It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #1: Islamaphobia, Sovereign Citizens, Rewriting History, and more...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+84 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
In this, our premier episode, we hit Islamaphobia head-on and show you how pundits on all sides; left, right, atheists, and christians are purposefully blaming radical Islam for suicide terrorism in an effort to hide or forget the truth. We also take a look at the "Freeman on the Land" or "Sovereign Citizen" movement that's been in the news lately, and apparently scaring Homeland Security. Two examples of overt attempts to revise history, one by a state and another by the feds, round out our full coverage on these three important topics. And a big important thanks to all those who suffered through our BETA period and provided your feedback. It helped.

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Next Level BS Website

Side Note: This episode was particularly tough to get out. As most know, yesterday the desert flooded here in Phoenix! We were plagued with abnormally hellish humidity from all the water everywhere, an air conditioner taken down by all the rain (I think you can see me sweating), and all kinds of scheduling issues as a result. But damn if calling BS isn't important, we still got it out!

Next Level BS is a production of The Above Network, LLC, with the collaboration of AboveTopSecret.com. The views expressed in the videos, video comments, and social media pages of Next Level BS are those of the producers and host, and don't necessarily reflect the views of AboveTopSecret.com or The Above Network, LLC.

edit on 11-9-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

WOW – for episode #1, you’ve come out all-guns-blazing brother..........I like.

Q: Between 1981-2006 how many of the politically motivated suicide bombers adhered to Islam, compared to other religions – imo, the ideology of Islam makes no distinction between religion and politics – it is a total and all-consuming way-of-life.

I have many friends who are Muslim (due to working in predominantly Islamic countries when not at home in Australia) and pretty much all of them see The United States Government as the house of war - an accurate assessment - I agree with this label.

The whole shebang can be summed up by this comment, such poetry from one of my favourite contributors.........

America: "Middle East, you have a BIG problem"

Middle East: "And, what would that be?"

America: "Our Oil is under your dirt"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Nice episode, I liked the "Sovereign Citizen" bit particularly... "dust in a little bit of crazy", lol

Keep up the good work. I subscribed!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

First time I clicked in one of your threads. Not bad, not bad at all. Rather that going deeper in one only topic, you seem to like to talk about several things on the same video, avoiding get boring.

BTW, talking about Islam.........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They have a bad reputation.
edit on 9-9-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Loved it. . . Checking out your website too.
I will not be commenting there. I keep all my assanine remarks compartmentalized.

edit on 9-9-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The Terrorists may have political motives in leadership. But, all you have to do is go to youtube to see that those who are fighting the fight are doing so out of a religious conviction. So, you're only telling part of the story.

Calling the sovereign citizen movement "NLBS" is your own opinion and not one I, or a lot of people, share.

I agree with you that the Obama administration should stay out of education.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I find it funny how both my first and last avatar names are both in this OP lol snf...
edit on 9-9-2014 by PhoenixFreeman because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2014 by PhoenixFreeman because: Am thik

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Oh my God, walk away mainstream media. In fact run, for here is a man who isn't supposed to exist: His show reveals a high level IQ, and those who have investigated him closely have turned up no significant criminal history, no corruptions, just ex-lady friends who say he has a large **** (we can't say that on ATS, its a family site. Just Joe can) Its a situation I've heard about through the sweet winds of my mind's eye that make me laugh in every way possible.

But I want to speak to the content of his show, for it is excellent. He lead with his best, the Islamophobia.

The world is at a balancing point right now. On one hand, public opinion is pushing Obama to bomb Syria and other locations to stop ISIS. On the other hand, the Arab League is rising up to stop ISIS on their own. The question is, "can we trust the Arabs?"

