It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Vote No In Referendum – Selfish, Scared People, Well Done!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

Or another view is that those with greater experience of real life can see through propagandist lies mo re easily and were more likely to vote no.

I know I am dismayed by the surge in right wing racist agendas that younger people around Rotherham are falling for in the wake of the child abuse scandal. Younger minds are more malleable and those with outlandish agendas to promote are fully aware of the fact. Younger voters might actually believe all that Braveheart bollocks.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wow the hate for us English is strong isn't it.
I really suggest people actually reading up about 1707.
Democracy has worked and shown the world it works.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Wow the hate for us English is strong isn't it.
I really suggest people actually reading up about 1707.
Democracy has worked and shown the world it works.

That's the problem with Nationalism and these kinds of debates and conversations, always ends up being "us vs them" and "We're better than you" and "**** you lot"!
Just sad and pathetic.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
a reply to: alldaylong

, but the thread is about the vote in Scotland.

Just because I'm American am I not allowed an opinion?

You have ZERO influence on what happens in British politics.

However you can have an influence on what happens to the plight of Native American Indians.
Why don't you exert your efforts there? I am sure they would appreciate it more.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Yeah that can happen but the recent debates showed a lot of young people were pretty well informed and articulate, plus there was propaganda on both sides. Do people become wiser through life, or do they learn to be more self-serving and practical (as in voting for what benefits them) rather than ideological. I realise I sound bitter but I just can't believe people voted purely on the sentimental grounds of keeping the Union together.

No they can have their vote as much as anyone else, though I fear that the high turnout in this one could be a one-off when young people see how much more influence the older demographics seem to have though.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

Everyone had the same amount of "influence" - 1 vote.

Anyone who thinks otherwise misunderstands how voting works. A good portion of other age groups voted No as well and it can be argued the younger ones don't fully appreciate some of what was being proposed, having not lived through an entire economical cycle for example.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
As a Canadian I have been through this twice before. The following acrimony can poison people. It's taken almost 20 years since our last referendum for things to calm down. You don't want that. It's democracy folks. The people, ALL OF THEM, have spoken. This is the will of the people. Accept it and move on is the best way to go.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
A reply to alldaylong:

You have ZERO influence on what happens in British politics.

However you can have an influence on what happens to the plight of Native American Indians.
Why don't you exert your efforts there? I am sure they would appreciate it more

That's a strawman if I've ever seen one, how about sticking on topic?

I'm very active in my community in regards to the plight of Native Americans as I'm half Native American. Are you trying to make a fool of yourself or does it just happen automatically?

My main concern is what the OP highlighted, which I agree with. That is my opinion which you obviously disagree with but there is no need to deflect and derail, please.

edit on 19-9-2014 by real_one because: quotes are not working in this thread,,,

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: shauny

OP you are the perfect example of the ignorance that that plagued the Yes camp and about 55% of Scotland were able to see through.

For example...

YOU NO VOTERS KEPT THIS IN SCOTLAND ONLY, ENGLAND DON’T KEEP NUCLEAR WEAPONS – YOU FOOLS!

A independent Scotland would have sought to join NATO which would mean it would have to have entered a agreement to allow the other member sates to use Scottish ports for example and these very ports could very well let ships in with Nuclear weapons on board. And so what if there is a nuclear armed submarine sitting in Scottish waters, really so what?

It would have just been a American Ship had the SNP got their way.

All no voters voted for NOW, they forgot the future, our kids, their kids and just voted because “I am ok” Selfsish voters I warned about here

NO!!

I voted NO not for selfish reasons, not for now, but for my children future because I recognised that with no clear economic plan before the vote that the Scottish economy would have been damaged beyond all repair.

They could not even tell us what the currency would be for the love of god!

FOODBANK – NO VOTERS. ETCH THIS IMAGE INTO YOUR SOUL, LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!

There were foodbanks long before the vote they would have been long after the vote regardless of how it went. Only if we had voted yes and destroyed our economy as i believe we would have done then there would have been many more foodbanks springing up.

U did not create poverty, I voted to prevent further poverty.

I am still Scottish, I am still proud to be Scottish, I will always be Scottish

Me to!!!

Us no voters can also be very patriotic.

the Scottish National Health Service will be sold to money men, NHS workers WILL 100% lose their jobs, not all, but many,

putting aside the fact that this statement is contradictory (100% will lose there jobs, but not everyone).....

As a NHS worker i feel my job is more secure, the NHS is devolved, Westminster have almost no control over it.

So independent or not makes no difference to the NHS (now who is spreading scare stories)

I could go on but I wont,

i have made my point.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hmm selfish would be leaving the union imho, always more strength in solidarity. I was waiting to see what would happen as a yes would of started this B.S. here with Quebec all over again, to hear the commercials from the yes side using quebec with the narrator in a francophone accent made my stomache turn, the spoiled brat Quebec always come out ahead and did quite well despite the claims in that said commercial/propaganda.
Cheers

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I wish they had voted yes and got gone. Better for Scotland better for England. Fear mongering and bs smeared the yes campaign .

