decisions.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Would someone, PLEASE, call MIB and ask them to revoke Kerry's "other green card"?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

It's none of our business....period.

It is very much our business since the last 6 US administrations that SNIP has come here.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Rubio: The reason this isn’t a hypothetical is there may come a point where what you’re saying is the only thing that can solve this problem is US combat forces and we are not going to do that and Isil gets to stay.

Kerry: But I think that we are so far away from that "being the only way" and being a hypothetical.

Rubio: Well let me ask you this-

Kerry: No, let me just finish the question. I’m not going to get into hypotheticals but you’re presuming Iran and Syria don’t have any capacity to take on ISIL, I mean who knows. I don’t know what’s going to happen here. Let’s start down this road-

Rubio: Let me ask you about that then. What you’re saying now is there is the potential for the US will be coordinating with Iran?

Kerry: No I never said anything about coordinating. If we are failing and failing miserably who knows what choice they might make.

I think what Kerry is saying is that Iran and Syria may step up to the plate if the US cannot squash ISIS. Which is true, in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join