It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry suggests Iran could lead fight against Isil if US 'fails miserably'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I never said they were consistent. I was questioning you and other's consistency. Your not talking about what's best for America, you're just using this issue to bash on the Dems

Last time I checked posters are not the topic. Nor have they ever been.

But hey thanks for the red herring fallacy:

www.nizkor.org...

If we are in the same situation, wouldn't it be wiser to pull back our resources and protect ourselves......or should we continue our failed efforts in the ME?

That was rich considering the past 6 years of defense cuts, and moronic domestic policy have gutted those resources.

We should make the right effort.

And that is knowing who the enemy is.

And that is every Arab so called ally of the current regimes 'coalition' of the willing.

Or do you want another repeat of events like the Iraq army cutting, and running, and joining them ?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The sad thing is sheepslayer24, we did we broke it, when our then sitting president, invaded Iraq, the commitment was made, the ownership of that nation and its future was in our hands.

We paid dear, for it too, trillion dollar war, billions of American tax dollars wasted, for what, I am outraged don't you feel outraged, that after all that waste and abuse, what has become of the nation we broke, still broken and now in the hands of our "newest" enemies, ISIS.

Now because of what our nations governments and profiteers has done in the middle east, US have not friends no allies in that region unless intimidated with briberies of our mighty dollar.

Our government broke Iraq alright and allow for the creation of a new enemy.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

US have not friends no allies in that region unless intimidated with briberies of our mighty dollar.

I agree with this if you have to buy 'friends' you don't have any real friends.

The sad thing is sheepslayer24, we did we broke it, when our then sitting president, invaded Iraq, the commitment was made, the ownership of that nation and its future was in our hands.

I agree with this too.

Doesn't matter what side of the war argument anyone falls on.

We had a responsibilty to leave it better off.

Two American Presidents epically failed in that respect.
edit on 19-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Last time I checked posters are not the topic. Nor have they ever been. But hey thanks for the red herring fallacy:

It is not a personal attack to expose another poster's bias' or hypocrisy. I have them as well, but I do my best to admit to them. Would you be willing to admit that you are using this issue to bash the Left?

That was rich considering the past 6 years of defense cuts, and moronic domestic policy have gutted those resources.

See? Had to toss in a jab, huh?

Anyway, let me simplify my question to you Neo.

If we had a group of extremists running around inside the US killing innocent people, would you be ok with other nations coming on to our soil to "take care of the problem"?

If we have the obligation to make an effort, would that obligation also apply to other nations as well, if we were in the same situation?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I am outraged, but I don't see how continuing to do what caused the problem in the first place is going to help.

As the saying goes: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If we had a group of extremists running around inside the US killing innocent people, would you be ok with other nations coming on to our soil to "take care of the problem"?

Well.

Since the Iraqi government is getting backing from other countries like Iran, and Russia, and other Shia friendly allies.

Since the Assad regime is getting the backing from China, and Pakistan, and North Korea.

If our government was getting backing of the sort of that kind.

Yeah I would.

Funny though who would ever come to the aid of US ?

No one.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Fair enough.

Since the Iraqi government is getting backing from other countries like Iran, and Russia, and other Shia friendly allies. Since the Assad regime is getting the backing from China, and Pakistan, and North Korea.

If they have all that support, why do they need us? Perhaps we are just being used here. We are using our time, money, resources and lives in nations that really don't need us there.

Let them take care of ISIS and come home.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Tell me again how it's not our problem ?

From the way back machine:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a veritable whose who of who 'hates' America.

We do nothing what happens ?

Those other countries increase it's power base.

Some people won't care.

But that isn't so good for US.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The more we think about it, the more we see the insanity of the whole situation, Saddam may have been a bad leader but he controlled the borders, Al-Qaida was not friend of Saddam.

The profiteers of war took away any common sense of the war and no only the Iraqis lost with their "new found independence" but we the American tax payer lost too.

And for what.

Iraq can not be left in the hands of terrorist groups, controlling all assets in that nation including their oil.

I don't believe that Saddam was taken down and executed for that.

Perhaps the next president will join with Iran to clean Iraq, but hey that is just speculations.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

*sigh*

I'm done Neo. We're just going around in circles here.

By the way, you conveniently did not comment on this:

Would you be willing to admit that you are using this issue to bash the Left?

We're big boys around here Neo. Just admit it once and for all. We can all see it.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Always with the deflective tangents.

You are the Master !!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

What we need to realize is that our actions over many years have created the mess in the ME. Instead of continuing to compound the issue, and continue to sap the American people for the resources needed to continue our actions, we need to simply stop.

We need to say: "Ya....sorry ME. We screwed up. So we're going to go home now. We hope you can use your right to self-determination to create countries that work best for it's people. Just like we did when America was founded. Again, sorry."

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I can see someone is still going on with the red herrings so yeah circles.

Anyone tell me what that has to do with Kerry's asinine remark ?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The US hasn't created every conflict on planet Earth and neither can it solve every conflict on planet Earth.

Some folk believe it does both.

Iraq, Afghanistan and the war on terror are, arguably, examples of 'failing miserably.'

In that context it's just being honest to entertain the possibility that 'defeating IS' might 'fail miserably.'

'Defeating' grassroots dissension from al qaeda, Taliban, IS or any other militant extremists is like whack-a-mole.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Always with the deflective tangents.

You are the Master !!

It's not deflection. It's about honesty.

Why can't we be honest on ATS?

People know that I have my bias' and beliefs. I don't hide from that. But it seems that others don't have the juevos to stand behind their beliefs and admit that they like bashing people of certain political ideologies. They will use anything to do so and will even take things completely out of context to paint the opposition in a bad way.

You're the master of that.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yeah lets be honest.

Like how Kerry was all 'gung ho' on Syria before he was 'against' being 'gung ho'.

Kerry: "We know" Assad ordered Syria chemical attack, "what are we going to do about it?"

Answer hide behind Iran.

Hoorah for some more 'leading' from behind.

I call that following someone else.

Youtube is full of the changing remarks by Kerry about Syria, and Iraq.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

What are we supposed to do when you have Russia and other nations looming over us in the ME? Our continued actions in the ME have put us in this position of compromised power. So why are we continuing to do the same thing over and over?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

So why are we continuing to do the same thing over and over?

Because the topic clearly proves the old adage this nation was truly designed by genius's only to be ran by idiots.

They have consistently thought there are 'good' terrorists.

And Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism.

ETA:

And that list is a place that Saudi,Kuwait,Pakistan,Qatar,Turkey, and the UAE belong on.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Oh from the State Department website:

www.state.gov...

Syria was added: December 29, 1979

Iran was added: January 19, 1984

Wait for it people!

We will fight 'terrorism' by aiding 'terrorists' ! !

And that makes 'sense' ?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

At the very end, that's what I was waiting for Kerry to say. No boots on the ground in terms of regular army. However, secret green beret missions are probably not off the table. After all, you can't beat these guys in the field. You need to use a completely different approach when fighting this ideology. Like creeping into ISIL barracks in the middle of the night...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join