My opinion is the Arabs have a big problem with them that we are not willing to face: That problem is the fact that Arabs are just like us. Our denial of this fact takes a lot of forms, mostly the idea that Arabs are some kind of animals we must protect from modern technology like nuclear weapons, and that constant military interventions in their area is something they need and will appreciate, because they are wild animals desperately seeking a master. Yet if you look at the facts, a different reality emerges. It shows Arabs are willing to fight for their own freedom, for their own sovereignty, just like American's in 1776. But they are not thrilled to fight for a colonial power from another continent, just as Americans were not excited about fighting for the British in 1776. This insight shows us that the way to peace and stability in the Middle East doesn't come from American leadership in shaping the region, but rather from American support for local people shaping the region in a positive way, just like the way France supported America during its revolution: There was never a doubt that George Washington would be in control in the end, not a French king, but also a lasting friendship was formed. I think Gandhi spoke truest, about all of us:

Gandhi: Mr. Kinnoch, I beg you to accept that there is no people on Earth who would not prefer their own bad government to the good government of an alien power.

So its time for Team America to stand back, and to ask how we can help the Arab League to bring lasting peace and stability to their own lands. Again, there's nothing to fear from Arab power: They are just like us. Even given nuclear weapons, and on considering the atrocities at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Arabs will come to the same conclusion: That divine spiritual principles require these reckless weapons not be used in modern warfare.

In short, there is nothing to fear from moderate Arab power asserting itself in the world. Because simply, they are just like us

Peace!
edit on 9-9-2014 by tridentblue because: clarity, and great Gandhi quote

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I really liked your take on the "Brown" scare which is now conveniently being used in place of the "Red" scare.

The US (and by extension the West), needs a constant enemy. Without an enemy, governments cant justify spending billions and trillions on the Military Industrial Complex. Nor would they be able to strip us of our rights in the name of "fighting the enemy".

With regards to sovereign citizens, I agree that they may not be going about it the right way, but they have the right idea. The idea that rights come from God or are inherent (naturally occurring), not granted or permitted by government.

Whats the saying, "I'm free, I have a permit that says so"...

Sovereign citizen ideals TERRIFY the government. Government in collusion with the media are intentionally demonizing and attacking the group using fringe examples in hopes that the average person will instantly dismiss their ideals before theres a chance to learn more. They did the exact same thing with the 9/11 Truth movement and "Truthers".

edit on 9-9-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
In my opinion, the political motivators of a religion will sell the fight to lesser barbarians as doing God's work. They talk the political talk but walk the religious walk when it's time to light a fire under the men who are willing to die for their cause, if that makes any sense.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
In my opinion, the political motivators of a religion will sell the fight to lesser barbarians as doing God's work. They talk the political talk but walk the religious walk when it's time to light a fire under the men who are willing to die for their cause, if that makes any sense.

At some point you stop worrying about bowing before Gods and which Gods you bow before, and see the supreme authority behind them: The people who believe in them.

There is nothing to fear in Arab power.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue

originally posted by: eisegesis

At some point you stop worrying about bowing before Gods and which Gods you bow before, and see the supreme authority behind them: The people who believe in them.

There is nothing to fear in Arab power.

I guess it all depends who's in charge and what you gain by following them. A lot of good Muslims go bad because the spoils of war are tempting if shared with those willing to fight for your cause. Sometimes a man will do whatever it takes to provide for his family or keep from starving.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Nice reporting!

Suicide Terrorism: the science as expressed in the OP does align with many of the sources I've looked into over the years as well as talking to a friend who left the US after 9/11( and of course to not be biased here.)

Part of the plan(pick where it leads to), of these phobias, such as to say similar to the Cold War scare, It's part of the said "fear grid" imposed on citizens. We'd no longer need TSA without some major enemy for example.

Sovereign Citizens, read the info but have yet to comment about it. Here goes: The statement info shared the Sovereign citizens involved in crime cases. Unfortunately as we see in certain situations that their actions bring anyone aligning to even those participating in places online such as forums whether they align or not-just questioning to dismissing- onto the radar of investigation. Guilt by association.

edit on 10-9-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The "Islamaphobia" segment sure sounds a lot like this article.

