It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Vote No In Referendum – Selfish, Scared People, Well Done!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: foxhound2459

Quite - I always suspected this was Salmond's plan. He did originally want a 3rd question with "devo max" as an option. This was refused by the UK Government, convinced they'd easily win a Yes/No vote.

This way, they get all the benefits of "independence" without actually doing it and with the rUK backing them up.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
What an awful and bitter OP.
Just accept the will of the people and move on.
Now the xenophobia and tantrums will start, how sad.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I think 'No' was the right think to do, no one in england thinks any less of scotland for it.

It would have led to many years of very complicated conversions, not that the hard work wouldnt have been worth it, its a case of would it really have changed anything for the average everyday Scotsman? Not really.

All the scots i know wanted to be independent but at the same time they enjoyed being part of Britain, we all have been such good friends for so long, done everything as a team, we can all agree that Scotland would have done okay solo, but any complications would have been dealt with solo too, the rough and the smooth. England, Wales Scotland and northern Ireland make a great combo and sure we tease each other constantly but its this brotherly friendship that keeps us all tighter than ever.

Just look at the Six Nations Rugby tournament, i defy anyone to come up with country's closer who can can be so competitive and yet loving at the same time.

Like i said, ive no doubt they would have been fine solo, but im very happy to still be able to call them Britons too.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
In reply to : Biigs

Well put..
edit on 19-9-2014 by TruthArchaeologist14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

No, we just have the two establishments which make and test them.... What are you trying to insinuate? That Scotland gets the raw deal and England doesn't have any risk? Scotland does very well out of Faslane.

Which is what all this is about.

Faslane. An 'accident' there could make most of Scotland uninhabitable. Aldermaston and Burghfield present the same risk to southern England. actionawe.org...

An ambulance driver who worked in the Faslane area told me every night he was on duty he dealt with alcohol related injuries. They get pissed and look after nuclear weapons.
edit on 19 9 2014 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 19 9 2014 by Kester because: something funny going on

edit on 19 9 2014 by Kester because: sabotage

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Nothing I typed in the previous comment has shown. Why?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shauny

The nuclear weapons issue is going to develop. We have the research and manufacturing departments here, you get the finished product. This is something we can be united on.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Good to see the Scotland Nazi Party lost the vote and the tone of the OP actually goes a long way to explain why. Hate fuelled xenophobia is no basis for government, but that's pretty much all the SNP had to offer.

Being raised in England I was always brought up to consider that Great Britain is one country, it came as a shock that I learned many Scots didn't feel that way as I grew older. Now, hopefully, this vote can be a catalyst for change without recourse to the sort of divisive factionalism that has blighted other parts of the world.

As to all those foreign observers that have been going about Scotland's "freedom", "England wouldn't give its territory up without a fight" if Yes had won etc etc, get a clue about the subject before pontificating, then you won't look so silly.
edit on 19-9-2014 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Couldn't agree more with your post but lets just ponder something for a moment:

In January 2015 the "Scotland Act" will be put up for a vote in the House of Commons. 50 seats to Scottish MP's, 600 seats to rUK MP's. If the "Scotland Act" is rejected, will the No voters who were bought by the "promise" turn into yes voters?

And what about the No voters who voted to stay in the UK because of the Europe issue? What will happen to them when the rUK votes to leave Europe? Will they become Yes Voters?

And what about them who believe the NHS will remain public? When the American corporations are allowed into the UK and start privatising it, costing every family a small fortune, will they become Yes Voters?

I surely hope so because they voted No because they accepted lies.

This independence thing will NEVER go away. I pray Westminster don't deliver on what the No voters hoped for so that we get another chance and get it soon

Well done Yes voters - Good Luck No voters!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrmcleod
In January 2015 the "Scotland Act" will be put up for a vote in the House of Commons. 50 seats to Scottish MP's, 600 seats to rUK MP's. If the "Scotland Act" is rejected, will the No voters who were bought by the "promise" turn into yes voters?

I don't think that will happen in the slightest. It has cross party support and will pass with ease.

And what about the No voters who voted to stay in the UK because of the Europe issue? What will happen to them when the rUK votes to leave Europe? Will they become Yes Voters?

They will get their chance to vote in that referendum as well but, if you look at this logically, Scotland as a whole has decided to remain part of the UK and whatever that brings with it. If that results in the UK leaving the EU, then there is little complaint anyone can have, be they in England, Scotland or elsewhere.

That said, I don't think we would vote to leave if we can win back some powers from Brussels.

And what about them who believe the NHS will remain public? When the American corporations are allowed into the UK and start privatising it, costing every family a small fortune, will they become Yes Voters?

