It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS is BS. Is ATS conditioning us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
The other part though about NLBS using a word that we cannot bothers me greatly.

This is not true, and has been explained a nauseating number of times. --sigh-- Let's try one more time.

You can't post the word in threads. It hurts the entire site because of automated censoring tools out there.

You can say the word (and other profanity) in videos and podcasts -- this has been the case on ATS since 2005.
edit on 16-9-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

If you are on the internet at all, you are being tracked and data collected about you, no matter what site you go to.

Yes, That was exactly what my post was saying.

ATS is no different.

Well different in its easier to create a psychological profile because people are posting their thoughts or lies on ATS that it would be say on Ebay where people are purchasing things, a discussion site where people are posting thoughts, debating and showing signs of frustration/disbelief/fear/happiness/acceptance is where one can get a better view of how ones mind operates.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

OK fair enough. Never heard of this before and I have read many of the rule threads in the Board Biz forum. Guess I must of missed it. Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Oh ATS why must you try and ruin our lives with sponsored messages from various programming efforts that expand the site? Shame on you.

I'll just saunter over to AlexJones and watch his force-fed opinion get jammed down my throat instead...

I can't believe people complain about various collaborations with ATS and others, when most are plunking down CRAP from other websites without even reviewing it.

I applaud the site for letting people use ATS as an outlet, (if you look closely you see that the opinions expressed are not that of the Above network)...

In other words, they are letting others bring content to the site. No different than you or I making a thread. Sure the Ventura show was a little more than advertising, but I'd still rather that being advertised than colloidal silver and space magnets claiming to cure hepatitis or what have you.

Not every venture has been successful but at least they are trying. People are adding to the site and brining something different, and you want to rip on it for what? ATS Live had a great run, for years, people tuning into ATS radio to get thoughts and opinions of members of the board, not always spit and polished, heck some episodes not even that entertaining but it was a good effort and it was worth a listen.

So are the other things that are brought to the site.

Even if they don't catch on, at least they can say they tried. But complaining? Complaining about someone's effort to get their message across? Holy crap, remind me when you post a thread to complain about you posting...

You know, cause I'm totally against people sharing their thoughts and opinions. We all are. This is supposed to be a place we just load on our screens, and it never changes. Just a home screen. That's all I want. A home screen. Nothing on it. Just a home screen.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I was not aware of of that, i always assumed they were there because the community usually jumps in with flags and replies. Looks like i put the cart before the horse.

Thanks for the clarification!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I used to like the ATS recap shows, much better than the more recent ones but there still ok, what happened to them? There still on the homepage but there all old i think? We need them back

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

Is ATS conditioning us?

If it helps to put your mind at ease, the precise answer is: no.

If you'd like me to go in to detail concerning not only why not, but how it is not possible, let me know.

All of the conditioning I have recieved from participation in these boards and trying to understand ATS has only been an inoculation against that on the web which is conditioned or aims to condition.

We make excellent web-citizens here.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

The other part though about NLBS using a word that we cannot bothers me greatly.

This is not true, and has been explained a nauseating number of times. --sigh-- Let's try one more time.

You can't post the word in threads. It hurts the entire site because of automated censoring tools out there.

You can say the word (and other profanity) in videos and podcasts -- this has been the case on ATS since 2005.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I would just rather see 5 different people sitting around a table every week and discussing different topics. Get a yuppie, get a country person, get a ghetto person, get a religious person, so-on-and-so-forth. I think that would be interesting. Just moderate the topics. Maybe even let members appear on the show. I think some interesting debates could be had. I think some good viewpoints would be made. I also think it could be funny at times, too. We are craving a different format than the tired, old, same thing. We need change, and this change has nothing to do with Obama. ....or does it?

As far as conditioning; Always question everything. Even on ATS. Take it all with a grain of salt and based on the evidence that you deem usable, form your own opinions. Don't follow the herd.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

So you want an ATS version of "The View"?? I think we have enough of that already. Please don't mainstream our alternative outlets...Besides, the radio show close to that already (without the demonic forces). If you haven't listened before you can go back and listen to old shows. They have members calling in on Skype, a roster of regulars of varying opinions and special guests.

Only thing missing are the chicken like creatures Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters, Elizabeth Hasselbeck etc cackling away. Yes, I know, I know, we all want to see alien creatures communicate... But come on!

I see that when I visit my mother and she's PVR'ing that hideous broadcast.
edit on 16-9-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I would just rather see 5 different people sitting around a table every week and discussing different topics. Get a yuppie, get a country person, get a ghetto person, get a religious person, so-on-and-so-forth. I think that would be interesting. Just moderate the topics. Maybe even let members appear on the show. I think some interesting debates could be had. I think some good viewpoints would be made. I also think it could be funny at times, too. We are craving a different format than the tired, old, same thing. We need change, and this change has nothing to do with Obama. ....or does it?

As far as conditioning; Always question everything. Even on ATS. Take it all with a grain of salt and based on the evidence that you deem usable, form your own opinions. Don't follow the herd.

I think that would be refreshing, and I think that will come in the future. But the way things are now, I don't see that happening.

This may defeat the purpose of this thread but I cannot think that far ahead right now:

I have never seen any episode ATS has advertised on their site. They always got some dude in the thumbnail. If you put a woman showing cleavage I might click on it. .....ehh whatever, it's the rant forum.

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

ATS Link

Not that I have an issue with this, I like it here!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

wow you joined in June 2014 and you have this opinion ?

wow

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm trying to work out if your post was sarcasm, if it is... don't mind me.

originally posted by: AccessDenied

*cough* LAUGH *cough*
Nothing can condition you, without your consent.

LOL what? That is the complete opposite of how conditioning works... you don't "Consent" to be conditioned, it's subtle, sly and works you over.

If it weren't for ATS and the multitude of societal taboo topics it covers,we would all still be in the dark. Would you prefer to log off and return to society without conspiracy theories?

Was ATS the first or only Conspiracy site online?
I, like most people I'm sure, was well aware of conspiracies, aliens, political corruption and a myriad of other issues long before I joined ATS... even back when ATS was the old Area 51 site.

I even had these funny paper things called books when I was a kid.
Books about unsolved mysteries, UFO magazines, books on hauntings and ghosts.... couldn't get enough of it.

If you don't like anything you see here, add a filter to your tin foil hat and ignore it and move on. It's quite simple.

Now that is good advice.
edit on 17/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join