It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS is BS. Is ATS conditioning us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
NLBS is 100% regurgitated. I enjoyed ATS a bit more when 'ATS sponsored' topics weren't showing on the front page (they had their seperate link). Don't get me wrong now, I cherish numerous topics here on ATS. And still enjoy many topics here.

Besides the obvious open minded comments here on ATS, what sort of agenda are you guys really trying to push, having NLBS the top topic for how ever many weeks in a row? If I remember correctly, Jesse Ventura was the top topic for a week or so.

Is ATS trying to condition us?

Banning boobies was your first strike, ATS. Creating a platform for regurgitating propaganda, second strike.

What's next? Ban calculators because they can spell 'boob'?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What's an NLBS?
2nd

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
What's an NLBS?
2nd

It stands for Next level Bullshiite and is a new venture here on ATS...

Here are the links to the first 2 episodes -

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They have also done some exclusive interviews and a special on 9/11.

I'm not sure what ATS could be conditioning us for though. I'm lost on that point. I like it pretty good so far myself, but as with anything... we should still check things out for ourselves regardless of where it comes from if we doubt it. I don't think ATS is expecting us to swallow anything just because it comes from them. I think they've been doing this long enough to know better than that.

edit on 9/16/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

I gave you an S and an F just 'cause I enjoy a good rant but I'm not sure I understand your point.

All things considered, production value etc., I'm kinda liking NLBS.

I dont agree with all of Joe's viewpoints but we're able to express our criticism in real time so it all seems to work out.

*shrugs*

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Conditioning us to be OK with stuff we're already conditioned to be OK with? You wouldn't be posting online if you weren't assuming it's all gonna be fine right?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I actually am glad someone finally said what I have been thinking. I don't necessarily think we are being conditioned, but the show itself is crap. I was just going to ignore it because I didn't like it, but I thought I was the only one. I kept wondering how it kept being the top topic and how a word we are technically not even able to post on ATS could be part of the title.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast
I am with Metallicus, I don't think the show is conditioning us but I don't hold the show in any esteem what so ever. If Joe and ATS want to do the show that is fine by me, I ignore it most of the time but have checked in on the first beta shows and episodes to see what it was all about.

Personally, I don't think the show adds any value to the topics they discuss, it is just a highly opinionated show that calls things out as B.S. ... something that is done on ATS by everyone. I also do not know why it is in the deconstructing disinformation forum as the show seems to be one giant Rant in itself so it might be better suited for this forum.

Anyway, those are my thoughts and I'll leave the show alone and to its own devices.
edit on 9/16/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: grammar

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
You have the power to choose what you read, choose what you watch, and choose what you write.

ATS is a choice we make, topics will vary, and we'll choose what we want to read when-ever we log on.

Just remember it's YOUR choice what you CHOOSE to read/watch.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I was sceptical about NLBS too, but i find it enjoyable, and a welcome addition. It doesn't only regurgitate bull#, as if you had bothered to look at some of their recent material, they have conducted interviews as well.

It only appears on the front page because so many people flag it.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The stuff at the top is there because of flags and activity (post and stars).

If you are implying that the different episodes are at the top because ATS staff are putting them there manually, or artificially inflating the stats, i would like to see some evidence to back that up.

It's fresh and new, and as long as they keep coming up with episodes as great as the ones they have made so far, i think we will continue to see the community get behind it and keep the current episode on top for a few days to a week each time.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
how and why did they ban boobies??

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The next time you click on NLBS, you should pay attention to the other sites they post on. ATS is their home, their goal is to spread the word.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Im sorry, but this is kind of a big deal to me... so I'll ask one more time.
In what way did they ban boobies? And how do they define them?

My cousin (through marriage) John "call me Johnathan" is a real boob. I wouldnt mind if they banned him, to be honest... a preemptive ban. Can we actually do that if I provide solid evidence of his boobery? Do they do that here?
edit on 9/16/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast

Is ATS trying to condition us?

*cough* LAUGH *cough*
Nothing can condition you, without your consent. If it weren't for ATS and the multitude of societal taboo topics it covers,we would all still be in the dark. We wouldn't know there were others out there in the world who share our opinions,and views on everything most of us feel uncomfortable discussing in our own small social circles. Would you prefer to log off and return to society without conspiracy theories? I doubt once you cross the line, reveal the man behind the curtain there is any going back. If you don't like anything you see here, add a filter to your tin foil hat and ignore it and move on. It's quite simple.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

The stuff at the top is there because of flags and activity (post and stars).

That may be true for most threads but...