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Scared? Angry? You had no future away from the UK. Your oil reserves are running out, you have no solar power potential, and you had no real economy without the pound.

You had no future alone.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

I would be so pissed off if I was Scottish right now, in fact I am pissed off and I'm an American. Don't let these Brit loyalists get you down OP, they are blinded by their loyalty to the crown.

You raise a good point about all those who registered but did not vote, something seems fishy here. Let's hope y'all regroup and find a way to break free from the Evil British Empire - it's what's best for the people of Scotland from what I can tell.

Anyone who would prefer to be part of that Nanny State and fell victim to the lies and propaganda leading up to the vote should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm starting to get a bit annoyed at these xenophobic American comments today.

Yes, we all know you Americans love FREEDOM. That doesn't mean that the mere mention of the word means you should blindly support whatever cause it's attached to regardless of what that all-important freedom is from or what consequences it would have. Bloody hell.

If a lot of the posts about the 'evil British empire' on here today were to be believed, you'd think the Scottish were living some semi-human existence, picking through the frozen dirt for grains of corn - and all because every penny they had had been stolen by the Queen. Grow up. Yes, parts of Scotland are poor - but not substantially more so than the poorer parts of the rest of the Union - and certainly not as poor as the poorest parts of America.

I sympathise with the Scots who didn't win their vote - I can understand their position - but unfortunately for them, they didn't do enough to persuade 55% of their Scottish compatriots to side with them. It should probably be noted that the self-same 55% of Scots who said 'no' actually live in Scotland and have some idea about what that's actually like.

I'd take their word for it over an American who has seen Disney's Brave and Braveheart and has gotten themselves in a tizzy because they think some FREEDOM hasn't been secured.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I could have voted. I chose to deface my ballat paper. One people, one island. We have far more in common than we have differences..

We are in this together and we will not leave our bothers and sisters in the rest of the uk.This is a war against humanity.. not scotland

kind regards
purp..

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Awesome.

Sanity reigns supreme.

The yes'ers over there can go to the admonished kiddies corner with the Ron Paulers from over here, dunce hats for all.

I notice your posts kinda push a pro PTB agenda........Just saying. It is what it is. Personally I think it is crazy to have a outside force determine your families future. It is also crazy to say well at least they are giving us some more rights.

Nobody has ever shown proof there is an all powerful PTB, so it is just faith that holds that paranoid new age religion together. The existence of God will be proven before anyone ever proves there is a PTB.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: bigman88

Care to show us this "crap" that has been documented that England has done all over the world? This should be interesting....

It's clear you haven't got a clue what you're talking about, for starters England didn't "absorb" the Scots, or even conquer them. They asked to join a Union with England, which was initially resisted.

To ask this means that you are in willful, belligerent denial of your governments crimes against humanity in the quest for domination.

This was a simple, easy google search

listverse.com...

I guess these nations asked Britain to be ruled by them also, huh?

As i said, your education system will not teach you the truth, but it is still your responsibility to find out, as a man of your country.

Dont be a blind, dumb imperialist.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gorman91

So isn't that up to them to find out, by themselves? Or do you think you and your empire are just inherently entitled to "help" everyone they think needs help, whether they like it or not?

Who says that they can't run their own economy fine without oil or solar power? Who says that they can't live fine off of the pound?

Jeez, the arrogance... You need the HELL out of us, so shutup. Jeez...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Awesome.

Sanity reigns supreme.

The yes'ers over there can go to the admonished kiddies corner with the Ron Paulers from over here, dunce hats for all.

I notice your posts kinda push a pro PTB agenda........Just saying. It is what it is. Personally I think it is crazy to have a outside force determine your families future. It is also crazy to say well at least they are giving us some more rights.

Nobody has ever shown proof there is an all powerful PTB, so it is just faith that holds that paranoid new age religion together. The existence of God will be proven before anyone ever proves there is a PTB.

Aquick google search will show you various quotes by Rockefellers, JFK, Kissinger, Soros, various politicians, government officials and businessmen of various countries that a powerful global elite controls all vital materials for livlihood on this earth.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

We are united.
Accept the vote and move on.

You ask me to accept this? You seen Scotland tonight? kid stabbed to death

shaunynews.com...

Lied to, as in 1979
shaunynews.com...

And you will say nonsense, but the police are dealing with this. 2 Newspapers are asking for Videos to be sent to them
shaunynews.com...

I am not British, I am Scottish, we are not accepting this. Loads of money is going into this fight. Lawyers have spoken to Salmond. Who has "Had enough of the lies" in Private "Let Nicola have a shot" In Public.

Don't tell me to move on from this corrupt British Empire. The very fabric of this site in the 10 years I have been here has been to see the truth through a lie. We not doing this any more because it suits agendas?
I know that is true

Regards

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Good for you!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join