It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Vote No In Referendum – Selfish, Scared People, Well Done!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthArchaeologist14

I don't see why, if Scotland had left they would still have been British, the United Kingdom and Britain are two separate things under the same roof.

British Isles.....

Great Britain is the main Island made up of England, Scotland and Wales.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island.

Without Scotland it would just be Great Britain, no united in the sentence.

link   
a reply to: foxhound2459

Yup looks like it will turn out better for all.
Gonna buy the first scot I meet a pint

link   
a reply to: foxhound2459

Yup looks like it will turn out better for all.
Gonna buy the first scot I meet a pint

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: foxhound2459
a reply to: shauny
Surly this is a win win campaign for a fairer more democratic United Kingdom.
The fact that you the Scots gained more local power and have a greater say in your part off the UK is the most important part off this referendum.
Talking off referendums nows Englands and Wales turn to gather momentum for a referendom about pulling out off the EU.

The Scots have pulled a canny blinder on this, Welldone cousins.

Yep. I agree with this. It's still a win for Scotland.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Thank you for clearing that up.. I never understood why it changed from (in my case) English to British.. I mean last time I checked I was born in England not The UK or Britain..

I also thought that if Scotland had gone as far as wanting to be separate from us then they would want to classify themselves as Scottish rather then British.
Again thank you for clearing it up for me

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It seemed like a lot of the people gunning for the 'NO' vote had some sort of financial concerns. Whether that was small-time investors or larger, there was a lot of talk about market uncertainty in the event of a yes vote and people losing money. I found it all to be pretty sad really.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
DEont give up .. work on educating those who are against being free and push for another vote ...

I just wonder if people had voted yes they would allow (after people had been properly educated) another vote in the future to allow people to vote again to be reunited with the rest of the UK?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

I agree, I heard somewhere that the RBS were willing to move South of the border if there was a Yes vote.. Talk about backed into a corner..

"Money Rules The World" as they say

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I suppose that's like asking would they give the vote to the Australian or Canadian people....I guess the answer would have to be no.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

They were talking about moving operations to London, HQ would still have been in Scotland.

If anything, it would have benefited in the case of a yes vote due to uncertainty over what Scottish currency would have been.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

That is true. Aberdeen has the oil industry (international companies), Edinburgh has the banking industry (London and international banks). Public sector workers have national unions.

Glasgow and Dundee are the two poorest cities in Scotland. Dundee has an unemployment rate of 6000 out of 142,000

Glasgow has 30% of families unemployed or about 600,000 out of 2,000,000, with single parent families being the main problem.

They can't even move to the wealthier cities like Aberdeen or Glasgow. The East Europeans get the jobs over them every time. Someone with a Glaswegian brogue accent, scars, missing teeth, looking like an ex-junkie just doesn't stand a chance against someone who looks and has the organisation skills of an army officer (all the East Europeans do national service).
edit on 19-9-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I actually thought that the scot's would vote through independance but in the event what you have accomplished is still amazing and of course it is not the last or the only time this referendum can be called as it can also be called in the future though at least a generation away.
So what have you accomplished,
Put the fear of God and the Scot's up westminsters hooray harry set.
Made the rest of the UK take more notice of the fact that Scot's are not Sheep but have mind's of there own, voices and will use them.
Damned the Tory's at the next General election (Thank you God and of course the Scot's).
And many more thing's to consider that can benefit the whole UK and force more fair voting system's into place and as well as regional devolution also move far more powers to Scotland, however the Scot's MP's will lose there ability to vote on matters relating to england.

Now let's stand together and make the money men bow before democracy, the power of ordinary decent fair minded people and once again by our will standing together make this a Great Britain again for our children.

You are our family Scotland not just our neighbour and remember we did not vote for this Tory coalition, they are only in because of a protest vote to the liberal democrat's made by disgruntled labour voters fed up with Right Wing "NEW" Labour and the fact Clegg was actually best of friends with Cameron as well as his bat boy.

And for anyone making a protest vote for it to go to UKIP at the next general election remember that they are intent on forming another Coalition with the Tory's so stick with Labour and let's fix the party from inside like it should be.

And one last thought remember this is not the death of the Scot's independance vision, it is it's birth, you have pushed it so far ahead of what anyone even in Scotland itself would ever have believed so it is possible that another refendum when it is called will push it through but next time a better plan need's to be in place for Scot's home policys and economic independance as that is the sole sticking point of so many Scot's who did not vote for it but actually wanted it this time (or it would probably have been 60/40 in favour).

Personally I am glad you are still at our side, God bless the Scot's and thank you for scaring the hell out of Cameron and Co.

edit on 19-9-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
On the conspiracy side,
You don't think the Knights Templar would have seriously allowed a yes vote.
2ND Line ATS aware.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Yes and there was a pretty big scandal when the Treasury told that to journalists before RBS even announced it, which led everyone to ask how they knew market sensitive information.