I have seen several threads with more flags and posts which were authored around the same time and they always remain in second position on the front page below the nlbs or whatever it's called.

My opinion of this is that they are trying to gain exposure for their new venture which kind of makes sense from the ownership side of things.

EDIT:

To be honest I am not very fond of the show and find it quite irritating so I just ignore it.
edit on 16-9-2014 by real_one because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2014 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
If you are implying that the different episodes are at the top because ATS staff are putting them there manually, or artificially inflating the stats, i would like to see some evidence to back that up.

There have been many times where ATS and/or partner productions have been given hard-coded top-slot status on the home page.

1) ATS News - the old Johnny Anonymous videos
2) Conspiracy Chicks - the old Conspiracy Chicks videos
3) George Knapp's Mustang Conspiracy - the video serious exposing BLM
4) Street View - partner production out of NYC
5) Don't Tred On Media - partner production
6) Off The Grid - Jesse Ventura's first few videos on ATS
7) NLBS - the current partner production

It's not unusual. It's been done before.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
You have the power to choose what you read, choose what you watch, and choose what you write.

ATS is a choice we make, topics will vary, and we'll choose what we want to read when-ever we log on.

Yes,

So ATS or the threads aren't conditioning us so to speak but is content added to a site to get responses for a purpose,

and if one uses their paranoid mind they might conclude ATS is a tool used by organisations that are now known to collect data via electronic means on many of us for profiling purposes, what better place to get psychological profiles of people if you can trace where they are posting from, what other online activity they are involved with and who they are than a site that discusses conspiracies.

I am not saying ATS is a front for any 3 letter agency but that conspiracy/ alternate media sites are the best place to create psychological profiles on people without them knowing and the only organizations that would have the means to mine and store all the data would be a government agency aimed at protecting national security.

Create a digital copy of people, store them in a supercomputer or a number of massive servers that facilitate a program run on a supercomputer or combined supercomputers to run scenarios based on probability to get predictive information on human intentions.

Add as much info that's gathered on people to be able to run massive amounts of calculations to get the probable outcome of future events.

Have I gone way off the deep end here or does some get the gist of what I am saying, I am not the first to propose such, its just others have expressed this idea a more logical fashion than I think I have.

I went a little to far with the purpose of collecting data but I think sites such as this are used to collect psychological profiles on us all or at least those that post things that would raise flags with certain tracking programs used to help fight terrorism online, so basically all of us.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I kept wondering how it kept being the top topic and how a word we are technically not even able to post on ATS could be part of the title.

I don't really care if ATS hypes the show or it makes top position on it's own merits, it's their site.They can add flashing animated sirens if they want, makes no diff.

The other part though about NLBS using a word that we cannot bothers me greatly. Almost makes it like there are two classes among members/posters. Seems kind of elitist to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I don't really have an issue with NLBS other than when I really want to call something bull#, it's is censored. But I miss really pretty women offering news. I think a re-vamp of the conspiracy chicks, perhaps with some gratuitous cleavage (yes, I am a pig) and witty humor would go a long way.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

originally posted by: skyblueworld

Yes,

So ATS or the threads aren't conditioning us so to speak but is content added to a site to get responses for a purpose,

and if one uses their paranoid mind they might conclude ATS is a tool used by organisations that are now known to collect data via electronic means on many of us for profiling purposes, what better place to get psychological profiles of people if you can trace where they are posting from, what other online activity they are involved with and who they are than a site that discusses conspiracies.

I am not saying ATS is a front for any 3 letter agency but that conspiracy/ alternate media sites are the best place to create psychological profiles on people without them knowing and the only organizations that would have the means to mine and store all the data would be a government agency aimed at protecting national security.

Create a digital copy of people, store them in a supercomputer or a number of massive servers that facilitate a program run on a supercomputer or combined supercomputers to run scenarios based on probability to get predictive information on human intentions.

Add as much info that's gathered on people to be able to run massive amounts of calculations to get the probable outcome of future events.

Have I gone way off the deep end here or does some get the gist of what I am saying, I am not the first to propose such, its just others have expressed this idea a more logical fashion than I think I have.

I went a little to far with the purpose of collecting data but I think sites such as this are used to collect psychological profiles on us all or at least those that post things that would raise flags with certain tracking programs used to help fight terrorism online, so basically all of us.

If you are on the internet at all, you are being tracked and data collected about you, no matter what site you go to. ATS is no different. But if they are going to collect anything about me, I'd rather it be that I am here, PAYING ATTENTION to what is really going on, that on Ebay spending money, or watching mindless videos about celebrities on youtube.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join