A lot like it.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

If Muslims hatred is only fuelled by Western politics, then why are ISIS in Iraq slaughtering men, women and children who refuse to convert to Islam?

"Politics" is just another excuse for Muslim radicals to murder anyone with different views than themselves.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
The "Islamaphobia" segment sure sounds a lot like this article.

We pulled from several recent sources, as we do for every topic -- not that one though.

Salon, Alternet, the actual studies/data, and some existing knowledge were used for the Islamaphobia piece. It looks like several sources found similar/same conclusions.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Whats their problem with sovereign citizens? surely they, like me and you, regard themselves as free, independent sovereign human beings ...... don't they???????????????????

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ah ATS, long time no see!

I have to respond to the Islamophobia piece, as resident "islamophobe".

The argument is in the video is based on two studies about suicide bomber motivations, that conclude that political motivations are far more common than religious ones. Then it dismisses the whole rich world of Islamophobia based on the this little fact? Well, not so fast!

What abouthe high crime rate of muslim immigrants in Europe? The extremist worldview of many ordinary muslims? (Source). The supposedly moderate people on a muslim conference in Norway agreeing with stoning? Or statistics about British muslims like these:

Nearly a third of 16 to 24-year-olds believed that those converting to another religion should be executed, while less than a fifth of those over 55 believed the same.

Source

No wonder they are the biggest exporter of jihadist fighters from all western countries..

Or more recently, the ISIS atrocities? The Rotherham child abuse perpetrated by "Asians" (Pakistanis)? I could go on and on...

Even if muslims did no suicide bombings at all, I would still be an "islamophobe". There is plenty of evidence that Islam is dangerous. The notion that there is only a "tiny minority of extremists" in Islam is in fact NLBS.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I LOVE IT!

This will become essential veiwing for me, without a doubt. I could not agree more with the way you dealt with pretty much all the topics covered in the episode, and my flabber was completely ghasted by the segment you did on education.

The fact is that awareness begins with learning. History lessons may seem boring to some, but in order to properly appreciate history, one must first desire to avoid mistakes that have already been made, and learning ones history is a vital part of the development of anyone who wishes to avoid those pit traps already sprung. Of course, anyone who has read their history in a broad manner, will realise that in order to avoid those pitfalls, one must abandon notions like greed, intolerance, ignorance, a reliance on the status quo.

History is the road map for the future, except where one ordinarily follows the path previously trod, with history, the key is to take new steps, on paths never previously walked, questing, ever questing, for a mistake that has never been made, a mistep absent a preceeding footstep from a long dead generation.

What is being done to dissolve the truth by the education system in Virginia, and on the Federal level, seems anathemic to that ideal of making new mistakes, and seems bound to result in a repeat of old ones. No wonder you called BS on it!

I really love the way that this was laid out as an episode, and I also like the way that presenting these issues alongside one another allows one to make connections between them, which might not have been obvious had they been separate from one another in arrangement. You see the Islamaphobia segment relates strongly to the education segment in some key ways, because that education segment was about misinforming a generation, one assumes for the purpose of greying out and blurring a clear line of morality, which would ordinarily be stark. This would make it much easier to nudge an individual educated in such a manner, toward bias, and away from relativism, the ability to compare all things evenly beside one another without prejudice.

This in turn will make it easier for future administrations to garner support for all manner of future exploits abroad, because people will no longer be able to draw fair comparisons between their own nations formation, and the situations pertaining to rebellion and freedom fighting the world over. That is not to say that the IS issue is a non-event. Its a serious problem, but we have to be able to understand WHY the problem exists, and look at the solutions honestly, with full and frank, and humble acceptance of our own nations roles in the creation of the circumstances leading to it. Only by doing so can we ever hope to overcome our own bias, and indeed the bias of those who seek to subject entire regions to chaos and bloodshed.

Sometimes courage lies not in the ability to shank ones opponent in the kidneys, but in being able to prevent the necessity, and willing to risk more in doing so, than one would in all out combat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join