It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry suggests Iran could lead fight against Isil if US 'fails miserably'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Question: was the Ottoman Caliphate Sunni or Shii'te?

I gots a question too.

During the Ottman empire were the 'oppressed' Palestinians seeking their own state ?

edit on 19-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: sheepslayer247

It's none of our business....period.

It is very much our business since the last 6 US administrations that SNIP has come here.

Ok. So the answer is to keep doing what we're doing...even though it's caused all sorts of problems? That doesn't seem very logical to me. Shouldn't we stop the SNIP and allow these people to take care of it?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
He is just using language to scare the Iranians into not interfering with our operations against ISIS. If the Iranians interfere and hinder our efforts we could just pack up and let them deal with ISIS, which they are not capable of.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yes I am familiar with how Al Baghadid become the figure head he is right now within the ISIS, now let no forget that while you feel that you have been insulted due to you background with naming Sunni jihadist, (I am very familiar with the different groups that makes the population of the middle east), you have to understand that life in Iraq, Syria and any other volatile nation in the region is not what used to be.

Chaos brings all kind of alliances and liaisons, remember that, that is why the middle east can never find unification for a common cause.

So for you to feel offended, remember this is a discussion board and that is the way the information is presented.

We can discuss all we want here but the reality of the middle east situation only those that live and are suffering under whatever ISIS has become are the only ones that can tell the truth.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

But if you`re next in line, you`re not really going to step up your game, you actual want them to survive to some extend.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Shouldn't we stop the SNIP and allow these people to take care of it?

If one were talking logic.

But we are not talking logic here.

We are talking about religious fanaticism driven by true believers.

For over 2000 years the same snip has been going on.

Since Roosevelt both sides have dragged East in West in to that greek tragedy.

Our government has been sticking their head in the sand for the past 6 years thinking it will go away.

It hasn't.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes you are right, because when it comes to Israel they seem not very concern at all, still they kind of make sure that the American people knows that Al Baghdadi was once captured by the US forces under Bush and then was released under the Obama administration at the end of the last decade

Conspiracies, conspiracies, conspiracies.

It seems that Mr. Obama is not very interested in ISIS right now, or wants to make sure that during whatever term he have left, ISIS will be allowed to proliferated more

What that tells you, ebola is more important than ISIS, conspiracies, conspiracies.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Our government has not stuck their heads in the sand. They have continued to do what the previous administrations have done....stick their noses where it doesn't belong.

US involvement will only make matters worse and may eventually create favorable opinion for ISIS with people in the ME.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Actually is the other way around, US under the Obama administration leaving Iraq has caused the proliferation of ISIS, remember the memorable words of Collin Powell, "you brake it you owned" prior to the invasion of Iraq.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Our government has not stuck their heads in the sand.

Yes it has.

Unilaterally declaring the 'war' on terror is 'over'.

Asinine rules of engagement during the last years of the Iraq, and Afghanistan theatre.

Shortening an already tight leash of our military.

Trading terrorists for deserters.

And the list goes on.

They have continued to do what the previous administrations have done....stick their noses where it doesn't belong.

I will give you that one.

All anyone has to do is look at Libya.

Which brings us to :

The current administration can't decided if it wants to arm them, fight them, or trade with them.

US involvement will only make matters worse and may eventually create favorable opinion for ISIS with people in the ME

The kind they have in mind will.

Which is the biggest problem.

Since US arab 'allies' are aiding, and funding them there will never be a solution.

But ya see the Kerry's,and the rest of the ilk on capitol hill don't have the snips to do what should be done.

Kicking Russia, and China off the UN 'security' council- They are backing Assad.

Putting Saudi Arabia,Turkey,Qatar,UAE, and Kuwait on the state sponsors of terrorism.

Ban their oil.

Give them a taste of what Iraq, and Iran has gone through with sanctions, and 'no' fly zones.

They might get their snip sorted out.

Hell there is a lot of things the current regime can be doing.

I don't think they have the snips to.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Actually is the other way around, US under the Obama administration leaving Iraq has caused the proliferation of ISIS, remember the memorable words of Collin Powell, "you brake it you owned" prior to the invasion of Iraq.

Powell said: "You break it, you own it".

All this is proving is that we should have never gone over there to begin with. Bush started this mess after 9/11 and Obama has only compounded the problems under his watch. It's actually the entire ideology that America has to protect the world from all the bad people that has created these problems and at the same time we have stripped away the right of ME people to self-determination.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It seems that Mr. Obama is not very interested in ISIS right now, or wants to make sure that during whatever term he have left, ISIS will be allowed to proliferated more

I think that is more about politics than anything else.

Setting up the next election cycle so they can hit the right over the head with 'war' to get in to power just like the current guy was put in power as 'anti war'.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I think it takes bigger balls to say to everyone: "Got problems? Take care of em. The US wants to be friends, trade with you and not cause problems. Don't like that.....oh well!".

Using the UN to put sanctions on people is an act of desperation when diplomacy fails.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The US wants to be friends

That's the problem.

The naivety of that.

We have no 'friends'.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I think that is more about politics than anything else.

Bingo. This entire thing is about politics.

If it was the US in the same situation as the ME, you and others would probably agree with everything I have said. But, people are not interested in being consistent. They are just using this issue to bash Obama/Kerry and others for political reasons.

But I doubt anyone would have the balls to admit it.

ETA:

That's the problem. The naivety of that. We have no 'friends'.

Any why is that NEO? Because we have continued to push people around and think we can create war and sanction those we don't like?

Full circle my friend.
edit on 9/19/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Bush started this mess a

No he didn't.

That mess started LONG before he was ever elected.

Absolutely true he didn't help.

But he DAMN SURE did not start it.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I was speaking about our current situation. It's true that this began long ago and I believe it starts in 1953 in Iran.

Read up on the Truman Doctrine.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If it was the US in the same situation as the ME, you and others would probably agree with everything I have said. But, people are not interested in being consistent. They are just using this issue to bash Obama/Kerry and others for political reasons

We are in the same situtation as the ME.

Congressional report ties Middle East terrorists to Mexican drug cartels

Hell to pay’ if terrorists’ link to drug cartels isn’t checked

Mexican Cartels Help Hezbollah Infiltrate U.S.

Those people on capitol shill care about the ME borders more than our own.

Sure you want to talk about 'consistency' ?

Any why is that NEO?

Because A nation's self interest will ALWAYS override any 'alliance'.

That isn't 'full circle'.

That's called self preservation.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
U.S. / Middle East problems started a long time ago....

The First Barbary War

It's always about commerce.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

We are in the same situtation as the ME.

The those people on capitol shill care about the ME borders more than our own. Sure you want to talk about 'consistency' ?

I never said they were consistent. I was questioning you and other's consistency. Your not talking about what's best for America, you're just using this issue to bash on the Dems.

If we are in the same situation, wouldn't it be wiser to pull back our resources and protect ourselves......or should we continue our failed efforts in the ME?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join