It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Vote No In Referendum – Selfish, Scared People, Well Done!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

originally posted by: bigman88

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: bigman88

Care to show us this "crap" that has been documented that England has done all over the world? This should be interesting....

It's clear you haven't got a clue what you're talking about, for starters England didn't "absorb" the Scots, or even conquer them. They asked to join a Union with England, which was initially resisted.

To ask this means that you are in willful, belligerent denial of your governments crimes against humanity in the quest for domination.

This was a simple, easy google search

listverse.com...

I guess these nations asked Britain to be ruled by them also, huh?

As i said, your education system will not teach you the truth, but it is still your responsibility to find out, as a man of your country.

Dont be a blind, dumb imperialist.

Oh dear, don't YOU look like a complete idiot after writing that nonsense..
Maybe you should do some reading
www.historytoday.com...

Woops, my bad.

Well then, iv'e been had. Thanks, i did not know that.

On the other hand, woops, England is innocent and have committed no war crimes in the past or recently. My bad.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

If you genuinely think it is "semantics" then you are woefully ill informed. Trying to paint British and English as synonymous when they aren't.

The Scottish were willing participants in the Empire and did very well out of it economically, provided many soldiers to conquer it and provided many of the Civil servants used to run it - as did the English, Welsh and Irish.

But trying to paint the "crimes" of the British Empire as "crimes" of England alone just shows your ignorance, really.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Technically, no, England has never committed any War crimes. Neither has Scotland, or Wales, or Ireland.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and (Northern) Ireland may have, but England, no. The concept of War crimes only came about towards the end of the 19th century - England ceased to be an independent nation in 1707.
edit on 20/9/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: LeBombDiggity

Er no, at risk of incurring the wrath of the mods, it is you who is "lying".

The motion has been prepared and will be tabled as soon as Parliament reconvenes - as posted above, it even includes the timetable.

Hola calm down I never once called you a liar so you'll retract that comment or I'll publish & table a motion before the House lol

High horse get off.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The Unionist gangs roamed the streets for hours, intimidating anyone they suspected of being different from them – gay people, coloured people, anyone who might have voted Yes. Mounted police with helicopters blocked streets to prevent them from spreading. Yet the BBC played it down and lumped the peaceful Yes supporters with half of the blame

Nothing more to say really

link   
a reply to: waynos

I am not Anglophobic at all, just fasciophobic. Your-land-is-mine-phobic.

link   

Lol, good catch... damn spell checker - that's my excuse and I am sticking to it

Me and you see the EU totally differently. In fact, a good portion of the UK and you see the EU differently. That won't change, so let's not beat a dead horse. Us in the UK have no desire to be absorbed into some EU superstate while it is in its current form - even your own countrymen (and the Germans too) are coming round to the same conclusion.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Fair enough - it was tad strong - how about "twisting the facts" instead?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Ok I always enjoy ATS and your English ways, although i'm glad I absented myself from your company for the whole referendum campaign and only posted here about warships lol.

I'm off out so have a good night everyone.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I would not say that every single British person there was a jerk. The Indian government there was already under the direction of the crown, anyway. British troops had the guns and other tools to help quell any fighting or rebelling.

They already had several pro-UK assets well planted in that country, Gandhi being the most prominent and popular.

Your pops being paid by the British controlled Indian government to separate quarreling religious groups was great within itself, but meant nothing really in the grand scheme.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Can you imagine if they had lost? We would still be dealing with the mayhem. They are going to be a problem for any hope of future independence. Mindless people...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I voted no, I'm so proud of the 55% of Scottish people who weighed the facts and ultimately made the right decision.

I hope now Westminster can help us sort out the corruption of the pro catholic Glasgow city council and the wider sectarian agenda.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Actually it was far more complicated than that: The Indian Army had their

own men and weaponry, and their own police force, the Indian Government

had more control of their own affairs than you seem to think......

However that is another story for another thread and off topic on this thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

For Scotland and Ireland I consider the outside force to be Britain and the banks that control that once great country. Thankfully for Britain the people are easily swayed back and forth like a paper bag in the wind.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

You Americans are living on a different planet.

Scotland are not owned by the UK it's a Union, Scotland joined it in 1707 to save themselves from bankruptcy and to get involved in Empire, and the other day voted to remain in the Union.

Stop basing your world view of movies such as Braveheart, it doesn't do you Americans any favours. BTW when you are thinking of "evil British Empire" i know you are thinking about the British that you broke free from... but guess what, Scotland were a willing member of that very same British Empire. (It was known as the English Empire before the Scots joined the union).
edit on Saturday11vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 20 Sep 2014 16:11:45 -0500Saturdaypm20 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Okay, i am sorry for the lack of intelligence pertaining to this. You are English, not British; those are the heathens your ancestors wiped out from the territory. Great Britain is Wales Ireland, Scotland and England. Missing anything? Oh yeah, all the other nations still being governed by pro-UK governments jumping whenever the UK says "jump". Got it.

Once again, I bow.

On the other hand,

It's not too hard to find citizens of an occupied territory that do not identify or do not really care about there national identity or heritage, and they end up gladly working for the masters in exchange for security, sustenance, and status. That does not all or even most of the people of that country were with it. Far from it. Just because groups of individuals who are born in but not emotionally or politically vested in their own land decide to join the kings and be placed in positions of power and authority over the rest the subject population, in order to better control the country, does not mean the country as a whole is glad to be ruled.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It's not too hard to find citizens of an occupied territory that do not identify or do not really care about there national identity or heritage, and they end up gladly working for the masters in exchange for security, sustenance, and status.

You have described perfectly in the above description, what Native American Indians endure.

You are very perceptive.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Do you consider the Southern States of America occupied territories or members of a Union?

Scotland was not taken by force, they WANT to be part of the Union. I don't think anyone has ever conquered the Scots for long.

You Americans really need to read up on history and stop watching movies. And you wonder why the rest of the world call you idiots.
edit on Saturday37vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 20 Sep 2014 16:37:33 -0500Saturdaypm20 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

edit on Saturday41vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 20 Sep 2014 16:41:20 -0500Saturdaypm20 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Great Britain is Wales Ireland, Scotland and England. Missing anything?

Yep, slight correction, Great Britain is Wales, Scotland and England. You know, the nations who share the biggest island in the UK. Northern Ireland is an area in union with Great Britain on the island of Ireland.
The collective name for the union of nations is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join