It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another clearcut case of police brutality...... Sigh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Who released the video? TK posted a statement from the department that i simply quoted. I'm sure there is a related agenda, I'm just not sure what it is.a reply to: poohsmom68

edit on 17-9-2014 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The video was released be Clovis Police Watch first no one is really saying how it got out only the video "surfaced". There has been nothing from the PD until today and nothing in the local paper until today. Like I said I am generally an advocate of law enforcement and believe most are good men and women. [url=http://www.cnjonline.com/2014/09/17/police-officer-faces-internal-investigation/]a reply to: wastedown

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus
The texas law I read said you have to ID yourself only when detained or arrested. You cannot detain without reasonable suspicion for a specific crime though. I highly doubt riding in a car pulled over for speeding counts as reasonable suspicion of a crime, let alone probable cause for arrest. Resisting arrest is supposed to be an addon charge, when you are arrested for an actual crime and resist. How many times we hear people being arrested for resisting arrest, and that being the only charge? Those cases should be tossed out, and cops reprimanded, you cannot resist arrest, without a reason to be arrested in the first place.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
the cop had no right to physically assault the guy....he did not resist arrest..the cop asked a few questions he asked why......he asked a few questions which the cop refused to answer...when he was asked to exit the vehicle he did...he was handcuffed and moved to the front of the vehicle where the cop decided he would teach him a lesson for not answering his original questions...the cop is a criminal and should be punished accordingly ...what a power tripping piece of garbage....

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I usually side with LE as being a dick to them is never a good idea. But I think a few here are missing the point. Up to the handcuffs and the walk to the patrol car, everything is kosher. The tripping and take down was flat out abuse. He just wanted to check and see what this guy was hiding. But he did it all wrong. And for that, he should be prosecuted and should be handing out fries instead of tickets. He was/is a douche.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Any time I get pulled over I produce my I.D., registration and proof of insurance. I will not consent to any search without a warrant and I will ask the officer questions as to why he pulled me and all that. This guy here, it seems, watched one too may YT videos and got himself in a pickle. This being said, I couldn't tell by watching the vid if the guy resisted, or pulled away from the officer, so I don't know if the cop had a reason to slam him on his face. But the cop does seem like a regular Richard.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Your def right about seeing this too often. Dash and cell phone cams have existed for years. Yet recently this Is an all too familiar event. When pulled over you have every right to question why you are being stopped. If I'm reading this correctly he wasn't even driving!! What has given these officers The idea that it's OK to straight beat someone for questioning why they are being pulled over?? It seems to me to be ego issues with The offending officers. It's truly shameful that those paid with tax payer money to protect and serve their communities would abuse The power given them in this way. We just had an issue with The sheriff where I live, who Is now running for re-election. I hope The voters voice their opinion of these hard handed tactics. I know I will.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: rustydog
Probably the rate at which they are actually penalized, which is like never. Paid vacations, with a declaration of investigation by themselves declaring proper procedure are the norm. Even with video evidence.

edit on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 11:30:01 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
When he was asked for ID why didn't he just give it to him. They are taught do not engage a challenge. I am not making excuses just the police just saying why challenge?

Because it's not a lawful order? Furthermore, you don't have to give an ID but rather give identifying information. The need for an actual ID like a driver's license only applies to very narrow things, like driving a car. Driving is prohibited on public roads unless the driver carries a driver's license. That sort of thing.

Texas Failure to Identify Law, What it Says vs. What Police Think It Says

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally refuses to give his name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has lawfully arrested the person and requested the information.

(b) A person commits an offense if he intentionally gives a false or fictitious name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has:
(1) lawfully arrested the person;
(2) lawfully detained the person; or
(3) requested the information from a person that the peace officer has good cause to believe is a witness to a criminal offense.

(a) only applies when a person is under lawful arrest.
(b) only applies when a person intentionally lied.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
When he was asked for ID why didn't he just give it to him. They are taught do not engage a challenge. I am not making excuses just the police just saying why challenge?

Because it's not a lawful order? Furthermore, you don't have to give an ID but rather give identifying information. The need for an actual ID like a driver's license only applies to very narrow things, like driving a car. Driving is prohibited on public roads unless the driver carries a driver's license. That sort of thing.

Texas Failure to Identify Law, What it Says vs. What Police Think It Says

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally refuses to give his name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has lawfully arrested the person and requested the information.

(b) A person commits an offense if he intentionally gives a false or fictitious name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has:
(1) lawfully arrested the person;
(2) lawfully detained the person; or
(3) requested the information from a person that the peace officer has good cause to believe is a witness to a criminal offense.

