It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest anti terror raids in Australian history.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
At dawn this morning 25 search warrants were executed in Sydneys' western suburbs and several raids occurred in Mount Gravatt and Logan in Brisbane in Sydney over 800 personnel were involved including state police,tactical response,Federal police and the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation,over 70 personnel were involved in Brisbane,15 in Sydney have been charged and one arrested for serious anti terror charges details are sketchy but the nature of the threat is believed to include public beheadings and mass shootings...more details when available.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Good, the more of this scum we can get off our streets the better.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
At dawn this morning 25 search warrants were executed in Sydneys' western suburbs and several raids occurred in Mount Gravatt and Logan in Brisbane in Sydney over 800 personnel were involved including state police,tactical response,Federal police and the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation,over 70 personnel were involved in Brisbane,15 in Sydney have been charged and one arrested for serious anti terror charges details are sketchy but the nature of the threat is believed to include public beheadings and mass shootings...more details when available.

Glad the Aussie's are proactive, terror has to be stopped in all countries.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Guessing all arrested were muslim.

As much as everybody likes to say muslims are not the problem, I see people are starting to see the trend.

From sex grooming gangs to welfare suckers to suicide bombers the bottom line is islam.

Now many people including the POTUS have said that IS is not islam, yet they are called muslim extremists. If they are muslim extremist how is that not islam?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

All Muslim extremists are Muslim. Your statement is correct. Nice to see the schools in Australia aren't any better than the ones in America.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

And most terrorists world-wide are Muslim. The last figures I saw indicated that roughly 80% of the deaths from terrorism and terrorist attacks came from Muslims killing for there religion.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Mail Online Article

I don't know about you but this is the stuff of nightmares.

If this group of people were really planning to abduct a random member of the public and behead them on video? I don't know what to say? Can you imagine the reaction of the Aussie public? I hope that they got the right people. Things in Australia would be rough for the Muslim communities there, this would be very bad for everybody.

Edit: I just read this online:
Sydney Church ISIS Threats

edit on 17-9-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Do you know anything about Islam? If not, how about you learn about it and then maybe you can answer your own question.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Do you know anything about Islam? If not, how about you learn about it and then maybe you can answer your own question.

What should be learned from Islam? Treating women like a cattle , no alcohol , no basic freedoms , violating human rights every day, sharia law , executing and torturing gays and lesbians.What should i learn from that middle age stupid religion?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Most of us don't know anything about Islam,
Except what we see on TV
Islamic militants trying to take over the world by murder and fear mongering
And nobody taking lead stage from the Islamic community shouting from the rooftops how outrageous these actions are
Yeah, we hear some individuals saying 'this isn't the way I practice my religion'
But not a lot of of 'these people need to be stopped' seems to be coming from the Islamic mouthpieces

Not saying these are the facts, I am saying this is what the non-muslim world is hearing/seeing

So, that being said, yes, ISIS and all the other Islamic militants are who represent the Muslim religion worldwide these days

X

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I can't say Muslims are all there is to Islam but if extremist Muslims continue terrorizing every other religion on this planet all the people of Islam will be punished. Out of fear. We can't look at a Muslim and tell if they are a terrorist. These terrorist acts promotes fear,dislike, and wariness of all Muslims.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

We know everything we need to know about Izlam...They showed what they were on 9-11...And it wasn't just the towers coming down...Every major city in the World had so-called moderate muzlims standing in the streets cheering for the terrorists...Not just a few, millions of them...Britain, Australia, the U.S., everywhere...

We know about Izlam...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Wow I live very close to Logan and Mt Gravatt. ISIS mustn't be lying when they say they're here, and planning something.

Do the be-headings and shootings they're accused of relate to ISIS ?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A couple of nights ago I dreamed of having to buy a gun because of this very danger. It was such a shocking notion for me that I woke myself up. So it appears to want to come to our streets now? Maybe my dream really was an omen.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've had a recurring dream of people storming the streets, screaming in arabic, rounding up random people...

I really hope this is just a result of the things I've seen online, and not anything to do with how ignorant and lazy out immigration policies have been.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

And a future warning to the UK and Ireland... The Troubles are well enough alive today. I'm praying for a peaceful outcome to the Scottish Referendum.

I say this - because not ALL 'terror'' is because of Islamic based militants. People tend to forget. They forget sectarian violence between christians, between race, between religions (like hindu, buddhist, sihk) and between muslims.

Please everyone, stop and think critically before you denounce the entire belief of a particular person or culture.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53
Wow I live very close to Logan and Mt Gravatt. ISIS mustn't be lying when they say they're here, and planning something.

Do the be-headings and shootings they're accused of relate to ISIS ?

Australian police detained 15 people Thursday in a major counterterrorism operation, saying intelligence indicated a random, violent attack was being planned on Australian soil.
Prime Minister Tony Abbott said he had been briefed on Wednesday night about the operation which had been prompted by information that an Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) movement leader in the Middle East was calling on Australian supporters to kill.

"Quite direct exhortations were coming from an Australian who is apparently quite senior in [ISIS] to networks of support back in Australia to conduct demonstration killings here in this country," Abbott told reporters.

"This is not just suspicion, this is intent and that's why the police and security agencies decided to act in the way they have," he added.

Source

So it would appear that it is. In the TV clip, the police were exhorting people not to take the law into their own hands, but merely to remain vigilant. My big fear is that the muslim youth will be more easily radicalized if people isolate them.
edit on 17-9-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

And if they watch the vids ISIS is putting out
It really glamorizes their plight, reminds me of the video games the kids play these days.
They are all winners, shoot and watch em dop, big explosions, good camadre
And of course, on the winning team.
So many young Islamic children who have been taught at some point a war will come to bring their religion to rule the world
Looks like this is it if you are watching, and if you are young and naïve

X

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Most Americans don't know anything about Islam. That article shows even our leaders don't know either. I bet most people don't know even the most basic and necessary things. Just for example, do Muslims believe in Jesus? If you Google it before you answer I've made my point and we might not know but you will

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
www.nytimes.com...

Most Americans don't know anything about Islam. That article shows even our leaders don't know either. I bet most people don't know even the most basic and necessary things. Just for example, do Muslims believe in Jesus? If you Google it before you answer I've made my point and we might not know but you will

Maybe the better question should be for what little you know about Muslims so far do you see anything that makes sense to you or that you like?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join