It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest anti terror raids in Australian history.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I live in rural Australia, we all have guns (I should say rifles) around here.
Not that it has anything to do with this topic.

I don't trust the media, but I have seen enough to make me feel there is/was a real threat going on here.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl
at 9am this morning i was kind of had the same opinion as you. I learnt this afternoon this # is real....its legit mate.

i am not so sure...after all they only got 1 arrest from this big operation ...seems like a bit of fear mongering especially with abbot now making out he is a target.....i know plenty of muslims after living in brighton le sands for a while and that is a highly muslim area,one of my GF sons has many many muslim mates and they are all really down to earth..also doing a sales job years ago i spent quite a lot of time around lakemba and surrounding areas....i left sydney a year ago after being there for 20 years...

this seems to me more like a drive to get the australian people behind an attack in syria

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

hmmm well usually, I reject the msn because of all the agendas and lies but I have some friends in Canberra and have sent me messages of some weird happenings there.

I echo what antar said... take care of yourselves and keep a look out for any strange behavior.

Buckle up Spanky

edit on CDT03000000Fri, 19 Sep 2014 03:26:31 -05002631am261 by Thurisaz because: fix formatting

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz

hmmm well usually, I reject the msn because of all the agendas and lies but I have some friends in Canberra and have sent me messages of some weird happenings there.

I echo what antar said... take care of yourselves and keep a look out for any strange behavior.

Buckle up Spanky

i agree now more than ever is a time to be aware of what is going on around us....but what can be sure of is the msm has a track record of complete and utter bull#
edit on 19-9-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I agree 100%. Maybe it's just the extremely convenient timing or the fact that what is being reported is totally blown out of proportion (as usual), but - whether there's a legitimate threat or not - the media coverage is an absolute agenda. You'd have to be blind not to see that!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yeah but we have no idea what is going on in the star chamber because of these raids - there could be more arrests to follow.

I agree though re: muslim mates and co-workers etc. Some of my good friends are muslim. I also have refugees living next door and they are such lovely boys, hard working and caring. If I catch a whiff of anybody saying anything nasty about them I get all mummy hellcat!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

I used to live in Canberra for many years and was living there pre and post 9/11. Security was super beefed up at parliament house and around the US embassy. Actually there were a lot of AFP crawling everywhere more so than usual and in plainclothes and unmarked cars. I find it odd that they are saying in the media now that the AFP are going down to canberra taking over the security of parliament house etc.... when there's already a huge AFP presence in the ACT given they don't have their own police force and that the AFP were monitoring security anyway at parliament house, although in recent years not as visually present, that was turned over to the parliament security team.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The AFP have come clean and admitted there was no mention of a beheading. There was threat to "kill" someone, and the AFP "assumed" that that meant beheading. What #s me is our lamestream media are STILL running the beheading bull#.

No-one is buying this heightened security crap.

The Abbott government releases a budget that is extremely unpopular which sees them tanking in the polls;
Abbott tries to milk MH370 for all he can, still no boost in the polls;
Abbott gets tough on Putin, still no boost in the polls;
Abbott milks MH17 for all he can, still no boost in the polls;
Abbott practically begs Obama to ask for Australian troops to go back to Iraq, no boost in the polls;
Abbott boosts terrorism threat to high, but still claims an attack unlikely. Polls don't budge;
On the day Abbott cuts short his photo-op stunt at an Aboriginal community to farewell Aussie troops he is putting in harm's way, a "massive anti-terror raid is conducted by 800 AFP officers. They take 15 (yep, 15 was all the 800 could round up). Only two of them are charged with anything (one with "minor weapons offences"). The rest are released.

And all because Abbot's budget stinks to high heaven.

Passing strange as well that although there is a "budget emergency", half a billion is available to throw away on another misadventure in Iraq.

And I bet his poll numbers still don't improve.

Australia you're being conned.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: whateverpedia

Forgot to add, the timing of all of this is just way too convenient.

On Monday 22/9, George "Bigots R Us" Brandis is going to introduce a bill in Parliament giving ASIO increased powers.

Coincidence?

Yeah, right. If you're stupid enough to believe what these neocon arsewipes and the Merdeoch press tell you, I've got a property for sale. Overlooks Sydney Harbour; Unique architect design; Suitable for holding operas; Going cheap.

Wake up Australia.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: Iscool

We know everything we need to know about Izlam..

Yes intelligence goes a long way, what happened to you, run out of fuel.

People and media supporting the west like generalize when demonizing Islam, lets see if there is anything like that in your post

Every major city in the World had so-called moderate muzlims standing in the streets cheering for the terrorists...Not just a few, millions of them...Britain, Australia, the U.S., everywhere...

Who would have thought it?

Yeah I remember 9/11, watching the news and then looking out side to see the festivities here in Australia.
I've read their bible...Have you??? I know what they believe...Those that appear to be civil and moderate are giving their money to those who will cut your head off...

Let's not pretend it's a race of people...I know some non muzlim Arabs and they are great people...The izlamaniacs on the other hand (of any race) are a threat to be watched and dealt with...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't trust anyone who wont eat pig, I mean come on here no bacon ? or Italian sausage ? but even worse no Honey Ham ? obviously being deprived of such exquisite succulents as these would be a massive hole in the soul of any human. If they refuse to eat pig its a clear indication they are suppressing deep seated oppressions, forget the ice bucket challenge its time for the Pork Crackling Challenge....he who eats lives.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join