Salmond and the SNP have been "privatising" the NHS (which is devolved in Scotland and nothing to do with Westminster) for years already.

And why would it cost families a "small fortune". I think you misunderstand what it is you're complaining about. The reforms for the NHS allow private companies to bid for NHS work. It will still be free at the point of use and paid for out of the NHS budget. Ironic that the "No" campaign gets accused of scaremongering and yet this bollocks about the NHS still gets floated.

With the "privatisation" allowing private companies to bid, it effectively breaks the monopoly of the NHS Hospitals where they simply have not been good enough for years, despite record amounts of money flowing into them. Contrast this to the private hospitals and the standard of care you get there - because if they didn't they'd lose business - and you see a gulf.

Allowing the NHS to contract out care to these hospitals will improve standards, patient choice etc. Any attempt to sell this as us all facing "huge bills" is the "lies" you are harping on about.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Spoke on the phone with my aunty in Dufftown a couple of hours ago, she was bawling her eyes out and I could hear my uncle cussing up a storm in the background disowning his fellow countrymen.

So you're not alone in your sentiments.

There's going to be a lot of anger and bitterness about this for quite some time it seems.

I just hope everyone follows through with the promises they made...

*sigh*

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Shauny, I am so proud of you and all the other yes voters who had the guts to stand up and be counted, the guts to hope for something better and the guts to tell the world that you believe in a world free of nuclear war.

The fear campaign won in the end and there's bound to be some here that embarrass themselves by gloating at the Scots. So nothing really changes, after all? We're used to it and we can deal with it.

I know just how you feel and I still have hope we can make Scotland a fairer and better place.

B x

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
You had too many [ quote ] and not enough [ /quote ]

originally posted by: Kester

No, we just have the two establishments which make and test them.... What are you trying to insinuate? That Scotland gets the raw deal and England doesn't have any risk? Scotland does very well out of Faslane.

Which is what all this is about.

Faslane. An 'accident' there could make most of Scotland uninhabitable. Aldermaston and Burghfield present the same risk to southern England. actionawe.org...

An ambulance driver who worked in the Faslane area told me every night he was on duty he dealt with alcohol related injuries. They get pissed and look after nuclear weapons.

edit on 19/9/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/9/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Awesome.

Sanity reigns supreme.

The yes'ers over there can go to the admonished kiddies corner with the Ron Paulers from over here, dunce hats for all.

I notice your posts kinda push a pro PTB agenda........Just saying. It is what it is. Personally I think it is crazy to have a outside force determine your families future. It is also crazy to say well at least they are giving us some more rights.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
Personally I think it is crazy to have a outside force determine your families future.

What "outside force" would that be exactly?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
What perplexes me is why Scotland seem to think food banks, poverty, unemployment etc are just a scottish thing. Im from Manchester and we have all the same problems. Scotland arent treated any different than the north of England or Wales. In fact your younger generation are more advantaged with regards to free university places. The social injustice is felt in many parts of the United Kingdom. It has been a longstanding joke re north/south divide. However the joke stopped a while ago and many people (myself included) have started to wake up and become angry and frustrated but hace felt helpless to bring about change as demonstrations dont seem to get noticed anymore. So I congratulate Scotland for being heard and for opening the gates to change. I hope Scotland now realise that they wont be alone because you can now lead the disenfranchaised of England and Wales and Ireland to finish what you started.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

a reply to: foxhound2459

Quite - I always suspected this was Salmond's plan. He did originally want a 3rd question with "devo max" as an option. This was refused by the UK Government, convinced they'd easily win a Yes/No vote.

This way, they get all the benefits of "independence" without actually doing it and with the rUK backing them up.

The vote for independence was never about Alex Salmond or his plans. In fact if Salmond had more charisma and a better vision then he might have swung the vote. The problem with accepting the result is the way in which the better together campaign has been run. I for one never want to hear another no supporter moan about Westminster or any of their policies again. In truth fear and media spin won out and the Scots have sold their children down the Swannee. It is a sad day for Scotland.

So many English have tried to make this about anti-English sentiment as if by choosing self determination we are somehow slighting them. Perhaps if they got up off their backsides and did something for once then the call for independence would never have got off the ground.

I hope we pursue this relentlessly. Our referendum has been not been fairly run.

edit on 19-9-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I read last night about claims that yes votes were possibly being diverted to no piles, is there any truth to that claim? And if there is, is there a move being made to investigate and recount?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I don't think for a moment the vote was rigged in any way...but any chance of a fair referendum was scuppered by the media bias and political spin.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join