It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In light of the Adrian Peterson fiasco, I would like to discuss corporal punishment of children.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

You may see a trend here of the mother doing the disciplining and the father not. My history is that my father did not have the heart to give us boys a whipping. Now my mother and great aunt are a different story. As a child I was terrified of my great aunt. She was old and if you got in trouble you had to go outside to a honey suckle bush and get her a switch. If it wasn’t up to snuff shed go out and get a bigger switch.
My mom she could beat ass with the best of them. Looking back I am surprised that my brother and I only two years apart did not drive the poor woman crazy with our antics. Many a time one of us would get in trouble and the belt would come out and while one was getting a whipping the other one would for some twisted reason begin to laugh. This infuriated my mother who would proceed to take a belt to the offender laughing which only made the other one to begin laughing. We’d end up on the couch with our hands over our mouths trying not to laugh knowing it would bring on another beating.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join