It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever been 100% healthy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am 37 years old, born in 1977. The question I would like to ask is that given that food additives have always been in my diet, processed foods have been unbalanced with high levels of salt and sugar and even water has un natural things in it, has my body ever been in it's natural state.

Add to this all of the pesticides,medicenes, air pollution, cleaning agents and cosmetics on the skin and it would be easy to speculate that none of us have every actually been in a natural state?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I grew up on an organic farm. 30 years ago.

I was as healthy as you can imagine, good food, daily exercise, clean air, no chemtrails where I grew up, village girls to shag

clean ground water

So yes, given ideal environment, a man and a woman can be 100 % healthy

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Would you say that you have the same health now or do you think that the things I listed have made you less healthy than 30 years ago?

a reply to: Tapping123

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tapping123

I grew up on an organic farm. 30 years ago.

I was as healthy as you can imagine, good food, daily exercise, clean air, no chemtrails where I grew up, village girls to shag

clean ground water

So yes, given ideal environment, a man and a woman can be 100 % healthy

You never caught a cold or flu? You never sprained an ankle? Got a cavity? Acne? Near-sightedness? Headache?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I was obese at a time and my knees were giving me trouble with the gout flare ups, but upon better diet and exercise, I've been 100% healthy ever since. It helps that there is no diabetes, heart disease, cancer or other genetic illness among my ancestors. In fact, my obesity was bizarre. No one else that I know of in my family has been anything other than thin. My mother's side was Prussian. They were all incredibly tall and thin and my Father's side was Scottish, while they have short legs and elongated torsos, they were normal sized. The men might have had a bit of a belly on them, but that was mainly from all the alcohol consumption.

Gout is terrible. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. There were times my knees and feet hurt so badly that I couldn't get a sock on or even stand a sheet to be covering me. Turns out, I was drinking too much soda. Just by stopping that alone, the gout went away. Gout can be cured for everyone with a simple gene delivery. Most mammals on this planet have enzymes to break uric acid down. Humans are blessed in their inability to do so.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The Egyptians used lead in their makeup and kept covering up the skin legions with even more makeup.

Exactly when were we ever been in a natural state? I would imagine it would be in prehistoric times, when the average adult was lucky to reach old age, and if they did, they'd be suffering from so many ailments they'd be wishing for death..

What I'm saying is that despite all the bad stuff around us, there is an awful lot of good too, like modern medicine.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am not sugesting that cave men had it better!

What I meant was that our bodies have an optimal state with a complex balance of many different things. Any imbalance of these and you would not be fully healthy.
a reply to: AlphaHawk

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a to: nonspecificreply
I just wanted to note on your saying at the bottom of ur page. I do believe that we are somewhat destined in life. things are going to happen that are supposed to. but, I think there are grey areas. suppose you don't look before you cross and you get hit and killed. whos to say that that wasn't your destiny? it a subject that I often will discuss to whomever will listen. people at church don't have all the answers and I can see them cringe when they see me coming. but I have questions. ministers seem to avoid the question, thanks for listening.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
in this day and age I would think no, not perfectly healthy...there is a thing called homeostasis, this is when your body is functioning properly in every area. but I don't think it means that you are 100% healthy ...I drink tainted water everyday...so I switched to bottled but I am now hearing rumors that bottled water is just tap for most companies. so I got a britta filter. safer, cleaner, assuring. there are so many ways our bodies are getting poisoned everyday...too many to mention. just do the best we can to avoid.

link   
From the day we are born to the day we die we have affliction. It could ether it be a scratch, cut, burn, blister, pimple, lesion or whatever it will be there.

link   

Well there's so many factors to consider, like a girl I knew, she lived a normal, healthy life until her heart stopped while she slept at 26 years old.

Whereas my pop was overweight, had diabetes, multiple strokes amongst other ailments and managed to get to 80..

All the things you mention in your OP obviously plays a part, but sometimes you can be doing all the right things and still not be 100%

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is the point I was trying to make.

It is only now that we seem to realise the changes in the way we live alter our metabolism. I have personally cut out all proccesed foods as reading the ingredients was getting pretty scary.

a reply to: christineclift

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I agree fully, do you think that your grandparent may have lived longer because they ate more real food than we do today or that everybody is different and thats just the way it is?
a reply to: AlphaHawk

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Well I'd have to say that everybody is different, of course if someone drinks 5 litres of coke every day, there will be consequences, but the girl I knew, she was too young for any bad eating or environmental habits to take effect, she was born with a weak heart, I doubt she even knew it. It's just unlucky genes I suppose.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I think healthy is defined better to include a good immunity to the stuff we take in. If I have a healthy immune system it is because it is constantly fighting off the crap thats coming into my body.

That crap is unhealthy and is always in us so no we are never in a state of perfect health. We have to die to become perfectly unfettered by unhealthy physicalness.

By the way almost every excretion the body makes is unhealthy. Crap, pee, puss, phlegm, sweat.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I've never been totally healthy. I thought I was much of the time but when looking at things better now I find I was deceiving myself. Sure I could work sixteen hours a day but that lifestyle dampened my ability to think clearly. I didn't actually want to be overthinking things anyway I suppose.

Funny that you can't actually judge feeling good if you never had it all. We tell the doctors we feel normal, what is normal. I have always had food intollerances and that is normal. Now I am researching these things and am finding I could have felt a lot better. But it took getting damage to my organs by medicines to get me looking at this. Also, there was no info on the net years ago to research and books were not a good way to research this subject. They were the perspective of one class of people, most were written by doctors who treated people and not by people who had experienced this stuff thenselves and found out how to control it. Most of this info in the past on how to control things died with the people, even their kids did not believe them because it was not what medicine and health care taught was right.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

The Egyptians used lead in their makeup and kept covering up the skin legions with even more makeup.

Exactly when were we ever been in a natural state? I would imagine it would be in prehistoric times, when the average adult was lucky to reach old age, and if they did, they'd be suffering from so many ailments they'd be wishing for death..

What I'm saying is that despite all the bad stuff around us, there is an awful lot of good too, like modern medicine.

Nothing has changed lead is used in virtually all make ups to make the colour deeper.

There are plenty of groups of people that live to the 120 years that all humans should live to but they ain't gonna tell you about it on the tv

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
yes, briefly, just before i was born.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Well I'd have to say that everybody is different, of course if someone drinks 5 litres of coke every day, there will be consequences, but the girl I knew, she was too young for any bad eating or environmental habits to take effect, she was born with a weak heart, I doubt she even knew it. It's just unlucky genes I suppose.

NO its not got anything to do with luck its about education if the mother gets all the nutrients between conception and the first 3 months in the womb then that baby should never be ill through its life.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

This is complete nonsense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join