(a) only applies when a person is under lawful arrest.
(b) only applies when a person intentionally lied.

So there you go the two of you are on the street he ask for ID (b) (2) lawfully detained. They can charge you and hold you for 48 hours, then drop the charges legally. Why would you go through this for ID? What do you do at airports? I don't consider asking for ID agregus. Oklahoma has DUI checkpoints what do you do then, tell them to F-off you don't have to show no stinking ID?

If you're going to end up in a brawl with the cops do it over something worthwhile, not having to show ID, it is one of the things that separates US citizens from illegals.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Clovis is in New Mexico, not Texas. Y'all need to start quoting the proper state info.

As for what happened in the video, that cop was being a total douchbag. He failed to identify why the guy was being arrested. After he tripped the tard, he then states that he is 'now' being arrested for resisting.

Cops like that need to be given the pink slip.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Frankly, anyone who refuses to produce an ID or identify themselves when asked is playing the arschloch, and the majority appear to be in that category.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ChuckNasty

Ah, I don't know why I got confused on that matter. Well, New Mexico is one of the states that has a law that you must identify or can be arrested for failing to identify yourself.

There have been cases on that, one was Lee Roy Romero v. Eric Schum.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: Restricted
Stop refusing to identify yourself or provide ID. Problem solved.

People who don't are just stupid.

Ah yes, the whole tripping to the ground smashing the head on the pavement is normal police arrest procedure. Check!

Point out where I said that.

I quoted you.

Neglecting to address the obvious is condoning the egregious.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

If you give up your rights every time someone who shouldn't tells you to.
Eventually you won't have them to give up anymore.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Any time I get pulled over I produce my I.D., registration and proof of insurance. I will not consent to any search without a warrant and I will ask the officer questions as to why he pulled me and all that. This guy here, it seems, watched one too may YT videos and got himself in a pickle.

And that is the way most people react to a police stop. Apparently, the driver was complying, but the idiot in the backseat of the truck had to open his mouth, even after the idiot with the gun told him he was not talking to him. He continued to talk to the cop, and drew more attention to himself than he probably wanted. Now, you have two idiots, one in handcuffs, and the other abusing his authority.

If you are a passenger in a car that has been pulled over, STFU!!! The stop is not about you, rather the driver. Some people really amaze me.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

The police are out-of control. When asked why he was stopped, why couldn't the cop answer with a simple and straightforward answer. When the cop asks for an ID and he asks for a reason, why couldn't the cop give him one. This is a police state now. It is time to defund these pig pricks until they stop acting like tyrants.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea

If you give up your rights every time someone who shouldn't tells you to.
Eventually you won't have them to give up anymore.

Ok so you want to have a talk about rights, just what rights do you think you really have? Check the NDAA act, the Calea act, the myriad of laws being changed by the fearless leader going on in the country right now. In NH they made felons out of gun owners for not registering their "assault rifles" with the state after they already passed a background check with the feds. In California if you have been to a shrink they come and pick them up. NDAA allows the feds to hold you indefinitely, viper teams search at train stations, bus stops, airports, etc. they feel you up, subject you to radiation scans for weapons to fly. Put up first amendment areas at protest. Confiscate property, and now they (gubment) want control of the net. You have no rights, no privacy, and yet you complain about not giving ID? You challenge the cops get your butt kicked and then claim you have rights. You don't even have the right to type what you want on this forum.

The complaining, fighting, voting, rebellion, shooting, whatever your choice of altering the course of tyranny should have started long ago.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
No #, all that happened because too many people were simply oblivious, and indoctrinated with bull# attitudes and beliefs; Such as go along to get along; can't fight city hall; I have no power, I am just a nobody. Etc etc. And allowing it to keep sliding off the deep end surely will not help. We have to stop the momentum, before we can change the direction.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
No #, all that happened because too many people were simply oblivious, and indoctrinated with bull# attitudes and beliefs; Such as go along to get along; can't fight city hall; I have no power, I am just a nobody. Etc etc. And allowing it to keep sliding off the deep end surely will not help. We have to stop the momentum, before we can change the direction.

"We have to stop the momentum, before we can change the direction."

That my friend is a beautiful sentence. Hopefully citizens can do this without the shooting, between writing, emails, calls to representatives, talking, blogs etc. I am worn out it has fallen on deaf ears and eyes. We just need more of the same thing from more people. Whenever possible vote these bums out!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join