The pound has already risen, world markets are on the rise, the FTSE may come close to all-time highs today. Does any of that really matter? Apparently so and it looks like temporary financial concerns of some have heavily influenced a decision which will last centuries.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Glad that Scotland voted no but I will never forget the 1.5 million who voted yes, I will never be able to trust a Scot again.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: shauny
I am still proud to be Scottish. We now get more Devolved Powers, the face of Scotland and Britain Politics will change. Scotland will get extra powers but England and Wales, rightly, will be annoyed Scotland gets more than we already have. So I see a rebellion towards more localised Parliaments in the UK. I am so annoyed at the people with Money who were selfish and never looked ahead

I think this is good for the whole Union - all the home nations will get better deals out this I believe.

YOU NO VOTERS KEPT THIS IN SCOTLAND ONLY, ENGLAND DON’T KEEP NUCLEAR WEAPONS – YOU FOOLS!

No, we just have the two establishments which make and test them.... What are you trying to insinuate? That Scotland gets the raw deal and England doesn't have any risk? Scotland does very well out of Faslane.

Sadly kids will still go hungry, Foodbanks will still be in Scotland, People will still be VERY poor, Scotland I am proud of the well over 1.1 Million + people (with 8 areas to still give their vote numbers) Already Politicians are saying “It would be unfair to give Scotland more when they voted no” SO SCOTLAND, YOU NO VOTERS, YOU BOUGHT A LIE, same as 1979! Will Hollyrood give us extra powers? I hope so, but if they don’t we only have ourselves to blame. All no voters voted for NOW, they forgot the future, our kids, their kids and just voted because “I am ok” Selfsish voters I warned about here

And at what point does the Scottish Government take responsibility for any of this? With the extra devolution, it's going to be very hard for you to blame this on the English anymore, it already is.

Sadly it happened, many like Tommy Sheridan tried our best to ask you selfish, uneducated voters to educate yourself. You have plunged families back into poverty, you have made kids still hungry, you have kept Nuclear weapons near Glasgow. You have believed a lying media. The BBC I will never pay for again in my life, and all Yes voters should do the same. The Daily Record I will never even look at again, there are more, but these two in particular sold you stupid, selfish No voters a lie, and you believed it.

Petty - a vote that doesn't go your way and you through a hissy fit? This has confused me throughout this campaign - one of the main points I've heard is "We didn't vote for the Government!". Well, duh, that's democracy for you. From 1997 to 2010 though, we had a Labour Government Scotland did vote for, but that get's ignored...

I am still Scottish, I am still proud to be Scottish, I will always be Scottish, We will always have our own parliament and national anthem. The establishment will live on, the Eton Elite will make money, the Scottish National Health Service will be sold to money men, NHS workers WILL 100% lose their jobs, not all, but many, and if you are and you did, don’t expect Westminster to help you out. blah, blah, blah, blah......

NHS in Scotland is totally devolved....

For all the Yes voters, well done.

To all the no Voters, you WILL regret this, you have been selfish, and you have taken the lies like 1979 again. You were warned, you bottled it!

Ironic... Voting "yes" could have been seen to be "selfish" as well. Basically sticking your two fingers up at the rest of the Union, shouting "Screw you, Jimmy" and buggering off. However, I'm glad you're accepting the result of the vote with some dignity and decorum - just like the whole "Yes" campaign really....

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Foreign masters? We have a PM of Scottish descent now, with many Scots in the Cabinet, not to mention the previous Government which had a Scottish PM and Scottish Chancellor, who then went on to become another Scottish PM.

And the Yes campaign bleat about how they have now representation in Westminster. They've been running it for years!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Whoop whoop. The yes vote lost. Bye bye Alex Salmond.
All Alex Salmond has done is create a huge divide in Scotland.
Graffiti on the walls stating NO VOTERS will be SHOT.
Family's Falling out over who votes for what.
Police being called to homes over violence against other family members. It's a disgrace.

I would just like to thank all the NO VOTERS for keeping Britain GREATER.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigman88

Yes, you're right, you are very ill informed about these matters. Fight for "freedom"? Freedom from what? What exactly do you think is the history and arrangement of the Union? Have you any idea on what has happened in the 300 years since the Union, or the hundred years prior?

Probably not...Just keep shouting - Braveheart! Freedom! Duhhhhhh!!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

They were talking about moving operations to London, HQ would still have been in Scotland.

If anything, it would have benefited in the case of a yes vote due to uncertainty over what Scottish currency would have been.

Ooh I see, that does make sense.. I only heard a quick snippet on the news. I haven't been able to delve deep into this topic as I wouldn't have known where to start.

originally posted by: twfau

Yes and there was a pretty big scandal when the Treasury told that to journalists before RBS even announced it, which led everyone to ask how they knew market sensitive information.

The pound has already risen, world markets are on the rise, the FTSE may come close to all-time highs today. Does any of that really matter? Apparently so and it looks like temporary financial concerns of some have heavily influenced a decision which will last centuries.

Wow, when put like that it does seem odd that they would know that information and release it early. And as I suspected the pound would have fallen which is something I'm sure they didn't want to happen.

Thanks for the info guys.. Really helpful

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join